O gosh... I just watched the preview for next episode. SY finally met the real RMS and she is rather hostile, asking him to pretend nothing happened and go back quietly... Helloooo... this is the real deal, the one who actually has blood relation with you... While I don't expect the same treatment (because initial excitement and hospitality could wear off or used up already) I certainly never expected such a 180 degree treatment. Why is this character SY written so poorly?? #pullinghair... Seriously, I believe this is the first drama where I cannot find reasons to root for the protagonist ML and FL at all, separately or together. Why am I still watching this??

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Jae Hoon's character does not garner enough sympathy from the audience.

He annoys me so much, not even the second lead does when he probably is supposed to lol. 

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

When she was asking that, I kept thinking in my mind, you're out with someone's husband!

I was like shut uuuup ,why are you asking that.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Seriously, I believe this is the first drama where I cannot find reasons to root for the protagonist ML and FL at all, separately or together.

Seriously, like everyone is more likeable and entertaining than those two. Yoonhee is a much more interesting and endearing character as the FL and the sister in law is also loveable as is their friendship, Segyu has the least scenes out of everyone yet is my favorite and his relationship and interactions with his grandma are also the most enjoyable out of the siblings, real Moonsung is much more sympathetic than the ML and easy to root for. Meanwhile Jaeheon is just annoying and Seyeon so dull, so boring idk why her ex wants her so bad, makes me want to root for Sejun with the whole hotel thing.

Jaehon being mad over the marriage knews made me cringe so much, like boy what even is your relationship that you feel like you have the right to go and complain to her about it. The scene between Yoonhee and Segyu was kinda surprising, girl maybe it's time to look somewhere else lol :smug:

I felt my skin crawl during the confession scene, I hate it so much.

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Why am I still watching this??

God only knows.

Edited by goemul
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
5 hours ago, goemul said:

Jaehon being mad over the marriage knews made me cringe so much

Him having feelings and being mad/possessive, being attracted to SY, I can still understand and accept. Because he knew the actual nature of their relationship (him not married, no blood relation with her) But for SY to allow herself be attracted to a cousin who is married? I have big problem with that. Although the drama made it seems that she didn’t really care about him, as in going into marriage with DJ, their earlier scenes were done too “intimately” for a long-lost cousin relationship. We see in the preview that she is starting to consider after his confession. 

5 hours ago, goemul said:

The scene between Yoonhee and Segyu was kinda surprising, girl maybe it's time to look somewhere else lol 

Yes! I was thinking the same, hahaha....

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

curtain-call-thumbnail-1-101222-1.jpg

Ten Asia Top Ten Artists

Written by Reporter Yu Jeong Min Ten Asia

p1065574193642068-932-thum.jpg

Park Se Joon and Ri Moon Seung begin full-fledged cooperation.

In the KBS2 drama 'Curtain Call', which aired on the 13th, Park Se Jun (played by Ji Seung Hyun) and Ri Moon Seung (played by Steven Noh Sang Hyun) to keep in the grasp to sell Nakwon Hotel.

When things didn't go according to his plan, Park Se Joon met Ri Mun Seong and said, "I'm going to sell that hotel." He stated his final goal.

In addition, Ri Moon Seung expressed his hatred for Nakwon Hotel by adding that if he received a stake, he would buy it at a high price, so he would sell it to himself.

Also, Park Se Joon said, "I get what I want, and you get the money." He added that they had different ultimate goals, but the goal was the same.

Currently, Park Se Joon's plan, which has been done only behind the scenes, is revealed in earnest, and attention is focused on whether he will be able to succeed in selling Nakwon Hotel.

Meanwhile, Curtain Call airs every Monday and Tuesday at 9:50 PM.

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

photo1598130.jpg

By My Daily Correspondent Kwak Myeong Dong

202212161050458658-1.jpg

[Photo courtesy = behind-the-scenes making video capture from episodes 11 and 12]

'Curtain Call' behind-the-scenes of Yoo Jae Heon's shy confession to Park Se Yeon was revealed.

KBS 2TV's Monday-Tuesday drama 'Curtain Call' (directed by Yoon Sang Ho/script written by Cho Sung Geol/production Victory Contents) in 11th and 12th behind-the-scenes making video have been uploaded. The confession ending scene that exploded the excitement index to viewers. The scene where Yoo Jae Heon shyly confessed to Park Se Yeon on a night when the starlight and even the air was moist gave off a calm atmosphere on set.

Actor Kang Ha Neul and actress Ha Ji Won created perfect sweet scene that calmly captures detailed emotions through repeated filming.

The popular drama 'Curtain Call' is broadcast every Monday and Tuesday at 9:50 pm on KBS 2TV.

'tap'

'source'

http://m.mydaily.co.kr/new/index.php

• Like 3

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Written by Reporter Kim Na Young

0000912862-001-20221218123101457.jpg

Victory Contents

'Curtain Call' Park Se Gyu finally reunites with his younger cousin Ri Moon Sung.

In the KBS 2TV Monday-Tuesday drama 'Curtain Call' (directed by Yoon Sang Ho/written by Cho Sung Geol/production Victory Contents), which airs every Monday and Tuesday at 9:50 p.m the whole secret play for Grandma Geum Soon (Go Doo Shim) was revealed.

Among them, Park Se Gyu (played by Choi Dae Hoon) also learns the identity of his real cousin Ri Moon Sung (played by Steven Noh Sang Hyun)

'click'

'source'

http://m.mksports.co.kr/entertainment/

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3

Eps 13 and I think this is the episode that pains me the most. I cannot believe that SY has asked the real RMS to disappear. She is no better than her older brother SeJun because she is just as heartless. Instead of giving a chance to the real RMS to state his intentions , she jumps to conclusion that he is just here for the $$. She suddenly came across as an entitled person who grew up lacking nothing ( yes, quoting Se Jun here) , and not realising the hardship that RMS and his father experienced can never be compensated by money.

What made me even angrier was that they spend precious minutes still trying to build the unnecessary romance using the situation where the fake grandson was building fake memories with grandma. That whole trip was just so unnecessary at this point. And all those flashbacks of grandma and her first husband is not doing anything to add value to this show.  So is this drama really going the route where the real RMS never gets the opportunity to say goodbye to his grandma and have closure for his father's death? 

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

47 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

😔 I think I’m just going to wait for written recaps. Even my love for each one of the cast, all added up, is not enough to make me want to continue watching. Feel like a waste of my time when there are other worthwhile dramas. 

If you don't have time, this show is not worth prioritizing. I had to watch some scenes on FF. It is really my love for the cast that has kept me here. And I just want to know what happens to the real RMS. 

• Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

photo1598458.jpg

actress Jung Ji So sang her heart out in the "We Were" live clip for KBS2's drama 'Curtain Call' OST. Flex M released a live clip for her. in the clip, Jung Ji So expressed melancholy as she sang of an unfulfilled love, heightening the immersion of the viewers of 'Curtain Call' as Jung Ji So currently stars in this drama.

Spoiler

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

스타뉴스

Content Writing Reporter Choi Hye Jin

BBSIMAGE-20221221080054-436194cc974bf673

On the 14th episode of KBS2's 'Curtain Call', which aired yesterday on the 20th,  Geum Soon (Go Doo Shim), who collapsed fell into a coma after Jung Sang Cheol (Seong Dong Il) who brought actor Yoo Jae Heon (played by Kang Ha Neul) as a fake grandson to stage the play for her happy life, revealed all the truth and had a cold emotional confrontation with the family.

According to Nielsen Korea on the 21st, an audience rating research company, the 14th episode of KBS 2TV's 'Curtain Call' (script written Jo Seong Geol, directed by Sang Ho Yoon), which aired on the 20th, recorded an audience rating of 5.2% (hereinafter referred to as national standard). This is a 0.6% point increase from the 4.6% recorded in the last 13 episode.

After revealing all the facts, Seo Yoon Hee and Yoo Jae Heon, who bowed their heads, left the Geum Soon family. Housekeeper Jeong Suk comforted the lonely steps back to their place by expressing her gratitude, saying, "It's been a long time since the chairman was so happy after the two of them came." Park Se Yeon (played by Ha Ji Won), who had been reliably defending Hotel Paradise, was also heartbroken at the thought that she had done nothing. She then left Hotel Nakwon and came to say farewell to Yoo Jae Heon, whom she unknowingly came to rely on. The same concern for Geum Soon's health is her fake grandson, Yoo Jae Heon. The two sat side by side and comforted each other while leaning on their hearts. Bae Dong Jae (played by Kwon Sang Woo) he was a starry-eyed the two of them from behind and the tension of the romance continued.

BBSIMAGE-20221221080040-4937048fa1060b02

BBSIMAGE-20221221080046-7097b10429eef805

KBS

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3

A strong chemistry was caught in the midst of an awkward romance flow between role play in 'Curtain Call' • video footage • stills cut

optimize.jpg

KBS 2TV 

source:

• Like 3

On 12/21/2022 at 4:27 AM, twink_twink_ said:

actress Jung Ji So sang her heart out in the "We Were" live clip for KBS2's drama 'Curtain Call' OST. Flex M released a live clip for her. in the clip, Jung Ji So expressed melancholy as she sang of an unfulfilled love, heightening the immersion of the viewers of 'Curtain Call' as Jung Ji So currently stars in this drama.

Been playing this OST a lot. She has nice voice. Now I remembered that she was in the same drama as Song Dong Il in The Cursed. Totally different character from here. Then I also realised she was the annoying  Deity in Doom at Your Service. I think she's really talented. I couldn't continue with The Cursed because certain things confused me. Will probably give it another try for her. Picture of them in that drama, putting in spoiler since it is unrelated to this thread.

Spoiler

AAAABa5LYxpq4rPsPM8leMjUvtDb8rhebQfdP8FI

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Sung-Dong-Il.jpg

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Been playing this OST a lot. She has nice voice. Now I remembered that she was in the same drama as Song Dong Il in The Cursed. Totally different character from here. Then I also realised she was the annoying  Deity in Doom at Your Service. I think she's really talented. I couldn't continue with The Cursed because certain things confused me. Will probably give it another try for her. Picture of them in that drama, putting in spoiler since it is unrelated to this thread.

it's a feel-good song. that's right. she has such an amazing tone. something euphonious sounds beautiful and pleasant. @ktcjdrama , thank you for recommending me. :pandahappy: wow.. this is cool, legend actor Sung Dong Il and actress Jung Ji So in 'The Cursed' drama. I may not have known they had a hand in creating. I'll need to check out their story. :pandapopcorn:  thank you once again.  :smile: 

• Like 3
  • Party! 1

12 hours ago, twink_twink_ said:

wow.. this is cool, legend actor Sung Dong Il and actress Jung Ji So in 'The Cursed' drama. I may not have known they had a hand in creating. I'll need to check out their story

Will that be a genre of drama that you would enjoy? Most people are too scared to watch though. There are a lot of shamanism in that one. Unnecessarily too much in my opinion that it kinda covered up the actual story/plot. 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

23 hours ago, goemul said:

I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the latest episodes, I started when it came out but the subs were off. The completionist in me doesn't want to drop it with only 4 episodes left but I kinda have a hard time to motivate myself.

Same here...it pains me to drop it so I did watch eps 14 :laugh:despite me cursing at how the plot is going.

So the story is that now grandma is in coma, and long story short everyone now knows that fake RMS & wifey are theater actors and so they had to leave. And on the very same day, SeJun decides to bring the real RMS back and they decide to talk about the hotel sale again. SJ also saying that RMS has decided to support him & Se Yeon telling RMS he should rethink this. I think I get why Jung Sang Cheol took things into his own hands to make grandma's last days as happy as possible. Because the grandkids , especially SeJun is just heartless. JSC did tell them all off. 

Poor Se Gyu feeling sad that he wasn't aware of this fake RMS thing when his siblings did. And poor Ji Won who felt so betrayed / dissappointed that the new sister-in-law she bonded so well with wasn't who she is ( this is one of my greatest regrets). As expected the real RMS is rather rough around the edges and has yet to warm up to anyone ( and no one is warming up to him either). But can we blame him, given all that he has gone through.

So now our fake couple goes back to their old life - but suddenly Jae Hoon decides that he wants to do a play and guess what the story is going to be about? Yes - this family, grandma, the hotel. What is his grand plan ? I have no idea. Is it because he felt bad ? God knows. And I tell you the funniest part - Se Gyu missed the fake RMS whom he got along fabulously with. So SG went to look for Jae Hoon and decides to be an actor. And he will act in this play about his family. ( He objected to playing himself ...so not sure who he will play)

And they are still trying to push the romance between the leads. Jae Hoon came to see SeYeon and comforted her over something. And poor Bae Dong Je (is he even still her fiance? ) saw her head on his shoulders. I don't think SY wants anything to do with JH but JH still has googly eyes for her.

Okay now if you think grandma is about to go ....well think again...her hands were twitching at the end of eps 14... :heiboi:...

• Haha 3