JoonChae ​🌹​ Lee Joon Gi & Moon Chae Won

:hearties: Hi Everyone, here is another IG connection for our JoonChae :withu:

Glamorous Sky by Mika Nakashima

Chaewon posted this on May 13, 2018.

A day after the premiere of Joongi's Lawless Lawyer.

While we just let this song pass as Chaewon loves to post random songs on her IG. There is an interesting trivia about Mika Nakashima.

Glamorous Sky was the famous OST in the movie ' Nana' with Aoki Miyazaki.

Aoki Miyazaki appeared in various films including 'Virgin Snow' which Joon Gi was the male lead. It has been a successful release as it landed at 9th place on the box office chart.

Virgin Snow (film).jpg

Mika Nakashima also appeared in the sci-fi thriller Resident Evil installments. (Afterlife , Retribution)

Joongi appeared on the latest installment, Resident Evil-Final Chapter.

While we like to assume that there is no connection at all, I find this relevant if I consider how the friendship of JoonChae flourished since CMKr (2017). And based on resent IG live of JG, they know each other's numbers. It also evident during CMKr how close they were since. We can also take reference about the K&C story Chaewon brought out during the presscon, of which they might have shared common stories like previous works since then.

Considering Chaewon was a fan of Joongi since K&C, she might have watched his movies after including Virgin Snow. Also , Nana has became famous including the OST.  Nana was released September of 2005, months before the release of K&C. 

Another tidbit by @Erdbeer :

In 2012, both Joongi and Chaewon signed up in IMX Japan. Since then they have been under one company overseas yet they did not have been offered projects together. 2012 was the year of comeback for Joongi from military enlistment. While Chaewon's career has yet to rise up after her successful dramas-The Princess' Man and Nice Guy.

Also, 'glamorous' may also mean 'splendor:SquirtleWonderfull:

• Heart Eyes 5

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

On 8/27/2020 at 12:51 AM, battery said:

I am really not into shipping them until I watch their cute moment at the prescon :heart:

They are so cute together! I don't know but watching their group videos, I feel like Joon Gi is always taking in consideration of Chae Won. Like for example, the clip where they need to say the lines of their co-stars and Chae Won awkwardly said Joon Gi's line, he did not tease her unlike how he teased his other co-stars. He doesn't joke around her too much (this is not a bad thing) because I think he's trying to make her feel comfortable. It seems like he likes her (to what extent, I don't know >.<, or maybe I'm just being delusional!!!).

Plus, it is really normal in Korea to rub hot pads on their co-star's shoulders? I'm just really wondering. xDDD Because, he's too considerate and sweet and I'm not complaining either haha! :jinbtscry: 

Well I know an actor who always do that for Chae Won but hmmm, I won't fall for this again. 🤣

Edited by eskate
Misinformation
28 minutes ago, moonlight glitter said:

Hello Chinggus.

I hope I am welcome here. JoonChae fan since CM. So happy to have found a forum for these two fave of mine

Hi! Welcome aboard ! Yes let’s talk about JoonChae here ! :yayaya:

Speaking of endless compliments, these two freely praise each other anytime,anywhere :yee:

Behind the scenes update:

Jiwon pinching Hyunsoo’s cheek was an adlib ! 

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Hello Joon-Chae shippers,

We just want to let you know that there's an upcoming Badge event starting this Thursday (7pm KST) where you can create a badge relating to dramas/movies. Since JoonChae pairing is based on FoE drama, you can definitely create a badge in relation to this ship!

More details here: 

:brb:

• Like 2
  • Party! 2

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

ACtC-3d14xD2xa_F4KMNxeuGIvWpNOBM3JklcoWp

OOᑎᕼᗩE

𝒸𝒶𝓈𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓈𝓉♡𝓇𝓎 

As told by Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won

The reunion--Three years in the making

When the casting for Criminal Minds Kr was announced, I remember I was squealing both in my desk and on twitter. As if there are kdrama gods out there that synchronized all possibilities for this pairing to happen. :wow:

Then it struck me that Criminal Minds is a crime procedural drama. NO LOVE ARC. :nervous: It got me mixed emotions then, because I was so trusting with the anticipated chemistry of these two stars, not discounting their acting chops offered on the table. The die is cast. Okay then, let's enjoy the show !

Right after the presscon, me and my friends were giddy once again after Lee Joon Gi pronounced this one:

EdxIQ7UUEAAzWCd?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Spoiler

He also mentioned on vlive that both him and Chaewon agreed that they need to have a comeback project in the future--a melodrama /romance drama as the genre. After Criminal Minds , they both ventured in another drama projects in 2018. Lee Joon Gi took another action/romance drama "Lawless Lawyer" while Moon Chae Won worked on "Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter".

2019 was a year of break from both of them. Joongi became busy since April of that year for his Delight tour. Meanwhile , Chaewon showed a glimpse of her personal life thru her instagram's movie recos. Then around September, some changes were noticed by Chaewon's fans. She again followed Namooactor's account, at the same time began liking photos related to Criminal Minds/Joongi. 

In October , another series of movie recos were posted by Chaewon--with themes related to dark / noir romance. Joongi also posted one video hinting a comeback--a rose and a knife with hashtag new movie.

In January 14, 2020, news of casting was released. Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won reunites in a romance-suspense drama as husband and wife. 

Fate and Destiny

This is becoming a label of sort to this couple, because there were side stories revealed about the process of casting for this drama. We usually find details of the behind the scenes from few dramas, a discretion of the PD if they opt to reveal or not (for example, Hospital Playlist) . 

In the case of Flower of Evil, we learned of the following events, thanks to Joongi's IG live, the process were elaborated more than what we initially learned from the 10min interview by tvN.

"Its my 2nd time working with Moon Chae Won after we worked together in Criminal Minds. Actually chaewon-ssi received the offer first for this Flower Of Evil drama and I received later. I remember when I was thinking a lot about this drama I talked with chaewon-ssi a lot over the phone. 

I called her  for a few times and shared my concerns. Because for me this drama would be too big for me... I thought is it a bit too early for me to take. And since I have worked with chaewon-ssi before, I wondered if we could convey these complicated emotions and pain as a mysterious married couple. As well as 14 years of lies and truth . True feelings; love and hate; I thought it would be so difficult for me to express those things. 

To express the complicated emotions, pain, and portray the 14 years married couple with the lies and truth in between, I thought it was going to be difficult. Also chaewon-ssi and I, our image is kind of... good? Or not? I'm sorry. Anyway that's why I was so worried.

I found it so demanding to portray this man in a complex and subtle way, who has run this family for 14 years.  Back then, I also thought about it simply: that I would have to play a father and a husband even though I have lived a (completely different life). So the role felt like something so far away.

That's why, at first, Chaewon-ssi couldn't directly say 'I hope oppa take it'. She was very careful since she knew how concerned I was . 

But then at the end I think if I can't surpass this mountain there will be no next step for me. What I should look at is the next step so I am going to make this drama well, make a good character out of it. It doesn't matter if I fail. What good would it do if I run away just because I feel afraid? This is too good an opportunity to pass up so I decided to take it. 

I remember Chaewon being so happy about it. 

She said she was so eagerly waiting for me to call and say OK.

I am so grateful to her for toughing it all out with me throughout the whole process. 

We actually have different personalities. Chaewon-ssi is a bit quite, serious, and passive or introvert? In other words, she is serious and a calm person. That's how she approaches her own character. Sometimes she would be tired too and when it happens I will *do gestures* (t/n maybe he means lift up mood). -

Since we have different personalities, we can complement each other.  I also learn a lot from Chaewon-ssi.

When Chaewon-ssi shows different emotions it makes me think how to respond with another expression too. Actually acting is not about only one person who do the best. Reaction is important.  I think an actor who reacts well is a really good actor. I want to be that kind of actor as well. That's why I think complementing each other is important. That's what 'ensemble ' means. 

"So Chaewon-ssi with her own style and I am more like energetic. If I receive something from her and feel grateful then I should reciprocate, right  ? Then Chaewon will also accept what I give her and make it into an expression . I have a different approach so I think we make a really great combination . 

Also , off the set , if I can, I also try to cheer many people up, including Chaewon . 

Spoiler

ImageImage

ImageImage

I am very confident that these two are super close as of now. In Korea, there is this culture of them not easily giving your number away even to your co-actors. Perfect example is when Joongi mentioned in healing camp that he doesn't have Shin Min Ah 's number. And the amount of phone calls these two had?  JG mentioned during his vlive interview in LL that he is more on text messages. Also , Moon Chae Won usually don't make phone calls with opposite sex

Are they really that close? Yes.:Ghastlel:

For one, the worries JG mentioned were shared to her. And they are still in the casting process. At least we know that Chaewon understood JG's worries when it comes to accepting a project that may affect both of their image. 

And they were happy after that. We can see through the presscon how they brag about this drama, hoping that this will be their another phase of life character. It also shows on the finished material every episode that is airing. Their chemistry had been upgraded that their bond is one among the most admired out there. 

And thanks to @atingngpex for this :

• Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

On 8/24/2020 at 5:27 AM, atingngpex said:

I know FOE is not over yet... BUT its not bad to wish for a Third reunion right? Anyways... some wishes do come true.. When FATE & DESTINY collide.... how about a SAGEUK DRAMA for our 2 royalties... oh well for now...lets just feast on this epic,remarkable SAGEUK FMV!!! 😍😍😍

Thank you @abovewallsfor the link... and all credit goes to the uploader...

ENJOY😍

wow!!!! this is an awesome FMV! perfect editing skills! 👏

Edited by bluepebbles
removed quoted video
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Lee Joon Gi being a 𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕒𝕥𝕖 partner to Moon Chae Won 

Episode 7 was entirely on fire with netizens ' squealing on the 'bed scene' that took place on the first 5 minutes of the drama. Joon Gi 's worries about his character as a married man would include this one. Definitely , a married couple in a melo-romance is expected to have scenes like this. 

his shy smile though

I am very grateful with Lee Joon Gi who has been careful in highlighting this scene during his IG live as one among the most memorable scenes they had filmed. He gave emphasis on the efforts of the entire staff at the same time explaining how they had been considering what to show:

Props to director because he made angles shot in a way that the scene's goal to deliver the inner struggle of Ji Won was perfectly executed. (It looks like she's not wearing on top but she was actually fully clothed ).

Also, Moon Chae Won acted on the scene flawlessly. 

Spoiler

• Heart Eyes 3

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

22 hours ago, bluepebbles said:

If they aren’t holding hands--

then I don’t know what is it:

Wait? Do guys think they were holding hands? Lol. I will be happy if yes :wow:, but it seems not? 

9 hours ago, bluepebbles said:

I am very grateful with Lee Joon Gi who has been careful in highlighting this scene during his IG live as one among the most memorable scenes they had filmed. He gave emphasis on the efforts of the entire staff at the same time explaining how they had been considering what to show:

Props to director because he made angles shot in a way that the scene's goal to deliver the inner struggle of Ji Won was perfectly executed. (It looks like she's not wearing on top but she was actually fully clothed ).

Also, Moon Chae Won acted on the scene flawlessly. 

And this one too! He was surely shy when talked about this on his ig live but he's very considerate. Actually, I never thought that their bed scene was extreme as others put it lol, but it was beautifully and emotionally shot! It was very moving, that's why I always prefer kdramas over other dramas -- they do not need to do extreme kissing scenes and show so much skin but they are still able to capture the emotion beautifully -- and even better! 

Edited by battery
  • Heart Eyes 3

looking at all the posts about the 2 of them and how they respect and appreciate each other, i cannot help but 'kiligin'.. and i guess they do too with each other (seeing their videos) :MewGiggle:.  mapanakit sila ng heart in a very good way. i wish they have a magazine shoot after the drama ends *cross-fingers*. that overflowing chemistry must not end just because the drama is ending or even better be real. :nani:!!! :LarvitarSDab1:

Edited by cloudcai
spelling errors caused by fangirling
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Finally I am done. :GrimChamp: 

Celebrating the  success of JoonChae couple as the drama will be having its finale next week!

Thank you to all contributors of this thread as of today :wow: .

More to come with this fanstastic, fated couple ! :yee:

@thealterego @abovewalls @atingngpex @Darkarcana @battery @hazelyeot @Erdbeer @cloudcai @moonlight glitter  @Ashes @joongichaewon @eskate @jth

Spoiler

Thanks to @Chocolate for the inspiration of spreadsheet ! 

b9ceea0259e84ce311e0a146539f059e.jpg

004e36773ab58081147d87adeb79e50f.pngc36f703e178dc07e81f21a681fd8a356.jpg

• Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 6
  • Party! 2

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor