Joseon Attorney 조선변호사 [2023]

Tofu

WDH looks like a mix of RJY and SKJ somehow. 

The show mildly entertaining and pace is quite good. WDH carry the whole show though. The FL not too interesting tbh. Chemistry also a bit lacking so far, but I will continue because he's quite funny. 

And Joseon drama always starting with the whole family murdered and lead want to take revenge. This is why I'm not so into this genre, I felt like I was in a repeating loop. 

• Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

44 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

WDH looks like a mix of RJY and SKJ somehow. 

The show mildly entertaining and pace is quite good. WDH carry the whole show though. The FL not too interesting tbh. Chemistry also a bit lacking so far, but I will continue because he's quite funny. 

And Joseon drama always starting with the whole family murdered and lead want to take revenge. This is why I'm not so into this genre, I felt like I was in a repeating loop. 

What made you pick this one up, Tea? I remember you don't really like Korean sageuk.

• Haha 3

The first two episodes were fun, but the third episode was just ok. I don't know if my exhaustion from real life played a part in feeling this way, but I wasn't as excited as I was with the first two episodes. 

Han Soo's father was framed which resulted in him getting killed and his mom committing suicide. He's out to avenge their deaths by attacking the people who were involved. He'll soon find out that it's more complicated than what he thinks it is. 

No idea what Cha Hak Yeon's character is yet. He's only shown up three or four times (I've only watched up to episode 3). Hopefully, his character will be shown more now that he's been promoted in the court. 

Behind the Scenes.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I just started this one. Finished ep.2, loving this so far, although in the first episode, I was very sceptical how I would be able to like the annoying ML, but turned out that there were some unexpected twists. 

56 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The romance is so underwhelming. 

But why I still somehow watching this drama lols 

Really? I am enjoying the interaction and possibly growing fondness from both so far. Well, I'm only up to ep.2 though...

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I am at ep.7 now. Enjoying the drama a lot. I like the way the main story is developing along with the different cases being handled by Kang Han Soo. Each episode there is new reveal of the mystery surrounding the death of HS’s parents. There is enough comedy and enough deep moment as well in the execution. 

I am happy for WDH that he’s got to lead this drama. And happy to be able to see more of Cha Hak Yeon. I’ve been a fan since Children of Nobody. Too bad his role in Mine is soooo uninteresting. 

• Like 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Lord Chu's son suffered the same fate as all the people Lord Chu killed. This was karma for all the things he's done and pain he's given others. I didn't expect that ending for him, but I guess since the other two died, the same was going to happen to him too.

On 4/28/2023 at 9:48 AM, ktcjdrama said:

I am happy for WDH that he’s got to lead this drama. And happy to be able to see more of Cha Hak Yeon.

I can't imagine anyone else playing Kang Han Soo but Woo Do Hwan. He's doing this character so much justice. As for Cha Hak Yeon, I wished his character was more developed. It seems like he's an afterthought. I'm eight episodes in already and I still have no idea what his purpose is. 

• Like 2

I'm watching Woo Do Hwan on his first variety show and he talked about how the editors had to remove some of his muscles because he could not have that much definition as an attorney. :laugh:

In case you're wondering, here's Woo Do Hwan shirtless as an attorney. I'm going to tag @abs-oluteM because why not? LOL!

• Haha 2

@abs-oluteM He said that until he was 25, he didn't have money for a gym membership so he usually did a lot hiking. I'm sure he probably did other things too, because he has always had defined muscles. I don't think you can get all of them from hiking unless he was lifting rocks on his hikes. Hahaha! 

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

I had forgotten that I haven't watched this last week. So 4 episodes to catch up... Entering the angsty period as Kang Han Soo found out about the true identity of princess YJ. I dislike the misunderstanding that he had on her. A bit too much and it pains me to see the harsh way he treated her. It's not like she's done anything so wrong. He was so mad at her...

Still loving the cases. I admire how devoted KHS is towards the case he is handling that he tried to live the life of a farmer for a day to understand and experience first hand the hardships of farmers. He uses his heart. Love the way this case was resolved, hahaaha... I kinda guessed the twist. 

• Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

13 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

A bit too much and it pains me to see the harsh way he treated her. It's not like she's done anything so wrong. He was so mad at her...

I don't think he needed to be that mad too. It's not like she can go around telling people she's a princess. 

I'm behind two episodes. I'm watching so many dramas right now. I know you are too, because we're watching the same ones. :lmao2:

• Haha 1

Lots of sweet moments in ep.13.... :love: So romantic our resident attorney. I would swoon at his words/confession... He sure turned around quickly from his anger towards princess YJ (I am not complaining) and bold enough to ask her not to go through with her wedding because he doesn't approve of it. 

But the ending... I was in tears... I hope KHS can help his sister out of the awful setup. It's too much if he has to lose his sister too on top of losing his parents. But looking at the preview, it seems that she will be sacrificed? I really don't mind being trolled this time round.

MTDzeiV.gif

I find that ep.14 is so full of tension... I'm dreading to find out what's going to happen to the sister...

ETA:

Spoiler

Too short a reunion for these two siblings. Their scene was really intense. I cried. (great acting from both). I kinda forgive her foolishness for believing the very enemy of her family. She couldn't have known better. She is a brave one, preferring to sacrifice herself, knowing that will be the better way for her brother. Knowing what she's done under the deceit, it is going to be difficult for her to live in the community anyway, going forward. So I guess her seeking death is understandable. At least she is at peace, and not having to go through with the sentencing is so much better, imo.

Sigh... looks like there might not be a happy ending for our couple here? 

Edited by ktcjdrama

MTDzeiV.gif

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

So handsome!

Indeed so handsome :wow: we shall wait for his next drama. 
Love the character KHS that WDH portrayed. I quite enjoy this one, although towards the end, I feel that it's kinda drag a little, but overall, a good drama which I don't regret spending my hours watching. 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

58 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Love the character KHS that WDH portrayed.

Same! I think he did an excellent job and carried the drama really well. 

I have not continued after episode 10, but I will have to now that it's done airing. I can skip all the scenes I don't want to watch. Haha! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Did the leads get their happy ending in the drama @ktcjdrama? WDH shared this uncut but had to delete it because of negative criticisms...

Yes they did.... 

:shocked: Why are they making such a big deal out of a mild scene like that?? Just because she is an idol? Is she a god maybe that cannot be "tainted"? Some fans have really wrong concept of an idol.... Bona is 27 yo, and WDH is 30 yo, and that kind of scene is too intimate?? Don't ever allow idols to go into acting then... *rolleyes

MTDzeiV.gif