The Starry Love 星落凝成糖 [2023]

Tofu

Thoughts after watching Episode 25

Spoiler

So heartbreaking watching the Shards find out the truth about their existence, and Ye Tan's reluctance for them to return to an emotionless existence as Shaodian Youqin.  It's so self-sacrificing to allow them to live freely as themselves... but on the other hand, I totally understand Qing Heng and Zi Wu's reluctance and sense of urgency.  They know that without their brother, Doom is headed for them all.

And... that is exactly what happened.  The Void Empress caught up to them.  How is it that there is only one person that can keep the Void Empress in control?  Hrmph.  In any event...

SHAODIAN YOUQIN IS RESTORED!!!!!

That was a pretty awesome moment, even if it was also sad to say farewell to the Shards.  How much did I love that it was Lamu who figured out first that he should hold onto the other two for their powers to combine?  So precious, Lamu!  Also, I love how excited Chaofeng's mom looked at watching Shaodian Youqin revive himself.  Haha.  That was another sort of precious!

And now that Shaodian Youqin is alive.... ding dong, Second Prince is dead!!!!

Hope that one stays dead.  No restorations for him, please!

Can't wait to see where the story goes from here now... it's sad because I can already see a battle breaking out within the Heavenly Realm.  While everyone else looked thrilled at the Shaodian Youqin's return, there was one person who did not.  Found it very telling the way the Emperor probed Shaodian Youqin about whether he had his emotions still.  I think he does and is suppressing them on purpose in front of dad.  Which is what made that reunion scene between him and Ye Tan so heartbreaking.  You can see how he wanted to express care and concern, but with his dad watching intently behind him, he didn't dare utter a peep and so Ye Tan thinks the heartless, emotionless Shaodian Youqin is back.  Let's hope she figures out quickly that it's all an act! 

• Like 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

Ahhhhhhh Episode 26 was everything we hoped for.

Spoiler

Shaodian Youqin does retain all his memories from the shards!!!  And Ye Tan knows.  I love his love confession, especially the part where he tells her that he doesn't care whether she's Ye Tan or Qing Kui.  He just loves her.  :love:

But Chaofeng and Qing Kui . . . I'm worried about what awaits them.  That's a worrisome ending!  I just want to pack up all the people we love and send them to a safe and happy place.  A place where there's no Void Empress, Void Tyrant, or the Heavenly Emperor.  

• Like 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

36 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Ahhhhhhh Episode 26 was everything we hoped for.

Hide contents

But Chaofeng and Qing Kui . . . I'm worried about what awaits them.  That's a worrisome ending!  I just want to pack up all the people we love and send them to a safe and happy place.  A place where there's no Void Empress, Void Tyrant, or the Heavenly Emperor.  

Remember when Qing Kui said she wanted to stay with him forever, even though he no longer had power. Lives with CF in peace, with no worries or pain.

• Like 1

OMGGGGG!! Episode 26!!! :shocked2::heart:

I should really have more words than OMG but both episodes have just been OMG to me, but in opposite ways! Haha! Got to finish the episode and then will be back to comment.

New Stills.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Tofu said:

OMGGGGG!! Episode 26!!! :shocked2::heart:

I should really have more words than OMG but both episodes have just been OMG to me, but in opposite ways! Haha! Got to finish the episode and then will be back to comment.

New Stills.

Me tooooo....currently watching episode 26!!!!

• Like 1
9 hours ago, themarchioness said:

No restorations for him, please!

Haha, yes please! 

Shaodian Youqin = Please revive.

Chaofeng = Please regain all your power.

Second Prince = Thank you, next. 

:lmao2::lmao2:

9 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Found it very telling the way the Emperor probed Shaodian Youqin about whether he had his emotions still.

I don't get it either. Does one need to be emotionless to have the celestial power? Youqin is already so powerful with his emotions. He was able to do that much damage to the Void Empress and their army. Maybe this celestial power is ignited by someone's morals and you need to have emotions to have morals -- emotions increase your awareness and allows you to form opinions on what is morally right and wrong. 

3 hours ago, themarchioness said:

I love his love confession, especially the part where he tells her that he doesn't care whether she's Ye Tan or Qing Kui.  He just loves her. 

I screamed when I watched this because I am so happy the drama didn't make this into some unnecessary separation or a series of depressed scenes between them! :yoongibtscheer:

-----------

This is so cute! Youqin is just smiling at Ye Tan as she's talking. I can't even remember what she was talking about in the scene. LOL!

TSL-10.gif

The three we will miss even though they are part of Youqin now. :cry:

TSL-08.gif

• Heart Eyes 2
3 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Haha, yes please! 

:lmao2::lmao2:

I don't get it either. Does one need to be emotionless to have the celestial power? Youqin is already so powerful with his emotions. He was able to do that much damage to the Void Empress and their army. Maybe this celestial power is ignited by someone's morals and you need to have emotions to have morals -- emotions increase your awareness and allows you to form opinions on what is morally right and wrong. 

I screamed when I watched this because I am so happy the drama didn't make this into some unnecessary separation or a series of depressed scenes between them! :yoongibtscheer:

-----------

This is so cute! Youqin is just smiling at Ye Tan as she's talking. I can't even remember what she was talking about in the scene. LOL!

The three we will miss even though they are part of Youqin now. :cry:

Youqin 2.0 is the best; I can't get enough of the lovely scenes with Yetan.:wow: I love how he switched all three characters into one body. He's stingy,:laugh: giving that 'used soup' as a gift. I forgot that fairy's name. I don't like the heavenly king, is he afraid of his own son? I really hope CF is okay. It looks like he wants to turn himself in to his father and accept his punishment. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Yana said:

Youqin 2.0 is the best; I can't get enough of the lovely scenes with Yetan. I love how he switched all three characters into one body.

He's so playful now! I love it! :laugh:

TSL-12.gif

8 minutes ago, Yana said:

I really hope CF is okay. It looks like he wants to turn himself in to his father and accept his punishment. 

Based on the second part of his preview, it seems like he will sacrifice himself to save the members of his army. :cry:

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Hahahahaha, love how you put that!  It's so true.

17 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I don't get it either. Does one need to be emotionless to have the celestial power? Youqin is already so powerful with his emotions.

His dad seems to fear a version of him with emotions.  Maybe Dad knows that's where the real power is -- after all, in one of the earlier eps, when Shaodian Youqin spent all that time trying to pull off that ultimate power, it was only after Ye Tan told him to let go and feel, or something like that, that it all came together.  I've noticed that ever since then, Dad's been wary of him.  Whereas everyone was excited that he'd cultivated and learned the ultimate power thingy (whatever it's called; I can't remember) - after all, it is the thing that restored Guixi - Dad gave him the side-eyed look.  I think he's afraid of his son overtaking him and that's just pathetic. He should be glad to know that he's got a worthy successor.  After all, Shaodian Youqin isn't the type either to kill his dad to take over.  He'd wait his turn.

20 minutes ago, Yana said:

Youqin 2.0 is the best; I can't get enough of the lovely scenes with Yetan.

Omg... I both love it, but also, get nervous for them.  I'm so afraid Dad will find out their real feelings because their love for each other just radiates from them.  

But yeah, it's been a hoot watching how the the three shards are still part of Shaodian Youqin. I mean, who didn't laugh when he asked his right-hand man if he shouldn't dye his hair another color?!  Hahaha.

I'm worried for Chaofeng and Qing Kui in tomorrow's ep... :scaredpanda2:

• Like 2

My Fanfics

I have such mad respect for Qing Kui.  She was introduced to us as the "weakest" - the one who was raised as a hothouse flower, the one who didn't have any physical strength or magical powers, the one who just knew how to sit pretty, brew a proper pot of tea, and enjoy the fine arts.  But man, she may be the strongest in body, mind, and spirit!  I love her resoluteness, the way she sees things so clearly, and those incredible orator skills.  Qing Kui was born to be a lawyer!  

I clapped at her speech, how she put Daddy Void in his rightful place, and then clasped my hands over my heart when she told Chaofeng how she was going to marry him in that dungeon no matter what.  Okay, I didn't really do all those things with my hands, but I was feeling it.  Haha!  

I'm just so proud of Qing Kui.

And Chaofeng?  The way all his men knelt before him in the dungeon, that just goes to show you.  He's more than worthy to be the next leader of the Void Realm.  None of his other brothers would be able to command that amount of loyalty from their men.  Chaofeng is a natural born leader.

As for Shaodian Youqin and Ye Tan?  Today's ep was full of adorableness for them.  The whole mahjong thing was hilarious - I especially loved how Ye Tan asked whether he remembered how to play and the looks they gave each other as they agreed to collude against the masters.  But then Ye Tan "winning" the right to keep all the earnings?  Awww... you could see Shaodian Youqin's heart breaking at the way she was unknowingly sharing how she was raised.  I love how Ye Tan's ready to put it behind her, to see the positive in things, despite the way she was treated as a child -- that, too, is a different kind of strength.

In short, our mortal sisters really rocked it in today's episode!  

• Clapping Hands 2

My Fanfics

36 minutes ago, Yana said:

The angst is coming...gotta prepare our heart:pandarage2:

i was watching an interview yesterday with the actress/actor playing Qing Kui and Chaofeng. When asked if they could share a spoiler for the second half of the drama, they immediately protested and said they could not.  When pressed, Chaofeng replied (something along the lines of) - we don't need to provide any spoilers, our viewers have watched a lot of dramas and know better than us!  When you have sweetness, what must follow is sadness.

He's not wrong... so yeah, here we go!!!  Let the rollercoaster begin.

• Shocked 2

My Fanfics

WHYYYYY?! :letalQQ:

But I guess Chen Muchi (Chaofeng) is not wrong. I waited until today so I can watch both episodes together. And your comment about Qing Kui ( @themarchioness) makes me so excited to watch the episode with her today. 

On 3/2/2023 at 10:45 PM, Yana said:

can you CF and QK gif..plsss

Yes, of course! :heart:

• Like 1

An interesting development with our Cilantro Fairy in today's episode.  I'm curious to know who was behind the framing of her people -- the Immortals?!  

I was surprised, but pleased, at how quickly Chaofeng and Qing Kui's prison stint was resolved.  The speech Chaofeng's mother gave really cleared up a lot of things and provided context for why Daddy Void was so determined to make his sons fight for the crown prince position.  I'm glad she was able to make him see reason in the end, though, and help him find an alternative path for Void Realm's future.  If only Void Empress didn't still exist to mess everything up... as we know she will.

And now in tomorrow's episodes, we have more antics from that Bi Qiong fairy to look forward to... ugh.  Why does she still look so hopeful whenever Shaodian Youqin shows up?!  Surely she should've figured out by now that she has no hope or a prayer?  Ugh.

• Like 2

My Fanfics

3 hours ago, themarchioness said:

An interesting development with our Cilantro Fairy in today's episode.  I'm curious to know who was behind the framing of her people -- the Immortals?!

Same here! I am intrigued now. The flower they talk about is in the soul of Ye Tan and Qing Kui, right? It seems like there are more truth to what happened. 

I thought it was cute how Qing Heng recited his confession before going to meet Husui. It's too bad he won't be able to tell her. 

The preview -- Youqin is going to get hurt, right? Whatever he is working looks like the clip of him in the opening song. 

Screenshots of that scene I'm talking about. 

Spoiler

Screenshot-20230304-215805-You-Tube.jpg
Screenshot-20230304-215745-You-Tube.jpg
Screenshot-20230304-215715-You-Tube.jpg
Screenshot-20230304-215704-You-Tube.jpg

• Sad 1
4 hours ago, Tofu said:

The flower they talk about is in the soul of Ye Tan and Qing Kui, right? It seems like there are more truth to what happened. 

Yep!

Who really is to blame for everything? That’s quite the question!

4 hours ago, Tofu said:

The preview -- Youqin is going to get hurt, right? Whatever he is working looks like the clip of him in the opening song. 

I think so, too. Preparing my heart in advance! 

• Like 2

My Fanfics

7 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Who really is to blame for everything? That’s quite the question!

Will Ye Tan sacrifice herself at the end? She is the part of the flower that will absorb impurities. Will she be the one to put a stop to the chaos in Guixu? Or will both Ye Tan and Qing Kui sacrifice because they are connected? 

It's finale week! So much to uncover, but I love the preview of Chaofeng and Youqin being brother-in-laws. Haha! 

• Like 2
On 2/23/2023 at 10:47 PM, Tofu said:

@OsmanthusTea Are you going to watch this one?!

I AM!!!! :Ghastlel:  I was waiting for more eps released, I started when they released 25 eps...Before that I binged The Blood of Youth and The League of Noblemen, both are awesome!!

I'm up to date with the eps....Daddy Heavenly Emperor is taking home The Worst Dad of XianXia World Award. Based upon his attitude toward his DIL, he is totally the baddies who genocide the whole tribe of Hu Sui (The Coriander Fairy). Hu Sui's tribesmen is related closely to the plant(?) the twin princesses originated from. Both the plant and the tribe were annihilated by Heavenly Tribe because of a legend or something like that. Now, he is trying to removes DIL because he believes she is the harbinger of calamities. The same story.....

I noticed the angst is approaching, Emperor is hell bent in destroying the princesses and Qing Kui sacrifices herself for Ye Tan and Ye Tan pushes You Qin away during a kind of explosion and she turns coat into Purple-Black Clad Baddie Lass and trying to kills the Emperor.

I'm excited.....whooohooo!!!

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Who's incredibly disgusted by the Heavenly Emperor right now?  Raise your hand!!!

Has there ever been a person so short-sighted?  If he was less tyrannical, less judgmental, and more accepting, he'd have both a son and an heir right now.  Instead, he has neither.  What an awesome ruler - clap, clap, clap.  (That's sarcasm, in case you couldn't read through the tone.)

So the Empyrean consort is Ye Tan... as was pointed out, she was recognized by the Love Bridge.  Their own bridge, their own rules,Bi  they should know how this works.  If she was recognized by the bridge then all that means is Ye Tan was always the fated one, and not the one they'd always planned for (Qing Kui).  Sigh...

Poor Shaodian Youqin, having to suffer all those thunderbolts.  But how suave he looked doing so!  And I love how he declared his love for Ye Tan so bravely in front of everyone.  Think Bi Qiong will finally give up now?

A pickle in the heavens, a pickle in the void realm . . . can't wait to see how Qing Kui and Chaofeng get out of that mess.  I especially can't wait to see the sisters back by their father's side with their men next to each other.  That actually looks fun and I'm looking forward to some lighthearted moments after today's Stress Fest.  

Honestly, the crappy dads in the Heavenly and Void worlds are making the Mortal Emperor look not so bad these days.  From the little glimpses we get, it actually seems like Ye Tan's father does have affection for her.  It's her "fate" and the people around him that have made him hold back.  I'm really hoping by the end of this drama, he'll cast all those things aside and give in to his real feelings so that Ye Tan and her father can have at true father-daughter relationship.  I think both need it! 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

My Fanfics