Meet Yourself 去有风的地方 [2023]

Tofu

Meet Yourself 去有风的地方

008r-RYDZly1h9ls27pbl8j326r3kmkjq.jpg

Chinese Title: Qu You Feng De Di Fang / 去有风的地方
English Title: Windy Place / Meet Yourself
Director: Ding Zi Guang (Previous work: Go Ahead)
Screenwriter: Shui Qian Mo and Wang Xiong Cheng (Both previously worked on Go Ahead)
Genre: Romance
Episodes: 40
Broadcasting Network: MangoTV
Airing Date: January 3rd, 2023

Synopsis

Because of the death of her best friend, Xu Hong Dou's life and work fell into a slump. She went to the "windy courtyard" in Yun Miao Village, Dali, to rest alone. There she meets Xie Zhi Yao, a local who quit his high-paying job and returned to his hometown to start a business, and a group of peers from big cities. Xie Zhi Yao began to see Xu Hong Dou's kindness and seriousness, and invited her to use her years of experience in the hotel industry to help local employees improve their service awareness and help develop Yun Miao Village's cultural tourism business. At the same time, Xu Hong Dou was moved by Xie Zhi Yao's ideal of building a hometown so that the villagers could be strong and useful, and the two fell in love with each other and finally came together. As they all worked together they re-examined their pasts, helped and inspired each other, started to heal and gained the strength to start again in this "windy place". (Credit)

Official Websites 
Baidu | Weibo | Douban

• Like 1

Cast.

008r-RYDZly1h9naigw1bwj32p81suu0z.jpg

Liu Yi Fei as Xu Hong Dou

008r-RYDZly1h9lubt7w32j33r62i77wl.jpg

Li Xian as Xie Zhi Yao

Spoiler

Hu Bing Qing as Nana

Niu Jun Feng as Hu Youyu

Supporting Cast

Wu Yan Shu as Granny Xie

Dong Qing as Xie Xiaochun

Fan Shuai Qi as Huang Xinxin

Ma Meng Wei as Zhou Qingtian

Zhao Zi Qi as Bai Wanjun

Ma Bo Quan as Xie Zhiyuan

Yang Kun as Aunt A Gui

Ai Li Ya as Aunt Feng

Cui Yi as Liu Guiqin

Fu Jia as Xie Heshun

Jiao Gang as Xie Siping

Zhang Lei as Yang Deqing

Hao Wen Ting as Shen Xiaomei

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Tofu said:

@SilverMoonTea Yay! I'm glad you're watching. I'm going to watch it too, but the subs are coming out slower than most c-dramas. With 40 episodes, I think I'm going to wait just a bit more to start. 

@NiteWalker It's from the Go Ahead writers and director so it might be good. Will you watch? 

i watch the trailer and can i say im not interested? lols

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...

This show is sooooo good. 2 episodes in and I love everything about it especially Li Xian's character. 

This is what I wanted Hometown Cha Cha Cha to be. Li Xian's character seems to be the equivalent of Chief Hong.

@Tofu @abs-oluteM @NiteWalker

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

This show really needs to be watched by far more people than it is. The chemistry between the leads is just absolutely on the money. But this is a character-driven story done well. Cute kids, cantankerous but adorable old ladies, a self-deprecating male lead that's an understated superhero.

Of all the things I've watched in the Dec-Jan period this one to my mind is the best. It's a delightful combination of My LIberation Notes and HomeCha without any of the meanness of HomeCha. The characters here are quirky without being unlikeable. There's definitely a very talented writer behind this.

Glad you're watching it @ssteph You won't regret it. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

7 hours ago, Tofu said:

@40somethingahjumma I've started! I like Li Xian's character a lot in this. The last time I saw him was in GGS and I disliked his character there. 

He was one of the few good things about Go Go Squid for me. :D But he is absolutely gorgeous here. He's a one-man show here almost. Always looking for business opportunities and ways to support the people in his village. His dynamic with his grandmother is one of the highlights of the show. I love his grandmother so much. Reminds me of my paternal grandmother who raised me and my siblings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

On 1/21/2023 at 7:30 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

a self-deprecating male lead that's an understated superhero.

Love this description of him 🥰

I know about this from @SilverMoonTea and started watching without any expectations, but fell in love-love-love with this drama. Really made me want to visit Dali, Yunnan. For those who watched Rattan, that was shot in Dali as well. I am now at ep.34. They just dropped everything till the finale today!! It was only up till ep.31 yesterday. 

• Heart Eyes 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Love this description of him 🥰

I know about this from @SilverMoonTea and started watching without any expectations, but fell in love-love-love with this drama. Really made me want to visit Dali, Yunnan. For those who watched Rattan, that was shot in Dali as well. I am now at ep.34. They just dropped everything till the finale today!! It was only up till ep.31 yesterday. 

Yes. I was saying elsewhere that those early episodes felt like an ad campaign for the Yunnan province tourist promotion authority. :D If I had the dough, I'd be on the first plane to that part of the world. 

I'm way behind. At Episode 13. Still trying to cobble together a first impressions post. :P It's such a great low conflict show. It just goes to show that you don't need a lot of drama and conflict to make a tv show work.

• Heart Eyes 3

I kept crying watching this drama... Probably because I can relate a lot with the characters and also was very touched by Yao's love and care for Doudou. When she opened up to him about her best friend and also when Yao running around after he found out she's hospitalized for fever. 

The show has the best OST too. It's so beautiful and suitable with all the sad and romantic scenes. 

@sstephSo the knight in the white horse (literally) managed to bring you here? I was surprised to see you watching C drama. Glad you like it. 

@40somethingahjummaI guess I'm not surprise you like this? As we both also love slice life Ordinary Greatness before. I think c dramaland now have great content with quality recently. 

@ktcjdramaYes, we just watching it casually but ended up loving this. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@sstephSo the knight in the white horse (literally) managed to bring you here? I was surprised to see you watching C drama. Glad you like it. 

No. I only teased you in oppa tracker thread because you considered adopting Li Xian as your oppa 😂

I like When the Weather is Fine. I think I'll like dramas similar to it. Slow, healing, village, books 💕

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@SilverMoonTea It's a bit like Summer Strike and Hometown CCC mixed. These hometown dramas are some of my favorites. 

@ktcjdrama I know! I noticed it was shot in the same place as Rattan too. I want to go see this place now. It's so beautiful!

I am on episode 5 so far. This will probably be a slower watch for me, because of how busy work has been for me. Nevertheless, I look forward to watching each episode when I have the time! 

• Heart Eyes 2