Nothing But You 爱情而已 [2023]

Tofu

14 hours ago, Chocolate said:

It’s a teenage romance I think.

It won't end up being a romance movie. Haha! 

iQIYI and Tencent have different English Subs. I can't tell which one is better because they both make little sense in some scenes. I'll just continue watching on iQIYI for consistency and the sub is easier to read. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

It won't end up being a romance movie. Haha! 

Yeah it's not! The story is quite sad too (what's with his dad!). But some of those scenes are so cute!

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

iQIYI and Tencent have different English Subs. I can't tell which one is better because they both make little sense in some scenes. I'll just continue watching on iQIYI for consistency and the sub is easier to read.

I see 6 episodes on Viu too. If there are any important scenes that you need a better translation, just post it here and we'll explain.

I've done 3 ep last night, and likely the balance 3 during lunch later. While there's a whole ton of work waiting...

My first impression is, this is not my typical type of drama. So I am watching primarily because it is Wu Lei. That said, the first few episodes is background on the 2 leads.

Song Sanchuan's is not so pleasant. He works part-time to make extra money, his professional career is in the doldrums but he has a good heart. After watching the all powerful Ling Buyi who has everything and everyone at his command, it's like a little whiplash watching Wu Lei "suffer" in that sense. I keep wanting Sanchuan to scheme against his awful team mate haha. But Wu Lei is very versatile and believable in all the roles I have seen so far. I'm looking forward to how he succeeds and of course, all the cute romantic scenes between Sanchuan and You An.

Liang You An is relatable. She's very capable but as a result, her boss refuses to let her go and holds back her career. Then there is this man who asks her to consider uprooting herself to Singapore and marrying him, and he has never even bothered to date her! All just because his mental calculation computes her as good wife material, he "likes" her and thinks she likes him too. What a lazy ass!

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Oh my god! It's already out and you guys already watched this much?!

Waaaa @Chocolate is even watching Upcoming Summer! Maybe you should also check out "Adoring". It's an ensemble cast movie with many stories so Lei's screen time is not a lot but he and the actress in Upcoming Summer act together again. And Lei acts as a blind person. P.S. I watched his cuts on YouTube xDDDD

https://mydramalist.com/50413-adoring

So his badminton skills is more believable? LOL LOL

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2
48 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh my god! It's already out and you guys already watched this much?!

Waaaa @Chocolate is even watching Upcoming Summer! Maybe you should also check out "Adoring". It's an ensemble cast movie with many stories so Lei's screen time is not a lot but he and the actress in Upcoming Summer act together again. And Lei acts as a blind person. P.S. I watched his cuts on YouTube xDDDD

https://mydramalist.com/50413-adoring

So his badminton skills is more believable? LOL LOL

But but but, one of the best things about Wu Lei is his eyes - what are we watching if he is blind 🤣 Haha, I'm going to check out Cross Fire next.

His badminton skills are believable. But he is still too skinny 🤣

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 2
15 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate Hahahaha! You watch this and you tell me... xDDD His eyes are not covered so you can still admire the beautiful eyes. LOL

Ok, I can only take so many soppy stories, even for Wu Lei 😂 And he cannot looking adoringly at the girl/woman when he is blind!

17 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Ep1 - I honestly did not get why he was made to wear pink and wear the rabbit headband!

I tried not to think about it lol

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Ok, I can only take so many soppy stories, even for Wu Lei 😂 And he cannot looking adoringly at the girl/woman when he is blind!

His story is not soppy.

Gosh, what happened to You An and her boss make me sad and angry. It is definitely relatable and reminds me of my boss and her boss.

:KittyGun::pandarage: Gah, the never ending empty promises!

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Finally I got to see the badminton scene. Sigh, first of all, the first scene of the singles where Lei win first point, the angle of the shuttlecock flying over to the opponent is wrong. Too flat so doesnt match the motion Lei was making. Secondly, the sound of the shuttles being hit is too fake. Some shots are soft return, so the sound wouldn't be as loud as a smash or drive.

It's better than Love All Play however the editing is bad. You can tell, both are not pro players. Hahaha 😅

Hahaha I'm sorry I'm picky. It's a sport I'm familiar with. Hopefully he'll be better in tennis 😅

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Finally I got to see the badminton scene. Sigh, first of all, the first scene of the singles where Lei win first point, the angle of the shuttlecock flying over to the opponent is wrong. Too flat so doesnt match the motion Lei was making. Secondly, the sound of the shuttles being hit is too fake. Some shots are soft return, so the sound wouldn't be as loud as a smash or drive.

It's better than Love All Play however the editing is bad. You can tell, both are not pro players. Hahaha 😅

Hahaha I'm sorry I'm picky. It's a sport I'm familiar with. Hopefully he'll be better in tennis 😅

Hahahah! Are you a badminton player?

This drama makes me want to go exercise lol.

• Haha 3

I caught just only one episode last night just to see how the chemistry was since this is gonna be a "noona romance" ...was pretty good. Like the leads so far and both from working class backgrounds. I don't like her boss the very moment he decided to hold her promotion back . But many bosses are like this. 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

22 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Hahahah! Are you a badminton player?

Used to play.

---

I only managed to watch 2 episodes last night. Tonight was too preoccupied with work after work so I'll play catch up on the weekend maybe since tomorrow I'll dedicate time to Call It Love instead. Haha.

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I'll dedicate time to Call It Love instead.

Wednesdays are always dedicated to Call It Love, sorry Wu Lei. :laugh:

I like the drama so far, but I do wonder when it's going to get to the point where he starts playing tennis. We are about eight episodes in already and he recently just retired from badminton. I do like the dynamic between the two leads. It's been a while since I've seen Zhou Yutong in a drama I like. When she was calling her assistant's name (You You), I couldn't help but think about her son in her previous drama. His name was You You too. 

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Tofu said:

I spoke too soon. It seems like the tennis club will begin to start now.

Yes. Ep 9 and 10 shows YA starting her new job at the tennis centre. She needed to boost the morale and competitive spirit of the members, and recruited SC as court assistant to inspire them (salary only RMB6000/mth, don't know how he survives). YA's ex-boss son plays at the club and is so arrogant. But the other members start to take to SC and help him learn the game. No mushy things in these 2 episodes 😆.

But obviously there will be some later 🤣 He's a big boy now... (needs to lower his butt lol)

But then there is this 🤣

So, experienced or not? 🤪

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 2

@abs-oluteM I will have to pass this. Just like @Chocolate said, WuLei looks overly green for ZYT....:PsyWhat:  Never a fan of JieJie's romance.....:HaunterOK:@Tofu Parakeets acted as his stand in TLB and it scarred me for life but at least he did decently in LLTG...:BulbaOWO: Based upon some leaked snippets, he will have some steamy scenes IF the censor god doesn't let it scatter on the editing room floor.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Haha 2