The Starry Love 星落凝成糖 [2023]

Tofu

The Starry Love 星落凝成糖

0084q40ely1gzctasaheoj31o02yokjl.jpg

Chinese Title: Xing Luo Ning Cheng Tang / 星落凝成糖
English Title: Love When The Stars Fall / The Starry Love
Novel: Xing Luo Ning Xing Chen by Yi Ye Jun Hua
Director: Zhu Rui Bin (Previous work: The Long Ballad, The Blue Whisper)
Screenwriter: Ma Jia (Previous work: Ashes of Love, Skate Into Love)
Genre: Xianxia
Episodes: 40
Broadcasting Network: Youku
Airing Date: 16th Feb 2023

Synopsis

The queen of the human tribe has given birth to twin girls. Respected by the entire tribe, the older sister Qing Kui, who is gentle and kind, is betrothed to the heavenly prince. The younger sister, Ye Tan, smart and cunning, shunned by her own people, is betrothed to the demon prince. Due to a mix up, the two sisters are married off to the wrong husbands. It paves the way for two beautiful romances and also ignites a conspiracy that shakes the four realms. (Credit)

**This is considered the third installment of the "Honey Trilogy" after Ashes of Love and Skate Into Love**

Official Websites 
Baidu | Weibo | Douban

• Star Struck 1

Cast. 

0084q40egy1gy4fcf1p95j31900u0wih.jpg

Chen Xing Xu as Empyrean Xuan Shang / Shao Dian You Qin / La Mu / Mei You Qing / Wen Ren

0084q40egy1gy4fcf1ocfj31900u0aeb.jpg

Li Lan Di as Ye Tan

Chen Mu Chi as Third Prince
He Xuan Lin as Qing Kui
Zhou Zhan as Lord Qing Heng
Gong Zheng Ye as Zhu Jiuyin / Zhu Duanshan
Dan Zeng Jin Mei as Ding Yun
Qin Tian Yu as Di Lanjue
Dai Ya Qi as Zi Wu
Peggy Ji as Jia Louluo
Tang Guo Zhong as Prince Chen Yuan Li
Jiang Xiao Lin as Wu Dai
Bai Yu Fei as Hu Sui
Wang Li Na as Man Man
Cao Bo as Gu Haichao
Chen Si Che as Bi Qiong
Xia Ming Hao as Li Guangyang
Yu Yang as Beast Queen
Lu Jun Yao as Xiao Yu Immortal Lord
Cao Jie as Fei Chi
Wang Ruo Xi as Su Shui
Li Yun Zhe (李昀哲) as Han Mo
Zhang Cheng Lang as Er Lang Shen
Hu Ran as Empress Chen Yuan
Zhu Xiang as General Guangtian

• 7 months later...
10 hours ago, Tofu said:

I didn't realized I created this thread. Haha! I don't like the dubbing on the ML. It doesn't really match him. 

I'm only on episode two, I haven't seen much of the second couple yet. Haha! 

Me too.... I don't like his dubbing voice and making him look awkward:laugh: Maybe they want him to look badass with that big voice since he's an empyrean.

• Haha 1

@Yana I am on episode four now and I agreed that the second couple is more interesting. Their storyline, itself, is more engaging than the main couple's. With the main couple, their storyline is one that's been done many times before. We see a lot of mischievous female lead with a tsundere male lead type of drama, so it's not as interesting to me.

With the second couple, I really want to see how Qing Kui's innocence is going to change the Third Prince. That Third Prince is so cunning and such a calculated person. Everything he does and say -- he tells a lie to cover up a previous lie. I can't wait to see what happens when he's exposed for all of them! 

• Like 1

spacer.png

I'm rooting for the second couple, even though he's a red flag.

I think he's strong despite his brothers thinks he's weak. He must be hiding his true power. 

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

With the second couple, I really want to see how Qing Kui's innocence is going to change the Third Prince. That Third Prince is so cunning and such a calculated person. Everything he does and say -- he tells a lie to cover up a previous lie. I can't wait to see what happens when he's exposed for all of them! 

You can see him fall in love with Qingkui in later episodes...:love: 

• Haha 1

After I wrote about how he keeps telling lies to cover up his other lies, his right hand man made that same comment in the next episode I watched. :laugh:

I think he is already starting to fall in love with Qingkui because she's shown him nothing but kindness. It seems like that's not something he's used to growing up in such a cut throat family. 

I am rooting for Qing Heng and the lady born from a coriander! They are adorable together and I hope their love blossoms. I also hope that she ends up being the coriander he secretly watered, even though she mentioned she wasn't. Maybe she's lying, right? 

STL.jpg

Here is the airing calendar:

Fp-Jel9-Za-QAEn-ALc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
2 hours ago, themarchioness said:

I don’t normally watch xianxias, but this one was so funny I couldn’t resist and now I’m actually enjoying it! 

I enjoy watching them and actually started with Chong Zi first. I ended up dropping that one because it was just too slow and the storyline seemed like it wasn't going anywhere. I ended up picking up this one because it was another xianxia. I found myself like this one way more. Like you said, it's funny and the storyline is actually engaging. Xianxia always have many characters, so I appreciate that this one doesn't have too many. I am invested in all of their growth and relationships. 

I just finished episode ten and I don't know how to process what I watched. I can't imagine the thoughts I would have cultivating for 1500 knowing that I'm doing it to sacrifice myself at the end. It's no wonder he locked away his emotions and tried not to get attached to anyone -- even his own mother! I love that the message was for him to forgive and learn to love himself. Ye Tan is the best for him and I love that he's warming up to her. 

@Yana FMV of your favorite couple. Haha! 

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4872066613313607/4872068108126202

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

My sister just told me that Chen Xing Xu is using his real voice....what?! :shocked2:

Is his real voice really that low or was it done purposefully for the drama? I am in shock right now because I thought it was dubbed. :psweatduck:

Yup! If you go to this person’s Weibo, she posted the dubbing credits for this drama on 2/16: https://weibo.com/u/5118908180?is_all=1

CXX is not listed so it is his real voice! 

26 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Episode 11 and 12!! 

I know!! 😭😭😭

I love, though, how the love and kindness that Ye Tan gets from people like the Heavenly Empress, the masters, and the Heavenly sibs, and of course our ML is as well, is transforming her outlook on things. She was so starved for love from her lame father. I know a lot of people are more into the second couple right now because they’re more interesting, more unique, but I’m really invested in the mains because I feel like they were dealt rotten hands from birth. I’m looking forward to them overcoming that and falling in love. 

Previews for next Eps seem promising in the laughter department, so there’s that at least to make up for today’s eps! 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

My sister just told me that Chen Xing Xu is using his real voice....what?! :shocked2:

Is his real voice really that low or was it done purposefully for the drama? I am in shock right now because I thought it was dubbed. :psweatduck:

No wayyyy...for real? His real voice?:shocked2:

2 hours ago, themarchioness said:

I know!! 😭😭😭

I love, though, how the love and kindness that Ye Tan gets from people like the Heavenly Empress, the masters, and the Heavenly sibs, and of course our ML is as well, is transforming her outlook on things. She was so starved for love from her lame father. I know a lot of people are more into the second couple right now because they’re more interesting, more unique, but I’m really invested in the mains because I feel like they were dealt rotten hands from birth. I’m looking forward to them overcoming that and falling in love. 

Hate her father so much, luckily she's got very good relationship with her twin sister. I need more scenes from them. 

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Yana said:

luckily she's got very good relationship with her twin sister. I need more scenes from them. 

Yes! I've been very glad to see that despite how they were raised there's no resentment and only empathy.  It's a refreshing change. 

• Like 2

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

Yesterday night, I went to bed shocked that it was Chen Xingxu's real voice. I don't remember it being that low, but I did watch an interview of him where he talked about the different characters he's playing. I think he will change his voice per character. Even if he doesn't, I'm fine with it now. Chen Xingxu does say that later on Shaodian Youqin will become softer. 

It seems like the sisters will swap later on because Ye Tan was wearing the Demon's attire and Qing Kui was in the Heaven's attire in the OST videos. I also really like their relationship too. Despite the difference in their upbringing they didn't let that affect their sisterhood. It's common to see something like the Demon brothers' relationships where there's jealous and envy, so I love that they didn't make the sister's relationship like that. I want to see more of them together too. I also want to see Chao Feng and Youqin meet. It'll be interesting to see how both of them get along. 

9 hours ago, themarchioness said:

When I was watching this, it was so wholesome to see everyone say they were willing to protect her even though they've only known her for six-seven months. Right after this scene when they helped and pretended they didn't see her so she can save Youqin, it really shows how much they loved her -- loved both of them. Youqin and Ye Tan are two broken people who never really receive warmth from others. I can't wait to see them fall in love with each other. 

Does anyone know if the drama is going to follow the novel? I read somewhere that the novel had a sad ending. I don't want any sad endings, please! 

@OsmanthusTea Are you going to watch this one?!

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Does anyone know if the drama is going to follow the novel? I read somewhere that the novel had a sad ending. I don't want any sad endings, please! 

I don't think anyone knows the answer to that question and I've also read that, in the book, Ye Tan and Youqin have a sad ending (though don't think that's necessarily true of other pairings).  Reeeeeally hoping that's not true - seems cruel given how they were raised and what that they have go to through.  Just given them some happiness already, please!

I think what gives us hope in that regard is that this the third drama in the Honey Trilogy, so surely they can't let a honey drama end sadly, right?!  [Trilogy in the sense that it's by the same production team that brought us Ashes of Love and Skate in Love.]

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

My Fanfics

I didn't watch Ashes of Love and it's been so long since I've seen Skate in Love but I'm pretty sure that one ended well. Do you happen to know what happened in the novel at the end? Please put it in a spoiler tag so I can prepare myself to read. :laugh:

But honestly, if the ending is going to be sad, we can all just pretend it was a happy ending. I've done that many times with C-Dramas. :lmao2:

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I didn't watch Ashes of Love and it's been so long since I've seen Skate in Love but I'm pretty sure that one ended well. Do you happen to know what happened in the novel at the end? Please put it in a spoiler tag so I can prepare myself to read. 

Skate in Love definitely has a happy ending (both in book and drama).  I believe Ashes in Love has a happy ending.  I don't know any specifics regarding the end of the Starry Love novel, only that when someone asked on MDL whether the book had a happy ending, someone replied that Tan Ye and Youqin had a "BE," though they hoped that would not be the case for the drama. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

My Fanfics