The Love You Give Me 你给我的喜欢 [2023]

Tofu

The Love You Give Me 你给我的喜欢

20230420-230413.jpg

Chinese Title: Ni Gei Wo De Xi Huan / 你给我的喜欢
English Title: The Love You Give Me
Novel: Ni Gei Wo De Xi Huan by Shi Ding Rou
Director: Ding Ying Zhou (Previous work: The Autumn Ballad and You Are My Destiny)
Screenwriter: Guo Shuang (Previous work: Remembrance of Things Past)
Genre: Romance
Episodes: 28
Broadcasting Network: TencentVideo
Airing Date: April 24th, 2023

Synopsis

What Min Hui wanted to do most was to destroy herself, and what Su Tian wanted to do most was to see Xin Qi, but none of their wishes came true. Two girls who had never met each other, but they are connected. Even Min Hui didn't say a word, but Su Tian can immediately knows what was on her mind and she decided to sacrifice her life for Min Hui. In order to make up for the debt in her heart, Min Hui decides to replace Su Tian to meet Xin Qi, but unexpectedly falls into an awkward relationship. She decided to fulfill Su Tian's wish no matter what, but the price was a brand new life. (Credit)

Official Websites 
Baidu | Weibo | Douban

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

I managed to watch the 1st episode and I am hooked.  In some ways their characters feel like Once We Get Married 2.0 :laugh: but I am not complaining as their chemistry makes up for it all. The drama starts off a bit angsty since it seems they parted on bad terms 5 years ago, and now her company's project has been put on hold since Xin Qi is all out for "revenge" . A lot of misunderstandings but it does mean plenty of screen time for them. The kid they chose is super cute and looks like him. Good casting. I don't know what  went wrong 5 years ago , but I think when she first met him, she was going in place of her friend. I think she may have deceived him on her true identity. 

The pace is really fast - seems like he will find out the kid is his very soon and will move in with them. That will be fun :D

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I managed to watch the 1st episode and I am hooked.  In some ways their characters feel like Once We Get Married 2.0 :laugh: but I am not complaining as their chemistry makes up for it all. The drama starts off a bit angsty since it seems they parted on bad terms 5 years ago, and now her company's project has been put on hold since Xin Qi is all out for "revenge" . A lot of misunderstandings but it does mean plenty of screen time for them. The kid they chose is super cute and looks like him. Good casting. I don't know what  went wrong 5 years ago , but I think when she first met him, she was going in place of her friend. I think she may have deceived him on her true identity. 

The pace is really fast - seems like he will find out the kid is his very soon and will move in with them. That will be fun :D

It looks like they explained it bit by bit by the end of the episode. I cant for today's episodes

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I'm already done with all four episodes. They were easy to watch and loved the chemistry between the leads, as always. 

He finds out in episode 5 that he has a son!! :CharmanderYay:

This preview makes me so happy for them. 

I love that the child actor looks like the ML too! 

• Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

First ep hooked me hard and now I've watched all four episodes and the trailers for Eps 5-10.... and now what?!  LOL.

The drama is full of tropes, but they're all the tropes I adore - and most importantly, they're presented in a fun and fresh way.  Every time the ML kept messing with the FL, delaying their meeting and stuff like that, when she had more important things -- like being by her son's side for his surgery -- I kept thinking, "I can't wait for him to find out the real truth.  He's gonna feel sooooooo bad and pay hard for regret."  Haha.  I love those kinds of set-ups!  And I really can't wait for him to find out (soon!!!) that her son is his son.  It's going to be so fun, so full of hijinks.

As you can see, this drama makes me giddy -- it's like a burst of sunshine in my day.  :love:

• Clapping Hands 2

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

13 hours ago, Tofu said:

He finds out in episode 5 that he has a son!! :CharmanderYay:

He found out in quite a dramatic fashion but I am glad that he did. There was this moment in eps 5 when he was looking at all his son's baby photos and he was just so happy. In some ways, I think Min Hui somewhat shortchanged both father & son of those precious times together. It's clear there's more to their history, and I can somewhat understand why MH would have decided to have the baby without telling him, but going forward he does have a right to being in Quan Quan's life. 

12 hours ago, themarchioness said:

The drama is full of tropes, but they're all the tropes I adore - and most importantly, they're presented in a fun and fresh way. 

Yes .. completely tropey but so enjoyable. The leads have such a good natural chemistry ( already proven their previous drama) that I can take any sort of cheesy scenario . Their scenes are the best ...also the kid they chose is adorable and make all the father-son scenes so sweet.

15 hours ago, Yana said:

It looks like they explained it bit by bit by the end of the episode. I cant for today's episodes

Quite interesting how they tell us their past. Though at this point I am a bit confused with when he finds out that she is Su Tian. Has to be after they had been together? 

• Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

18 hours ago, themarchioness said:

As you can see, this drama makes me giddy -- it's like a burst of sunshine in my day.

I agreed! It makes me so happy to watch this drama too. Everything is just so cute with QQ. He is adorable and I love the bonding moments he's having with his dad. 

5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Has to be after they had been together? 

It seems like he finds out after, but at the same time it doesn't too. I'm sure we will find out more and more about their past with each episode. 

At the end of the day, regardless of what happened five years ago, they both have unresolved feelings for each other. 

Confession -- I am kind of skipping the storyline with MH's colleague and the young man she's seeing. They don't really interest me much. However, I'm a bit intrigued by the ballerina and the doctor.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
2 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Aren't these two in the same drama before this? Is this a sequel or another story with them?

Yes, they in once we get married before. for me this drama is another story with them but most people said this is some sort "continuation" from previous drama.  :laugh:

The boy quanquan really look like xin qi:smug:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

He found out in quite a dramatic fashion but I am glad that he did.

I loved the moment of reveal - it was well done!  I also loved how moments later he was all, "Right, you're not a father, so you wouldn't understand," towards his assistant.  Hahaha!  The humor of this show.  It's totally my jam.

11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Quite interesting how they tell us their past. Though at this point I am a bit confused with when he finds out that she is Su Tian. Has to be after they had been together? 

It would appear so.  In MH's drunk scene, she very frustratingly reminds that she did tell him she wasn't Su Tian and indeed, we see that she did except that he then passed out and then when he woke up, he had rationalized it all for himself by telling her that she must be MH because her adoptive parents changed her name.  It's like he didn't want to believe or hear what she'd said earlier, and out of concern for his health, she didn't press the point - she just wanted him to get better, so he'd get the surgery he needed. 

I can also see, though, at a certain point where if she was growing feelings towards him, she wouldn't want to tell him the truth because she'd be afraid of his reaction.  And I can also imagine how she would've felt conflicted and guilty over those selfish, but very human, feelings.  There's a lot of heavy, conflicting emotions and we can't blame MH for them because, indeed, I'm all but certain that all the anger he has towards her is because he did eventually learn she was not Su Tian and then blamed her for faking being her friend just to approach him.  But MH's not that kind of a person, we know that's not how things really happened, and when he has his wake-up moment, he'll realize he had a part to play in the "deceptions" of the past and feel bad.  He has a lot to feel bad about when it comes to all his misunderstandings towards MH, and I can't wait for him to figure it all out and make up for them. 

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

At the end of the day, regardless of what happened five years ago, they both have unresolved feelings for each other.

100%.  I love that sparkling tension between the leads!  It's like the saying goes - there's a thin line between love and hate! 

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

Confession -- I am kind of skipping the storyline with MH's colleague and the young man she's seeing. They don't really interest me much. However, I'm a bit intrigued by the ballerina and the doctor.

Haha. Whenever I see MH's colleague I can't help but think of how she played the annoying girl in Love O2O.  I hated her so much in that drama, but she's so delightful here - and now that she's not being a sneering snob all the time, I find her beautiful.  As for the swimmer guy, I actually can't wait for him to connect with the leads and for them all to figure out he's Su Tian's younger brother. How will that impact the storyline?  I also chuckled in Ep 6 when we learned more about the ballerina because after Ep 5, I'd just asked my friend -- do we think the ballerina will be connected to the characters in any way, or is she just the random person the drama had to bring in to give the doctor his own pairing (so he'll get over his heartbreak when he finally realizes he and the FL are not meant to be).  And then literally, one episode later, we learn she's his senior colleague's daughter.  Haha, fancy that!  As always with these dramas, small world where everyone is connected! 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

@themarchioness I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person who connects actors/actresses to their characters in other dramas that I've either liked or disliked. Haha! 

The male director at their company should lose his job because of sexual harassment. Everyone in their company knows he harasses people, so I don't know why he still has a job. Harassment at a workplace especially sexual harassment can be traumatizing. I like that Xin Qi put him in his place, but I don't think that's enough. He'll still continue to harass people. 

When Min Hui and Xin Qi are not at each other's throat, the conversations they've had about Quan Quan have been really endearing. Xin Qi expressing how grateful he is for her that he has someone to call home showed that he thought about it a lot. I'm sure he also loved hearing that she had no regrets for having Quan Quan despite knowing he was going to be born with a heart condition. 

Xin Qi says they cannot eat the food Zhou Ruji brought, but behind the scene, they're all eating it. LOL! 

This preview -- the person who kissed him is probably Quan Quan's Nai Nai (Xin Qi's adopted mother) seeing that she knows about them.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

I am actually not watching much of the other love lines ...I am definitely abusing the FF button there :D. But our leads and Quan Quan scenes - I adore! They got such an expressive kid to play the precocious  Quan Quan. Have to thank QQ for being his parents' matchmaker. That bedtime story scene was so funny especially the next morning when QQ caught his mum faking sleep. Anyway I am glad that Daddy Zhou has a new suitor - I am feeling jealous on behalf of Xin Qi. I can imagine how XQ must feel to have his son call someone else father. 

But I do wonder what the sexual harassment laws are in China. That Ding fella has crossed way too many lines. But even though Min Hui tries to get back at him , it isn't enough though. 

For once , I wish there were episodes every day :D . We have to wait till next week to see these?

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

QuanQuan playing matchmaker is so cute. He is adorable even in the behind the scenes. I loved the amusement park scenes. The family had so much fun just bonding with each other. :heart:

Zhou Ruji gave Min Hui a pair of heels which is not a good sign. Only give people shoes if you want them to run away from you. I hope he starts to like the fellow doctor's daughter soon. She's trying so hard and I think her personality balance out his. 

I cannot wait for everyone to find out that QuanQuan is Xin Qi's son. I really don't understand why everyone is so interested in her personal life and who the father of her son is. 

From that ending preview, it seems like they will rekindle their love. However, that broken heart emoji on the airing schedule scares me. Is it a broken heart for our main couple or one of the other couples? And why does it have to be a few episodes before the ending too?! :nervous:

@abs-oluteM, I'm not sure about you but this drama is such a breath of fresh air compared to the angsty drama we just finished (Call It Love). This is the best contrasting drama to watch after that one. 

• Heart Eyes 1