Under The Queen's Umbrella 슈룹 [2022]

wink_

tumblr-79ec96a9b167d2fb99ee6d55d3d7f3d9-

Tenderness Falling In Love 'Under The Queen's Umbrella' •  Video  • Clip Cuts 

source:

Spoiler

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 6

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Content Writing Reporter Jang Woo Young, Osen

p1065593928732520-591-thum.jpg

tvN drama "Under the Queen's Umbrella" starring Kim Hye Soo who showed mother's love as Queen has ended with viewership ratings of around 16%.

According to the data by Nielson Korea on Monday, the series finale, which aired previous day at 9:10 p.m., has recorded average nationwide ratings of 16.9%, marking its own highest ratings.

In the final episode, Queen Im Hwaryeong (Kim Hye Soo) who fought against the secret struggle to protect her children was drawn. Hwaryeong, who faced the terrible secret of the royal family while digging up the truth eventually convinced King Lee Ho (Choi Won Yeong) to reveal the cause of unfortunate death of Crown Prince. Lee Ho, who rose to the throne after the death of Crown prince, had guilty conscience but the Queen reminded him that he is a wise king who had been working for the people, leading him to the right path.

Won Son, who was kicked out of the palace after being falsely accused, has been reinstated. Queen Hwaryeong was happy that she kept her promise on behalf of her deceased son at the end.

Grand Crown Prince Seongnam (Moon Sang Min) and large army also returned to their normal lives. Becoming a father, Grand Prince Muan (Yoon Sang Hyeon) is elaborating secret plan for his baby, while sexual minority Grand Prince Gyeseung (Yoo Seong Ho) left the palace to live the way he wants. Grand Crown Prince kissed Crown Princess Yoon Chungha (Oh Ye Ju) his soft kiss really means, finishing in happy ending.

On the contrary, Queen Dowager Cho (Kim Hae Sook) could not get rid of her greed until the end, meeting her last day in tragedy.

The drama was praised for depicting the Queen as a mother who has an ardent love towards her children. The title of the drama means umbrella in old sayings, representing love of mother who endure rain and wind for her children like an umbrella.

Kim Hye Soo gained affection from the viewers for going through fire and water for her sons while struggled by troubling large force.

The drama warmly depicted Queen acknowledging sexual minority Grand Prince Gyeseung and directing reckless Crown Prince Muan to be a good husband.

She also deeply moved viewers by comforting not only her son but also Prince Shimso (Moon Sung Hyun) who was having trouble due to greedy mother.

The intense conflict between Queen Hwaryeong, who is trying to protect people and Queen Dowager Cho, who wishes her grandson as Crown Prince, led the drama. Kim Hye Soo and Kim Hae Sook acted enthusiastically, exchanging lines with charismatic eyes and stubborn gestures. They, as veteran actresses, were praised for showing outstanding performances.

source:

http://mosen.mt.co.kr/entertainment

817aak-He145-GTVEi6-Lzx-HSBpbth.jpg

• Like 6

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Recap the highlights from 'Under The Queen's Umbrella', winning the war for the right to breathe and move • Video clip • Behind-the-scenes shots

source

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

tumblr-68c1cb74b423e3dc2cf387a5cbfec9c8-

By Lee Gyu Lee

Kim Hye Soo says she learned about motherhood in 'Under the Queen's Umbrella'

optimize.jpg

A scene from tvN's series 'Under The Queen's Umbrella' / Courtesy of tvN

Actress Kim Hye Soo said that her role as a determined, eager queen in tvN's recent series "Under The Queen's Umbrella" taught her what a mother's love is.

"I respect every mother in this world. (through the series), I've learned a lot about the power of a mother's love and love in general. I hope (the series) gave everyone in this world a sense of comfort," she said through the network.

Led by director Kim Hyung Sik, whose previous work includes the period series "Secret Door" (2014), the period drama series revolves around a queen (Kim Hye Soo) who is a dedicated mother of three rowdy sons. Throwing away her pride and grace as a queen, she does what it takes to mold one of her sons to become the king of the Joseon period, against her competitors.

The 16-part series ended on Sunday with its highest viewership rating of 16.9 percent.

Kim expressed gratitude toward the series' wrap, thanking the viewers and her co-stars. "I thank everyone for loving and supporting 'Under The Queen's Umbrella,' for empathizing with the princes' characters. We were able to wrap it up successfully, thank you," she said.

The series' actors, Choi Won Young, who played King Lee Ho and Ok Ja Yeon, who played the concubine, also thanked viewers for the series' successful wrap.

"Like the title, working on this series was like enjoying each other's company under a big umbrella. I'm thankful to be part of the journey that allowed me to feel passionate to work towards the same goal together and be grateful for each other," he said. "I extend my gratitude towards the viewers for loving and supporting the series we've made with our sweat and effort."

Ok Ja Yeon added, "I'm really happy that the series I poured my heart into has gotten so much love."

The two shared that they had such a blissful time working with veteran actors like Kim Hye Soo and Kim Hae Sook, who played the mother of the king.

"When I made scenes with Kim Hye Soo, I felt very subtle emotions and charisma, which I wanted to learn. I felt very fortunate to have this opportunity to work with such great stars like Kim Hye Soo and Kim Hae Sook," Ok Ja Yeon said.

Choi Won Young also added that he had learned a lot from his co-stars.

"Every moment I acted with fellow co-stars was a moment to learn. And I was thrilled to have worked with them," he said.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

tumblr-4d7236dbeefb585e2017da145f3ffada-

tumblr-1a5f175e3a97d895f57801fbd572aba5-

The love shown by a wife is natural personified | The power of a mother's love 'Under The Queen's Umbrella' | Video Footage | Clip - Tving

source:

• Party! 4

tumblr-14ee2737336a263cbe64297378854bcd-

By Lee Gyu Lee

'Under the Queen's Umbrella' writer responds to accusations of historical inaccuracies

optimize.jpg

A scene from tvN recent series "Under the Queen's Umbrella" / Courtesy of tvN

The writer and creator of tvN's "Under the Queen's Umbrella," Park Ba Ra, responded to allegations that the period series contains inaccurate descriptions of Korean history.

"I've looked through a countless number of journals, historic documents, and books to write one line while I scripted 'Under the Queen's Umbrella,'" the writer said in a written interview by the network. "And in the series, tons of gorgeous, traditional sceneries of the country appear, along with beautiful hanbok, binyeo (a Korean traditional hairpin), and Korea's traditional food like kimchi."

The 16-part period series revolves around a queen, Im Hwaryeong (Kim Hye Soo), who is a dedicated mother of three rowdy sons.

Throwing away her pride and grace as a queen, she does what it takes to mold one of her sons into becoming the king of the Joseon Kingdom.

The series has garnered popularity since kicking off in October, wrapping with a 16.9 percent viewership rating earlier this month.

However, despite its popularity, the series also faced controversy with some accusing it of falsely portraying Korean history when it comes to royal customs and using the modern simplified Chinese characters in the scenes.

The writer apologized for using simplified Chinese characters in one of the scenes, explaining it was a mistake. But she added that the Chinese characters used in the series were consulted by an expert.

"We decided to edit out or alter some of the (Chinese-related) elements to make the viewers less uncomfortable watching it. But (one of the captions) was left unedited accidentally, and was changed immediately after it was aired," she said, "But we consulted with an expert from the development stage on all of the names used in the series."

She added that although she accepts criticism to improve her work in the future, she also expressed it might interfere with creative freedom.

"I believe criticism and harsh standards, as well as the improvements they might trigger, are part of the interest people show toward the work.

And I intend to express gratitude and will put more effort (into my work)," she said.

"Boundless imagination is the key factor in developing and creating 'fusion' period genre.

So if you try to put those imaginative elements under strict historical standards, it might limit those imaginations. I will try my best to create an environment where more writers can take a stab at the fusion period genre and create such series."

She noted that she wanted to portray an independent, self-assertive queen with the character of Hwaryeong.

"She follows the rules, but also goes against those who cheat or cross boundaries, like a bulldozer, and shows 'eye for an eye.' I wanted to show how a person in power properly uses that power," she said. "I wanted to portray a figure who uses that power to protect someone and at the same time, punish some ruthlessly, which makes her a more elegant queen."

• Clapping Hands 4

By Dong Sun Hwa

INTERVIEW | Why 'Under The Queen's Umbrella' star Yoo Seon Ho loves his nickname 'princess'

optimize.jpg

Singer-turned-actor gets favorable viewer responses for portrayal of secretive character.

For Yoo Seon Ho, playing Grand Prince Gyeseong in tvN's historical fiction drama "Under The Queen's Umbrella" was not a walk in the park. During the day, Gyeseong, the fourth son of Queen Hwaryeong ― played by actress Kim Hye Soo ― is her best-behaved son, who pleases his mother with his academic accomplishments. But at night, he secretly heads to his "haven" and disguises himself as a woman to express his hidden sexual identity.

The rationale behind his double life is simple. Being a prince of the conservative Joseon Kingdom (1392-1910), Gyeseong's life could have been threatened if his sexual orientation had been revealed. His life, however, takes a drastic turn after his mother gets to know about his secret.

"When I first flipped through the script of 'Under The Queen's Umbrella,' I didn't quite know what to do," Yoo said during an interview with The Korea Times at the newspaper's headquarters in central Seoul, Dec. 6. "I had no idea how to approach my character, so I referred to a series of films, dramas and documentaries and even read some research papers to get some hints. I actually watched the 2015 biographical romantic drama film 'The Danish Girl' ― which revolves around a sexual minority ― four to five times. I also studied male and female hormones."

His efforts seem to have paid off. Numerous viewers praised his realistic and sensitive portrayal of a challenging character after watching "Under The Queen's Umbrella." The 16-part series ― which is a tale of a queen who dedicates herself to her sons' education to make one of them the next king ― was also successful in terms of viewership ratings, with its finale airing on Dec. 4 scoring a 16.9 percent rating, according to Nielsen Korea.

"Dressing up like a woman was something unfamiliar to me in the beginning, but as time went by, I got used to it," Yoo recalled. "I think I really looked like a woman in the end. (Thanks to the drama) some fans began calling me 'princess' and now it is my favorite nickname. I think the word itself sounds pretty."

optimize-1.jpg

Yoo Seon Ho disguises himself as a woman in the tvN drama, "Under The Queen's Umbrella." Courtesy of tvN

He added that he was particularly fond of the last episode, in which Gyeseong decides to leave the palace to pursue his own happiness.

"Just like many other actors, I had regrets for not having done a better job, but now I am more lighthearted," he said. "I am thankful to people for loving our series so much."

The drama has wrapped up, but Yoo's fans will still be able to see him on TV, as he recently joined the cast of the popular KBS travel variety show "1 Night 2 Days."

"I was anxious about appearing on my favorite TV show, but I was warmly welcomed by everyone when I went to the filming spot for the first time," he said. "Honestly, I am not very humorous, but I can spread positive energy to people around me. In the future, I want to visit Dokdo and nearby Ulleung Island in the East Sea with the members of '1 Night 2 Days.'"

Yoo first made his name known to the public in the second season of Mnet's audition program "Produce 101" (2017). Although he could not join Wanna One ― the project boy band formed on "Produce 101" which consisted of the top 11 contestants ― he still won the hearts of numerous fans for his endless efforts to hone his performing skills. At the moment, Yoo does not plan to release a new album or a single, but hopes he gets the chance to sing a song for a drama he will star in.

"One of my goals is to sing a song for my character if I get to appear as a protagonist," he said. "I hope I can be featured in some great works in 2023, too."

• Party! 4