Under The Queen's Umbrella 슈룹 [2022]

wink_

Im curious about SN's back story. I dont think his mother told him the whole truth.

I assume she couldnt send him outside the palace without the King's permission.  

Loved the scene when Kang entered his mothers chamber without hesitation.  :cool:

19 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Raise your hand if you think the Crown Prince is poisoned.

11 hours ago, UnniSara said:

I also think he is poisoned.

its a little strange that the Queen didnt suspect it... 

The Crown Prince recovered because the royal kitchen didnt prepare meals for him.

Everyone thought he was outside the palace. 

• Like 3

tumblr-6a50ac8229964224d081d05afb085f04-

while previewing re-cut videos  'Under The Queen's Umbrella',  viewers have the option to click on

source:

Spoiler

• Like 6

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

The ending of ep.3 is so touching... What a great mother Queen HR is. She was able to accept something that was so shocking for her just days before, and even found such creative way to tremendously console her son GP Gye Seong. I especially love their walk in the rain.

Love the family meal time seeing Queen HR and her sons enjoying each other's presence. I believe it's rare to see loving relationship among royal siblings. There are usually rivalry and suspicion (>> Scarlet Heart Ryeo)

I think CP is not dead yet, but to vomit blood in front of so many people... deposing it is. If he is dead, there won't be any need to call for deposition, right? I just hope he remains alive, and live a life as regular with his little growing family. We don't have to see him back on screen, let us just know he is alive.

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

14 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Im curious about SN's back story. I dont think his mother told him the whole truth.

I assume she couldnt send him outside the palace without the King's permission.  

Loved the scene when Kang entered his mothers chamber without hesitation. 

Second Grand Prince was taken by the Queen Dowager because he overheard something @rocher22  Scene in Flashback  GP Gyeseong asked GP Seongnam why he lived outside the palace when he was young, GP Seongnam has a Flashback where the Queen Dowager threatened her grandson. 

Rocher22 you need to understand  The Queen is like Consort Tae ( Prince Bogie’s mom ) she was The Queen’s Court lady before sleeping with the King. Consort Tae is another person I think The Queen should be wary of.  

Unlike Consort Hwang whose father is is in Royal Court can’t remember his title. He is the one who helped Lee Ho become King. Smh smh smh 

• Like 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

26 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

Second Grand Prince was taken by the Queen Dowager because he overheard something @rocher22  Scene in Flashback  GP Gyeseong asked GP Seongnam why he lived outside the palace when he was young, GP Seongnam has a Flashback where the Queen Dowager told him be

hmm.. that part was unclear to me...

but, its still a little strange that the King allowed it..

I wonder if the King is aware of how powerful and dangerous his mother is.

The royal walk scene

that was scary how the Queen Dowager looked at the King because he was smiling and pleased

when he saw  the crown prince. 

Seongnam looked kind of sexy in the lazy scene...    :pandalove:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@rocher22 here is the scene no

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ddff0d18835d9f30ab

Spoiler

Eunich Kim  was a greedy person and that is why he is gone. He put the little Prince in danger 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886833f5a02117684f0e0

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886833f5a02117684f0e0

Of course King Lee Ho knows his mom is powerful. That is why he is trying to take control of the Royal court and the Cohort for the Crown Prince. He wants a king that won’t become a puppet to the Roya Court. 

Remember Consort Hwang was supposed to be Crown Princess but the King chose Queen Im Hwa -Ryeong . It may have been a scheme because of the death of the His Crown Prince and the Deposed Queen We have seen the way the Minister at court are always trying to go against the King’a plan for the commoners. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

58 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

@rocher22 here is the scene no

that scene was when the prince returned to the palace.

I assumed that the Queen Dowager was telling him that he shouldnt be as curious as the Eunuch. 

that doesnt explain why the prince had to live outside the palace.  :thinking:

Anyway, now its clear why Seongnam is always quiet and vigilant. 

1 hour ago, UnniSara said:

That is why he is trying to take control of the Royal court and the Cohort for the Crown Prince. He wants a king that won’t become a puppet to the Roya Court. 

yep,  its a subtle mental battle between him and his mother. 

looks like Seongnam and the girl clicked at once...  

• Like 2
On 10/25/2022 at 9:20 PM, ktcjdrama said:

I especially love their walk in the rain.

But did you notice that the Court Lady did not have an umbrella? Queen brought one for her son. The CL walked in the rain 😅

On 10/26/2022 at 5:22 AM, rocher22 said:

hmm.. that part was unclear to me...

but, its still a little strange that the King allowed it..

I wonder if the King is aware of how powerful and dangerous his mother is.

On 10/26/2022 at 5:32 AM, UnniSara said:

Of course King Lee Ho knows his mom is powerful. That is why he is trying to take control of the Royal court and the Cohort for the Crown Prince. He wants a king that won’t become a puppet to the Roya Court. 

Remember Consort Hwang was supposed to be Crown Princess but the King chose Queen Im Hwa -Ryeong . It may have been a scheme because of the death of the His Crown Prince and the Deposed Queen We have seen the way the Minister at court are always trying to go against the King’a plan for the commoners. 

Hmmm, I've been thinking that the King has not been playing a significant role. He has been fair and trying to do right, but seems to have not interfered directly in the power struggles. Your post sheds new light.

It is quite strange that this Empress Dowager has power. She doesn't have a powerful family as a backer. She is not on good terms with Consort Hwang's family. Where does her power come from?

On 10/26/2022 at 7:18 AM, rocher22 said:

that scene was when the prince returned to the palace.

I assumed that the Queen Dowager was telling him that he shouldnt be as curious as the Eunuch. 

that doesnt explain why the prince had to live outside the palace. 

Oh, I thought the scene was before he lived outside the palace. He was threatened and thus the Queen sent him away to keep him safe. But now that you mentioned, I vaguely recollect he was sent out quite soon after birth - is that correct?

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Oh, I thought the scene was before he lived outside the palace. He was threatened and thus the Queen sent him away to keep him safe. But now that you mentioned, I vaguely recollect he was sent out quite soon after birth - is that correct?

I thought the same at first. That he was threatened, so was sent to live outside. But on replay, the grandma did say "You should become used to the palace. This will be your home from now on". Also, at the end of ep.4, from the conversation of the 2 brothers, he didn't know of his parents, and didn't bother to ask the new "hyung" he met, only that there was a woman who would be crying seeing him. So then I understand he was sent out way younger and never met his mother until brought back to the palace. 

33 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

But did you notice that the Court Lady did not have an umbrella? Queen brought one for her son. The CL walked in the rain

I didn't, haha... Anyway, at how it was slanted to the side, that one umbrella was not really shielding the Queen from the rain too... Really love that scene of their backs. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Content Writing Osen Reporter Park Pan Seok.

x-ZNgy-4f-1.jpg

Queen Hwaryeong (Kim Hye Soo) acting captured the viewers.

tvN's Saturday and Sunday drama 'Under The Queen's Umbrella' (script written by Park Bara/Directed by Kim Hyung Sik/Studio Dragon & How Pictures), which airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9:10 pm, has become the new favorite drama of viewers on weekend nights, realizing its popularity.

'Under The Queen's Umbrella', which was first shown on the 15th (Sat), caught the eye with a variety of attractions from the start. While maintaining the emotions with Queen Dowager Cho (Kim Hae Sook) and sharp nerves, Hwaryeong, a heavy warlord who has no days to give herself a break. Queen Hwaryeong spent her life juggling sovereign duties with motherhood in the early days of her royal role is quite different from the heavy wars in traditional historical dramas that  viewers have seen. In fact, not only was it drawn, but the beautiful visual beauty of palaces and costumes that contained the beauty of Korea captured the attention of viewers at once.

As a result, 'Under The Queen's Umbrella' recorded an average viewership rating of 10.3% in the metropolitan area for the first time in two episodes, recording a maximum of 11.8%, continuing a terrifying rise (based on a paid platform that integrates cable , IPTV, and satellite/provided by Nielsen Korea). It is breaking amazing records, such as occupying the first place in the TV hot topic TOP 10 (as of the 3rd week of October).

'Under The Queen's Umbrella' is attracting attention gradually from many drama fans, and viewers' curiosity toward the work is growing more and more. Director Kim Hyung Sik, in charge of directing, first expressed his gratitude to the viewers are sending a lot of love and interest, and said, “I will try my best to be remembered as a good work by viewers.”

When asked about the points of future spectating, director Kim Hyung Sik said, "The crisis which Hwaryeong is busy with her children crackdown, she was worried about a condition of the Crown Prince (Bae In Hyuk) , the secret of the fourth Gyeseong Daegun (Yoo Seon Ho). It will unfold more and more excitingly,” he said. “It will portray the current state of our society through the fierce competition between the royal court for the throne and the middle war,  mother of princes , to protect their children. Although it is in the form of a historical drama, modern viewers will be able to empathize and immerse themselves in it.”

Expectations for 'Under The Queen's Umbrella', which will unfold an infinite number of stories in the future, are growing. I wonder what kind of emotion and echo the crisis of Hwaryeong could do everything possible to protect her children.

Spoiler

'source'

http://mosen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111975666#_ace

• Like 6

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

tvN > it's on (from Under The Queen's Umbrella) including extended highlights, teaser trailer for instant replays clip | preview stills

'source'

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 6

photo1574430.jpg

glimpse into the sizzling chemistry • 'Under The Queen's Umbrella'  official trailer  • teaser

source:

Spoiler

• Like 5
  • Party! 1

I just finished watching episode 5 &6 and  the ending has left me dreading the next episode. 
The king really loves his Queen. 
We got glimpses of the past , Hwaryeong was never close to the Queen Dowager. Hwaryeong must have come from the Queens side. Even the previous king disliked The Queen Dowager. QD loves manipulating the king. She especially want to take away the one thing her son loves. She acts like Queen Hwa-Ryeong stole her son from her because she can tell her son loves his Queen a lot. 

Who is this guy?? I think he maybe the old

Royal Physician who fakes his death Mastee Hoji is this his real name

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488660a868f91ffbe20609

and he maybe connected to this physician. Who is having an affair with Consort Hwang

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886e4461ddec3a40dc2ea

Theories 

Special Court  Lady Park is from the Queen Dowager’s court/faction. 
Consort Tae will end up losing a lot in the end even though she is being manipulated by her QD and Concubine Park. She didn’t heed the Queen’s warning and chose to betray her. The one person who was always kind to her. Power is so corruptible that it drives people insane.

King Lee Ho will not anyone depose his Queen

Prince Bogum will become dirty because he hats his mom background and isn’t grateful that because of the Queen he would have never been born. From the beginning of ep5 , I felt he craved the Crown Prince seat. It is too bad that he will only be disappointed that he will

never be King. He 

@Chocolate You asked how can the Queen Dowager have power but she does have power. She is a noble woman , she has spies all over the palace and her powerful family is backing her still. 

• Like 2

Ending of ep.5 left me with tears... Although the CP is not the main character in this story, they've presented his character well that you cannot feel indifferent towards his death. The sadness that QnHR displayed when mourning for his death felt so real and raw. Even as she was running towards his place, my tears starting to well up already. What made me even sadder is that his mother and his brothers didn't even get to see him during his last moments, or even just one last time :cry:

There are a couple of moments when I felt touched also in ep.6. One is when the King told QnHR that she's bearing the biggest punishment already (ie.the death of CP). Surprisingly, this couple somehow know each other's hearts well. Another one was when QnHR held GP Gye Sung's hand when she was telling them what will follow with the death of CP.

I've got to say that as far as palace politics go, this drama has one of the smartest writings. For once I'm not bored by the politics and want to know more, see more. It's complicated, but easy to follow... if you know what I mean...

Kim Eui Sung ~ Ever since W:Two Worlds Apart, I can never see him play another villain character. His character there has just been imprinted quite permanently in my mind. So I am having difficulty seeing the character Hwang Won Hyung as valid. I want him to be deleted asap, but he is listed as main role. So I guess we'll be seeing him around until the end. 

Kim Hae Sook ~ I've never thought I would ever hate seeing her. She is playing the role of manipulative scheming QD really well.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Written By Reporter Kwak Myeong Dong My Daily.

202211010940161604-1.jpg

[Photo = FNC]

Chaerin Cherry Bullet left a strong impact even after a short appearance in tvN drama Under The Queen's Umbrella.

Chaerin plays the role of the main character Queen Hwaryeong (Kim Hye Soo) 20 years ago in the tvN Saturday-Sunday 'Under The Queen's Umbrella'. As Hwaryeong is an important character who leads a whole drama, includes traits such as honesty, leadership and expectation focused on her narratives throughout broadcast. The appearance of Chaerin, plays the younger days of Queen Hwaryeong, arouses audiences' emotional when watching drama.

In episode 6 of 'Under The Queen's Umbrella'', which aired on the 30th of last month, Hwaryeong's past was revealed while the conflict between Hwaryeong and Queen Dowager (Kim Hae Sook) deepened. Twenty years ago, Hwaryeong saw Queen Yun (Seo Yi Sook) and ran to her step by step and she showed an unparalleled warm relationship. At this time, Chaerin convincingly captured Queen Hwaryeong's past narratives with her natural acting skills and bright charms.

It is said that Chaerin put a delicate effort into expression, tone and gesture to express this scene. Chaerin wore royal hanbok crown princess attire, not only completed the perfect hanbok fit with a neat figure and extraordinary visuals, but also portrayed the elegant appearance of Crown Princess with a strong yet strong gaze and a soft smile. She also performed unwaveringly in a stable tone suitable for historical dramas when she ran to Queen Yun.

'a link from a source'

https://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=202211010940161604

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 5
  • Party! 1

tumblr-006f7918d97f5b08777122fad4978e9d-

Content Writing Yonhap Reporter Kang Ae Ran

yna1065624913863877-556.jpg

Strictly a prince who secretly disguises himself as a dedicated feminist in the royal palace.

The tvN fusion historical drama 'Under The Queen's Umbrella' starred by actress Kim Hye Soo, drew attention by depicting a maternal love that acknowledged a prince who is a sexual minority. Although there have been cases of sexual minority characters in historical dramas in the past, it is indirectly strange. In many cases, only the atmosphere was exposed or the role was limited to the interaction.

In 'Under The Queen's Umbrella', Hwaryeong (Kim Hye Soo), the national mother embraces the gender identity of Daegun Gye Seong (Yoo Seon Ho) has a hobby of dressing as a woman like her. She comforted Daegun by presenting him with a portrait of him dressed as a woman includes binyeo hairpin.

How frightening and terrifying when viewers had to accept difficult situations that has not overcome. Hwaryeong's line, "I can't turn away, because I'm a mother," is said to reflect our society's changed perception of sexual minorities.

According to Gong Hee Jung, a drama critic, said, "In the past, when such a person (sexual minority) appeared in historical dramas, there were many cases of killing (the setting of the play), but I draw a mother who understands it. 

'a link from a source'

https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=179532313482560

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

tumblr-599d0db25c4e02ba6ec677c5105db2df-

Content Writing Reporter Moon Ji Yeon Sports Chosun.

2022110301000281500037901.jpg

'Under The Queen's Umbrella' is proving the true worth of actress Kim Hye Soo with maintain high ratings every day.

tvN's Saturday and Sunday drama 'Under The Queen's Umbrella' (script written by Park Bara, directed by Kim Hyung Sik) is a drama depicting the troubled court battle of Queen Hwaryeong (Kim Hye Soo) as the middle-aged Hwaryeong, Kim Hye Soo plays a woman armored for battle, a female in a male who jumps into a fierce royal education war for troubled princes. A huge thanks in good performances of line actors Kim Hye Soo, Kim Hae Sook, Choi Won Young, Kim Ui Seong, and Ok Ja Yeon, and the chemistry of new actors such as Moon Sang Min, Bae In Hyeok, Yoon Sang Hyun, Yoo Seon Ho, and Park Ha Joon, it gathered topics even before the airing.

The thing that stood out Kim Hye Soo was recognized for her acting ability. The fact that she has been popular every time best known for her performances in historical dramas such as the movie 'Contemplation' and the drama 'Jang Hee Bin', but the fact that she is returning to 'Under The Queen's Umbrella' after a long time makes viewers look forward to it.

As if meeting these hot expectations, she is proving her true value by portraying as Hwaryeong to survive in the most secret, subtle, and the fierce battle in the palace. She is also a strong inner person who will do anything to protect the loved one safe from outside dangers, inside dangers, and accidents. In spite of the attacks of Hwang Won Hyeong (Kim Eui Seong), who tightened her breath every moment, he pointed out, "If you continue to frame, you will have to risk your life as well as your position." They faced each other and created intense feeling of displeasure.

It's not the only thing that's so solid. At that time, she showed warm generosity to Daegun Gye Seong (Yoo Seon Ho), who had a very dangerous secret at the time, a fierce shouting to the frivolous Daegun Muan (Yoon Sang Hyun) would risk his life and a benevolent smile to her grandson Won Son (Seo Woo Jin), perfecting Hwaryeong's humanity in three dimensions. Here, she conveyed laughter and sadness with her delightful and witty remarks that were suddenly revealed and crying wind sounds by howling at the death of the Crown Prince (Bae In Hyuk). An appreciation message thanks to the inspirational body of work actress Kim Hye Soo's performance with such a clear contrast, 'Under The Queen's Umbrella' has been completed in a deeper way, capturing the hearts and minds of viewers.

It shows us through the outstanding acting of Kim Hye Soo's colorful charms that created her own unique drama through her acting skills in the meantime, raise her expectations. In addition, viewers are paying attention to what choice Hwaryeong will make, who has to protect her loved ones amidst the power struggle that intensified with the death of the Crown Prince.

It boasts an audience rating of over 11% (Nielsen Korea's national standard for paid households) within six episodes

https://m.sportschosun.com/news.htm?id=202211030100028150003790&ServiceDate=20221103#_enliple

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 5

Content Writing YTN Star Oh Ji Won

202211061100532893-d.jpg

[Photo courtesy of Lighthouse]

Actor Kim Seung Soo continues his trending trend in the second half of this year with 'Under The Queen's Umbrella'. 

On the 6th, the management company Lighthouse announced that actor Kim Seung Soo will be joining the tvN weekend drama 'Under The Queen's Umbrella' as Wang Lee Ho (Choi Won Young)'s former last name, Park Kyung Woo.

Kim Seung Soo will play an active role as a 'key player' Park Kyung Woo. He will shake the cases amid royal power struggle within a royal decree.

'click on this link for more details'

'source'

https://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/0117_202211061100532893

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1