The Golden Spoon [2022]

stroppyse

And the makjang (birth secrets) continues... 😆

So (real) Seung Cheon returns to himself. How is he going to become Hwang Tae Yong again? It would be too suspicious to eat 3 times again at Tae Yong's place. This time round it would have to be a voluntary exchange between the two if the (real) Tae Yong is too cowardice to face his Hwang Hyun Do.

I suspected Hwang Hyun Do is another Golden Spoon user too but then he would have known upon seeing both boys using the golden spoon to eat. If he is a Golden Spoon user, then I believe he exchange his identity with Seung Cheon's father. He's definitely not someone who will appreciate art but he's got a art equipment collection in his house which only Seung Cheon's father is appreciating. Does the Hwang family had another son? Or could the story be so twisted that Hwang Hyun Do is actually a woman who exchanged identity with a man? Bwahahahaha...

... there had to be some sort of link to Geum Sukja, isn't it? That other investor, is it Andrew Boo, he too has a golden spoon in display.

• Clapping Hands 1

Ok so Hwang Hyun Do is also a Golden Spoon user and he didn't switch with Seung Cheon's father but he was Kwon Yohan and stole Hwang Hyun Do's life.

At least Tae Yong is the real heir of Dosin Group, and if they are able to switch back, Tae Yong will at least get a loving father (hopefully) back.

I'm utterly sad that Seung Cheon's father died. The writer is cruel in this instance of killing him off.

I'm also now wondering whose son Seo Jun Tae is. Could he be Yohan's son and he didn't know...?

• Like 2
On 11/13/2022 at 11:25 AM, mademoiselle said:

Did you guys like the ending?

Takes me a while to process how I feel about the ending, or the drama as a whole. It started really great but things got complicated and I got lost. I think the going back and forth about the switch and what happened was not executed/edited well that it became a headache watching it. Tbh, I had resorted to reading recaps and scrubbing through the episodes for later half of the run. 

I think it will be so much better if they have kept the ending the same as the webtoon. But I guess the ultimate goal is to get real SC and JH together, that they have to go the way the ending was. Which made the ending lame. I didn’t see the need to kill off the character of HTY.

The only thing that made me happy with this ending is seeing real TY remaining as LSC and to see bodyguard hyung with his sister, though I had hoped for more scenes of these two. I didn’t feel a thing seeing real SC and JH “reunited” by the beach. It made it seems like the main point of the drama is how to find his way back to JH... when there was so much potential to explore on the humanities of switching lives for money. But don’t mind me, I didn’t watch the whole drama properly 😆

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

@Nohamahmoud2002 @ktcjdrama What is the original ending per the webtoon?

For me, I did not think it make sense that the Gardener (cameo by Na In Woo) would be stupid enough to pick that time to switch with Tae Yong. Dosin Group is in the midst of being investigated, and why would anyone in their right mind switch places then and there? I'd have waited for everything to be sorted and ensure I'm not going bankrupt first before I switch.

I think the actor that stood out for me is the bodyguard (He is cute and I just recently learnt that he was an idol) then the actor playing Tae Yong. I did not exactly like Yook Sung Jae's character as much as his roles in Goblin and Mystic Pop Up Bar, which is a pity since this is his comeback drama from military service.

I wasn't very invested in the loveline at all. I think I understand the messages the writer is trying to convey but I also think she or he went a bit too off with the Golden Spoon magic. I mean if the user put the Golden Spoon to a good use and live a better life (and did great things) by switching places with a "bad" person, shouldn't that user be excused from paying a heavy price?

And for example with the (real) Tae Yong. If he uses the Golden Spoon and return to his rightful place, does he also need to pay a hefty price for using the spoon? Mmm.

Yeah I think the only character I am happy to see turn out well is (real) Tae Yong, becoming a webtoon artist and pursuing his dream.

• Clapping Hands 1
12 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

What is the original ending per the webtoon?

Fake HTY and Yeo Jin ends up together as the “power” couple. Fake LSC and Ju Hee together as the ordinary couple.  
The character of LSC in the webtoon was clear cut mean. Not like what is portrayed in the drama where he has some conscience once in a while. 

15 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

why would anyone in their right mind switch places then and there?

Greed makes you blind... He for sure wasn’t using his brain. Pure greed. 

To think that I was so excited about this drama and recommended it to people (when still in early episodes) 😆😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

@mademoiselle@ktcjdrama

I finally found the time to finish the drama. What a convoluted end. I think everything just got unnecessarily complicated. So Seungcheon sadly gets lost again in the unending swaps of golden spoons. There are just too many and gotten too easily too. And Juhee loses him for another 3 years - does it not get tiresome? And then Juntae is actually Hyeondo’s son? So very messy. 

Edited by gilaswan
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • 1 month later...