The Starry Love 星落凝成糖 [2023]

Tofu

@themarchioness I'm hoping for a happy ending too. I'll even be ok with an ambiguous ending that suggest that they are living together somewhere away from everyone. 

Today's episodes....even in his other lives, he still want to feel people's warmth. :cry:

Di Lanjue should just admit that he's A'Cai. Haha! There's no point in hiding it! :laugh:

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Tofu said:

Does anyone know if the drama is going to follow the novel? I read somewhere that the novel had a sad ending. I don't want any sad endings, please! 

As much as I am immune to unpredictable drama endings, I really wish Yetan and youqin had a happy ending. They NEED a happy ending! 

6 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Skate in Love definitely has a happy ending (both in book and drama).  I believe Ashes in Love has a happy ending.  I don't know any specifics regarding the end of the Starry Love novel, only that when someone asked on MDL whether the book had a happy ending, someone replied that Tan Ye and Youqin had a "BE," though they hoped that would not be the case for the drama. 

I didn't watch skate in love and ashes in love....is it good? 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Yana said:

I didn't watch skate in love and ashes in love....is it good? 

Skate in Love is a pretty light and easygoing watch.  The book is waaaaaay better, so much funnier too.  So, I think the trick to enjoying the drama is to not read the book first.  Haha.  Unfortunately, my experience was in the reverse order so the drama was just OK for me and I don't actively recommend it to people, but I know it has its fans, especially for those who like their light romances.

As for Ashes in Love, I didn't watch it either but I know it has its following so it must have been good?  LOL.  As I mentioned the other day I'm not really a xianxia person... brain tends to turn off whenever I try to watch one... but, Starry Love has proven the exception to that!

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

Today's episodes....even in his other lives, he still want to feel people's warmth

Omg.  When I saw how the Fire Diety was so misunderstood by the village people it just about broke my heart.  It only proves though how Ye Tan really is his destiny because who else but her can understand exactly how she feels?  I love when she tells her friend - I was also once assumed to be the harbinger of all evil things.  Who would listen to an explanation?

[As an aside, I thought it was interesting how after her father visited her sister's quarters, it seemed like he was interested in visiting hers too before the servant pulled him back.  Maybe there will be hope for Ye Tan and her father by the end and amends will be made. For her sake, I hope so.]

4 hours ago, Yana said:

I really wish Yetan and youqin had a happy ending. They NEED a happy ending! 

:1000:

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

Di Lanjue should just admit that he's A'Cai. Haha! There's no point in hiding it! 

Oh, I forgot to comment on this earlier!  

Omg... hahaha... those two crack me up.  Every time I think about Di Lanjue wrapped in a pink diaper... :lmao2: 

I really can't wait for his true identity to be revealed to Zi Wu.  I chuckle every time she says there's something familiar about his eyes and scent and wrinkles her nose around him. 

As an aside, I think it is absolutely adorable how this actress played CXX's younger sister in Fall in Love and now they're siblings again here.  So fun!! 

• Like 2

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

spacer.png

Poor Wudai..he got rejected!!!:laugh:he's strong and savage but he has a tender heart

Aigoo, poor fire deity; all he wants is to make friends with other villages. and the fact that he absorbed the fire with his body to save other villagers. 

The bond between Qingkui and Yetan is so pure... I also like how both characters are intelligent and don't act like childish or annoying sisters. :cool:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Yana said:

Poor Wudai..he got rejected!!!:laugh:he's strong and savage but he has a tender heart

The contrast between Wudai and Chao Feng’s reaction was priceless. Hahaha. Poor Wudai, indeed. Although I caught a vibe from the Snake Lady, whatever her name was, so now I’m rooting for Wudai to end up with her.

Edited by themarchioness
  • Like 2

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

8 hours ago, themarchioness said:

The contrast between Wudai and Chao Feng’s reaction was priceless. Hahaha. Poor Wudai, indeed. Although I caught a vibe from the Snake Lady, whatever her name was, so now I’m rooting for Wudai to end up with her.

Yes.. Me too, her facial expression shows some interest towards yudai. :smile:

• Like 1
On 2/23/2023 at 10:45 PM, themarchioness said:

As for Ashes in Love, I didn't watch it either but I know it has its following so it must have been good?  LOL.

I decided to take one for the team and watch the first four episodes of Ashes of Love. Then, I skipped through majority of the episodes (sometimes full episodes, haha!). By episode 36, I was so exhausted because there were still 20+ episodes left in the series! :jiminbtssigh:

Needless to say, I don't think I am going to continue because I dislike love triangle tropes -- why do dramaland always add these?! I read that it was a rather happy-ish ending because the female lead gets reincarnated. I'm hoping that if someone does have to sacrifice themselves at the end of this drama, they are reincarnated and we are provided a happy ending! Otherwise....:pandacop:

On 2/23/2023 at 10:45 PM, themarchioness said:

It only proves though how Ye Tan really is his destiny because who else but her can understand exactly how she feels?

Agreed! They are two misunderstood individuals and because of that, they understand each other the best. 

I laughed so much at Qing Kui in episode 16. She worked so hard to make sure the Third Prince did not see the posters of Youqin. Hahaha! Poor girl, I just love their sisterhood so much. 

Also -- WHY?! Why did Qingheng, Zi Wu, and Lanjue post up Youqin's posters knowing that the Demon realm is waiting for an opportunity to strike the immortal realm?! :PikachuFacePalm:

Going back to our main couple -- I want a Fire Demon too! He is so sweet and the fireworks scene was one of my favorite. :heart:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Tofu said:

I decided to take one for the team

You are such a trooper!!!!  I'm sending you a Lamu-style firework heart, lol!  

Instead of trying to watch Ashes of Love myself, I asked a friend about the ending. They said it's happy-ish in that the FL has to wait 500 years to be reborn to pick between two brothers.  They didn't tell me which brother the FL picked, but I'm assuming it was the "correct" one since she said it was happy-ish.  I suppose if one were shipping the other couple, that would not be happy!  Sounds like quiiiite the love triangle.  So far I'm grateful we seem to be exempt from that in Starry Love -- unless the shards all start to fight each other for the FL?  Ha.  That would probably be fun to watch, actually, as I bet the drama would make it amusing, and they all combine to form our ML anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Fanfics

15 hours ago, themarchioness said:

So far I'm grateful we seem to be exempt from that in Starry Love -- unless the shards all start to fight each other for the FL?  Ha.  That would probably be fun to watch, actually, as I bet the drama would make it amusing, and they all combine to form our ML anyway.

In some ways, I hope they do all meet too. It would be fun to watch all the Youqins together. :lmao2:

It doesn't look like we will get a love triangle in this drama, which is great! There are some tropes I just don't like and love triangle is one of those. I think a story can be built around two people and it's not necessary to have another person to move the story along. I don't mind the occasion introduction of a character to bring jealousy in the couple, but this should be brief. I think that's why I fast-forwarded all the love triangle parts with the second lead in Ashes of Love. It was pretty clear that his brother liked the female lead so to see that and fall in love with her too, that just felt wrong. I guess, sometimes you can't choose who you fall in love with. :idk:

Episode 21-22 Previews -- It seems like the last Youqin will appear. I thought that maybe it'll take a few more episodes for the third shard to appear, but they are coming quick! I'm not complaining because I want to see all those sweet scenes with Ye Tan and Youqin in the Heavenly Realm (as shown in the opening/ending credits plus trailers). 

Youku posted this clip and I just realized that until the end, he still worries about her -- telling her to behave herself because he won't be there to protect her anymore. :cry: 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Tofu said:

It would be fun to watch all the Youqins together. 

Omg it would be a hoot.  I can already imagine the chaos that would follow, Ye Tan freaking out, and Man Man's reaction of, "Isn't this what you wanted?  You're getting what you wanted."  Hahaha.  

I'm glad this drama is devoid of love triangles too. I feel exactly as you do about them, @Tofu!  

And with all the lovey dovey images they keep showing us in the credits, etc., this drama had better give us a happy ending for Ye Tan and Shaodian Youqin!!! 

• Like 1

My Fanfics

Mei You Qing....hahaha! The things he'll do for money is hilarious. Despite what happened at the end, they were both beautiful at their wedding. :wow:

TSL-07-T.gif

29 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

And with all the lovey dovey images they keep showing us in the credits, etc., this drama had better give us a happy ending for Ye Tan and Shaodian Youqin!!! 

I wonder if Shaodian Youqin will retain his memories as La Mu, Mei You Qing, and Wen Ren. I really hope he does, because how painful would it be for Ye Tan if he doesn't remember anything. :cry:

Qing Kui continues to show us how grounded she is in her conviction to make sure all four realms live in harmony. Being in love with Chao Feng does not change her values and what she thinks is the right thing to do. I really hope he sees this soon, because she's exactly what he needs in his life. His nights are a little warmer because of her. She is the light in his life and I would hate for him to lose it. 

Qing Heng is so cute! He's definitely feeling a bit like a third wheel with all the couples around him. His comment wondering about how Hu Sui is doing is adorable. I hope we go back to the Heavenly Realm soon so we can see their love blossom. :heart:

Stills.

0084q40egy1hbi61cihduj31910u0468.jpg

Spoiler

0084q40egy1hbi33o6nvdj31jk1111kx.jpg

0084q40egy1hbi347eonbj31jk111b29.jpg

Spoiler

0084q40egy1hbi31rlbjxj31jk111e65.jpg
0084q40egy1hbi31zrft7j31jk111x3p.jpg
0084q40egy1hbi33cvh2sj356o3gghea.jpg
0084q40egy1hbi33wfu2rj31jk1114nx.jpg
0084q40egy1hbi35kpn4lj31jk1114qp.jpg
0084q40egy1hbi35th0c6j31jk1117w5.jpg
0084q40egy1hbi357mdskj34mo334u1a.jpg

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Tofu said:

I wonder if Shaodian Youqin will retain his memories as La Mu, Mei You Qing, and Wen Ren. I really hope he does, because how painful would it be for Ye Tan if he doesn't remember anything

That's a good question. I hope so because then he'll also know the lengths Ye Tan went to bring him back to life. And also because this is their courtship process, basically.  It allows Ye Tan to see the different sides of Shaodian Youqin.

4 hours ago, Tofu said:

Qing Kui continues to show us how grounded she is in her conviction to make sure all four realms live in harmony. Being in love with Chao Feng does not change her values and what she thinks is the right thing to do. I really hope he sees this soon, because she's exactly what he needs in his life. His nights are a little warmer because of her. She is the light in his life and I would hate for him to lose it.

I completely understand why Chaofeng is pursuing the crown prince position.  But I hate how that process brings him into an inevitable battle with the Heavenly Realm.  It makes me soooo nervous, as it's akin to a civil war at that point, pitting the sisters and their loved ones against each other.  That's why I really appreciate Qing Kui and all that she's doing to prevent Chaofeng from making what she knows will only be a ruinous mistake (not just for him, but for all the people in the four realms).  I hope Chaofeng will see soon the wisdom of Qing Kui's words -- perhaps the arrival of his second brother and his stepmother will aid in that process.  

I have to say I am also absolutely loving how the switch of brides has turned out to be exactly what the men and their respective realms needed.  It's no wonder the heavenly bridge recognized Ye Tan as Shaodian Youqin's fated bride.  That only means the same is true of Qing Kui and Chaofeng.

• Like 1

My Fanfics

I realize I'm stating the obvious when I saw this, but it needs to be said anyway.  The Void Empress is the worst.  And it is pathetic how her son, the Second Prince, can't do anything without her.  But that also only serves to highlight just how evil a person she is.

My hope is that Chaofeng will need the aid of the others, including the Heavenly Realm, to take down the Empress and her son, and that by doing so, that will help to restore order among the realms.  After all it seems clear Chaofeng doesn't really have a beef with the other realms other than the fact that his father has made it a condition to being the next crown prince.  But if we can eliminate the competition through other means... and the Void Princess and the Second Prince are not worth keeping around!  They're a danger and menace to all.

• Like 1

My Fanfics

1 hour ago, Yana said:

Giirrllllssss...I AM BACKKK!!!!! After having a fever for two days and not watching four episodes... a lot needs to catch up!:smile:

Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear you've been ill. Hopefully a good run of Starry Love episodes will have you feeling better in no time.

Today's eps... Chaofeng, Chaofeng.... the truth providing him with the perfect Noble Idiocy excuse... sigh.  

• Like 2

My Fanfics

5 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear you've been ill. Hopefully a good run of Starry Love episodes will have you feeling better in no time.

Today's eps... Chaofeng, Chaofeng.... the truth providing him with the perfect Noble Idiocy excuse... sigh.  

Chaofeng....Chaofeng......Chaofeng......Chaofeng......Chaofeng.....Chaofeng:PikachuFacePalm:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

I'm four episodes behind because work got really busy. What's going on with Chaofeng?!

Omg, so much!  You gotta catch up!

Spoiler

The Second Prince and Void Empress caught up to Ye Tan, Mei You Qing, etc., but Chaofeng flew in with his men to save them.  Now directly and outwardly at odds with his brother and stepmother, the Void Empress gains the upper hand by calling up Chaofeng's mother who she had captured and bound the moment he left the Void Realm.  With his mother's life on the hand, he agrees to quit the Crown Prince race but that's enough for the Void Empress as she knows he could always go back against his word later.  To ensure that he will no longer be a threat, she exchanges his mother's life for him taking a pill that will seal the powers in his body.  Chaofeng agrees to this as well.

Once Ye Tan properly meets Chaofeng and the Second Prince and is able to put a name to a face, it doesn't take long for her to figure out that the person who switched their carriages was never the Second Prince but Chaofeng.  She shares this information with Qing Kui who confronts then confronts Chaofeng.  He admits he was behind everything and says he was only doing it to manipulate her into falling in love with him.  Of course, we know that although that might have been his initial purpose, he has long since fallen in love with Qing Kui as well.  He breaks her heart on purpose because with his powers sealed, he can no longer protect her properly and believes this is the best thing for her.

Fortunately, the drama doesn't make us suffer through the Noble Idiocy for an extended period of time.  In today's episode, Qing Kui tries to help her sister and the others by going to find the Void Empress herself.  She explains that her sister is looking for the shards of Shaodian Youqin and offers to even help the Void Empress and Second Prince find them.  Of course, Qing Kui doesn't actually intend to help the Void Empress and Second Prince; she leads them back to Youwou Village, buying time for Ye Tan to make the third shard fall in love with her.  Once they arrive at Youwou Village the Void Empress figures out they've been tricked and starts to lash out at Qing Kui, but Chaofeng once again swoops in.  Because he uses his powers, though, this unleashes the poison that was in the pill.  The poison spreads quickly and by the time Qing Kui and Chaofeng's right hand man get Chaofeng back to where the others are staying, Chaofeng is nearly on his deathbed.  Di Lan Jue and his men are able to heal Chaofeng, but only to the extent of keeping him alive.  Di Lan Jue tells Qing Kui that it's unlikely Chaofeng will get his powers back and he'll have to live as a mortal man.

Qing Kui has by now figured out that Chaofeng didn't really mean everything that he said to her and that he loves her.  As she loves him back, she tells Ye Tan that she'd be content with finding a place for the two of them to settle down and live out the rest of their lives in peace.  

That's where Chaofeng's story is, currently, but I am sure a way will be found later for him to restore his powers.  

Previews for tomorrrow: The revival of Shaodian Youqin!!!!!!

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

My Fanfics

OMG!! Why did do much happen already?! :shocked2:

The Void Empress is something else. She just needs to stay in the Void Realm forever. My BFF calls the Second Prince a mama's boy and it seems like she's not wrong. He has the Void Empress do everything for him! 

Urgh, how frustrating! These Void Realm people! :pandarage2:

I need to catch up before going to bed today. I want to wake up to Youqin's revival (I saw the preview clip). 

New Stills. 

• Like 2