Whale Couple 🐳❤️🐋 TaeBin (Kang Tae Oh x Park Eun Bin ) & WooHo (Woo Young Woo x Lee Jun Ho)

JenL

4 hours ago, buguz said:

lowkey shipping these two and discovered this haven.

Welcome @buguz, so lovely of you to join us! Yay, totally understand the lowkey ship! :Party01::Party01::Party01: Feel free to share any thoughts or gif or content you like. I also really like both actors and their characters and their chemistry together  :heart:

4 hours ago, buguz said:

so i've noticed that all of the Swoon's videos for EAW use the character names instead of using the actor names like they normally do. at first i thought the Swoon changed their policies to be sensitive with fan shipping but that's not the case since their latest video on Alchemy of Souls uses the actor names. this is so odd, someone must clearly requested the swoon to do so. the question is why.. any thoughts? 

Heyyy, you're right, I never noticed that! I've always known them to use the actors name for all their drama videos because it's more shippy and probably more people search for the actors names their the character names on Google search (for video views). I don't know if it was a request due to shipping - I think Extraordinary Attorney Woo Young Woo is just different due to the sensitivities around the characters. It might feel wrong to use the actors names when there was already some controversies of an actor portraying a character from the neruodiverse community. So I'm guessing they used the characters names to encourage everything to think of Woo Young Woo's journey in her own right. :heiboi: It makes sense because the topic of this drama is so much more personal for a community of people than say, Alchemy of Souls (though I did enjoy that drama as well and Lee Jae wook is one of my favourites. But it's different because it deals with fantasy stuff rather than something very real) - So there's a lot of precautions around language and the actors avoid giving any lines or acting as the characters outside of the drama. :MewHi:

• Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 9/2/2022 at 2:28 AM, abs-oluteM said:

@JenL I look forward to your goodies. Pls post the links here too if you don’t mind 

Yep for sure! Hahaha, aside from Youtube and here (and occasionally twitter and reddit), I'm very wary of posting drama stuff on other sites due to polarising opinions on fangirling :laugh:

On 9/2/2022 at 4:03 AM, taebinfan said:

@abs-oluteMis there an eng-translated vid of his fan meeting? keep searching yt and only bits and pieces of some of his meeting!

Not sure if anyone filmed/ screen recorded that. I totally would have, but my phone doesn't have enough space. I'd assume TikTok wouldn't care about reposts because they live off that type of stuff? :thinking:

On 9/2/2022 at 6:08 AM, twink_twink_ said:

On August 29, the sandwich store brand 'Subway' released a new CF video clip, featuring actor Kang Tae Oh. Here, Kang Tae Oh portrayed various roles, including a part-time Subway store worker, Lee Jun Ho from 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo', a shy character taking note of the best sandwich orders, and a military soldier.

In particular, acting as Lee Jun Ho, Kang Tae Oh parodied his own popular line from the drama 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo', telling the part-time worker, "But I'm Sob. Sob. Is upset (Korean term for 'upset' or ' sad')".

This Subway ad made me laugh. I think while PEB has to be really sensitive for her character, KTO doesn't because Jun Ho is boyfriend material/ guy next door and so he is getting pulled out in a lot of CFs and basically every video :laugh:

On 9/3/2022 at 12:40 AM, abs-oluteM said:

@JenL @taebinfan This Elle interview will surely set a lot of imaginations on fire 

With subs for deep analysis! :laugh:

Hahaha, ahhh, I love this interview. It has sent most of the Taebin nation into a frenzy  :laugh::laugh::laugh: I've seen so many videos and pictures that quote something he said from this video. Everything from he doesn't care about age when he comes to dating, to the eye contact thing etc. 

KTO came off as very adorably cheeky in this interview. He thought people nicknamed him as fox due to Jun Ho...no, it's because he totally is one :cool:

On 9/3/2022 at 5:08 AM, taebinfan said:

@abs-oluteMhe said in previous interviews that he dated older women mostly, only once with a younger woman! he likes a woman who cooks well! one thing for sure about his type is has to be cute!

really like KTO's clear principles when it comes to relationship! guess he must be having hard time discerning PEB's eye contacts! :lol:

Hahaha KTO's taste works out conveniently well here... :smug:

• Star Struck 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

4 hours ago, taebinfan said:

@JenLthanks for the thorough info about her fanmeet! she must be busy practicing the songs in the past few weeks, and so glad that she could celebrate her 30th birthday with her fans! it must be one touching and exciting moment for her!

Yeah, she cried when she saw the birthday messages and fans holding birthday signs and they brought out the big (fake) cake

Here's some pictures from Namoo's CEO: https://www.instagram.com/p/CiC-BOLpoM7/

4 hours ago, taebinfan said:

if there was cheers for KTO, then how did the fans react to the other past male leads showing up on the screen? am not comparing, but see if people are still focusing on the latest pairing. think the only actress who can invite her male co-stars to her fanmeet is park shin hye! she is buddy to lots of male celebrities! doubt KTO wants to get into any rumors before he gets enlisted!

Haha, so I'd say people were happy to see all her co-stars, but the excitement for KTO was slightly more. It could be because in that clip they played, there's one frame that just says KTO smiling by himself before it shows both of them. And that sequence is just so cute. The clip with Rowoon was short and it was the confession - like 'don't come any closer' type scene. But it was pretty short and in the dark.. And then the sequence with Kim Min Jae was longer - it was when her character confessed to him, but people were more focused on PEB as she was the one doing the confessing. All in all, people are still excited by EAW bcause it's her latest project and they like KTO too :heart:

No, don't think she or her agency would ever invite her co-stars. PEB keeps a pure image that makes her avaliable to all fans and I think she wants to keep it this way. Not to mention, she does have a lot of male fans in real life - The crowd was full of them! So I don't think she wants to alienate them :heiboi:

As for her lifestyle - she's a maximalist, but I think she meant with cute and sentimental objects. She doesn't often show off brands. I get that - I'm also a maximalist with lots of stuff, but not branded stuff. People get the wrong idea of maximalism because minimalism is in vogue at the moment, but both styles are just up to th person :idk:

ALSO forgot to mention before, they asked PEB what type of drama she'd like to do next and she said she's never done a romcom soooo...(In my mind, pls, pls, pls do a romcom with KTO!) :wow2:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@JenLguess they were careful in picking out scenes with her male leads, especially people keep comparing her with rowoon vs her with KTO, and also rowoon kept talking about their friendship or interaction even when eaw was aired (which i personally found it quite inappropriate whatever the circumstance caused him to have this response)! considering less interaction or skinship with KTO in this project, her fans must really KTO!

after eaw, PEB has to partner with more experienced male leads! she did stove with NGM, but she was more of a supporting role! to me, KTO by far is an actor who can match up to her acting level. certainly he is not as experienced as she is! when she led well, then he got the job done marvelously, like in the first kissing scene for youngwoo as he described!

me too would love to see her in romcom with KTO, like that yt vid! their chemistry and acting would explode! hope she wont get any romcom offer until KTO returns from military!

rewatched eaw press conference - pd Yoo didnt seem to favor a s2; wonder if there might be some conversation happened with PEB. his objective is to protect this project!

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

I accidentally found this, would you mind if i join in? As for peb's unnatural response to the scene of eaw on her FM, some fans have also found it. She didn't watch the screen when kto came up alone. I don't know whether it is because she is very careful about the role of wyw or because she was very careful about kto. Korean netizens discussed it in DC, and some Chinese netizens also discussed it on Weibo.Weibo is similar to twitter and it is easier to use for overseas users. If you are interested, you can register for Weibo, search the tag #peb_kto#, and join their discussion.

I am looking forward to kto's new movie,and hoping he can participate in the promotion of films before enlistment. According to the custom , the leading actor will record some programs and participate in screenings. I wonder if he could leave some materials in advance.

• Like 2
On 9/1/2022 at 11:03 PM, JenL said:

Haha also I love the new interview that was released. Haha, he's still so charming 

he is adorb!! lol. the guy has zero filter and im living for it lol. no wonder the Run On cast adores him. tbh i still cant quite read PEB but she did list like 4-5 great traits abt him on one of the swoon videos though so here we are 🥲

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
50 minutes ago, cico said:

As for peb's unnatural response to the scene of eaw on her FM

i found that so odd, and then kto just casually dropped a cute post of them bts of the bluray commentary, being cute and friendly like nothing is awkward. i recalled he said that each photo must be approved by everyone for posting so peb must be okay with it. lol perplexed 🥲

btw im new too! 

• Heart Eyes 2

@buguz @cicowelcome aboard, i'm new by a few days earlier than you all!

am confused about your comment

2 hours ago, cico said:

peb's unnatural response to the scene of eaw on her FM, some fans have also found it. She didn't watch the screen when kto came up alone.

what is her unnatural response? she froze? she saw him on the screen and immediately looked away, or she knew it was him and didnt look at the screen? what exactly was that scene about? was it about the final revolving door scene? if she was that uncomfortable with a solo KTO scene, then sure she could have objected to put it up there! sure she knew the rundown of her fanmeet. she is usually very professional and self-controlled; can hardly catch unnatural response on her!

what are the discussion in korean and chinese forums? 

dont think it's odd for KTO to put the bluray commentary in his ig. it's to promote the bluray, especially he'll be gone for his enlistment soon!

Edited by taebinfan
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@buguz @cicointeresting!!! :thinking:

thanks @cico

most likely trying to avoid any criticism or negative comments about wyw esp the loveline in public! afterall, it was her first fan meeting since debut! no matter how positive she is,  wouldnt want controversy to ruin it!

she must have mixed emotions about this eaw project. it solidifies her acting status in the industry and advances her to stardom, and yet the stress and the worries she has carried during that 8-month period probably makes her want to move on from this project as soon as possible!

in that case, it's best for KTO to fulfill his military obligation after this drama. hope the character in his movie will help fans to focus on his versatile acting and can give PEB room to breathe and to rest!

Edited by taebinfan
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
25 minutes ago, taebinfan said:

@buguz @cicowelcome aboard, i'm new by a few days earlier than you all!

am confused about your comment

what is her unnatural response? she froze? she saw him on the screen and immediately looked away, or she knew it was him and didnt look at the screen? what exactly was that scene about? was it about the final revolving door scene? if she was that uncomfortable with a solo KTO scene, then sure she could have objected to put it up there! sure she knew the rundown of her fanmeet. she is usually very professional and self-controlled; can hardly catch unnatural response on her!

dont think it's odd for KTO to put the bluray commentary in his ig. it's to promote the bluray, especially he'll be gone for his enlistment soon!

peb saw him on the screen alone and immediately looked away, and the scene was about the final revolving door scene.The discussion in korean forums is quite different and maybe it  is too difficult to understand Korean Internet-related expressions.In chinese forums,cp fans think she did her best to avert suspicion but they are very close.Some peb fans think that she is very very careful about wyw and do not  want to cause controversy,so she will not talk too much about wyw'love story even escape the wyw challenge and Role-play on her FM or other public occasion.However, people who do not like kto insist that they are ordinary colleagues in drama and  kto maybe the least closed male leads. We could just talk abt similar opinions and who knows the real thing between them.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Hello @cico . Welcome to Jang Haven. 
———
I believe  PEB is particularly careful about WYW because she won’t want the romance to overshadow the message that the writer had wanted to convey about the growth of a young lady who’s on the spectrum. In some ways it was a good thing she decided not to have any of previous male co-stars to be part of her FM. I think on a stage like this it would be best to keep things neutral cause I’m sure she’s well aware of how she’s been shipped with every ML out there. 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

23 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

———
I believe  PEB is particularly careful about WYW because she won’t want the romance to overshadow the message that the writer had wanted to convey about the growth of a young lady who’s on the spectrum. In some ways it was a good thing she decided not to have any of previous male co-stars to be part of her FM. I think on a stage like this it would be best to keep things neutral cause I’m sure she’s well aware of how she’s been shipped with every ML out there. 

yeah,to be honest,the scene of eaw on her FM when kto came up on the screen was very very short,and it is the ending part of eaw.The scene pays more attention to wyw's grown up by herself rather than the love story of them.Maybe as the role of one top female character in this drama,peb will tell the loveline only when others ask her.Moreover, she thinks that love is important for wyw but not for herself in real life.Some fans say she has never been in a real relationship,and it is difficult for her to take the first step.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
9 hours ago, taebinfan said:

@JenLguess they were careful in picking out scenes with her male leads, especially people keep comparing her with rowoon vs her with KTO, and also rowoon kept talking about their friendship or interaction even when eaw was aired (which i personally found it quite inappropriate whatever the circumstance caused him to have this response)! considering less interaction or skinship with KTO in this project, her fans must really KTO!

Yeah, it's interesting for sure. Maybe they balaced it out since the biggest fan wars probably happen between RW and KTO shippers. There was a long scene wth KMJ, but most of his fans turned into fans of one or the other or both :lol:

It does seem odd about Rowoon since he himself is an idol. But I guess it's because usually stars don't pick up projects quite as quickly after a drama...whereas PEB was on EAW like 2 weeks after TKA wrapped up. Also because PEB and KTO are hot property, everyone who once worked with them wants to appear close to them anyway. Soo Young + Run On crew also caught up wth KTO even though she's currently on screen with Ji Chang Wook. I don't mind them having friendships, but it definitely doesn't help if they keep talking about it when there's strong shipping involved in past projects v current projects  :idk:

9 hours ago, taebinfan said:

very looking forward to watch this movie! KTO will look good playing as a cop! 

He looks fineee in those photos :cool:

8 hours ago, cico said:

I accidentally found this, would you mind if i join in?

Hiiii~ Welcome to the thread :heart: Nice to meet you and to chat about PEB and KTO! :Party01:

6 hours ago, taebinfan said:

5 hours ago, cico said:

peb saw him on the screen alone and immediately looked away, and the scene was about the final revolving door scene.The discussion in korean forums is quite different and maybe it  is too difficult to understand Korean Internet-related expressions.In chinese forums,cp fans think she did her best to avert suspicion but they are very close.Some peb fans think that she is very very careful about wyw and do not  want to cause controversy,so she will not talk too much about wyw'love story even escape the wyw challenge and Role-play on her FM or other public occasion.However, people who do not like kto insist that they are ordinary colleagues in drama and  kto maybe the least closed male leads. We could just talk abt similar opinions and who knows the real thing between them.

Haha, so I got the chance to re-see this and I get why people think that way, though I think it's not personally related to KTO and I tend to keep an open mind about how they feel about each other unless I get hard evidence that suggests she really likes or dislikes him (hard evidence is like a convincing Dispatch photo at the grocery store or a press release :laugh:, not things like not taking selfies together which I can see having many explainations, but only seems to have many fan speculations). To me, a lot of PEB's reactions with EAW have been because of the sensitivites around playing a neurodiverse character. She was really hesitant to take on the project and once she did it, it was very taxing on her and I feel like she was aways very nervous about sending the right messages and not making things hard for people in communities with disabilities. I definitely don't think she disliked doing the project, but I think there's a lot of pressure when she thinks back to the filming. :idk:

I also feel like her inability to watch the screen is because actors often don't like watching their own acting in their most recent projects - most actors when asked about it will say if they had the chance to play the character over again, they would do things differently. KTO has said that in multiple interviews that he had more ideas to add to Jun Ho and I feel like PEB felt that way as soon as she saw and heard herself (not KTO) on screen. As for her other projects, the characters were not nearly half as challenging or controversial and a lot of time has passed that it's not as critical for her when she watches them compared to this. To be honest, it must be a lot of pressure to watch yourself and then to have a whole bunch of people watching you watch yourself!   :psweatduck: I feel like that's why she turned around and laughed it off with the audience - because she felt a little embarrassed watching herself.

5 hours ago, taebinfan said:

most likely trying to avoid any criticism or negative comments about wyw esp the loveline in public! afterall, it was her first fan meeting since debut! no matter how positive she is,  wouldnt want controversy to ruin it!

she must have mixed emotions about this eaw project. it solidifies her acting status in the industry and advances her to stardom, and yet the stress and the worries she has carried during that 8-month period probably makes her want to move on from this project as soon as possible!

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

———

Totally agree with all your points :MewHi:  I think the different reactions between KTO and PEB to the drama and how much they mention it is because KTO doesn't have to be as careful since his character is not neurodiverse and it really helps for him to be the romantic one. Whereas PEB always has to be careful with what she does with WYW as there's so many consequences, even with the romance which most people like, it could be criticised. So she's walking the fine line. But I do see her acting receptively towards KTO and teasing him a lot. I don't think KTO would have continued being friendly with her in public (ie. talking to her during the fan meet) or in the behind the scenes if she was freezing him out, so I'm pretty sure he knows what she's thinking or doing.

Also I recently saw an interview where PEB said she had to stay in character a lot between takes - so often she tried to be in her own world, to understand what WYW's perspective was - she did this by not looking so much at others and eating lunch alone. I found the interview on twitter, but not sure if I saved it! Must look for it again. This is another reason why I think people thought they weren't close, but I think people are missing a lot of context around the filming of this drama :idk:

Haha, I'm actually working on a podcast episode that will explain a lot of these things, so stay tuned ~ :popcorn:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

9 minutes ago, JenL said:

Yeah, it's interesting for sure. Maybe they balaced it out since the biggest fan wars probably happen between RW and KTO shippers. There was a long scene wth KMJ, but most of his fans turned into fans of one or the other or both :lol:

I didn't feel it much from the DanWon ( Brahm) shippers as KMJ has moved on to other romantic  roles.

In fact I definitely felt very shippy myself during the Brahms era. :laugh:Min Jae is fantastic at selling all his ships. He captains them himself! But you realise he does this alot. So after awhile those shippy feelings died a natural death. 

The "war" out there, if any seems to be with the TKA shippers. Personally I like Rowoon , and watch all his dramas. But I didn't feel anything particularly off screen but then I also wasn't paying much attention to it. 

• Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

16 minutes ago, JenL said:

Also I saw recently where PEB said she had to stay in character a lot between takes - so often she tried to be in her own world, to understand what WYW's perspective was - she did this by not looking so much at others and eating lunch alone. I found the interview on twitter, but not sure if I saved it! Must look for it again. This is another reason why I think people thought they weren't close, but I think people are missing a lot of context around the filming of this drama :idk:

Haha, I'm actually working on a podcast episode that will explain a lot of these things, so stay tuned ~ :popcorn:

Yeah,there have not been hard evidences between them and as many public Korean actor and actress lovers , photos showing two people dating could  confirm the fact mostly.Moreover,kto will go to the army for 18 months ,so a long distance relationship without seeing each other often is quite difficult.Falling in love is so goddamn hard.

• Sad 1

This Korean fan wrote a piece about how nice desire is normalised in Jun Ho and Young Woo's relationship as one being of 2 people in their late 20's :heart: You can read it by Twitter translating it :) 

• Heart Eyes 2

17 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I didn't feel it much from the DanWon ( Brahm) shippers as KMJ has moved on to other romantic  roles.

In fact I definitely felt very shippy myself during the Brahms era. :laugh:Min Jae is fantastic at selling all his ships. He captains them himself! But you realise he does this alot. So after awhile those shippy feelings died a natural death. 

The "war" out there, if any seems to be with the TKA shippers. Personally I like Rowoon , and watch all his dramas. But I didn't feel anything particularly off screen but then I also wasn't paying much attention to it. 

KMJ has been found dating with a girl almost 2-3 years by netizens and caused a little fan war with a member of bts because of his gf's sns.I do not appreciate Rowoon's responsibility as a member of an idol group apart from his acting... that's just my point of view abt them,you can ignore it.What peb thinks abt is the most important .

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Crumbs from the past :laugh:

And also, these are the diff past characters PEB played at her fan meet...funny how KTO also plays multiple characters recently for Subway. They could sooo do another project together.

Edited by JenL
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, JenL said:

It does seem odd about Rowoon since he himself is an idol. But I guess it's because usually stars don't pick up projects quite as quickly after a drama...whereas PEB was on EAW like 2 weeks after TKA wrapped up. Also because PEB and KTO are hot property, everyone who once worked with them wants to appear close to them anyway. Soo Young + Run On crew also caught up wth KTO even though she's currently on screen with Ji Chang Wook. I don't mind them having friendships, but it definitely doesn't help if they keep talking about it when there's strong shipping involved in past projects v current projects  

same here, have no problems with them talking about their friendship/conversation AFTER the drama finished airing! if i assume a strong friendship between rowoon and PEB, then am very disappointed with this kind of talk when the drama was aired. was he trying to stir up shippers war or cause distraction for viewers to watch the drama? it was not helping PEB at all!

4 hours ago, JenL said:

But I do see her acting receptively towards KTO and teasing him a lot. I don't think KTO would have continued being friendly with her in public (ie. talking to her during the fan meet) or in the behind the scenes if she was freezing him out, so I'm pretty sure he knows what she's thinking or doing.

and she went beyond to list 5 charms about him in swoon vid, and the charms are not the typical hardworking, friendly, etc. like she actually thought in details right on the spot to list his charms. i believe this hanbada team is very tight and supportive to PEB. they've come up with the mutual respect about getting approval from each other for posting pictures. they are very careful to avoid criticisms about whatever they say and do that are related to the wyw in particular. as @JenLit's easier for KTO to do cf's and other stuff but he is still careful not to go into too much loveline with wyw. viewers has named him nation's husband or disappointed man; he didnt call himself that! read a tweet about KTO changing his response about s2 after PEB's subtle decline to do s2! 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

tumblr-560d915b358e65aad2eef17fc4435319-

Newsen Reporter Park Ah Reum.

202209050919491910-4.jpg

202209050919491910-5.jpg

(Photo = Provided by General Idea)

Kang Tae Oh showed the essence of a handsome man.

Recently, General Idea selected actor Kang Tae Oh as a muse and released the 2022 FW photography with Kang Tae Oh. 

In the published pictorial, Kang Tae Oh created a chic charm with deep eyes and a refined and elegant attitude, while exuding a unique warm and pleasant mood.  

A brand official said, "The positive, healthy image and caring appearance of Kang Tae Oh had shown in the recently ended ENA drama 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo' matched the image of the brand that wanted to convey as a muse.  

Spoiler

202209050919491910-6.jpg

source:

https://m.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202209050919491910

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

16 hours ago, cico said:

KMJ has been found dating with a girl almost 2-3 years by netizens and caused a little fan war with a member of bts because of his gf's sns.I do not appreciate Rowoon's responsibility as a member of an idol group apart from his acting... that's just my point of view abt them,you can ignore it.What peb thinks abt is the most important .

Oh wow...I didn't even know KMJ was dating. I learn something new every day. 

Oh most definitely agree with you that PEB's  point of view is the most important. 

Ooo this is good news ....how you can vote

Hello @Kismet_06200904 welcome to Jang Haven! 

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1