Nothing But You 爱情而已 [2023]

Tofu

For the love of Lei Lei , I finished this show :Party01:. The final arc I suppose was realistic given the sports theme of the show. But for the first time I didn't agree with SSC signing the YS endorsement contract on his own accord. I don't know how it works in China but he's owned by the club since he is a sponsored player , and he really should have left that decision making to LYA. While I know he was hoping to help solve the immediate financial problems, it caused more issues later. In a sense his lack of real world experience here shows. LYA had to end up undoing the contract, and fortunately it ended up in his favour since he got to train in Spain. 

Anyway, the finale was fine. Everyone had their happy ending and all things wrapped up nicely. Personally didn't mind the romance of the main leads and they do have chemistry . But actually ended up liking JiaoJian and LiangTao uncomplicated and live for the moment relationship a tad bit more.   Anyway I do think that WuLei has been doing well choosing versatile roles and I will await his next project. Zhao YuTong is also a very natural actress and I think it helped I like her pairing with WL here. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

• 3 weeks later...

Starting from ep 9, the story becomes more exciting again, so I continue watching this. It was frustratring for previous episodes back but now it becomes better. I thought it wpuld be all about badminton through out 30+ episodes, but surprisingly it tells another journey in tennis land. And it feels like the two heal through the sport and the work they do here. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • 3 weeks later...

This show reminds me a little of Racket Boys and a touch of Hot Stove League.

Romance is really a minor part of it. The leads have good chemistry but the noona romance is not really needed.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2023 at 9:10 PM, Mizv said:

I’m very weird.  Have this sitting on my to watch list.  I’m afraid to start and be disappointed….need encouragement to be brave and click go

It isn’t so bad a drama . And it has an interesting Noona romance arc . Though  the chemistry is decent , it isn’t jumping at you . The romance isn’t exactly the strongest point of this show but I l didn’t mind it . I know Love Like The Galaxy left such a lasting impression that when most people watch this , it feels a bit “anti-climactic “ . But Wu Lei has lovely arms & legs being shown here & a decent growth arc. If that helps 😂

• Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am