Flower of Evil 악의 꽃 [2020]

7 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

Guys, I rewatched some scenes from earlier episodes last night. Something confuse me now. If Hee Sung is the accomplice, that makes him a cold-hearted killer. However, we see him panic and scared after hitting Hyun Soo. He could have hit and run but he wanted to send Hyun Soo to hospital. He called Dad for help.

Yes, It doesn't add up. I maybe wrong but i think it's still early to conclude about the identity of the accomplice even after 10/16 episodes. It's what i like about this drama - it makes you question your own observations.

7 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

This piece of info doesn't match our suspicion on him being accomplice now. Oh Show. :idk:

Watch another drama, like Alice to distract yourself 😁

I watch Love and Redemption and i hate the suspense there, too. I've seen posters of Alice and it's just not my cup of tea. It's a pity because the according to some the leading actors are great. 

• Like 4

What is the meaning of the title of'The Flower of Evil' by Yoo Jeong-hee?

Financial News 2020.09.01 14:07   Modified: 2020.09.01 14:07
What is the meaning of the title of'The Flower of Evil' by Yoo Jeong-hee?

[Financial News] “I wanted to convey the message that'flowers bloom even in places covered with evil'.” 

Writer Yoo Jeong-hee, who is making the'flower of evil' bloom, by writing unpredictable and impactful lines every time, told the story behind the story, including her intention to write through an interview. 

tvN's Wednesday and Thursday drama'The Flower of Evil' is a high-density emotional chase between Baek Hee-sung (Do Hyun-soo), a man who even played love, his wife Cha Ji Won ,who began to doubt his reality, and two people facing the truth they want to ignore. 

Before the broadcast, the topic of'What if my husband, whom I loved for 14 years, is suspected of being a serial killer?', drew attention as an unprecedented topic. Artist Yoo Jung-hee said, “While conceiving with various concepts,'subtle deception' .She said, “It reminds me of a couple who are in an ironic state of being a husband and a wife who only needs to love innocently.” 

Also, it was interesting to ask, “If I live my best to the other person in order not to detect the lie until the moment I die, I can say that life is a lie. And in order to tell the story more intensely, the detective and serial killer were built on top of the thriller,” she told the story of the birth of a unique suspense melo. 

With the title of'The Flower of Evil', while making a character called'Do Hyun-soo (played by Lee Jun-ki)' in the play, Charles Baudelaire's collection of poetry'The Flower of Evil' came to mind. Of course, it was because the values that had to be confronted and distinguished were mixed with the ambiguity of the boundary and made people feel confused and anxious,” she said. “I wanted to feel'the beauty of a desperate life' as an image at first sight.” 

In addition, regarding the meaning of the title, “I wanted to convey the message that'flowers bloom even in places covered with evil'.' “The'flower of evil' is an image of Do Hyeon-su that cannot be defined as black, white, or red, At the same time, it is the image of Cha Ji Won (played by Moon Chae-won) who breaks down his strong boundaries and accepts the new world as it is.” 

This deserves stigmatization for being the'son of a serial killer', so it represents the life of Do Hyun-soo, who grew up in an environment covered with evil spirits. He meets Cha Jiwon, who has a pure yet solid wick, and is raising an exciting expectation of what kind of flower he will eventually bloom. 

In addition, Yoo Jung-hee said to the viewers who have been sending a heated reaction recently, “It is made with the talent and passion of many people.

She  added warmth by sending a heartfelt message saying, “I am deeply grateful that the fans know and feel the authenticity of our drama.” 

“I hope it will be a drama where you can imagine the lives of the main characters. 'How are our protagonists living by now?' I hope that it will be a drama that suddenly comes to mind,” conveying the wind and breathing alive in the'flower of evil,' Do Hyun-soo, Cha Jiwon, Do Hae-soo (Jang Hee-jin), and Kim Moo-jin (Suh Hyun-woo) are becoming more curious. 

Reporter Cho Yong-cheol at yccho@fnnews.com

(This is google translated)

• Like 5

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

17 hours ago, bluepebbles said:

Episode 11 will continue to air on Wednesday, while the Thursday schedule will be set for a special broadcast . I hope they will show more behind the scenes 😍Source

Did they resume filming? Because if not ep 12 next week is tentative(?)

I want to see the next episode ASAP but i can wait. Their safety is more important.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Olivia Kate said:

Did they resume filming? Because if not ep 12 next week is tentative(?)

I want to see the next episode ASAP but i can wait. Their safety is more important.

I guess so ? Because their one week break was last week. It depends because the social distancing regulation escalated since last week. 
Maybe that’s the reason why they need to delay the airing of episode 12 so they can catch up with the last episode filming.

Some of the legendary episode curtain scenes

• Like 3

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Interview: Lee Joon Gi & Moon Chae Won On Their Roles In Flower Of Evil

Source

We speak to Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won about their latest drama Flower of Evil, how they got into character, and how it feels to be working together again

by Sophie Hong  /   September 1, 2020
Lee Joon Gi Moon Chae Won Flower Of Evil Interview_banner

Credit: Viu

If you’re a K-drama fan like us, you’d know that our latest obsession is Flower of Evil, a psychothriller starring Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won. The latter plays Cha Ji Won, a detective who’s blissfully married to Baek Hee Sung (Lee Joon Gi). The young married couple has a daughter and they look like the picture-perfect family… until Hee Sung’s past as Do Hyun Soo threatens to catch up with him. The Weekly team managed to catch Hallyu actors Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won to talk about their riveting new drama series. Continue scrolling for the full interview!

What drew you to the drama's script?

Spoiler

Lee Joon Gi: The script was an interesting one, and at the same time, I thought it would be really challenging. As an actor, that’s the kind of challenge that I want to take on. I wanted to express the complex inner thoughts of the characters Baek Hee Sung and Do Hyun Soo well. Also, because it is a genre and a role that I’ve never done before, I wanted to show another side of me through Flower of Evil.

Moon Chae Won: The role or genre that I choose to take on varies — it depends on various factors, such as the kind of experience I have had in my daily life and how I feel at that moment. Flower of Evil contains a considerable amount of elements that I favour, in terms of personal preferences and the genres that I like.

I usually like authentic melodramas, but Flower of Evil is a very attractive combination of romance and suspense. I decided to be a part of the cast because I was attracted to dealing with dramatic and deep topics.

[To Lee Joon Gi] How did you prepare for this role? What did you do to get into the mindset of a psychopath?

Spoiler

Lee Joon Gi: I did my best to express the restrained yet delicate side of the character Do Hyun Soo. To do that, I referred to the movie Joker and also Javier Bardem’s acting in the movie No Country for Old Men. However, unlike those characters, I had to express to the audience the complicated situation that Do Hyun Soo is facing and the various emotions that he has, therefore I thought a lot about the details of his facial expressions, reactions, and also the character’s styling in terms of appearance.

Lee-Joon-Gi-Moon-Chae-Won-Flower-Of-EvilMoon Chae Won: Ji Won is a violent crimes detective responsible for investigating crime scenes. Elements that are being taken lightly can be a big clue to solving a case, so she can’t help but be sensitive when dealing with cases. But in front of her beloved husband and family, she disarms herself and lets her guard down and smiles a lot. It’s the opposite of working at the police station. What drew me to Ji Won as a character was her unexpected charm, which adds fun to the story; her feelings of love and anxiety, which are essential feelings for human beings; and the subtle conflicts presented in the story.

The two of you worked together back in 2017, on Criminal Minds. How does it feel to be working on the same drama again?

Spoiler

Lee-Joon-Gi-Moon-Chae-Won-Flower-Of-Evil

Moon Chae Won: I was very excited to meet Lee Joon Gi again! No matter what character he plays, Lee Joon Gi makes the public fall in love with his charm, the way he works, and how he creates a narrative for his character with his meticulous acting. Because of that, I was very curious about how he would play Baek Hee Sung/Do Hyun Soo, who possesses conflicting characteristics such as kindness and cruelty (laughs).

Not only is his acting outstanding, he is also a great person on set. Even after filming an emotional scene, or an action sequence, he’s still very upbeat and doesn’t lose his laughter but instead, boosts the morale on set. I always receive good energy from his energetic performance. I am very lucky to be bale to work with such a good partner.

Lee Joon Gi: It was a pleasure to meet Chae-won, who I had previously met as a colleague [in Criminal Minds] and now as a couple of 14 years [in Flower of Evil]. There’s a sense of familiarity but we have to present a new performance.

During Criminal Minds I said to her: “Let’s meet in a melodrama next time.” I was thankful that such an opportunity came earlier than I thought. We’ve already worked together once, so we’re trying our best to produce good results this time too.

Can you share with us what’s your favourite moment on set, so far?

Spoiler

Moon Chae Won: It’s a production filled with great crew members, a good director and also great actors, so every moment is worth remembering. However, I can’t forget this particular moment with Seo Yeon, who is my daughter in the drama. One day, Seo Yeon smiled and handed me a piece of folded coloured paper. When I opened it up, there was a message saying, “Moon Chae Won and Flower of Evil, fighting (all the best)♡♡”. I was thankful and really moved because I felt that she was so considerate towards me. The weather then was quite cold but thanks to Seo Yeon, I was able to finish filming with a warm heart.

Lee Joon Gi: I remember every day of our shoots. I’m active on set, and the crew members and I are always there for each other. This way, I believe that we can turn the tiring shoot into a fun memory filled with smiles. I always have nothing but pleasant memories.

Viewers loved the chemistry the both of you have in Flower of Evil. What do you think contributed to your good on-screen chemistry?

Spoiler

Moon Chae Won: First of all, thank you so much for thinking highly of the chemistry between Lee Joon Gi and I! (Laughs) I think the biggest reason why we have such good chemistry is because Lee Joon Gi is a good actor and person. He takes good care of me when we’re filming. Thanks to him, I can focus more on my acting. This kind of consideration and understanding is well-reflected in our chemistry, so I think that’s why many people are in favour of it.

Lee Joon Gi: Chae Won and I have opposite personalities. If I’m the type to approach a production by exchanging energy with everyone on set, then Chae Won is the type to be calm and delicate. I think the process of us approaching the production in different ways makes the work better. We are both currently going through the shoot with good synergy.

What do you hope viewers will take away from this drama?

Spoiler

Lee Joon Gi: The two biggest things I felt while reading the script for Flower of Evil were “truth” and “love”. I think it is a great production that depicts the various emotions that a loving couple feels when faced with a truth they want to turn away from, as well as their psyche. I hope viewers will immerse themselves in the characters’ emotional changes, and realise the meaning of truth and love in the process.

Moon Chae Won: Rather than letting you know what the key points of Flower of Evil are, it would be great if you can feel closer to the essence of love after watching it. There are times when I personally think, “As a person, I would want to be saved by someone I love.” Whenever I think of that, many questions come to mind, such as “Is it possible for one person to be saved entirely by another?” and “Can two people be the salvation for each other?” I hope you can find answers to these questions through this drama.

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

The cat's officially out of the bag.

Spoiler

BHS is the accomplice. And his parents knew. The whole family knew and they are covering it all up. Twisted fate it really is cause it was DHS who he got an accident with. Now, I wonder how he ended up in comatose. Mom sure feels a little bit conflicted and remorseful compared to Dad who is sworn at all cost to protect his son.

I suspected last week that our OTP would be breaking up again. I'm so glad the writer proved me wrong and rather showcased the love and the trust the couple have for each other. I cried. Huhuhu. Really gret actors with visuals and chemistry :heart:

and the OST during the bridge/street scene :hearties:

Hae Su will now play a crucial role on helping Hyun Soo clear up his name to the police. Cant wait for next week's episode.

Edited by -StrongTower-
  • Like 5

In the strong Tower, I take refuge.

-----------------------------------

So far my top 2020 K-Dramas are 1. Hospital Playlist 2. Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim Season Two 3. CLOY 4. IONTBO

Shin Yong Jae's Feel You appearing in the background in the scene where Hyun Soo broke down and apologises non-stop to Ji Won was so apt, even I didn't know the lyrics - I feel the emotions. Ok, I didn't bawl my eyes out like you guys but I have a bit of tears in the eyes. And I was all "awww" that Ji Won "felt" his love and trusted him and gotten past the hurt to know that he does love her, even when he himself doesn't understand it.

I'm surprise the cat is out of the bag; it's sooner than I thought. I don't believe Do Min Seok threatened Baek Hee Sung though as Hee Sung claimed. Do you guys believe that? Psychopath is pretty good at manipulation so I believe he's now feigning innocence. I even think perhaps Papa Baek paid the thugs to get rid of Do Min Seok and staged it as suicide.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

There were so many emotional scenes from Ep 11, that I don’t know where to start. 

All I want to say is, LJG and MCW better get recognised for the characters they brought to life in this drama. Just such great acting!

I felt so emotionally exhausted after the scene when they met on the road and Hyunsoo simply said “I want to go home, Jiwon.” 
But can’t say I didn’t see it coming because there was no way HS would leave everyone he loves had he chosen the fugitive path. 

BTW, will Ep 12 air next wednesday? Anyone knows?

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Ep 12 Trailer~

Btw not sure why they keep on posting the same trailer...but I’m not complaining haha

I feel like Hyun Su’s memories stops in the forest is one of the focus points now? It makes me feel like there is another part of his memories that is missing and that part it’s important.

In his missing memories it could show that he himself had seen the accomplice before and it’s those kind of directly in your face view. Then he knows who is the accomplice.

• Like 4

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

dcaa38a8cff33cba8426a660e78d89fd.gif

𝒮𝓊𝓅𝑒𝓇𝓌🏵𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝒞𝒽𝒶 𝒥𝒾 𝒲🏵𝓃

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘹𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘳𝘺 𝘮𝘰𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘣𝘺 𝘔𝘰𝘰𝘯 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘦 𝘞𝘰𝘯

Flower of Evil is getting better every episode without chill. After the heartwrenching episode 11 , I came to understand why actor * Moon Chae Won , had chosen this project among other dramas / films offered to her for the past two years. 

Moon Chae Won specifically mentioned during the presscon and interviews that she was attracted with Cha Ji Won as a female lead who loves perils, mostly loving a dangerous man. From episode five onwards , the story unfolds how Cha Ji Won evolved to a one sweet wife to someone who loathe her husband once then love him more after. 

Cha Ji Won is a ray of light to Hyun Soo's darkness. She was oblivious about this for fourteen years. Little did she know, she was the inexplicable event that happened in Hyun Soo's life--unrealistic, absurd. Ji Won gave Hyun Soo's the chance to become another person-an opportunity for him to live a decent life far different from his chilhood and teenage years. He never had a complete, warm family to grow up with. He had suffered dreadful , life threatening episodes before he meet Ji Won. 

fcbed0ee6c94183cdcccd59798712dbc.gif

For Hyun Soo, as he deceived her for fourteen years, Ji Won became as someone whom he needs to make her happy. She has devasting phases in her life too, but with Hyun Soo's care she was able to move forward. However, the pronounced challenge has yet to come to Jiwon when her husband was kidnapped, almost died from drowning and later on revealed that he was the suspected accomplice on the loose. 

I can not still imagine myself being at the same predicament as Ji Won , if I have someone I love for a very long time only to find out he had faked his identity. I guess , this will take a talented artist like Moon Chae Won to immerse herself to someone whom she is head over heals to. I even asked, if is this real? Will there will be a couple similar to this one in real life?

Yet Chaewonshi is naturally good at this. She flourished the conveyance of different emotions a woman can possibly have given a scenario as complicated as Jiwon's. Ji Won , after she over heard from Hyun Soo that he never felt love towards her eversince, crushed her completely. It made her despise her husband. It drove her to bypass her oath as a detective in order to unravel the truth. Even so, her wits is winning over her doubts . She was firm with what she sees from Hyun Soo who is not a pyschopath after all. She debunked that quick judgment made by people who fear to know. Despite she knows about Hyun Soo's impersonation, she had made a vow to protect that secret instead.

9b35bb9324981394fbd7f0950af8d63a.jpg

I was delighted as a viewer when Ji Won runs towards her husband after that call in episode 9 , admitting that she misses him badly. That has been the turning point on how credible Ji Won is as a detective, at the same time a faithful loving wife next to Hyun Soo. Later on, while waiting for Hyun Soo to arrive, she received that important call from Hae Soo validating that her brother is totally innocent from any of the murders. 

Episode 11 was the peak of saving Hyun Soo from total breakdown. He had chosen to go home instead of running away. I like how the writer displayed Hyun Soo's wall crumbling down, infront of his compassionate wife. In response, Ji Won decided to grant Hyun Soo's choice. Home is where the heart is.

Why in the world you knew everything. Why didn't you leave me even though you konw everything? I just don't get it.
Do you really not understand? Do you really not know why I tried so hard to protect you even though I knew your identity?

Ji Won may not be the perfect homemaker by common standards (can cook, can take care of Eunha's needs etc). However, she is armored with love devoted to her family which makes her the most reliable wife and mother. She saved his husband more than once. She deserves the happiness the world can give. Please let her and her family stay happy until the end. 

*Lee Joon Gi 's accolade during his IG live when he was asked how does he feel while filming with Moon Chae Won 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

I was so excited to see Kim Ji-hoon in Episode 9. Finally he's in something that I can watch. The man looks like he's living off the spring of eternal youth. I've missed him. 

There's a lot that can be said about Ji-won and Hyun-so but as long as they don't broach the elephant in the room it will always be the elephant in the room. I feel sorry for both for different reasons. Surprisingly they're both naive for different reasons. Hyun-so believing that he could perpetrate the deception (even if he never meant her any harm) for as long as he could was naive but I imagine he was caught up in his own facade without realising it.

So the plot thickens. Glad to see some progress in the investigation. Dr Baek has always been a bit of  a shady character. I've always found Ji-won's team leader a bit suspicious. Just something about him that feels off.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

The ending of the special eventually tease us about how the story will go.

“Who is going to betray?” They ask. (So we know that someone will betray but in the midst of it, truth will be set free) 

“Do Hyun Su vs Baek Hee Sung” this one I’m waiting for it..

I am not too sure if Baek Hee Sung is truly the main bad guy....There is no evidence on my hands to say he isn’t..but based on the special they were asking whether Baek Hee Sung is truly the accomplice...though it might be a sub problem....

• Like 4

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

Episode 11  was sad but actually a relief for me. It brought me to tears like episode 9-10 did. 

JW and Do Hyun Soo ‘s relationship has gotten stronger. Secrets have been revealed and now we know who we can trust.  JW’s Sunbae knows everything, I thought I would hate him but he was actually nice and helped her out. He tried to protect her till the end.( This drama really depicted how we humans are just shallow and judgmental. How our fear instinctively take control our actions. ) Hyun Soo learned he loves his wife, the devastation of losing his family broke him down. JW was able to give her husband something meaningful:  her trust and love. She stood by him and decided to start over. In all that chaos he started to tell his “ his journey that brought him to her”, I  was so moved by those words.  I wished that kiss when they got home was more steamy but I understand at that moment it was about the moment 

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f293ce938f4878d137971

Reporter Min Joo was my hero, he actually tired to save Hyun Soo. He was actually worried for him since he now knows Ji Won knows everything. He told Hae Soo and she is devastated. What does she plan to do now?? Hae Soo took a big chance to help her brother and I fell bad that Hyun Soo lied to her about his fake family. Painted them as heros but truthfully they were the worst. They were only trying to protect themselves.

Spoiler

Hee Sung’s parents are the worst. I truly believe he is a psychopath. He has no empathy for what he has done in the past and says that Min-Seok terrified him and that is why he did all those things. He did it to protect his parents. I myself wonder if his mom believes him but I do know his father does believe him. I am dying to know how deep are Hee Sung’s father love for his son. At one time I thought it was deep but in episode 11 he just looks disgusted by him . His mom is just full of guilt. Once she heard Hyun Soo May was taken care of she had a guil written all over her face, with her son she looks so tormented. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2918b6fb7dbf6aed5fac

Evil Man   Baek Hee Sung is a psychopath and very disturbed. I have so many questions. Did he kill Min Seok or was it Suicide. I have no idea if mentioned it here , I knew it was Hee Sung who the accomplice. I recognized his voice when he said “Ahjumma” I told a friend this when he came on Scene.  He used to say Ahjumma a lot in Jang Bori Come. I have seen other drama when he said Ahjumma and it sounded the same. 

I am wondering the same thing Why ?? Was it Do Hyun Soo he hit with his car??? I think maybe the Universe wants him to pay for his crimes. This man has been free when only Min-Seok’s name is dragged in the mud. Smh smh 

• Like 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

7 minutes ago, Darkarcana said:

Because Hyun Su was running away from his reporter friend after he got stab and Hee Sun was just so driving..though I wonder who he meeting, he stated it was a girl right?

Hyun Soo was running away from the Restaurant chef (who eventually  died in episode 2). The resto chef stabbed him after attempting to steal his money. 

Based on the speculations, Hee Sung is going to meet Hae Soo. 

This vlogger has interesting videos since episode 3. Her speculations were almost right :shocked2:

• Like 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor