Flower of Evil 악의 꽃 [2020]

One of the highlights of episode 11 for me was this one :

Aside from the child-like confession of Hyun Soo to Ji Won, the overall execution of this scene was perfectly crafted given the location was filmed on a bridge. It clearly manifests the reconciliation of Ji Won's testimony of loyalty to her husband and Hyun Soo's surrender of his real self. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

@Darkarcana @bluepebbles I know how he go hit . He was running for his life. But of all the people in the world Hee Sung could have hit, turned out to be son of the man that “ supposedly terrified him, a serial killer” It was a rhetorical  question?? Hee Sung is like is this a coincidence, Is Do Min-Seok using his son for revenge blah blah. HEe Sung is trying to paint Hyun Soo as a killer, a monster or someone who is threat to them. Then his gather says he has been taken care of already . Look at Hee Sung be manipulative 

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f297a139a414b3f94d90f

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29db47011a3b38c913b1

Our Hyun Soo finally feeling lost and scared. My highlight of episode 11 started the moment she told him to run away @bluepebbles  I loved seeing them both be honest with each other. She already wished she could switch with him so he can finally understand how much she loves 

• Heart Eyes 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Episodes 12-16 will be the final arc of the series and there are still a lot of aces the production is waiting to unveil.  According to chief producer Yoon Sang Woon, there are more emotional scenes on the upcoming episodes. 

With that I am looking forward to the brighter side of things when it comes to resolution , considering that both actors and directors have been vocal of the theme of this show--love, truth , salvation.

• I want a redemption for the Hae Soo-Moo Jin arc, their story also has a sad premise after the village murder incident. Hae Soo is insomniac, can hardly make it through the day. In 18 years , she did not have her brother with her who had took all the accusation of the crime. Moo Jin also disconnected to her too when she needed him the most. 
  • Baek Family, the image they wanted to protect all along will begin to crumble. I want them to take the punishment they deserve by not running away from it. They need to confront Hee Sung's crime and deal with it together. If Go Min Ja will become the whistle blower, then I am more than satisfied.
  •  ImageImage
  • The renewal of vows--wedding of Hyun Soo and Ji Won. Like I mentioned on twitter, there were no wedding photo showed during the entire run of the drama. We only have the family portrait there to signify Baek family. I want to believe that the director/writer intentionally had omitted this one in order to reserve for a new wedding scene for the Do-Cha couple. There has been an indirect renewal of vows in episode 11. It was lovely. 
    Spoiler

• Eunha's dongsaeng, cause why not.  :Ghastlel:
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

𝓕𝓵𝓸𝔀𝓮𝓻 𝓸𝓯 𝓔𝓿𝓲𝓵

ᖴIᒪᗰIᑎG ᒪOᑕᗩTIOᑎ

Baek Hee Sung and Cha Ji Won House/ Metalcraft Workshop

flower-of-evil-2020-filming-location-epiShop Palpan-gil – Korean Dramaland

VARIETY SHOW FILMED HERE
This appears as the cafe in dating variety show Cafe Amor (선다방) (tvN, 2018 — Season 1 & 2), where singer Lee Juck, actress Yoo In-na and comedian Yang Se-hyung hosted matchmade couples on dates.

This shop space, located on Palpan-gil [팔판길] in Seoul’s neighborhood Samcheong [Samcheong-dong/삼청동] in the Jongno District [Jongno-gu/종로구], has taken on various purposes over the last few years. It was previously the clothes store ‘Stay People’ from 2015 till possibly 2017. After Cafe Amor ended its run at the end of 2018, it became performance venue ‘Moment House’ in 2019. It is unknown as to whether it is still under that name since it has been used for filming in Flower of Evil.

It is a short walk to/from Cafe Rosso [로쏘].

Address
13 Palpan-gil, Samcheong-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
서울특별시 종로구 팔판길 13
(팔판동 132-1)
Geolocation: 37.582531, 126.980761

Getting here
Anguk Station [안국역], Seoul Subway Line 3, Exit 1
(14 min. walk)

submitted by Mich KDL

1596955626507.jpg?type=w773

Spoiler

According to this blogger, the shop looks like a cafe in the exterior but it is not a real cafe. It was then used for various filming location for tvN shows.

Tips on travelling in Seoul--subway is the most convenient, because the station's notification is also in English which will be easier to navigate specially if you will go to a certain place for the first time. Also download the subway korea map (I was in daze while reading this app at first but it came as  a handy eventually!) for guide. Additional app that could be helpful will be the kakao map where you can have important landmarks in that map including photos. The directions are close to accurate. It does not come in English language but it is equally useful. I use google and coincide it with the kakao map.

Subway Korea by Malang Studio Co. Ltd,

Jong-no is already within the proximity of Bukchon Hanok Village , and you can have sidetrip with those pretty houses there. 

How to get to Anguk Station :

From Yongsan Station to Anguk Station

Transfer from Line 1 to Line 3 

It takes about 25 minutes.

After you exit from the subway, you will see the Constitutional Court building.

1596955619759.jpg?type=w773

• Thanks 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

[Pᴇʀꜱᴏɴᴀʟɪᴛʏ] Lᴇᴇ Jᴏᴏɴ Gɪ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʟᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴇꜱ ɪɴᴛᴏ ʙʟᴏᴏᴍ, ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ, ᴀꜱ ᴀɴ ᴀᴄᴛᴏʀ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɪʀʀᴇꜱɪꜱᴛɪʙʟᴇ ᴄʜᴀʀᴍ

I thought it was Lee Joon Gi. But it wasn’t Lee Joon Gi as I knew him. I’m talking about that ‘Lee Joon Gi’ who’s starring in tvN’s Wed/Thu drama ‘Flower of Evil.’

In fact, early on in the drama, people suspected Do Hyunsoo, who’s been posing as Baek Heeseong, of having committed the murder because he is the son of serial killer Do Minseok and a psychopath. Of course, from Episode 2 onwards, Do Hyunsoo has proven people wrong by, for instance, setting Kim Moojin free after having him locked up, and letting Park Gyungchun live despite what the latter put him through. In a turn of events after another, the doubts about Hyunsoo dissipated. Even then, however, there still remained a doubt that Hyunsoo might be the accomplice.

Later on, the real killer of the village head turned out to be his sister Haesoo. Hyunsoo’s persistent search for the accomplice to clear his name has dissipated viewers’ doubts. Then, doubtful viewers started to look at Baek Manwoo, who made Hyunsoo, a wanted suspect, pretend to be his son, as a possible killer. Such a plot twist after another has made people give a thumbs up to the meticulously-written script.

But when I said “I thought it was Lee Joon Gi, but it wasn’t Lee Joon Gi,” I was not merely talking about the drama’s plot. It is also about the way the industry and viewers look at Lee Joon Gi as a leading actor. While in awe because this is not the same ‘Lee Joon Gi’ as they have seen, they are also surprised by his more mature acting skills.

Ever since he skyrocketed to stardom through his movie ‘King and the Clown,’ he has always wowed people with his acting, but how come these people suddenly began to see him in a new light through ‘Flower of Evil’? People sometimes say there’s a moment when actors break the mold they have built for themselves and evolve. It seems now is exactly that moment for Lee Joon Gi.

I have seen him in a wide range of works and he’s been such a multitalented and diligent actor. He has always done a great job, and has always worked hard. This time, he has also succeeded in giving a performance where he looks more comfortable with his role. From some point onwards, it seemed the talent and the hard work that he had put in stood out more prominently off-screen, instead of being absorbed naturally into the project he did. But in ‘Flower of Evil,’ the actor is hooking viewers into the story thoroughly as his character himself. He no longer looks like ‘star Lee Joon Gi,’ but he looks like ‘Do Hyun Soo’ in a crisis.

Spoiler

2d8ee221b208f94b15302faede5a9ffbf6206913752f183922dbc325d9164685e2ec6c1c25362abfc9b50e58a711367c23d3a8a6c38f55de7028095f

Watching Do Hyun Soo in the drama, viewers felt chills down their spines early on, and now feel sympathy and sadness for him. He was a complex, mysterious character because initially it was hard to stay whether this cold psychopath was pretending to be a husband and father in a happy family, or he really meant it. But when he told his sister he never loved Cha Jiwon, viewers’ hearts sank. However, as the drama went through ups and downs, both Do Hyunsoo and viewers have come to realize that what he’s been feeling is love. Viewers end up cheering on this desperate character Do Hyunsoo, and it’s because of Lee Joongi’s engrossing performance.

73adc564f3fe3de56b679075082bc8b7cc621d78829c2792d1d407d51e1dafffec9aa473ae331ed42dd4c5e59d2b1b99db2dd1ae8eefd4fdad29282d

At this point I should mention Kim Chulgyu’s directing skills. In the hands of this director, who presented quality works such as tvN ‘Mother’ and KBS2 ‘On the Way to the Airport,’ Lee Joongi’s acting truly shines through. Director Kim’s magic touch does the trick for the other actors, as well. If anyone doubted Moon Chaewon could play a homicide detective, they should be silent now. He also chose Seo Hyunsoo, a lesser known actor, for the major role of Kim Moojin, and has helped him become a reliable actor.

Viewers would not be tearing up watching the Do Hyunsoo and Cha Jiwon couple who cry desperately, without Lee Joongi and Moon Chaewon’s acting skills, as well as the directing skills of the director who orchestrates the whole drama. This is why I agree with the tagline that describes ‘Flower of Evil’: intense, emotional chase thriller.

Spoiler

d85d76e3655a3ee5d42b8f95c495ce3ba94567af2c56fe3d20ff4ad011a467d5f4d8a3b1dfe35259

I am curious about the ending of ‘Flower of Evil,’ a mysterious viewing experience since it makes us see an actor in a new light and view a genre picture as a romance drama. It has been a meticulously-crafted, entertaining ride, so just a plain ‘happy ending’ would be out of the question. With only five episodes remaining, the drama is raising our expectations, making us wonder how many more plot twists there will be, and what kind of powerful ending ‘Flower of Evil’ will leave us with.

from naver article translated by allaboutjoongi

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

34 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

Hello @bluepebbles @Darkarcana @mademoisellesia  Check the new airing time for Flower of Evil Here

So FOE remains airing at 10.50pm KST right? It’s just timing of the upcoming drama that will be adjusted to 10.30pm?

Please correct me if I’m wrong! I do find 10.50pm to be a bit late though. Maybe FOE ratings would be a bit higher if the air time was slightly earlier...

5 minutes ago, im0202 said:

So FOE remains airing at 10.50pm KST right? It’s just timing of the upcoming drama that will be adjusted to 10.30pm?

Please correct me if I’m wrong! I do find 10.50pm to be a bit late though. Maybe FOE ratings would be a bit higher if the air time was slightly earlier...

@im0202  i think due to the new drama, It has been moved to the 2250 slot. It sure is going to be late .  For confirmation can @stroppyse translate this post Here

Thanks in advance 

• Like 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

2 hours ago, UnniSara said:

@im0202  i think due to the new drama, It has been moved to the 2250 slot. It sure is going to be late .  For confirmation can @stroppyse translate this post Here

Thanks in advance 

The link just leads to a tvN instagram. Translation of the caption:

Already knocked over by the mood of the main poster

First broadcast will air at 10:30 on October 7. 

#tvN #Wed Thurs drama #Tales of the Nine Tailed Fox #taleoftheninetailed #Lee Dong Wook #Jo Bo Ah #Kim Bum 

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, OsmanthusTea said:

So our couple seemed to staged the dramatic escape in front of the CCTV in his workshop.....:smug: Baek Family is a nightmare comes true..#shudders...but Baek Mommy is having a conflicted conscience. Our couple is chasing the Ring Leader while The Real BHS is chasing them sneakily by targeting The Cutie EunHa based upon the previews...:nervous:

It is getting more complicated ! Episode 13 is like the the edge of the blueprint for the chaotic intertwined connections between Baek vs Do family !

ImageImageImage

• Like 3

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor