Newsen Reporter Park Soo In.

The highlight video of 'Blind' has been released.

202209121609516310-2.jpg

In the released highlight video, Detective Ryu Seong Joon (Ok Taecyeon) framed the murder case, Ryu Seong Hoon (Ha Seok Jin), a judge who is trying to find out the truth and Jo Eun Gi (Jung Eun Ji), a social worker, are tracked down.

'click on this link for more details'

'source'

https://m.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202209121609516310

• Like 7

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Yonhap News Reporter Oh Myung Eon.

'Blind', a dense thriller like a mystery novel, started with a rating of 3.4%.

yna1065624913814674-749.jpg

tvN 'Blind.'

According to Nielsen Korea, an audience rating research company on the 17th, the first episode of tvN's Friday - Saturday drama 'Blind' aired at 10:40 pm the day before recorded 3.4%.

In the first episode, the process of assigning nine jurors to the so-called 'Joker Murder Case' which leaves unique traces at each murder scene.

Relentless hot-blooded Detective Ryu Sung Joon (TaecYeon) takes charge of the 'Joker Murder Case' which brutally murdered a college student and after investigation, the suspect Jung Man Chun (Jeon Jin Woo) is brought to the court.

Jung Man Chun denies the charges and states that Ryu Sung Joon was with him at the crime scene and Baek Moon Kang (Kim Pub Lae) the father of the victim and the president who hired Jung Man Chun is actually a so-called 'crazy dog' who imprisoned and abused young boys.

'Blind' is praised for its rapid development and at the same time hiding clues and double lines throughout the drama and inducing viewers to reason, giving the feeling of reading a mystery novel.

Not only the double line related to the murder case, but also the dark past of Ryu Sung Joon the awkward and uncomfortable truth hidden by the Ryu Sung Joon's family and aroused curiosity about the future development.

The directing that captures facial expressions from the actors in close-up also drew attention. Blind drama director Shin Yong Hwi said at the production presentation, "I tried to capture the emotions of the actors rather than portray the murder in calm or plausible way."

'source'

https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=179546412583596

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

@twink_twink_ looks like it's just me and you watching this? :hug:

I liked the 1st episode. It was indeed fast paced and there's enough intrigue to keep me going.  I wonder if the brothers are adopted by the judge family. RSY also calls the restaurant ahjumma as "omma" (mum) , so I am confused about the brothers family lineage / roots.

And further wondering how  RSY ended up as the kid under the plank with blood on his face. Did he and his friends enter a factory or abandoned warehouse they were not supposed to and that is where they met the Crazy Dog? And of course more intrigue when the murder victim's father is Crazy Dog. Considering RSY grew up quite a troubled teen ( which I think was his way of dealing with PTSD from his childhood memories) and that he still has management issues despite being a cop, I can see the drama trying to make us thing that he could be the murderer. 

Spoiler

However , RSH gives me a strange feeling. He was presented as an upright judge who would not bend his principles. Seems like a good son & understands his brother. But somehow when they showed this carving scene, I wondered if he could be the murderer because the skills here is similar to how the girls face was carved. 

Spoiler

Anyway am happy to see Taec & HSJ in these roles. Seems like both have secrets from the past & are layered characters.  And I notice that it's quite gory - very much like the glory days of hard hitting criminal shows when OCN used to be an independent channel ( now this is under TVN which bought over OCN). They don't blur stuff out as much . I did get some chills at the beginning seeing the victim's condition. That's a good thing since I am usually quite desensitized to such things.

Please open with caution

Spoiler

@peperomia @Chocolate @UnniSara would this be something you would be interested to check out? 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

This drama has a very good solid start :

• All the three leads very convincing to me. Taecyeon really had improved a lot now. The Ryu brother and social worker lady, all are interesting as characters. The Ryu older brother seems sincerely worry if the younger Ryu might become a murderer or even already did some. 

• The murder case is chilling and reminded me of classic cult Signal drama, and it seems will be quite complicated. As there is connection between the old case and current case. 

• The court setting with jury trial and now the jury seems will become the murderer target is quite good as a storyline plot. The juror interaction also interesting, the young juror working in customer service seems has interest to Jo Eun Ki. I think she also soon get tangled with the two Ryu brothers too. 

• I always think jury system can be quite questionable in producing the verdict. I think normally their decision just to be used as a suggestion, but the judge will still make the final call ? 

@mademoisellecome here too! Haha... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

the first episode was really solid.  I do wonder how the other three children grew up. One died.  How about the boy who got trapped with bear claw? also the other boy who was with the boy who got run over by the car?   And was Ryu older brother the older boy next to him under the floor.?  

too many Questions!  

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

F1, crime/thiller drama and coffee addict!

FINLAND!

Watched both episodes. It was a good start. Looks like it will revolve around just one case.

I gather both RSY and RSH were orphans who lived at the Hope Welfare Centre. The home is managed by Crazy Dog who is apparently ill-treating the children/using them as slaves. Not shown if the boys eventually escaped or what happened - it seems they were later adopted by the Judge and have done well since - RSY became a police and RSH became a judge. (But the adopted mother seems to be hiding something too.)

Any idea which boy is who? Boy 11 was the smart boy who escaped and reported to the corrupt police, only to be brought back to the Home - I think this should be RSH?

esyWEsl.png

It is a little odd that both RSY and RSH do not seem to remember their childhood. Both did not recognise Crazy Dog, who is the father of the victim of the current case.

Crazy Dog was also in cahoots with a policeman, who is the current chief of RSY's team???

Blind-KD-Jung In Gi.jpg

11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

However , RSH gives me a strange feeling. He was presented as an upright judge who would not bend his principles. Seems like a good son & understands his brother. But somehow when they showed this carving scene, I wondered if he could be the murderer because the skills here is similar to how the girls face was carved.

I had the same thought too, but will keep an open mind.

Though the pace was quite good, and the storyline quite fresh, there were a few cliche parts. Let's hope there will be few of these.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

'Blind' has solidified case to court |  preview stills.

Fc8-ZTQba-UAA4tx-N.jpg

Fc8-ZTQka-EAAU92-G.jpg

Fc8-ZVq-Ra-IAAis0-Z.jpg

Spoiler

Fc8-ZTQga-MAAjubl.jpg

'source'

Spoiler

https://twitter.com/CJnDrama/status/1571665379478458375

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 6