JoonChae ​🌹​ Lee Joon Gi & Moon Chae Won

𝘖𝘧 𝘍𝘢𝘵𝘦, 𝘖𝘧 𝘋𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘺

Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won talks about Flower Evil and how does fate works according to them

92d34fe4218d0bfb3c0f1ec70b8d061a.jpg

Flower of Evil concluded its final episode on September 23, 2020 with a successful run having an impressive all time high ratings of 5.7 %. This culminates on the strength of the show's solid storyline, the actor's chemistry within the overall coordinated ensemble , and the director-writer 's power combo of creative story telling. Because of this, Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won had been recognized once again as 'Trust and Watch' actors, gaining more fans both from domestic and international scene. 

I am personally one among those fans of both who are genuinely happy and satisfied because this success attributed with their efforts at the same time the trust and confidence of this couple from the time the script were offered to them. 

Moon Chae Won , who received first the offer to play the role of the all time fave female character 'Cha Ji Won' , had already in mind who would play the role of Do Hyun Soo/Baek Hee Sung. According to Lee Joon Gi's casting story, he received the script later and took him two weeks to decide on whether he will accept this project or not.

Given the process of the casting up to now, Joongi did not fail to mention Chaewon's participation on this as well as how they both struggled the hardships of taking a new genre in kdrama scene. Yet , Chaewon, a trusting colleague who also believes that Joongi can do this , pursued in convincing him to accept the role. Those crucial two weeks had became a period of phone calls/meetings--where their worries, doubts, concerns and life stories were shared together.

"In fact, even before I thought about 'Flower of Evil,' I used to meet  Moon Chae-won a few times and talk about life stories that we were worried about. Even when I had a lot of worries before deciding on 'Flower of Evil,' 

If given the timeline:

Spoiler

Lee Joon Gi may have received the script around mid September last year. From September 11- 28, he did not update on his IG. Around that time, in September 20, Chaewon followed Namoo's IG and began liking JG/CMKr related photos. Chaewon also updated her IG, posted some vlogs of her paintings.

What is more interesting is how they both mentioned FATE/DESTINY during this era--from pre production to press con until the post -drama interviews of Joon Gi.

Way back in March 2019, an interview of Joon Gi mentioned how a good project will come to him like fate. He then acknowledged this one during the Flower of Evil press conference.

Apart from that, it was revealed on his post drama interview how he had made deliberations to appear on this drama, with realizations that this could be that mountain that he need to climb once again after The King and The Clown . 

Spoiler

Moon Chae Won did also mention how fate works for her , not discounting that she was a fan of Joongi since The King and The Clown. A fangirl becoming a female lead opposite of your fave actor/ bias ? Did she save her country during her past life ? Because flashback in 2017, there were series of events before both were finally decided to work together for Criminal Minds:

Spoiler

Kim Ah Jong were the first female lead being cast opposite to Joon Gi.

Moon Chae Won was initially offered to play the lead role for Bride of the Water God. 

Later, KAJ turned down the offer. 

Later, Moon Chae Won turned down the offer.

Later, Moon Chae Won was the final cast to play the female lead for CMKr.

There could be more factors on the casting process of CMKR, but it was just as if the events conspired for these two to meet and work together. In due time, they wished for another reunion.

And Flower of Evil happened in three years.

DISCLAIMER: This post is solely my impression based on the events/interviews, thus kindly link Janghaven when this is taken/reposted. Thank you.

Interview snippet

Sources: Chris on Twitter

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 4

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

1 hour ago, bluepebbles said:

Special tteokbokki would be good idea ! :MewGiggle: 

Ah yes, that Gunman in Joseon interview. Maybe they are referring to in depth interview then. 

There are more interviews coming up like this one where in they even went to meet writernim Yoo Jung Hee for story con . 

Yes. I'm confused because I read his post interview after LL. 

http://m.kpopherald.com/view.php?ud=201807181049294909152_2

Ah.. thank you for the link. Will go and read it now :)

• Like 3
4 hours ago, bluepebbles said:

Those crucial two weeks had became a period of phone calls/meetings--where their worries, doubts, concerns and life stories were shared together.

Hide contents

Lee Joon Gi may have received the script around mid September last year. From September 11- 28, he did not update on his IG. Around that time, in September 20, Chaewon followed Namoo's IG and began liking JG/CMKr related photos. Chaewon also updated her IG, posted some vlogs of her paintings.

Sorry to cut your post @bluepebbles

Actually from his interview released today, he said that even before he received the offer for Flower of Evil, they used to meet a few times for sharing their life stories, worries and struggles. That's tell us that they at least keep in touch after Criminal Minds :)

And the timeline of her following Namoo, that also due to her renewing her contract with them.. I believe, it was all due to her accepting FOE so decided to renewed with the agency. 

p.s. anyone can give a good explanation on why JG posted that scene where DHS and CJW talked about second wedding on his IG story? There was no caption. Nothing. *confused*

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Goodmorning:fam: woke up so happy with all these post FOE  interview( i actually went to bed feeling so giddy about it):love:.. LJG keeps on feeding us vitamin “tteokbokki” while chaewon is i guess busy sleeping/resting and getting ready for chuseok holiday and i just can’t help but be thankful about it..

just like what i said in LJG forum...i am in awe of  how he describes uri bbong.. his words to describe her are just so polite and so protective of her...
I can really feel their closeness after 3 yrs..LJG is not shy to divulge first in his IG live that he often call her & talk to each other about their worries and such..😍 and now in his post interview ..he was saying something about meeting up chaewon & not only talking about the drama but also their own life stories.. isnt that close enough? Im so happy that they found a “friend” in each other and not just a colleague.. And also i remember that LJG said that he got 2 weeks to think about FOE..and in those 2 weeks he said that chaewon didnt pressure him on deciding but rather he was thankful that she waited..

These two loves to talk... just talking about everything & anything under the sun and MOON ...and i love that... because.....

spacer.png

Have a nice JoonChae Day Everyone!!:wow::withu:

Edited by atingngpex
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 4

@Ashes as far as i remember.. no one knows really why he posted that and that "lines" & scene in particular.. 😉 but if its my shipper ❤️ And my delusional mind that will answer you... 

he is probably gearing us up to do it the 2nd time with chaewon... in a REAL setting!! :wow:

But of course this is just my joonchae ❤️ talking... (pls dont take me seriously or ... u can its up to you) :lol:

a fangirl can dream (just like uri bbong) ..who would imagine that the actor she used to get giddy about with her friend will end up being her husband in a drama:withu:

so yeah!! Im gonna go and keep on dreaming with my joonchae ship!!! 😍😍😍

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 4

Post interview of LJG... 

OH MY.. he is over the MOON with chaewon :wow:.. I mean another "chaewon talk" ... Joongiyahhhhhh what can i do if u keep on being like this to my queen!!! OTTOKE?????? 🤭🤭🤭 

EVEN BEFORE FOE: 

"In the interview, Lee Joon Gi shared that he had been keeping in touch with “Criminal Minds” co-star Moon Chae Won even before joining “Flower of Evil.” He said, “We met a few times before and talked about things like life and what projects we’re thinking about.”

MY FEEELSSSSSSSSS: :hearties:

AFTER FOE: 

"He then mentioned that Moon Chae Won must’ve been exhausted by the drama after portraying her character and all of Cha Ji Won’s emotions. With a laugh, Lee Joon Gi said, “She worked hard, and I should buy her something delicious to help her recover.”

And more feeeeeeeeeelssssssss!!!!  🌹😍spacer.png

OH MY JOONCHAE!!!😍😍😍

Edited by atingngpex
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 4
2 hours ago, ungi said:

mybe anyone knew about JG's manager left comment on that CW's "Helpless" movie post. Something unusual since he rarely do that. i dont understand because he wrote in korean.

Yes Sanghyun oppa left comment on Bbbong's IG for the movie Helpless by giving a hint perhaps that there will be a reunion project. They can't help to contain their excitement during that time ! :MewGiggle: 

@Ashes yes thank you for highlighting that ! 

@atingngpex now I was thinking of my post when the FOE casting news was released. They could have been seeing each other from time to time already to talk about life stories that they were worried about.  :PsyWhat::wow:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

I dont know how to attach image here but anyways i just read some interviews that Joon Gi wants a warm family, he wants to be a good husband and a good father like Baek Hee Seong.  (Source: Naver post wrap interview)

omg im so relieved he said that. To be honest i was a bit worried because hmmm he acts a bit flamboyant and it seems marriage was not in his mind (and on IG live he said he doesnt know when he will get married; maybe he will not even be able to get married - or something along those lines) 

My shipper mind hopes they will miss each other after this project and grow closer. Miss them sooo muchh

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
11 hours ago, ungi said:

mybe anyone knew about JG's manager left comment on that CW's "Helpless" movie post. Something unusual since he rarely do that. i dont understand because he wrote in korean.

what about JG mentioned jang hee jin was his good friend? he also talked about her in last interview, 

The manager also commented on his recent spring bed ad post (LOL) the true or heaven caption. The manager commented with 'Heaven'.  I know the manager always liked all his posts and also other Namooactors' posts but not sure about commenting?

As for JHJ.. he said they are coworker and friend. He also said the same thing with SHW.

By the way, the interviews articles are here and there. There are still more talks on Chaewon that didn't get translated. 

Edited by Ashes
  • Like 5
  • Insightful 1
7 hours ago, Lotuzea said:

I dont know how to attach image here but anyways i just read some interviews that Joon Gi wants a warm family, he wants to be a good husband and a good father like Baek Hee Seong.  (Source: Naver post wrap interview)

Welcome to JangHaven and to this thread...We have some guide here that may help you on how to upload images .

https://janghaven.com/forum/21-faq/

Keep the posts coming folks. I love reading them. 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

23 hours ago, bluepebbles said:

credit to @lydialiem for the screenshot 💕

Oh thanks 😊 

He said that the movie is fun and intense, but lol.. so interesting that the manager commented edit: I just realised he already knows Chaewon since CM days and has selca with her in his account ^^

Edited by bluepebbles
Removed quoted image
  • Like 2
  • Star Struck 1

d2af6bd8cfee32bad5573330d5e37634.jpg

𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘦

I am fully aware that bringing this word will either bring readers internal squealing or a lingering feeling of what if's. This topic for me to finally discuss in a public thread can be coined in different ways depending on how you feel or see about this one true pairing. 

Marriage is such a very serious scenario most specially if this involves two people whom private lives we shouldn't intrude despite their celebrity status. I know, it's rude in real life to ask them about questions like this while I just sit here behind my keyboard rambling on this wonderful couple.

But the past few days ,  I keep on reading interviews and testimonies coming from the both of them about how this project was realized because of their contributed efforts--i am pondering how their relationship nourished since Criminal Minds era. It is a very fleeting story to witness how their friendship grew through out those three years. And here comes a defining project presented to them last year--would they make it together ?

Let's see, they said. Let's do it, they said.

You can do it, she said.

We'll make it through it, he said. 

Looking back, Joongi was asked multiple times on how he perceives marriage after his discharge from the military. In 2012, he only mentioned one word to define what love for him would probably be: 

Someday..Someday the moment of fate will come.

21a621232aca6ed1bbc6a3acc97a52b2.jpg128c6a577f3e4d8ee4043d253a5ae459.jpg

In 2016, Joongi was asked again, and this time he made a concrete answer about his future plans . In an interview from The Star:

I just have a vague idea that I want to be married in three years when I am 38. Somehow it may feel terrible if I am married later than that I am still young. The marriage life may be suffocating. I have such fear. And I really like it now. 

In 2020, he is comfortable in mentioning about having a family of his own. Perhaps an influence on his Flower of Evil journey at the same time the mindset that he is having lately:

Spoiler

ImageSource: Chris on Twitter 

Meanwhile, Moon Chae Won’s view on marriage doesn't fall behind from Joongi's ideal age of settling down. When asked about marriage in 2013, Moon Chae Won said,

“I am 28 this year, and feel that it’s still too early for that. Young people these days get married at a later age, because they want to focus on their work. And naturally, they go over 30 years old when marriage happens.”

What if. :eeeee:

Well it is only the two of them how far their relationship as close friends will go. Given the interviews made by Joongi, it is unclouded that he and Chaewon has close ties even before Flower of Evil happened. I am very much contented if they will end up getting married and rear family in three years time. A fangirl heart can wish. :hearties:

468001719965d28041d37972542d8ae9.jpg

DISCLAIMER: This post is solely my impression based on the events/interviews, thus kindly link Janghaven when this is taken/reposted. Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

I've seen the new BTS of flower of evil episode 14 and 15 from namoo actors! My goodness they are so cutee!!! I love their eyes when they are talking to one another Hihi they look in love. :love:  Chae Won also patted him in the head for reasons I don't know haha, I can't understand what they are saying, there are no subs yet! :cry:

Plus, Joon Gi playfully calling "Ji Won-ah" multiple times then "Chae Won-ah" because Moon Chae Won was not there. :smile: Oh my, my heart. :heart:

---

And oh, I've been really contemplating to say this for a while. Please do note that I love you all, and this post below is just me being a concern fan of Moon Chae Won, a new fan of Lee Joon Gi and being a responsible shipper.

Spoiler

So, here it is...since Flower of Evil aired I've been camping into twitter for a while now and I really enjoy all the cute and giggling tweets about JoonChae. Because of those tweets, my shipper heart become so much alive, with, of course, Joon Gi as the captain of our ship. :hearties: 

However, I noticed certain tweets regarding Criminal Minds Korea (2017) presscon JoonChae contents, claiming Joon Gi was already attracted to her during those times. Don't get me wrong, I love them so much too! It's really not a problem had it stayed like that as pure fate, destiny and their friendship being in bloom. I also found cute and fate like tweets mirroring their relationship as being colleagues in criminal minds and a married couple in flower of evil. However, the problem I saw with the certain tweets, although it seem they do not intend harm, is the mentioned of Joon Gi even having a girlfriend during those time and couldn't help being attracted to our moon. Other shippers who follow those accounts, couldn't also help but to think of an scandal worthy possibility. Which, I am certain is not the case. Even if Joon Gi might have broken apart with his ex even before criminal minds (just my assumption, since, the break up news could have been delayed) or in just in rocks of their relationship, as a fan of both and a shipper, I think those kind of statements might do more harm than fun to both of them. I don't want our Chae Won to be caught in that kind of scandal even though it's all in the past now. I also don't believe that Lee Joon Gi would do such thing, I have so much respect for the man and that's one of the reasons I ship him to Chae Won. Now, regarding the CM's press con joonchae crumbs, I hope instead of claiming romantic attachments during those early times, I hope others would see it as a beautiful friendship in bloom to avoid scandals and hates. So, that's it and let's focus on new contents because there are so many~

If this post is offensive in any other kind, mianhee T_T But, I really love you all. Let's ship responsibly!

Edited by battery
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2