[C-Artist] Wang Yi Bo 王一博

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

There were soooooooooooo many YiBo stuff today, I don't even know where to start.

hahahaa... there is no rest in Yibo-world @Tofu

And his airwalk..... love it! So cool!!! Altho I confess.. I'm not really into his new single..But I really like his performance. 

---

Anyway... Happy New Year from Yibo.

『happy new year』 2021, yun-zi says good morning to you

let’s welcome the first ray of sunshine in the new year together!

Unfiltered:

Spoiler

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Lynne said:

hahahaa... there is no rest in Yibo-world @Tofu

Seems like it! At one point, I was scrolling for a minute or two on my Twitter feed and it was all YiBo. :laugh:

9 hours ago, Lynne said:

And his airwalk..... love it! So cool!!! Altho I confess.. I'm not really into his new single..But I really like his performance. 

Yeah, I really liked his performance but I'm not into his new song too. Maybe it'll grow on me after a few listen? 

Seeing this made me laugh because he has so many lines in LoF that the video was very fitting. Haha!!

• Haha 1

I would eat KFC as often as TRaNz does if that means I get to see YiBo's photo at the place every time I go. :laugh:

Wang Lee Hom is a nice guy. I remembered when Wong Fu Productions (a small Asian American YT film making company) was getting popular on YT, he invited them out to shoot his music video. It was their first big project with a well known celebrity. 

Together, their performance was great. :heart:

• Haha 2

ahhhhh i have lots to sayyy about yibo... but busy with work... huhuhu...

Anyway, Congratulations to Wang Yibo as 

• 2022 Winter Olympics cultural promotion ambassador
  • Ice and snow sports promotion ambassador
  • Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics and Winter Paralympics sports icon 

Look how proud his geges in DDU announcing it! 

2020.01.09 DDU 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
54 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

i just listen to this....and i gotta say that YiBo still doing pretty steady :D hahaha

I know! I'm impressed with him every single time I see new stuff from him. He is truly amazing! I'm so glad that he decided to promote back in China rather than stay in Korea. I don't think we would have know this Wang YiBo if he hadn't done that. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I know! I'm impressed with him every single time I see new stuff from him. He is truly amazing! I'm so glad that he decided to promote back in China rather than stay in Korea. I don't think we would have know this Wang YiBo if he hadn't done that. 

i guess they were thinking that Korea is a gold mine???

cause some thought by gaining some fame in Korea they can break it out even faster in the C-Market faster?

though @Lynne might be able to tell you more on his history as i saw her mentioning how hard YiBo actually working to make it this big

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

cause some thought by gaining some fame in Korea they can break it out even faster in the C-Market faster?

I think it worked for some groups that were really popular in Korea. Like EXO, when the three members (Kris Wu, Luhan, and Tao) left to go back to China, they grew a big fan base. But some didn't do so well, like some of the Miss A girls (Fei and JiA). 

@Lynne knows everything about Wang YiBo. Haha! Did you follow him when he was in Korea?

• Like 2
On 1/24/2021 at 11:36 PM, Tofu said:

I think it worked for some groups that were really popular in Korea. Like EXO, when the three members (Kris Wu, Luhan, and Tao) left to go back to China, they grew a big fan base. But some didn't do so well, like some of the Miss A girls (Fei and JiA). 

@Lynne knows everything about Wang YiBo. Haha! Did you follow him when he was in Korea?

It really depends on how well the group was doing originally.  EXO was hugely popular at the height of their success and still enjoys a lot of popularity, so it's no wonder their three Chinese members were able to pivot into successful careers in China once they parted ways with the group.  Lay is also doing well in China, though he is technically still a part of EXO.  Miss A, on the other hand, had several hit songs, especially their debut song, but that's about it.  As a group they did okay, certainly not like their junior group, Twice, and it was Suzy who enjoyed most of the group's popularity.  I don't think Min, their other Korean member, is doing particularly well in Korea either, probably similar to how Fei and Jia are doing in China.  

We'll never really know how well Yibo would've done as a member of Uniq in Korea.  For a group that was purposely formed as a mixed-Chinese/Korean group for dual country promotions, the timing of their debut ended up being terrible and that cut off a lot of opportunities.  I often think of his other members and think how much it sucks for them, but I don't begrudge Yibo his success!  On the contrary, as you all know I love him, and I think he's worked hard and deserves it all.  I just think it's a pity for his other members.  It's got to be hard as close as they all were/are.  

• Like 2

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

i love seeing a guy in uniform....hahahaha :P you gotta admit.....Yibo look good :heart:

On 1/31/2021 at 5:36 AM, themarchioness said:

Miss A, on the other hand, had several hit songs, especially their debut song, but that's about it.  As a group they did okay, certainly not like their junior group, Twice, and it was Suzy who enjoyed most of the group's popularity.  I don't think Min, their other Korean member, is doing particularly well in Korea either, probably similar to how Fei and Jia are doing in China.  

yes very true....Miss A wasnt hugely a success and i think even Suzy had dwiddle down a bit? i havent really seen her around much in the screen either......

if im not wrong i think was it Fei or Jia that join the Sister Variety show and enjoy a pretty much huge success however there were antis calling her 'outdated' that was very bad of them.....

I didnt really hear of Uniq till i start noticing YiBo though....so it was a miss and hit for me.....and i came to know that he was part of Uniq till later....also it does seems like YiBo still enjoy a good frienship with part of the group too....

Exo....hahaha i never really know much K-Pop or band....just some.....

@themarchioness - I can't imagined where YiBo would be if he never promoted back in China after going to Korea. I don't think we would have been introduced to the YiBo we know now and it would be a shame. One of his groupmate (Woodz, I think his name is Seung Youn) is actually doing pretty good in Korea, not extremely well known but he is still putting out music. YiBo definitely deserve all the love he is getting, he is one talented person. I'm at awe at all the content I see from him. I want to be able to do all of that too! 

4 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

i love seeing a guy in uniform....hahahaha :P you gotta admit.....Yibo look good

He does and he did well with the training too! With all these police materials lately, would they just release Being A Hero now? :pandathink:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

I didnt really hear of Uniq till i start noticing YiBo though....so it was a miss and hit for me.....and i came to know that he was part of Uniq till later....also it does seems like YiBo still enjoy a good frienship with part of the group too....

I didn't either, but that's because I'd stopped following Kpop closely by the time of their debut (my era is more second generation).  But a friend of mine who was following Kpop at that time knew of Uniq.  Also, like I mentioned, Uniq's overall progress was stunted by the breakdown in China-S.Korea relations back then and that's a reason why I believe they weren't more well.  For a group that's not from a Big 3, it can take a while to gain traction and from what I've read since, it sounds like they were just starting to gain attention when things came to a standstill. 

It does look like Yibo is still on good terms with his Uniq members and I hope that's true and will always be so, but it can't be denied either that it must be awkward for them at times too.  For example, there was that one episode of Sing and Spin where Yibo was invited as a guest and Yi Xuan was participating as a contestant and the audience didn't vote him through!  That was incredibly awkward and Yibo was so upset as he kept asking, "Why?"  Honestly, I give Yi Xuan a lot of props as he has gone from being captain of Uniq to Yibo's second fiddle on variety shows, but he always does it with good cheer, humor, and a positive attitude.  I really liked their shared moments this past year when Yi Xuan was participating in that male idol group through DDU.

2 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

if im not wrong i think was it Fei or Jia that join the Sister Variety show and enjoy a pretty much huge success however there were antis calling her 'outdated' that was very bad of them.....

Both of them were on the show and it had been expected that both, with all their girl group experience, would make it to the end.  But Fei was eliminated at one point, which resulted in Jia having a very emotional breakdown as she kept asking why, and then in a twist, Fei and several others were brought back for a second chance and in the end, it was Fei who made it to the end while Jia was eliminated. 

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

One of his groupmate (Woodz, I think his name is Seung Youn) is actually doing pretty good in Korea, not extremely well known but he is still putting out music.

Seung Youn was unfortunately a victim of the whole Produce x 101 scandal so despite the popularity he'd gained through that show, the continued opportunities he would've been afforded through that group frittered away once the group had to disband shortly after their formation.  It remains to see whether he'll be able to keep that momentum going, but my fingers are crossed for him -- and all the Uniq members, especially Yibo.  :)

• Like 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

It does look like Yibo is still on good terms with his Uniq members and I hope that's true and will always be so, but it can't be denied either that it must be awkward for them at times too.  For example, there was that one episode of Sing and Spin where Yibo was invited as a guest and Yi Xuan was participating as a contestant and the audience didn't vote him through!  That was incredibly awkward and Yibo was so upset as he kept asking, "Why?"  Honestly, I give Yi Xuan a lot of props as he has gone from being captain of Uniq to Yibo's second fiddle on variety shows, but he always does it with good cheer, humor, and a positive attitude.  I really liked their shared moments this past year when Yi Xuan was participating in that male idol group through DDU.

is that the guy that appear in an episodes on 'Day Day Up' where they were doing this selection of 'Brother' where YiBo is the judge something like that???

also i remember how they were talking about the times they were sharing dorm too right?

3 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

is that the guy that appear in an episodes on 'Day Day Up' where they were doing this selection of 'Brother' where YiBo is the judge something like that???

also i remember how they were talking about the times they were sharing dorm too right?

Yep! 

Also, I just realized I got the women's names backwards -- it was Jia who was eliminated initially but ended up making it to the end of Sister Who Makes Waves while Fei was ultimately eliminated.  Typing too quickly earlier.  Sorry for the confusion!

Edited by themarchioness
  • Haha 1

My Fanfics

19 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Yep! 

Also, I just realized I got the women's names backwards -- it was Jia who was eliminated initially but ended up making it to the end of Sister Who Makes Waves while Fei was ultimately eliminated.  Typing too quickly earlier.  Sorry for the confusion!

no problem....i remember that Fei was out....though i didnt know that Jia was in the show too....

i love how they actually share some of their times during their dorm days....and it was YiXuan who snores right? and how YiBo wake him up to stop him snoring right? lols

• 4 weeks later...