• Yoon Bora - Joo Young Mi

Season 3's New Casts

• Lee Sin Young - Youngest doctor joining Doldam Hospital

• Lee Hong Nae - Military doctor

Season 3's Cameo

• Yoo Yeon Seok - Kang Dong Joo

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Party! 2

2021.09.09 “Dr. Romantic” Reported To Launch Season 3 With Han Suk Kyu And Ahn Hyo Seop + SBS Comments

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dr. Romantic” may be returning with a new season!

On September 9 (2021), industry representatives reported that the SBS medical drama will begin production for “Dr. Romantic 3” next year and premiere in Winter 2022. The report stated that Han Suk Kyu and Ahn Hyo Seop will be returning for the new season along with Director Yoo In Shik, who also led the first two seasons.

In response to the report, SBS clarified, “We have started discussions regarding production of a third season,” and commented regarding the cast, “Nothing has been decided yet.”

“Dr. Romantic” aired its first season in 2016 with a cast including Han Suk Kyu, Yoo Yeon Seok, Seo Hyun Jin, Kim Min Jae, and Yang Se Jong and the second season in 2020 with actors including Han Suk Kyu, Ahn Hyo Seop, Lee Sung Kyung, Kim Min Jae, and So Ju Yeon.

source

• Star Struck 1
  • Party! 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

No news yet. He's probably stuck with Poong...?

I looked and they are not done filming Poong so that means he probably won't be in season three. If he does, maybe just a small cameo? I hope they can make it work, it won't be the same without him. :cry:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

@Tofu I read that the Dr Romantic 3 Production Team sent him a coffee truck recently. So maybe...?

Other than that, the following are marked in red are casts that will reprise their roles. I honestly wish they ditch actor Im Won Ho who plays Jang Gi Tae. I think his character is pointless to the storylines and most importantly I don't ever find him funny.

72f858d3gy1h7qn26w5vaj20wi1bm48e.jpg
72f858d3gy1h7qn2aokfvj20wi1bndpf.jpg

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I think his character is pointless to the storylines and most importantly I don't ever find him funny.

But he knew all the wrong rumors! :laugh:

I'm glad some of the core cast members are coming back! It would not be the same without them especially the head nurse. I will wait for Doldam's only male nurse to confirm, because Poong will has to end filming soon...right? Do they need to film for this long? They plan on airing in January! They should be done by now. Haha!

I didn't care too much about Park Min Guk's team so if they do not return, that's fine. I'm interested to see how the new doctors will fit in though! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Tofu True. Jin Kyung as the Head Nurse is a crucial character to the Doldam team. There's no reason for her not to be there either, given her back story and age (unless she retires or dies). Eun Tak is young so they could easily make up an excuse saying he was sent overseas for further training. But yes, Poong aimed to air early next year and considered they've already started filming, I'd think he has the time for this drama 😊.

Now all I need is Yang Se Jong to return. He's also already filming his new drama so I'm sure he also has time for this one! Otherwise, can we have all the casts return for the last 3-4 episodes for the grand finale of S3 - presenting their "special oddball project".

Park Min Guk is taking on the role of the Head of Doldam hospital since the original one died. I don't think his other team will stay though. They were never meant to stay for long anyway.

I'm pretty sure the two young ones will be a rehash of S1 - being a GS and like competing with one another. :laugh:Aish, I'd rather watch Seo Woo Jin and Do Im Beom bump heads!

• Like 3

Kim Min Jae Confirmed To Return For “Dr. Romantic 3”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Good news for “Dr. Romantic” fans: on-screen couple Kim Min Jae and So Ju Yeon will be reuniting for Season 3!

On November 5, Kim Min Jae’s agency Nyam Nyam Entertainment confirmed that the actor would be returning for the upcoming third season of the hit drama. The agency announced, “Kim Min Jae is set to appear in the SBS drama ‘Dr. Romantic 3,’ which is scheduled to air in the first half of next year.”

“Kim Min Jae grew together with ‘Dr. Romantic,'” continued the agency. “He is an actor who believes the flow of a story is important, and he doesn’t place importance on whether a character is a leading or supporting role.”

They concluded, “He will continue to approach viewers with sincere acting in the future as well, so we ask that you give him lots of love.”

“Dr. Romantic” is a drama that follows the stories of realistic doctors working at a rundown hospital in the countryside. In “Dr. Romantic 3,” Kim Min Jae will be reprising his role as Park Eun Tak, a nurse with a strong sense of responsibility and a firm belief in justice.

Han Suk Kyu, Ahn Hyo Seop, Lee Sung Kyung, Byun Woo Min, Jung Ji Ahn, and So Ju Yeon have all been confirmed to be returning as well—meaning that the much-beloved Eun Tak-Ah Reum couple will be back for the upcoming season.

Are you excited to see more of Kim Min Jae’s character in “Dr. Romantic 3”?

source

• Like 1
  • Party! 2