Under The Queen's Umbrella 슈룹 [2022]

wink_

The only Princes I like in this drama is quite a few. 

Prince Bogeum - - I don’t trust him because of his gaze. His gaze gives me so much goosebumps 

Prince Simo I trust him because he is kind and doesn’t want to be king. He would never kill his brother to win. He also likes and spend time with the Grand Princes

Prince Muan - I have tried to like him but he is reckless and he keeps forgetting his place. Even Prince Ilyoung knows to behave himself. He also knows to be worried of being deposed. This kid seem to only think about love. He refuses to understand his mom being worried. This woman he loves should be more considerate since she herself is indebted to the Queen and should steer far away from her son. This is why, I don’t trust this character either. 

Prince Gyesong  He is a loyal son and very smart. But his desire to being a woman seems to be controlling him. It’s almost like he has no self control and it makes me wonder if that is the same desire for people out in the real world.  Him and his brother Muan seem to be too reckless. Like they have no care in the world. Neither of them are worried that they will be deposed if none of them don’t become crown Prince. I don’t think it is something they need to be told. I am positive the they have heard about it  I recall the youngest Prince questions his mom about it. Even though she denied it, it should still make them think twice. 

I wonder is Consort Hwang a part of th rebellion. Will she help the Physician infiltrate the Palace and kill the Emperor. The Physician has enough for information that can ruin her and her son’s future. Lol lol lol   @twink_twink_ @Tofu @ktcjdrama @rocher22

I am dying to know Print Seongnam’s story. I recall camera zooming in on black spot on baby. The flashback scene when they took Prince Seongnam from Hwa Ryeong was a sad terrible time for her. Til this day she furious about what happened back then. 

I am curious was she in the palace or living outside the palace?? Can anyone guess

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

I started this and is so good. I am midway in eps 3 and  the harem scheming & plotting , along with the competition among the princes, is quite delicious. :hug: I think what makes this show special is that we're not seeing this from the perspective of the king and neither is it focused on palace romance. We're seeing this from the perspective of a mother who happens to be the Queen. Those five boys don't even realise what she's got to do to not only to keep the throne, but to make sure they all survive. While I can see why everyone is rather smitten with Prince Seongnam  (what a break out role for Moon Kang Min!) , it's Kim Hye Soo that is the main draw for me. They could not have chosen a better actress. I love the relationship between the 5 brothers though so far little is shown about them but you can tell there's unity and affection. And also love the relationship that the Queen has with her Court Lady. Without the latter, the Queen would not have survived these years. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

@Tofu I generally dislike seeing the concubines in palace fighting for power because 99% of the time the dramas made them look petty, pathetic and makes me feel sad for women in those times. However, episode 5-6 were very well executed and I enjoyed it because it was a battle of wit rather than just pettiness. It was also done in a satisfying way seeing Hwang Gwi-in demoted to the lowest rank in Concubine status (insert Bart Simpson's Ha-ha! here, thank you!), giving the Maid-to-Concubine team the opportunity to diss her back. Bo Gum's mum is 3rd rank So Yong (senior rank). No wonder she's all 😏, hahahahahaha!

@UnniSara Actor Moon Sang Min doesn't have a mole on his neck, so the mole on Seong Nam's neck was deliberate and has its meaning, which I'm sure will be revealed later.

In Chinese feng shui, it is considered unlucky for a boy to have a mole on the left side of his neck. You are more prone to suffer financial difficulties, relationship problems, and health concerns if you have a mole on the right side of your neck.

If you have this mole, the best thing to do when doing business is to make rational decisions and not let your emotions direct you, which could provide false guidance. Similarly, if you have a mole on the left side of your neck, your marital relationship is likewise not harmonious and peaceful because of the lack of nurturing and intimacy between you and your partner, according to Chinese feng shui. — source

Since Seong Nam was conceived during mourning period, it is possible that Queen Hwa Ryeong had to live outside the palace to conseal her pregnancy from the court/public. Filial piety is very important at the time since the Joseon dynasty follows Confucian's teaching. What King Lee Ho did was outright disrespectful and unfilial to his father's death. This wouldn't sit well in Queen Dowager's book especially she worked so hard to get her son on the throne. The court would also criticise the King — the timing is just not right at the time. As time passed, this gets forgotten and the King had proven himself to be worthy, hence the fuss is over and Seong Nam was able to return to the palace (thanks to Seja and I'm sure Hwa Ryeong helped in the background with her wits).

Anyway, I've grown fond of the Grand Princes especially 2nd - 4th. My wish for Seong Nam is to be King although I totally do not mind that he later relinquish it to the rightful owner, i.e., his brother's son. I don't mind seeing him leaving the palace with Chung Ha being his only wife. I honestly do not wish Chung Ha to love him soooo much only to become one of his many wives because no King only ever have one wife in history! Chung Ha and Seong Nam's loveline is really cute. They reminded me of It Started With A Kiss, except Seong Nam is a much nicer hero than Irie.

I don't know what would become Gye Sung but I also wish he'd be able to be free from the palace or palace duty. It's a pity because he's also a very intelligent prince and would be of good servant to the court, and is able to assist Seong Nam whom Seong Nam can trust.

As for Mu An, like father like son. He loves women. 🙄 He's lucky that he's cute (well, the actor is). I was disappointed in him as Queen Hwa Ryeong has pointed out in episode 6 as all he could offer is for Chu Wol to be his concubine and nothing more. It just goes to show he didn't love her enough to fight for her to be his only one or give up being a royalty for her. In another perspective, I guess he still knows his place and duty as a prince, and Chu Wol can only be his mistress than wife.

I was delighted Prince Bo Gum decided to compete fairly against Seong Nam. I like that he withheld honour and respect his opponent. He's worthy of the throne too except Seong Nam is just the more suitable King because he knows both sides (live the life of commoner and as a royal) and he bothers to go out of the palace and observe the people.

Prince Ui Sung was never going to be the worthy one since Day One. He doesn't treat his other blood brothers as brothers. I'm still puzzled as to why his mother still thinks she should have been the Queen so many years later. LOLLL. But without a villainous concubines plotting with her daddy dearest the Minister, we wouldn't have a show. Tee hee. She's quite stupid to fall for Hwa Ryeong's trick at the painting reveal. She should have sensed something was off when Hwa Ryeong told her if her accusation was false she had to pay for it. Hwa Ryeong was looking too calm and confident at the time even though it can be seen as bluffing. She should at least check the painting before bringing the King over. Haha. In the palace, you trust no one, not even the servants.

Hahaha @abs-oluteM this show definitely centers around Kim Hye Soo. I doubt she would take on this drama if she's not the main "main". Moon Sang Min is the cherry on top of the cake that is Kim Hye Soo since I like Oppa, not Unni. :laugh: I'm so envious she gets to be surrounded by these young boys.

And yes @Chocolate I'm happy to hear you approve of Seong Nam being a "nice" watch. :laugh:

img.gif

I think the main reason we are able to enjoy this drama is because it's fictional. There are many things we see in there is considered a stray from the real history, tradition and culture. I think this is also why at first I had to adjust myself in the beginning e.g., I was a bit weirded out with Hwa Ryeong being so expressive and showed disrespect towards Queen Dowager. A Queen always have to walk with grace but Queen Hwang Ryeong either speed walks or runs in the Palace. :laugh: This drama focuses on mother's love, which is rare in Royal history as we've learnt the brothers kill one another, father kills son and so on. But I like this version better because I'm tired of the old-fashioned storyline of Royal Palace politics. A different take is welcome.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Nice gif up there @mademoiselle :love:

And yes, I love this different take of palace politics for once. Seen from a mother’s perspective. I almost chocked on my lunch, tearing up again in ep.10 when Queen HR reached out her hand to the pregnant woman seated on the ground. She is a fierce woman, yet very compassionate. 

Yay! @abs-oluteM is watching too! Haha, I didn’t even realized you’re not watching that I didn’t think of tagging you. This is one drama I would recommend now when people ask me what’s good out there to watch. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

@ktcjdrama I would have started but I had so many dramas that I knew I had to put this on hold till more shows ended. It's quite addictive.  I will use this week to catch up. 

34 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm so envious she gets to be surrounded by these young boys.

Like how I feel too :laugh:

• Haha 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Taking credit of your brother’s work 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886f392e1b7e671235fac

He was so arrogant here , he should have listened to his brother .

that is why he will never be King . I have a theory, Queen Dowager wants Prince Uiseong to be Crown Prince. She is just using Prince Bogeum and his mom to dirty their hands . Same goes for Consort Hwang and Prince Uiseong, let them dirty their hands with blood and no one can blame her for the outcome in the future.  She is truly evil . 

Even Prince Bogeum , was ready to cheat or give up. It took Prince Seongnam’s bravery and opinion on Gertrude of Corrupt officials. . It was this belief which persuaded Me Park to accept the summons. Prince Bogeum isn’t a leader but a follower. 

• Like 6

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

On 11/14/2022 at 7:37 AM, mademoiselle said:

I don't know what would become Gye Sung but I also wish he'd be able to be free from the palace or palace duty. It's a pity because he's also a very intelligent prince and would be of good servant to the court, and is able to assist Seong Nam whom Seong Nam can trust.

I feel the same way about him too. I think he is very smart and would be great in the court should he be given a chance. However, I also want him to leave the palace so he can live his life more freely. 

Wow, he actually jumped off the cliff! I would never do that. I would be too scared of the rope breaking or something. LOL!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I am all caught up. This show was so addictive that I found myself just watching episode after episode. I cried a river when the CP died. Even though Baek In Hyuk's screen time was minimal, the scenes he had was enough to make you wish he didn't have to die as he seemed like he would be a good successor to the throne. But of course this set in motion the competition we have now.  Like most of you,  I think GP Seong Nam should be the one to succeed the throne. He's fearless and thinks out of the box. And more importantly he has a good heart. I believe that his father the King can see that.  The King also surprised me. He's very sharp too and has his own mind on how things should be. 

And gosh our Queen here has a heart of steel. I am not sure if could stay as strong and handle problem after problem the way she does. Almost every episode she is fighting some fire. But I have to say one of my favorite "manoeuvre”  of hers was when she got all the wives to sit down and embroider so that they could not go and help their princes.  That was well-played. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

photo1583769.jpg

Content Writing Reporter Hwang Su Yeon of Xports News.

mb-1668644059486026.jpg

The romance of the great soldiers ripe within the contest. 

In the midst of fierce competition for the succession to the throne, tvN's Saturday-Sunday drama 'Under The Queen's Umbrella', the fresh love lines between Prince Seongnam (played by Moon Sang Min) and Prince Muan (played by Yoon Sang Hyun) stimulating excitement.

First, Grand Prince Seongnam met Chung Ha (Oh Ye Joo) at a store while looking for a way to cure the Crown Prince (Bae In Hyeok) before he died, and owed money for the medicine at the first meeting. As Seongnam Daegun had no time to pay for the medicine, the thread of connection was about to be severed due to the storming events, but Chung Ha began to connect the ties and was able to write a new story.

Leaving only a letter saying that she was leaving to find her husband to marry, she headed to Manwol Do without fear, and there she had a thrilling reunion with Grand Prince Seongnam.

The existence of Chung Ha, she goes straight only to herself without showing any sign of hiding her heart from Seongnam Grand Prince, who bears the heavy responsibility of protecting his mother, Queen Hwaryeong  (Kim Hye Soo) and his siblings.

The blunt Grand Prince Seongnam doesn't seem to care about Chung Ha on the outside, but he shows consideration in the dark, revealing a piece of his heart that is slowly permeating.

Here, the bold but sincere confession of Chung Ha's feelings of having a fast-beating, made the heart of Grand Prince Seongnam was seldom surprised, sink down and the airflow between the two is slowly changing to the same color. Viewers are paying attention to their blended chemistry, which is 180 degrees different from the cynical Seongnam Daegun and pretty young woman Chung Ha.

Then, Prince Muan realized that he had feelings beyond friendship towards Chowol (Jeon Hye Won). He fell asleep with Chowol wrapped in a blanket but even if he was caught, Muan Daegun, who insisted that he was just a friend, was shocked by the word that transcendence became a parasitic, and realized that his heart for transcendence, whom he believed to be a friend, was more inclined to love.

1668644066425868.jpg

'tap on the link'

'source'

https://www.xportsnews.com/article/1655294

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 6

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

I am so excited right now and want to give out a spoiler ALERt 

I know who will the next CROWN PRINCE 

Only check box if you want the SPOILER 

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886dca5a8444df0a75d22

OmG I was so shocked seeing this .  I GOT THIS SPOILER WHILE AT WORK SO I CAN’T jump up and down with EXCITEMENT.   Found this video show the likeness between Morher and Son

Prince Seongnam’s is more like his mother than all the other Princes 

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148863d4806a0cb1948c983

@Chocolate @abs-oluteM @twink_twink_  @Tofu  @ktcjdrama

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I wonder what will become of the third GP and the girl he slept with. 

I can’t wait for him to learn and see what happens to the people a Prince love . He will try to fight it until is too late. 
I think she just might end up dead or shipped somewhere far away. 

The Queen blind side are her children and they are weakest point. 

• Like 5

the-Queens-Umbrella-Moon-Sang-Min-271020

rumor and related story about 'Under The Queen's Umbrella'  paternity controversy | teaser trailer

source

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 5

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

OmG !!!!  Consort Tae's voice was so annoying in this episode. I found this actress voice annoying in this drama but wow!!

She was finally put in her place dreaming the big dream of becoming QUEEN .

WE finally know why Queen Dowager has done all these horrible things and what power she really crave. She has finally obtaine ULTIMATE Power on these two Concubine.  Concubine Hwang and Consort Tae. 

Consort Hwang was coveting the Queen Spot  but gave it all up because she wanted her son to be Crown Prince

Queen Dowager is evil

• Like 5

Looks like Prince Uiseung is not the King’s son. Could it be that Consort Hwang’s affair with Physician Kwon started a long time ago? And the rebellion was their plan? Were they so anxious that they were going to overthrow the King once Uiseung became CP? (Although I still cannot understand why the Master Physician who was helping during the plague would want to get involved with that.)

This Consort Hwang 🙄 Her plans all fail! She’s beginning to look like someone who thinks herself so smart but is actually quite ineffective.

The Queen as usual was strong. In today’s episode, we see her win with compassion/sincerity instead of punishment. A much better way to gain loyalty than through fear.

The drama is truly very good. The only weak point to me continues to be the Empress Dowager. There is just not enough about her background to explain her power. If she had her own family backing, why would she keep relying on the Minister of War who is the deposed Queen’s Yoon family? Furthermore, it doesn’t make sense for her to support Uiseung. His family is scheming and there is a high chance they will default on their promises. They are likely to even harm her. Her best chance for power is to support Bogeum, but she discriminated against him. Thus I wish the writing here was more convincing, but the drama is so entertaining I will try not to think about it 😂

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
4 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Looks like Prince Uiseung is not the King’s son. Could it be that Consort Hwang’s affair with Physician Kwon started a long time ago? And the rebellion was their plan? We’re they so anxious that they were going to overthrow the King once Uiseung became CP? (Although I still cannot understand why the Master Physician who was helping during the plague would want to get involved with that.)

I did mention that before but everyone told me she would never cross that line. I suspected it because the King only loves his queen. He fatherd 4 son while everyone else only had one son with him. 

I am still watching right now 

Everyone I just thought is something 

Minister of War was from the same clas as the Previous Queen yet he is loya to the woman who murdered his relative. Isn’t that worrisome. 

Will the Queen Dowagers still support Prince Uiseong even knowing he isn’t hee grandson. What will she do???

• Like 3