Day Breaker 暗夜行者 [2022]

Day Breaker

English Title: Day Breaker

Chinese Title: 暗夜行者 (Lit: One who moves under the cover of darkness)

No. of Episodes: 24

Network: iQiyi

Broadcast Period: 22 May 2022 to 12 June 2022

Genre: Crime, police procedural, narcotics, romance

Cast:

Li Yifeng - Luo Xiang/Chen Mo

Song Yi - Su Qingzhu

Stephen Fung - Liao Yongjia

Gong Haibin - Yu Shenghai

Samuel Gu - Liang Long

Song Yixing - Zhang Xinyao

Guo Dongwen - Boss Lu

Wei Xiaoguang - Dai Wei

Synopsis:

Five years earlier, Luo Xiang (Li Yifeng), an undercover narcotics police officer is shot during a large scale operation that goes awry. To bide his time, he fakes his death and lives the life of a ne'er do well taxi driver Chen Mo with his daughter in Hua City. After a series of encounters, he is recruited by chief Liao Yongjia to go undercover as his old self, Luo Xiang and place himself back in the middle of an ongoing gang war involving a large shipment of illegal drugs. As if he hasn't got enough to deal with, he has to concern himself with the cop who tried to kill him and try to bury his feelings for former undercover partner Su Qingzhi (Song Yi).

Trailer:

• Like 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Luo Xiang got his tattoo removed just to get it tattooed again on him. :lmao2:

Li Yifeng is essentially playing three characters: Luo Xiang, Chen Mo, and Chen Mo pretending to be Luo Xiang. :BulbaConfused:

I'm up to episode 6 now. 

• Haha 1

@40somethingahjumma, how are you liking it so far? I feel like some parts are getting a bit redundant and I wished the pacing was a bit quicker in some parts. 

I really enjoyed the father/daughter conversation in episode 14 -- where A'Xi tells Luo Xiang that she just miss her dad. They are cute together and I hope we see more of their interactions. 

• Clapping Hands 1

@TofuI'm only up to Episode 12. Lots of distractions. It's the sort of show you really have to pay attention to. 

I don't mind it at all -- but it's causing me to have serious trust issues. Everyone has their own agenda and secrets. There are plenty of twists and turns so there's definitely an element of unpredictability.

A Xi is great. It's always a bonus to have a cute kid in the picture. It's still a mystery though where he picked her up from. She can't be his biological daughter surely. The landlady... I don't know why she's even in the show. I remember the actress from My Bargain Queen. Not likeable there and still not likeable here.

I particularly like Song Yi's character although she's not in it as much as I expected.

I didn't realise that Stephen Fung is a really famous HK director. 

• Like 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

This is me watching every episode ---> :BulbaConfused:

I don't know who is good or bad anymore. I have serious trust issues with every character. Haha! I am happy that the police officer who tried to save Yu Shenghai is a good cop. I was a little frustrated when Cai Zhiming told him that he was also a bad cop. I was beginning to lose hope in all humanity at this point. I'm glad Cai Zhiming was lying -- they really need someone who's good in this drama. 

On 6/4/2022 at 12:53 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

The landlady... I don't know why she's even in the show. I remember the actress from My Bargain Queen. Not likeable there and still not likeable here.

I'm not exactly sure what her role is besides maybe taking care of A'Xi for Luo Xiang? 

In-between the craziness of the entire drama, I absolutely love this father/daughter duo. :heart: