Whale Couple 🐳❤️🐋 TaeBin (Kang Tae Oh x Park Eun Bin ) & WooHo (Woo Young Woo x Lee Jun Ho)

JenL

13 hours ago, taebinfan said:

@JenLcontent is sensitive probably due to worries about other shippers. tbh i used to be a robin shipper. am a huge fan of PEB and noticed that she seemed to be very at ease and happy with ro in her last project. all i care is about her happiness and hope she will meet someone wonderful by her standard. after seeing her with taeoh in this project, their chemistry is another kind and at another level - more mature, more caring, and just more... think PEB is still focusing on her career and not thinking about any romance now. she simply enjoys her roles in each project and probably figure out what kind of man suits her as she meets more people and when her marital need comes. she is still growing and learning in social interaction as she was quite introvert and didnt make friends. think she started making friends since tka and now is making more friends here in eaw especially with HKY... so glad that she broadens her circle of friends in this industry and hope she can find more genuine support in each project. who knows, she might meet another male lead more suitable than KTO in the future! either way, i hope they'll achieve their success in their career and meet the special someone in their lives. 

Well said! And so interesting that you use to be a Rowoon and Eun Bin shipper...I think a lot of PEB fans do say that find her chemistry really good with all her co-stars and tend tend to ship her with everyone she gets paired with :laugh: . I also watched The King's Affection and remember how easily she got along with Rowoon too. I think I've always enjoyed her pairings, but I don't think I've ever really shipped her with anyone - this time with Kang Tae Oh would be the closest time! I think I have to really like both actors as individuals and then really like both their characters and the romance in the storyline before I feel like this...Kang Tae Oh and Park Eun Bin have ticked all the boxes in making me like them :pandahehe:

But I'm so glad that you like each of her pairings differently and can see the value of each her on-screen relationships and the maturity of the chemistry :heart: I liked the way you described it because that's what I think as well - I'm glad to see the support and joy that Kang Tae Oh and the Hanbada crew brought into her life while she was playing this challenging role. I don't think she would have had half as much fun if not for this drama crew!

• Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Hahaha, Kang Tae Oh is actually doing the things that Woo Young Woo wanted - rubbish pick up date :laugh:

4MttHDO.gif

It comes from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REwpZVWcp4c&t=1s&ab_channel=모노튜브

(I think it won't embed but hopefully the link works!)

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@JenLi dont ship her with her every ml. can kinda tell she is being professional or being herself with that ml. probably shouldnt call myself robin shipper as i did have some concerns about this pairing. i just asked that they would spend time to know each other more very well to see if they would work out.  i've noticed KTO since nokdu and always wonder why he couldnt land on any ml afterwards, so i do appreciate him as an actor and an individual more so than her other ml.  i am only a fan of two actresses - PEB and Son Yejin. i did ship binjin as i also noticed something "interesting" in them and am glad it works out for them. PEB and SYJ are similar in many ways and hope PEB will have the same path as SYJ.

it's so lovely that KTO still has youngwoo on his mind while enjoying his camping trip - youngwoo's dating list and how she acted! wonder how PEB reacted when she saw this and what the hanbada team talked about in their chat room! :love: 

• Heart Eyes 2

@taebinfanIt's a interview programme on KBS called Live All Year Round where they do in-depth interviews with celebrities.

I have captured some stuff they said on my twitter..I will transfer here:

Spoiler

For a non-romance drama , the romance here is just wonderful...topping some romance-centric shows I have seen

• Thanks 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

22 hours ago, taebinfan said:

i've noticed KTO since nokdu and always wonder why he couldnt land on any ml afterwards, so i do appreciate him as an actor and an individual more so than her other ml. 

Ahh, I've heard so many people liked him from Tale of Nokdu because he was talented at pulling both second lead and villain role. I've liked him since My First First Love, but skipped over the period dramas since I didn't really watch any till about last year. But totally agree, out of her male co-stars, I appreciate him as an individual and as her acting partner more than the others :heart:

i am only a fan of two actresses - PEB and Son Yejin. i did ship binjin as i also noticed something "interesting" in them and am glad it works out for them. PEB and SYJ are similar in many ways and hope PEB will have the same path as SYJ.

Aw, Binjin had a very happy ending in real life...hopefully PEB does have a similar path ahead of her if she wants that :BulbaOWO:

it's so lovely that KTO still has youngwoo on his mind while enjoying his camping trip - youngwoo's dating list and how she acted! wonder how PEB reacted when she saw this and what the hanbada team talked about in their chat room! :love: 

Haha, I love how KTO is still talking a lot about EAW in all of his promotions and always mentioning not just Jun Ho, but things he remembers about Woo Young Woo. It's very endearing that he still holds onto his character :wow:

dont know what program this is, but it's so wonderful that the production team recorded fans' message for KTO. all the encouragement and blessings he needs to go for his military enlistment!

I love this! He looks so touched! :wow:

8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

For a non-romance drama , the romance here is just wonderful...topping some romance-centric shows I have seen

Oh totally agree! I think the romantic tension topped so many other romances, which don't  bother building it up *cough Going to You at the Speed of 493km cough* (While I liked the leads, that drama had one of the most unconvincing romances I've seen this year!)

Hahahaha I knew this was going to happen the moment I saw KTO in a tux for those awards  :laugh::laugh::laugh: I prefer this post compared to the mash-up photoshops though :lol: I think most people loved the ending and were super satisfied with the lovely cat speech, but I still see some of those hardcore romantics wishing for a Woo Young Woo x Jun Ho wedding. :idk:

But in real life people are still holding out for a TaeBin photoshoot. You know, even if it's not for EAW, I hope someone does get them in together for a photoshoot or CF one day. They just look so nice together and seem to do a lot of matching stuff anyway!

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

By the way this is the behind the scenes video I had never seen previously and I'm pretty sure no one has subbed it in English yet either. At first I thought I might have just missed the scenes in the ASTORY behind the scenes...but no, they were not in there at all. A fan posted it on their YT account in like 8 second intervals so I had to piece this altogether....Maybe it's on the ENA channel which I cant see from my country? :thinking: 

Hoping to hardsub this video, but errr, my Korean is very minimal and I relied heavily on translation apps :laugh:

@stroppyse sorry to be a pain, but if you have time and don't mind, would you be able to check if the Korean translations were correct for most of this 1 min 42 sec video? There's also a bunch of captions that did not translate either because I think they were a special effect noise or there was a space in between the words - would you know what I'm missing? :thinking: Thanks!  But also no pressure if you're busy and can't help though since I know we're all busier without a lockdown. I'm sure there's other ways to find the answer as well!

0:01: white caption on PEB: The lighting is completely cut off
Pink & white caption: Next is Jun Ho's sudden romantic scene!
0:02 Peach & white caption: Employee ID, get a hold of yourself
0:06: white caption on KTO: Eventually he picked it up
0:08: Start filming with the slate!
0:09: 1, 2...Action!
0:12: Breathing & eye contact
0:14: Peach caption: I'll continue my lines well
0:15: White caption:?
0:16: White & Peach caption: Cute young woo's NG
0:20: White & purple caption:?
0:23: Pink & white caption: But these people
Peach & white caption: Have an unsual gesture
0:24: White caption?
0:28: White caption: (Something's going on)
White & black smaller caption:Myeong Seok: I'll sit at the other table
0:31: White caption: ?
0:33: (Come this way laughing)
0:35: Pink & white caption: There's no motive
White & peach caption: Senior Lawyer fighting lonliness?
0:36: White & Black caption: Enjoy your meal
0:37: We're going to officially start
0:38: *Woo young woo chant*
0:41: White caption: Showing off your perfect chemistry
White caption: ?
0:44: Action!
0:45: Pink & white caption: Today also
White & peach caption: Hanbada team is working hard to secure evidence
0:49: White caption: ?
0:53: Pink & white caption: ?

Peach & white: Check it out in the main episode!
0:56: White caption: Action!
Peach & white caption:?
0:59: White & Black caption: Have you ever seen a dolphin in real life?
1:02: Peach caption: No, I haven't
1:05: White & Purple caption: I'm actually talking about the aquarium (?)
1:05: White caption: ?

1:08: Fire caption: Dr. Whale is furious?
1:10: White and black caption: For whales, an aquarium is a prison!!!!!!
1:11: White caption: ~Talking passionately about whales ~
1:13: Pink & white caption: Trying to ask someone out for a date
Peach and White: Dr. Whale scolded me a lot
1:15: Purple & white: Jun Ho's courtship with Tears continues
1:17: ?
1:20: Pink & white caption: Today's shoot
White and Peach caption: Starts by the cold winter sea
1:22: Purple & White caption: What about our Young Woo~?
1:25: white caption: ? 
Purple & white caption: I'm into taking selfies
1:26: Pink and white caption: Even in front of the cold sea
White & Peach captions: Young Woo's sets are always fun
White & Black caption: Why are you filming somewhere that's not pretty?
White caption: ?
1:32: White & peach caption: Why did Jun Ho suddenly lower his head?
1:34: White & purple caption: It's because of the hot gaze that looks at him
White caption with hearts: ?
1:36: White & Purple caption: Jun Ho laughs right away even though he's embarrassed...CUTE
1:39: White caption: I'm very much in favour of their friendly appearance

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@taebinfanIt would be real cute to see them as a bickering duo doing a rom-com

I knew someone would be doing up the edits...when there are no couple pictorials...people will make their own 

Thanks @JenL for the translations

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

5 hours ago, taebinfan said:

this is the romcom that edited so well with a good storyline! really want to see them in a good romcom project!

I just watched that for the first time this morning! :BulbaOWO: I think the people that made that video also made this video which is another Sageuk edit of PEB & KTO. This one uses a lot  of scenes from The King's Affection & Tale of Nokdu

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@taebinfanIt would be real cute to see them as a bickering duo doing a rom-com

Yep I'd love them to be in a rom-com. But one with a good ending of course! I think there's some rom-coms where the endings have really burnt people...they had angst arcs like EAW, but never recovered from them in the end *glares at the writers of Monthly Home Magazine & Dodosolsollalasol * (Hahaha my scars from both those so-called rom-coms have healed, but I still remember the traumas). Anyway, I want them in a fun rom-com with lots of bickering, romantic tension and a happy ending :laugh: Since PEB seems worried about doing a season 2 and the ASTORY execs made a promise without consulting her, they should fix everything by giving us a new PEB & KTO drama hahaha :smug:

Thanks for linking the perfume edit @abs-oluteM :heart: It seems a new wave of angst has swept TaeBin nation because PEB's new photoshoot outfit looks really, really similar to KTO's which is just a reminder to everyone that there was no photoshoot, even though they would have looked so good together and this deprived everyone of additional crumbs (since they probably would have done an interview/ played some games if they had done one) :mine:  

But on a cheerful side note, it actually looks like this jumper is from the same brand and people have found this out...still a couple's outfit, eh? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

saw an non-english tweet about PEB not having eye contact with KTO, and one comment is "she is afraid of falling in love with him" (per google translator)! there are other platforms talking about her behavior and eye contacts as well because she has never dated! is it possible? thought a person would make more eye contact if he/she is interested in someone! :thinking:

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, taebinfan said:

saw an non-english tweet about PEB not having eye contact with KTO, and one comment is "she is afraid of falling in love with him" (per google translator)! there are other platforms talking about her behavior and eye contacts as well because she has never dated! is it possible? thought a person would make more eye contact if he/she is interested in someone! :thinking:

Lol! I thought they had plenty of eye contact. I think people are over reading that bit. TBH, I can’t read them in their BTS . But that also makes things a bit more interesting. :laugh:

Think the main cast is doing the commentary for the DVD or Blu ray or something. Some sweet treats for them . I think it came from Spring Sunshine’s  IG story ? 

• Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1

14 hours ago, taebinfan said:

saw an non-english tweet about PEB not having eye contact with KTO

Hahaha, I think I've seen something similar too...I think it's kind of funny because in a way I can kind of see what they mean, but in another way, I think people are reading a lot into it. :laugh: I think the lack of eye-contact may be because she often stayed in character between takes (ie. WYW doesn't really look people directly in the eyes much and so PEB was tryig to remain the same). 

Also, technically, PEB actually is always a bit like this - I was watching some of her old Do You Like Brahms and King's Affection behind the scenes video recently and I think thr reason people think she was more conversational with her past co-stars is because they did a lot more interview segments with camera person/ crew where they talked directly at the camera and joked around (ie. sort of like the dolphin interview in EAW, but they did it less in EAW behind the scenes)...but actually, when she's talking to the camera, she also doesn't look eye to eye at her co-stars like KMJ or Rowoon either, so I think everyone is on equal footing here and there's really no actor she looks at more or less

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I mean, she looked at KTO a lot in The Swoon games...I always liked this moment since KTO & PEB looked so comfortable with each other and seemed to have an in-joke between them when he was asked to list PEB's charms. I think if they'd been given more interviews/ photoshoots, people would have seen them be like this more. Guess everyone is still feeling deprived! :idk:

3lpEzMn.png

14 hours ago, taebinfan said:

there are other platforms talking about her behavior and eye contacts as well because she has never dated! is it possible? thought a person would make more eye contact if he/she is interested in someone! :thinking:

Hahaha, I feel like a lot of stars say they've never dated. It might be possible with PEB since she's been busy acting her whole life and I definitely don't have answers about her personal life ..but she does work in an agency with lots of other good looking actors, close staff  so I guess you never know :idk: But avoiding eye contact - haha,.I actually use to avoid eye contact with people I had major crushes on when I was younger...I just felt nervous around them and if I looked at them I felt like I would blank out and forget what I was saying :lol: But I'm not like that these days, so it can go either way!

10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

TBH, I can’t read them in their BTS . But that also makes things a bit more interesting.

I feel like it's the result of many things including editing and the style of content included in the BTS and also PEB potentially being more tired in this role. Sometimes I feel like KTO did silly things to make her laugh/ play a bit more. I think it looks like she was receptive to him, but she was sometimes a little reserved for acting reasons. :heiboi:

10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Think the main cast is doing the commentary for the DVD or Blu ray or something. Some sweet treats for them . I think it came from Spring Sunshine’s  IG story ? 

yes! They completed the commentary for the Blu ray together today so they all hung out. There's a photo of on the Blu ray notice board, but people aren't allowed to share it outside. But you can see it if you join the blu ray forum. This is the Blu ray instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/p/Chzjb5EJDhQ/ :heart:

Edited by JenL
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

i do find namoo's stylist pick for PEB's sweater interesting! dont know if it's the management way to draw more attention to PEB! also read on twitter that they might do a phone cf. hope this is true! it would be better for them to do cf for overseas companies like binjin for the philippine telecom. sometimes think it's best for the drama to cool down a bit before they start any couple shoots, cf's! feel that they would receive more criticism if they had done more couple shoots, interviews when the drama was aired. asd is such a sensitive topic, some people might criticize them for not respecting asd community, or taking advantage of the subject to gain personal popularity! know for sure PEB is very, very cautious about presenting and discussing asd!

• Heart Eyes 2

@JenL, I've changed the translations a bit and completed the ones where you had question marks.

0:01: white caption on PEB: The lighting is completely cut off
Pink & white caption: Next is Jun Ho's sudden romantic scene!
0:02 Peach & white caption: Employee ID, get a clue
0:06: white caption on KTO: Ultimately, he picked it up
0:08: Start filming with the slate!
0:09: 1, 2...Action!
0:12: Breathing & eye contact
0:14: Peach caption: Saying her lines well, then
0:15: White caption: Bang! (indicates that she bursts into laugher)
0:16: White & Peach caption: Cute Young Woo's NG
0:20: White & purple caption: Meeting at the employee cafeteria, Gu Rami and Min Woo
0:23: Pink & white caption: But these people
Peach & white caption: Their gestures are not normal (talking about GR and YW’s greeting)
0:24: White caption: Ha!
0:28: White caption: (Trying to figure something out)
White & black smaller caption:Myeong Seok: I'll sit at the other table… (shrinking)
0:31: White caption: Moving - Far
0:33: (Hurry and come this way.  (laughing))
0:35: Pink & white caption: Without a peer
White & peach caption: Senior Lawyer, fighting loneliness?
0:36: White & Black caption: Myeong Seok: Enjoy your meal..
0:37: Now, the official filming will start
0:38: Woo to the Young to the Woo!
0:40: Dong to the Gu to the Rami!
0:41: White caption: Showing off their perfect chemistry
White caption: Ha!
0:44: Action!
0:45: Pink & white caption: Today also
White & peach caption: Hanbada team is working hard to secure evidence
0:49: White caption: Listening closely
0:53: Pink & white caption: Gu Rami’s story?
Peach & white: Check it out in the main episode!
0:56: White caption: Action!
Peach & white caption: Starting filming with the “action” signal!
0:59: White & Black caption: Lawyer-nim, have you ever seen a dolphin in real life?
1:02: Peach caption: No, I haven't
1:05: White & Purple caption: He’s casually bringing up the aquarium.
1:05: White caption: Sudden stop
1:08: Fire caption: Becoming the ultimate Whale Professor
1:10: White and black caption: For whales, an aquarium is a prison!!!!!!
1:11: White caption: ~Talking passionately about whales ~
1:13: Pink & white caption: Trying to casually ask someone out for a date
Peach and White: And getting scolded by the Whale Professor
1:15: Purple & white: Jun Ho's courtship with tears continues
1:17: Forlorn
1:20: Pink & white caption: Today's shoot
White and Peach caption: Starts by the cold winter sea!
1:22: Purple & White caption: What about our Young Woo at that time~?
1:25: white caption: Hee hee
Purple & white caption: Totally into taking her selfies
1:26: Pink and white caption: Even in front of the cold sea
White & Peach captions: Young Woo's sets are always fun!
White & Black caption: Why are you filming it so that it’s not pretty?
White caption: Suddenly sitting
1:32: White & peach caption: Why did Jun Ho suddenly lower his head?
1:34: White & purple caption: It's because of the hot gazes that were looking at him
White caption with hearts: Looking even as you do that…
1:36: White & Purple caption: Jun Ho laughs right away even though he's embarrassed...CUTE
1:39: White caption: Very much in favour of their friendly appearance

A number of the white captions that you had questions about are actually onomatopoeic syllables indicating a movement or an action. I usually just write what that action is supposed to be. Hope this makes sense. Thanks for doing the initial translation. It was fun to watch.

• Thanks 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
23 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@JenL, I'll have time later on to edit your translations. I'll post it when I'm done. It looks as if you got most of the gist of it.

Ahhh Thanks so much @stroppyse!!! :heart::BulbaOWO::hearties: I really appreciate you looking it over for me so I can hardsub it. Thanks so much!!! :Party01::Party01:  :Party01: The dream would be to learn Korean properly so that I can read properly one day...but I took a long break from my classes when my teacher decided to move back to Korea and I would have to find a new class and so I have backtracked and not continued. Oh well, it's still hard learning a language to the point of fluency. :idk: Thanks again for lending us your skills :wow:

19 hours ago, taebinfan said:

i do find namoo's stylist pick for PEB's sweater interesting! dont know if it's the management way to draw more attention to PEB! also read on twitter that they might do a phone cf. hope this is true! it would be better for them to do cf for overseas companies like binjin for the philippine telecom. sometimes think it's best for the drama to cool down a bit before they start any couple shoots, cf's! feel that they would receive more criticism if they had done more couple shoots, interviews when the drama was aired. asd is such a sensitive topic, some people might criticize them for not respecting asd community, or taking advantage of the subject to gain personal popularity! know for sure PEB is very, very cautious about presenting and discussing asd!

Ooooh it would be nice if they could do a CF.  I remember way back in the days of Boys over Flowers...they gave Kim Bum and Kim So Eun a CF that was pretty much taking pictures as if on a date and they made a free calendar for fans to print out. It was so cute...wouldn't it be nice if they could do something like that? Yeah an ad would have to not be linked directly to EAW for sensitivity reasons I think. It wouldn't be fair to sell on it. :MewHi:

9 hours ago, taebinfan said:

lovely to see this happy Hanbanda family, especially our whale couple!

Yeahhhh ~ So happy they had a good time doing the commentary together. It's just like old times. Here's a gif that someone made of that little video. Wonder what other things will be on the Blu ray...other Blu rays often have to lobby really hard to get made and tell you what kind of goodies are included. This one so far has only said cast commentaries and interviews. Fingers crossed for more behind the scenes stuff....

xecU5ug.gif

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Do you all know which scene I rewatch again? This one. I have watched it so many times but the cat analogy always makes me tear up

I read that AStory CEO is very keen on S2 but I understand that nothing has been set in stone. PEB fans are especially worried for her as they do see that she feel quite burdened and wouldn't want her to take it on because she was pressured to do so. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

On 8/29/2022 at 6:37 AM, JenL said:

but I took a long break from my classes when my teacher decided to move back to Korea and I would have to find a new class and so I have backtracked and not continued. Oh well, it's still hard learning a language to the point of fluency. 

I think you're doing really well, and you clearly retained a lot from your classes. It is hard to learn a language to the point of fluency, and even then the language changes, so unless you're living there, I think it's hard to retain fluency with the influx of new terms and trends.

Thanks for subbing.

• Like 2