Gyeongseong Creature 경성 크리처 [S1 - 2023-2024][S2 - Upcoming]

Tofu

Gyeongseong Creature 경성 크리처

GC-01.jpg

Korean Title: Gyeongseong Creature / 경성 크리처
English Title: Gyeongseong Creature
Director: Jung Dong Yoon (Previous work: Hot Stove League)
Writer: Kang Eun Kyung (Previous work: Dr. Romantic 1&2, Where Stars Land)
Network: Netflix
Episodes: Season One (10 episodes), Season Two (TBA episodes)
Release Date: Season One - December 22nd, 2023 
English Subtitles: Netflix
Official Website

Synopsis

Set in 1945, in Gyeongseong (old name for Seoul), South Korea.

Jang Tae Sang (Park Seo Joon) is a wealthy man. He is know as the most attractive man around Bukchon in Gyeongseong. He is also a reliable source for information around the area. His talents, including ability to react quickly to situations, having a keen insight, and sociability, have led him to his current position. He gets soon gets involved with Yoon Chae Ok (Han So Hee), which leads him to reevaluate his priorities as a person.

Yoon Chae Ok is famous as a todugun (person who finds missing people). As a young child, she traveled between Manchuria and Shanghai, China with her father. Her life was not easy and she learned at that time how to survive. She developed skills with shooting guns, using knives and handling machines. Her mother went missing 10 years ago. To find her mother, Yoon Chae Ok arrives in Gyeongseong. There, she becomes involved with Jang Tae Sang. They follow a series of mysterious missing person cases and they come upon a terrible reality. (Credit)

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Party! 2

Cast.

da5620237b9fdc.jpg

Park Seo Joon as Jang Tae Sang

A wealthy man from Gyeongseong’s Bukchon Hanok Village with naturally keen insight, whose personable disposition has earned himself a reputation of being a well-known figure throughout the village. (Credit)

12AwQ-2f.jpg

Han So Hee as Yoon Chae Ok

Dedicated her life to searching for her missing mother, and is particularly skilled at working with various weapons as a result of her experience of surviving terrible situations. (Credit)

556.png

Wi Ha Joon as Kwon Joon Taek (Tae Sang's best friend)

• Like 3
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM Pssss, @Tofu is actually not in love with Seo Joon anymore. Hahahaha!

Hahaha! I still love PSJ, but my love is very dormant at this time. He needs to come back soon because if he doesn't, I'll forget all about him. :lmao2:

14 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Yes, WHJ is 2nd lead (and villain) against JCW. I wonder if this would cause a fan war between the two actors' stans.

Really? Why would this cause a fan war? :thinking:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, Tofu said:

Really? Why would this cause a fan war? 

Hahahaha fans can come up with anything to fight about. Like for instance, say if... just if WHJ's screen time is more than JCW or WHJ's character is better written than JCW... stuff like that. OR, if they are in a triangle relationship with FL.

Were you aware in Tomorrow, when the PC system was down in Zumadeng, the dead people were asked to write down their names and date of birth and one or two appear to be close to BTS's real name (different surname or something) and their birthdates? ARMY made a huge fuss about it as well as giving negative review on Google for Tomorrow. They wouldn't accept that it was a coincidence.

• Haha 3
16 hours ago, Tofu said:

I remember the BTS stuff! I can kind of understand because that's bad juju. 

Yeah I know except Korean names (original names not stage name) are quite common and in Hangul they can all be the same character. BTS member's real name wasn't the very unique kind as well so it may well be coincidental. If they use Hanja and it was exactly the same Hanja character as BTS then it is fishy. There's so many Kim Soo Hyun out there apart from the fame KSH we know of.

Even now in Blind, I belatedly realise they used the same name Sung Hoon and Sung Joon as in Duel. And again, the characters are "brothers". Does that mean the writer copy Duel? Hahaha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Even now in Blind, I belatedly realise they used the same name Sung Hoon and Sung Joon as in Duel. And again, the characters are "brothers". Does that mean the writer copy Duel? Hahaha!

This is about as close as @Chocolate is going to get to watching Duel. Hahaha!

• Haha 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 10/12/2022 at 2:53 PM, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM Pssss, @Tofu is actually not in love with Seo Joon anymore. Hahahaha!

Yes, WHJ is 2nd lead (and villain) against JCW. I wonder if this would cause a fan war between the two actors' stans.

On 10/13/2022 at 5:12 AM, Tofu said:

Really? Why would this cause a fan war? :thinking:

Interestingly we talked about this a year ago. :laugh:

Spoiler

Now that it is actually airing, there's no outright fan war but definitely there's bias in some of tweets and unspoken tension between JCW vs WHJ stans. More evident because of the romantic entanglement between  them and  Im SeMi's character. I consider myself a stronger WHJ fan but I do love JCW in this and he's doing marvelous.

• Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

• 4 weeks later...

@abs-oluteM Apparently, the first part will have 10 episodes and the second part will have 3 episodes. It makes no sense to me why it's split up this way. If the second part only has three episodes, they should just release it with the first part. Who knows, maybe when we get closer to the airing date, the way the episodes are split up might change. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1