Whale Couple 🐳❤️🐋 TaeBin (Kang Tae Oh x Park Eun Bin ) & WooHo (Woo Young Woo x Lee Jun Ho)

JenL

Ok, I've given into my dark desires & started a thread for these 2  :laugh: I would like to point out that I technically do not hardcore ship, but I love cast chemistry, especially between the leads of this drama...they had such a lovely on-screen romance and were pretty cute together off-screen when playing around and figuring out scenes together. In any case, this is a safe space to talk about Kang Tae Oh x Park Eun Bin // Woo Young Woo x Lee Jun Ho, whether you want to look for crumbs & ship wholeheartedly or just talk about how much you love the characters. Everyone has to be nice though! :heiboi:

🐳❤️🐋 Whale Couple 🐳❤️🐋 

Lee Jun Ho x Woo Young Woo

uuDxjjb.gif

Kang Tae Oh x Park Eun Bin

m8tGSNG.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Party! 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

I keep getting recommended all these shippy type videos 

Actually they  very little crumbs if compared to their other dramas.  However, I think their chemistry is organic  and KTO naturally follow PEB’s lead. As in he’s got this real sense of respect for her - some form of admiration. I also like what she said about his personality being transparent  etc 

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Extract from article 🤓

As for her ideal type, Park Eun Bin shared that she likes someone who is pure and caring, although she has no plans for marriage in the near future.

She explained, "I want a man who takes good care of me, and who I feel comfortable being next to him―like a friend."

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

tumblr-42dbeb2ce40f8165c69681ec61b09abb-

Ten Asia Reporter Tae Yuna.

0000565086-001-20220822090001508.jpg

'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' Kang Tae Oh/Photo Courtesy of Man of Creation.

Actor Kang Tae Oh revealed that he remodeled his parents house. In the drama, Kang Tae Oh took on the role of Lee Jun Ho, an employee of the Song Dance Team of Hanbada, a law firm with melodious eyes, a gentle smile, and kindness.

Kang Tae Oh said that he dreamed of becoming a celebrity since he entered the theater club when he was in elementary school. He said, "It was thrilling to receive the spotlight on stage and to be applauded. Originally, I wanted to go to high school as well, but my mother was against it, it's okay. Now I'm a celebrity, they told me that I have to dress pretty when I go out." he laughed.

After his successful as an actor, he was filial to his parents. Kang Tae Oh said, "We are remodeled the house. My goal was to make my mother quit her job before enlisting and our dream came true. My mother is a bit ill. I told her to quit her job and receive the treatment because I will pay for living expenses. Extraordinary Attorney Woo, thank you for making my wish come true."

BF-30982824-1.jpg

Kang Tae Oh/Photo Courtesy of At Style.

Spoiler

BF-30982827-1.jpg

BF-30982825-1.jpg

BF-30982826-1.jpg

'tap'

source:

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/tv-drama/article/2022081822524

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/topic/article/2022082278534#_enliple

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

On 8/21/2022 at 5:44 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Actually they  very little crumbs if compared to their other dramas.  However, I think their chemistry is organic  and KTO naturally follow PEB’s lead. As in he’s got this real sense of respect for her - some form of admiration. I also like what she said about his personality being transparent  etc 

Prepare for my lunchtime essay about my thoughts about Park Eun Bin & Kang Tae Oh crumbs. (I have obviously read too much about them both and also over analysed this....but at least it's more speculative and not delu) 

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Haha, so coming from Taiwanese dramaland where all the actors (even introverted ones) are super into taking selcas with ther co-stars, are organically playful in all behind the scenes and will generally tease each other in interviews (..And then half the time, Taiwanese actors actually do end up dating and the paparazzi were right the whole time)....I often feel like Kdramaland shipping is pretty bland in general in comparison, no matter who the actors are (again, not that I ship actors) :laugh:  

But I think if people are looking at PEB and KTO, their off-screen chemistry is pretty cute and the crumbs are all embedded in the behind the scenes videos...and I will explain why below:

Maybe it's because they're both similar personalities or maybe it's because their characters have a lot of romancey-touchy-feely scenes, but they're both pretty comfortable around each other and as you say, it seems pretty organic even though those types of scenes might be awkward for some people. I feel like PEB likes teasing him more than past co-stars - she likes to say his lines are cheesey and she play-slaps him and teases his hugging methods by hugging him back and jokes that they had no idea what he was talking about when he saw dolphins - but all in a good natured and fond way :heart: 

TF6bBm1.gif

I think KTO is also quite playful. Often in the past, he didn't have such a strong romance lines with his co-stars and so he was quite chatty in the behind the scenes. In EAW, he has so many shooting scenes with PEB that it feels like the 2 of them really learnt to adapt to each other's personalities, with or without words. With PEB, it feels like he really follows her pace when she's more reserved but also plays along with her when she's more energetic and hyper - I feel like you really saw this with the Dolphin interview...PEB was super chatty so KTO was matched her moods. And I agree,  he probably admires her especially since she's such a good actor, an acting senior and is so gracious.

IQKGsJl.gif

In terms of crumbs outside of the behind the scenes, I think with both KTO and PEB's past projects, it felt like there were more crumbs because there was more promotions for their past projects and promotions that made the stars act coupley. For example, I don't think KTO really posted any personal selcas with Soo Young during Run On but KBS ran a competition where they gave out these cute polaroids where they posed like a couple, so of course that sort of thing becomes a crumb. Haha, it probably helps that Soo Young is openly in a relationship too, so ppl don't really read into things. (PEB and KTO both present themselves as being single to the public, so I guess they also tread that fine line of balancing how close they are as actors/ friends to trying to look 'avaliable' for their fans). PEB had more photoshoots with her Do You Like Brahms and King's Affection co-stars and those magazine interviews and photos became crumbs. According to a lot of the more hardcore PEB fans, EAW was under-promoted with both co-stars together and some people were pretty upset about that  because it meant less crumbs. Not sure why it would be under promoted, but I'm guessing the sensitivities of the topics of this series (ie. it's meant to be about the growth of a lawyer with Autism not simply a romance) and smaller channel may have played a role, then also some people saw it more as a legal drama than a romance at first and then probably both KTO and PEB might have had schedule clashes here and there. Hmmm, but if they do end up doing a season 2, you'd hope they would give them a photo shoot at least! :idk:

But they did give them a final viewing event/ fan meet and that's pretty rare in Korea (in Taiwan there is a closing fan meet for every drama)! And it was nice to see KTO and PEB naturally interact together live as well. Haha, due to the mass of fan girls in the audience, and I think her feelings of being responsible for playing Woo Young Woo as the main character, I feel like PEB was just on best behavour. Like she still play-slapped KTO for pretending to cry :laugh:, but I think she was really quite focused on interacting with the crowd. Also she seemed close to the writer, so there was that catching-up feeling as well. Whereas a lot of people commented that KTO was quite attentive to PEB, especially when it looked like she was going to cry - he looked like he could have hugged her and he was the one who said stuff to her when they were listening to other people's speeches...so I guess if you were looking for crumbs, KTO provided that night  :laugh: 

5H7Rwdk.gif

Oh and lack of selcas = this topic is funny because it can sometimes cause fan wars over nothing. Some people were a bit disappointed that neither of them posted a clear one of them together like they have with past co-stars. But I tend to think that photos are often taken due to managers/ agencies remembering to take them. I feel like PEB had quite few with Rowoon in TKA because everyone got excited whenever she was dressed in girlier outfits and made them take photos together. Still, there were some people who were salty with Namoo for not forcing a selca upon PEB and KTO amongst all the other things people felt they didn't do well to promote this drama compared to TKA :lol:  But PEB did post lots with Hanbada crew and they seem closer all together as a cast. KTO said in an interview that he doesn't like taking photos and often his agency sends him stuff to think about posting. But he did post that cute one that MOC took of him taking sunset photos of PEB. Also we all know from the BTS that he's happy to be her personal photographer...And they mentioned in another interview, there's more unreleased photos on each other's phones, but they don't release it unless everyone consents...think of all that unseen KTO and PEB material in their phones....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Update: I also explain probably why there was no couple photoshoot in a comment further below on this thread if you feel like you neeeeeed to know :)

C53ptT6.jpg

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

tumblr-022d94214c17e5887a0b54835a92e8f6-

By Kim Do Won.

p1065571681096887-948-thum.jpg

Seoul, August 22 (Yonhap) "I get lots of questions like, 'Does Lee Jun Ho really like Woo Young Woo?' and 'Why does he like her that much?' To be simple, love is blind. Doesn't your partner look so lovely when you're blind in love? (laugh) Woo Young Woo's clumsy moments even seemed lovely from Lee Jun Ho's perspective." 

Actor Kang Tae Oh fluttered and touched people's hearts by treating her co-worker Woo Young Woo with a warm heart, as a person, not someone with Autism Spectrum Disorder, on the ENA drama which ended on August 18. 

"Lee Jun Ho is someone who was raised by loving parents, I could tell when I read the character description written by the writer," he said during an interview on August 17, held at a cafe in Yeoksam-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul.

He also said, "Lee Jun Ho wanted to be an attorney like his mom, who he respects the most. However, he couldn't achieve his dream. Although Lee Jun Ho is working in the Legal Affairs and Litigation Team, the way he works hard without any inferiority complex shows how much of a nice person he is. " Lee Jun Ho's family environment also influenced how he treats and loves Woo Young Woo, the brilliant attorney with the Autism Spectrum Disorder.

He said, "Lee Jun Ho has longed for a job as an attorney since he was young and he developed feelings for Attorney Woo when she turned the court upside down with a brilliant idea."

He also explained that the decisive reason for falling in love when he saw Woo Young Woo in a wedding dress, as depicted in the drama.

Some in the audience thought the relationship between Attorney Woo and Lee Jun Ho, "the famous guy," was sudden and Kang Tae Oh answered that question by saying, "It is quite simple to fall in love."

Lee Jun Ho treats Woo Young Woo without prejudice and helps Attorney Woo when she is struggling. He suggests Attorney Woo who has difficulty entering the revolving door to pass through the door as by dancing waltz, also he hugs Woo Young Woo to help her calm down when she suffers from sensory overload.

Kang Tae Oh said, "I studied about the Autism Spectrum Disorder just like Lee Jun Ho did to understand her," and "It was my idea to hug Attorney Woo from behind to calm her down."

It was also Kang Tae Oh's idea to compare Lee Jun Ho and Woo Young Woo's relationship to that of a cat and a butler (a term used in Korea for a person who raise a cat). Writer Moon Ji Won is in charge of the drama "Extraordinary Attorney Woo," said at a recent press conference, "At the first meeting, Kang Tae Oh mentioned that Lee Jun Ho's heart is like a person walking a cat."

Kang Tae Oh said, "While walking a dog, the owner should hold the lead and stop the dog from walking to dangerous spots. But while walking a cat, the owner should take a step behind and pay attention to make sure that the cat is safe. I thought it was quite similar that butlers have to respect the characteristics of cats and take care of them. "

Attorney Woo tends to focus on her world due to her autistic characteristics, begins a relationship with Lee Jun Ho and grows up together.

One of the most memorable scenes Kang Tae Oh chose was when Woo Young Woo and Kang Tae Oh had their first kiss. Attorney Woo is new to everything, asks, "Do you usually hit your teeth like this when kissing?" Lee Jun Ho answers, "It would be nice if you opened your mouth a little more and closed your eyes a little more." He said "I felt a lot of burden about the lines even before the shooting and wasn't sure how I was supposed to act it out." I just expressed how I felt on the scene, and the audience enjoyed it," he smiled. 

The message Lee Jun Ho wants to deliver is expressed well on the "rotating door waltz" scene. Lee Jun Ho didn't tell her to use the door beside or hold the rotating door for her. He helped and waited for her to go over her obstacles so that she could make it. 

Spoiler

p1065571681096887-714-thum.jpg

p1065571681096887-747-thum.jpg

p1065571681096887-607-thum.jpg

p1065571681096887-279-thum.jpg

(C) Yonhap News Agency. All Rights Reserved.

source:

https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065571681096887

• Heart Eyes 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

33 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@JenL  We need to ask our shipping guru @SilverMoonTea about her neutral assessment of this ship . Tea , can see chemistry even in non-existent crumbs. Look at her ships 

:lmao2:Are you sure you all want my opinion? I have thousand ships and none sailing :eeeee:

Btw I just remembered I run competitor ship - Kim Min Jae and Park Eun Bin :pandaheadstomp:

• Haha 2
  • Awesome 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

59 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

:lmao2:Are you sure you all want my opinion? I have thousand ships and none sailing :eeeee:

Btw I just remembered I run competitor ship - Kim Min Jae and Park Eun Bin :pandaheadstomp:

Which you never even ship …did you finish the drama ? 🤣🤣

• Haha 2
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@JenL  We need to ask our shipping guru @SilverMoonTea about her neutral assessment of this ship . Tea , can see chemistry even in non-existent crumbs. Look at her ships 

But she's biased against this ship because it's too sugary for her ... She only likes her forbidden ships. Is it forbbiden if KTO is not allowed any love in the military? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Hahaha you better not curse my PEB and KTO  :psweatduck:  *still continues to deny shipping*

Wait a second, you started that thread?! :lettalKWA: But Do You Like Brahms? was a total sugar fest! 

34 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Which you never even ship …did you finish the drama ? 🤣🤣

Ohhhh, that explains everything. It was a fake ship for Tea  :laugh:

• Haha 2
  • Star Struck 1

3 minutes ago, Yunn said:

Hiiii! I'm new here but so happy to see this Whale couple thread....  May I join you guys!!! 😍😍😍

Hello! Welcome, welcome @Yunn! We love having new people for chats so that we can all fangirl together :Party01::Party01::Party01:

Happy to talk all things PEB x KTO and WYW x LJH, so please feel free to share anything to want to about these 2 - thoughts, pictures, gifs, new findings  :wow: @abs-oluteM and I are more than a little obsessed with Kang Tae Oh at the moment. I'm also a long time Park Eun Bin fan. Aaaand we're pretty chill and non-judgemental about how everyone wants to view PEB and KTO together - whether full shipping or just appreciating the beauty of their characters & how they acted :heart: 

I'm just in the middle of writing another essay about more thoughts I had on PEB x KTO and Behind the scenes...because both of them are currently living in my head rent free. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Heart Eyes 3

Hi hi thanks @JenL !! Tbh I'm a little obsessed with the drama right now and so down cos it's over (for now). Just so good and sweet, our Junho and Youngwoo. Not sure about the leads IRL, though I must say I enjoyed every bts, every Netflix program, the final viewing etc - all opportunities to observe. and in good Junho style, KTO showed subtle actions and reactions - the heart eyes, the side glances, the mirroring... Hmmm hard not to overthink. On the reverse I feel she's being super careful, her being the veteran that she is, almost poker faced, so hard to tell anything.., protecting herself. Why no couple Photoshoot? Was it a agency thing? Did she have one for previous drama? Am curious 🧐

Of cos, all our observations could just be a result of lingering feeling after the drama has wrapped. Both parties will need some time, if there's really anything. But with the huge popularity of the series, the leads and KTO enlisting, it's going to be challenging...don't mean to disrespect PEB or KTO in any way, I admit I don't know them well enough to say if their interactions are sooo different from with their other co-stars. Need to hear from you all @abs-oluteM @JenL the experts. 😍

also, is it safe for us to be talking like this here? Don't want them to be caught in any fan or shipper wars ... Hehehe!

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Hi @Yunn. Welcome to JangHaven. This is most definitely a safe space to talk about this ship since the thread that @JenL created is especially for them. I find it safer to be talking here than on Twitter. LOL...

Am a long time PEB fan and have watched a number of her shows - really stellar career & roles that she has taken on.  I admire her acting skills and dedication to her craft. My affections for KTO started in 2020 when he was in Run On. He was just adorable and always so expressive.  Here in EAW, I think my obsession  has gone through the roof. I love their pairing. Though I understand that EAW is a drama about WYW's journey as someone with ASD, the romance on the show is one of the best I have seen despite little screen time. 

I don't even know if I ship them fully but I do think they have this unspoken understanding between them even without doing much. They work well together.  I know out there folks are sad due to lack of things like selca etc but I think it is kind of interesting that they don't try to hard sell their chemistry. 

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

On 8/23/2022 at 10:31 AM, Yunn said:

Hi hi thanks @JenL !! Tbh I'm a little obsessed with the drama right now and so down cos it's over (for now).

Awww, this is why we created this space so we can still chat about our favourite characters and actors and how cute they were. I'm going to miss this drama for sure, especially when it gets to that stage when the news, interviews etc dry up noticeably  :letalQQ: But till then, KTO seems determined to not let us forget him. :lol:

On 8/23/2022 at 10:31 AM, Yunn said:

I feel she's being super careful, her being the veteran that she is, almost poker faced, so hard to tell anything.., protecting herself. Why no couple Photoshoot? Was it a agency thing? Did she have one for previous drama? Am curious 🧐

I think it's always hard for the female leads if the male leads become too popular because there's so many different groups of people to please - there's the fans who do hardcore ship and then the fans who only like the actors by themselves and are anti-ships. There's the fans who liked them with a past pairing and will be disappointed if they look too comfortable with another actor.Then there's the more regular fans who would like to see cast chemistry between the leads. As a vetran actor, promoting a drama that is more about the personal growth of someone who lives with autism, I think PEB was very careful (and rightfully so) not to sell the behind the scenes as a romance. :MewHi:

But with that said, KTO and PEB are both cute when they go through the scenes anyway and it's a very natural and not overbearing way or as a put-on-act. Cast chemistry naturally comes out if actors are hanging together and having a good time  :heart:

My theory on why no EAW couple shoot

I have never been able to work this one out with K-Dramas because sometimes the best K-dramas get no photoshoot and sometimes K-dramas that do poorly get one :poliWeird:

If I had to guess, I would say it was a scheduling thing between the agencies, the actors and the magazines. Obviously, a magazine has to be prepared monthly and they often plan their spreads in advance and they only have limited space to feature a drama. When they do feature an acting pair, I guess they have to contact the agency/ agencies to figure out a time when both actors can do the shoot. So it's not always easy to organise. Most of the time they do the photoshoot before a drama comes out based on how popular or vanilla they think a drama will be. I think with EAW people were not sure how it would do because again the drama was not sold as a sugary romance, but more as a legal/ personal growth journey...so I don't think the magazines thought about doing a photoshoot. :mine:

But then, the drama did amazingly well...but by that time the magazines had already booked in their models/actors for other shoots. And while it is possible to do a shoot after a drama ends (Eg. they did a shoot for My Liberation Notes leads after the drama ended because this series was well recieved)...by the time EAW was popular, PEB and KTO would probably have been booked out solid as individuals. There's been a million individual PEB and KTO commericials and individual interviews that are coming out now which would have been filmed/ photographed/ conducted a few weeks ago...so I think it would have been extremely hard to have booked both of them together then, especially because they are from different agencies. :idk:

Another reason is that cover shoots/ magazine spreads often (but not always) goes to actors who are both well known. Kang Tae Oh has only transitioned into being a lead recently...like he's been second lead more often and of the very few, short first lead roles he did, he was either not a nice character or not a high profile role. So they would have overlooked him. But not anymore now!

That's why I'm ok with a 2nd season if it does happen because the chances have increased of a couple actor shoot :heart::BulbaOWO:

Edited by JenL
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@JenLthanks for your updates about taebin! i dont normally ship actors/actresses in real life. the last one and thought the only one was binjin as they look so compatible with each other. and feel the same with taebin! of course, dont know what will happen in their personal lives. just hope the best for them in their careers, in their relationships!

though i have a question about the ring on KTO's right hand! is it a ring finger in asian countries? a couple ring? wonder if he thinks that might cause any misunderstanding about his relationship! 

• Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1