Have only finished ep.5.... I really do have mixed feelings about watching this. Mostly not feeling comfortable watching the noona paying so much attention and care for a long-lost brother with a wife. At least she should include the wife too. It’s like she has eyes only for the brother. It also seems like there are humor peppered here and there, so a bit confusing what genre the drama wants to be. Pretty certain I am staying for the cast for now. Let’s hope the story, and if there’s romance, will be more engaging. (Still shipping the fake couple 😅)

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

21 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Mostly not feeling comfortable watching the noona paying so much attention and care for a long-lost brother with a wife. At least she should include the wife too. It’s like she has eyes only for the brother.

Yup it's really bothering me. 

Caught up with the last episodes and I'm really not feeling the main leads relationship at all, I'm having a hard time to see why there would be romantic feelings developing between them. ML shouldn't be as careless as he is and get carried away so much, she is nice to him but what more is there to it, for the FL she believes he is married, is her cousin and treats him like her little brother while male lead does act a bit like a child when he is in disguise, not to forget that's basically not his real personality. I don't see the appeal for neither of them nor for me as a viewer to root for this relationship. 

His interactions with the SFL feel more natural and exciting tbh and in general I find every relationship in the show more endearing than the one between the leads.

Edited by goemul
  • Clapping Hands 3

KBS 2TV released a statement on 'Curtain Call' Episode 7 has been cancelled due to the FIFA World Cup Qatar live broadcast. Episode 7 will air on November, 22 at 9:50 pm.

• Like 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

This drama is a bit strange to me. It doesn't seem to have... purpose.

There is an old lady who went through hardships but is successful today.

She is yearning for her grandson left in NK.

She finds the grandson and can now die happy. 

Except... he is not her grandson. He is an actor hired by well-meaning PA.

Meanwhile, her real grandson is suffering in China.

He only needs CNY50K to leave China but he has no money!

He has last words from his father to tell his grandmother.

Will he make it in time?

Will he be a villian?

Meanwhile grandma may leave a stake in hotel to fake grandson 😲

And fake grandson is falling in love with granddaughter 🥰

But granddaughter cannot love him back because that would be... INCEST! 😨

But he is not real, so she can, but he lied!!! 🤣

So, in a normal drama, I should be rooting for the grandson. But WHICH ONE? 😵

I think I'm just going to avoid this writer in future hahaha.

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, Chocolate said:

She is yearning for her grandson left in NK.

She finds the grandson and can now die happy. 

Except... he is not her grandson. He is an actor hired by well-meaning PA

For a grandson fetched home to accompany a dying old lady, he spends so much more time with the noona. He is hardly by the grandma’s side. Does he really need to work at the hotel? No...! Do the couple really need to go traveling and see South Korea? No... 

I don’t mind a little bit of romance, but really, I was looking forward to more scenes between him and the grandma, because that will determine her reaction when the truth is revealed. Navirella can do a drama of bonding between a young man with a grandpa. It’s surely not that hard to do a long lost grandson interaction with a grandma. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Haha @ktcjdrama I was quite bewildered by that holiday trip too.

The problem is, no matter how much bonding he has with grandma, he is not real!

I can already envision the ending:

Real grandson appears while grandma is still alive.

Everyone gets upset for a while.

Fake grandson develops romance with noona.

So grandma gets another grandson and she dies happy.

This just feels totally meh. The focus should be on the grandson. But now we all feel more for the fake one than the real one 😂

• Clapping Hands 2
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

This just feels totally meh. The focus should be on the grandson. But now we all feel more for the fake one than the real one 😂

The only way they can save this show for me is to bring on the real grandson quickly. If not the storyline is gonna be so flat and I am cringing at all the scenes where these two "cousins" hold hands like 9 year old kids. I don't even hold my own brother's hands that way. This is like some sort of "faucest" (fake incest)  . LOL 

• Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

The problem is, no matter how much bonding he has with grandma, he is not real!

I actually don't mind grandma never finding out and dying thinking that she has found her grandson. But with the fake grandson wandering so much around the city, it's too easy for the act to be found out. Imagine the heartbreak and feeling of betrayal if grandma ever found out that she's been lied to. Then what's the point of this grand-scale acting... 

The focus should be on the grandson. But now we all feel more for the fake one than the real one

I feel that the focus should be on grandson-grandma interaction. Fake grandson based on the premise of the drama. But even now, I don't feel anything for the fake grandson. For me, there is nothing in his character/trait that is worth rooting for. And we're already in ep.6.

8 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am cringing at all the scenes where these two "cousins" hold hands like 9 year old kids. I don't even hold my own brother's hands that way. This is like some sort of "faucest" (fake incest)  . LOL 

O gosh! I was thinking about this too! I don't hold my own brother's hand like that too!! It's too much this drama... He's a grown man, for goodness sake. With a wife!

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

9 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I actually don't mind grandma never finding out and dying thinking that she has found her grandson.

Really? But if you put yourself in the grandma's shoes, would you feel at peace knowing your real grandson is struggling in life, especially when you have so much to offer?

Imagine the heartbreak and feeling of betrayal if grandma ever found out that she's been lied to.

Yes, there is going to be some of that. But the betrayal is by her loyal aide and the fake grandson, who is technically a stranger. But in exchange for that, she gets back her real grandson. Family. Her descendant with the man she loved who could not leave NK. I think that outweighs anything else.

Then what's the point of this grand-scale acting... 

Exactly!!! This drama has no PURPOSE! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Really? But if you put yourself in the grandma's shoes, would you feel at peace knowing your real grandson is struggling in life, especially when you have so much to offer?

Only if she never find out before she dies... That's the requirement. Or else, it's not just in vain, it's just going to sadden her so much more. 
The well-meaning PA should've just brought back the real grandson since he already found him anyway. Meet him first and find out more, instead of just believing the initial findings. But then, we won't have the drama, lol...

So I was initially hoping the drama goes the direction of grandma finding comfort in her last days, even through a stranger, because that stranger really played his part as the grandson and helped ease her pain of not meeting her grandson.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Yeah the focus should be on the relationship between the grandma and (fake)grandson I mean that's the whole reason he is here, that's why the "cousins" spending so much time together is even more annoying also the total disdain from Seyeon towards the wife who was visibly annoyed and almost zero effort to include her. FL feels like a robot at times with no social etiquette.

And yes the hand holding is just weird af.

I really hope the real grandson comes into the picture soon.

Edited by goemul
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Where do I begin? I really liked the show at first , but somehow I am not as intrigued now that we're almost mid-way . Think the main weakness of this show is the lack of character development for the main cast. I was hoping for so much more considering the actors that they have pulled in but right up till eps 7 , I don't find myself understanding anyone here (protagonist or antagonist characters) nor do I really care about anyone.

An example is the two siblings fighting for the shares in the hotel - I don't know if they just don't care but hello,  grandma is dying. And they are both more focused on who will have more voting power on their side so that their respective goals can be achieved. And there's Kwon Sang Woo's character. Why in every episode do they need to make him push the marriage agenda? There should be more layers to his character - at least that's what I am expecting given that SY invited him to the farewell party. And somehow Kang Haneul's character is also not particularly endearing. They show these flashbacks of his childhood and how he was abandoned. I am not sure how that adds to the show. 

In fact the only person I feel some sort of sympathy for is the real grandson who clearly had a hard life and is doing anything he can to come to the South. Ironic. 

• Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Yeah I feel like nothing much happened this episode, this whole him being sick was somehow so unnecessarily drawn out. Him getting included in the inheritance was a given and something everyone should've seen coming. I want to know why Yoonhee is hiding her background.

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

And there's Kwon Sang Woo's character. Why in every episode do they need to make him push the marriage agenda?

Srsly his only lines are like "We're going to marry" why is he like that, grandma telling him that Seyeon didn't want him tho, I'm wondering why she was with him then? 

Kang Haneuls character is actually way funnier when he is himself and not acting and again that's why I still prefer his interactions with the sfl.

Yoonhee and Segyu are still my favorites, I don't even care about the discourse between the other two siblings so another point to Segyu who just doesn't want anything to do with it lol.

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

At least in ep.7 we’re seeing a tinge of regret and them wanting to withdraw from the acting. They really should just pull themselves out from the family with whatever excuses. Surely grandma will understand. It’s like the 3 months left is a big deal, yet no one is taking it as a big deal. Agree with @abs-oluteM that all those to sell or not to sell can really wait until grandma is no more. Show some respect, big bro. She is the one who build it up to what it is today. 

At this point, I am just curious to see how they wrap this up. I read comments and reviews first before scrubbing through the episode. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif