Connect 커넥트 [2022]

ssteph

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM I feel disturbed I've to watch GKP as a villain here. He was so lovely in Love in Contract. 😓 I so wish I could see this in a different sequence.

IKR ...it is a bit of a whiplash. But maybe he's not super bad...ahhahaah...the character description only says he has an unimaginable side. That's so vague. 

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Omg @ssteph Hae In's bare bum alert!

What is it with nude bum lately? First @abs-oluteM's Kim Young Kwang's in Somebody now I'm being flashed by Hae In too!

I have no issues with them flashing and stuff but KYK's Somebody - plot wise was a bit of a let down. 

• Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Content Writing iMBC Reporter Kim Kyung Hee.

While the original series 'Connect', which is jointly presented by Disney+ and the production company Studio Dragon, is generating a hot reaction upon its release, the OST, in which a large number of talented artists participated, was released on the 7th and is drawing attention.

[Director: Takashi Miike / Cast: Jung Hae In, Go Kyung Pyo, Kim Hye Jun / Provided by: Walt Disney Company Korea / Production: Studio Dragon / Studio Dragon, Leeds Film, Studio HIM / Original: Naver Webtoon 'Connect' by Daesung Shin/Daewonci].The OST of 'Connect', 'My Noise', is composed and written by the unrivaled artist Sunwoo Junga, who is greatly loved by fans for her lyrical sensibility and deeply captures her unique musical color.

'click on the link'

'source'

http://enews.imbc.com/ThemeIdol

:pandahappy: multi-talented actors Jung Hae In and Go Kyung Pyo (as Oh Jin Seob) are simply so arresting as their respective characters, working well together in their performances and relate harmoniously, their voices blend well even though they share a strange connection. Dong Soo, who awakens, with his missing eye transplanted into the body of a serial killer, it's shocking and weird—(and don't you want to see for yourself what it's really all about?) so, I decided to give a try and twisted enough to have fun with. I'll be rooting for this one  :pandapopcorn:

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

@ssteph I've tried episode 1! You?

Ok, so I didn't read the sypnosis or news articles since the first announcement of the drama. I have no idea what's the premise about. From the previews I just know Hae In lost an eye to Go Kyung Pyo and some weird alien-like thing are connecting them.

Now that I've seen episode 1, I now understand Hae In is the abnormal one since young. He has self-healing ability and his body... or more like the alien thing in him is connected to his body and organs. He was kidnapped by organ traffickers and got both his eye balls removed. He managed to retrieve one eye but left one while running away. Poor boy.

The show hasn't told us why he's not the same from other humans yet. Maybe it's like X-Men...? It seems like there is another girl (female lead) that seems to be abnormal too because she was able to lift him with one hand and threw him from at least 1-2 storey height and smashed him onto a car.

Go Kyung Pyo received Hae In's eye and is a serial killer. The actress who plays a superstar as well in Sh**ting Star and is a fan of Kim Young Dae is also in this drama and she's Go Kyung Pyo's colleague. I fear for her safety.

@Chocolate Come check this out!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Insightful 3
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate Come check this out!

Yes, will try this weekend. The trailer looks quite gruesome though.

Asianwiki:

Ha Dong-Soo (Jung Hae-In) is part of a new human race called connect. The connect beings never die. One night, Ha Dong-Soo is kidnapped by a group of human organ traffickers. His eye is cut out from him. He soon sees something and realizes the man who has his stolen eye is a serial killer. Ha Dong-Soo is now able to see what the serial killer sees. He chases after the serial killer to stop him from killing anymore people.

Meanwhile, Ha Dong-Soo’s stolen eye has been transplanted into Oh Jin-Seob (Ko Gyung-Pyo). Oh Jin-Seob looks a polite and competent employee at work, but he is actually a cold-blooded serial killer.

• Like 2

Observations from first 15 min of ep1:

• You have moving hand ala Addams Family + a hopping leg 😆
  • JHI should have just grabbed his 2nd eye before he ran. You know when people have accidents and their finger is cut off, they always pick up the finger and bring with them to the hospital 😂
  • The quack doctor is obviously not very skillful. They show him cutting open JHI's torso and then using a massive wrench to open the torso. Then he goes and removes the eyes. Shouldn't he remove the organs first? Anyway, that sequencing issue means I no longer have to ask how he found all his organs during regeneration lol.
  • There was some butt, but side view only 😁 Like side boob...

JHI's acting skills is not bad - even with 1 eye, you can see the fear/anxiousness he wants to convey.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

Observations from first 15 min of ep1:

• You have moving hand ala Addams Family + a hopping leg 😆
  • JHI should have just grabbed his 2nd eye before he ran. You know when people have accidents and their finger is cut off, they always pick up the finger and bring with them to the hospital 😂
  • The quack doctor is obviously not very skillful. They show him cutting open JHI's torso and then using a massive wrench to open the torso. Then he goes and removes the eyes. Shouldn't he remove the organs first? Anyway, that sequencing issue means I no longer have to ask how he found all his organs during regeneration lol.
  • There was some butt, but side view only 😁 Like side boob...

JHI's acting skills is not bad - even with 1 eye, you can see the fear/anxiousness he wants to convey.

Hahahahahahahaha I swear sometimes your observations of a drama is so quirky. Like the focus shouldn't be of that but you notice them.

Like side boobs without the nipples :lmao2:

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahahahahahahaha I swear sometimes your observations of a drama is so quirky. Like the focus shouldn't be of that but you notice them.

That's just a nicer way of saying I don't see the important things 😂

Hahaha, but don't you wonder?

Means JHI had to jump around naked (when he jumped through the glass.window). Was his package "wrapped"? How many people on the film set? Any females? He's always been a good/clean character so I'm quite curious that he filmed this.

• Haha 1

@Chocolate Hahahahaha. I actually don't wonder. But since you make me think then I'd say I do believe his "package" is wrapped i.e. if it is the real him and not a stunt double. I think it's a courtesy thing too. How many people on set? — that really depends on how comfortable with baring his side boobs. I think this isn't sex scenes so I'd say it's ok to have everyone on set, including females. His makeup artist will still need to be around.

I think Hae In has ventured into a more mature/artistic area and genre. Just judging from his choice of dramas such as Something in the Rain and One Spring Night to D.P, you can tell he's not limiting himself to playing similar characters like other MLs. And going for projects that target a smaller audience than one that had more guarantee in commercial success (not 商業電影/電視劇). He's becoming more like Yoo Ah In or Lee Jae Hoon's type, where the actor is doing it for the "art" or the "importance of the story/message", so it means being professional and accepting that naked is a necessity if the script requires. A lot of the A-listers we see today in K-movies have done sex/naked scenes before. Even Gong Yoo has done one.

But it's actually Go Kyung Pyo's bed scene you should be asking the "how many people on the set" question. :GengarCool: FYI,  no private parts were revealed in this bed scene though. Hahaha.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2

@ssteph @Chocolate I'm done with season 1. I don't know whether I like it :pandathink: so at the moment I'm undecided.

@ssteph I don't think it is too violent or gory. There are some gore but I think not as bad as Sweet Home. This show does remind me of Sweet Home a little since Hae In being a Connect is like the human in Sweet Home turning into some new species.

However, I speculate that Ha Dong Soo and Irang (female lead) might be man-made new human by some Pharmaceutical company and not mutants. At the end of the season 1, there are 3 Connect. I am also curious whether Irang will be pregnant with Dong Soo's child since they slept together. And what would the baby be?

As for Go Kyung Pyo's character, he was revealed to be a cancer patient and dying. He wanted Dong Soo's body but I fail to understand how he intends to transfer himself to Dong Soo. He seems to think he could connect his head to Dong Soo but that's not even possible and who's gonna be able to do that for him?

He did do an experiment whereby he cut off Z's and Dong Soo's pinky and exchange them. Dong Soo's finger connected itself to Z's hand and Dong Soo's body accepted Z's finger. So what does this really mean? Dong Soo got his eyeball back at the end but this experiment literally tells me he didn't need his own eyeball because his body can accept another person's body part.

In the last scene, a bunch of helicopters came (I assume is the pharma company) for both Irang and Dong Soo. When they were arriving, it showed us there were remnant of the alien-like Connect activated in Go Kyung Pyo's empty eye socket (he's not dead yet). Z was dead but his pinky moved. Not sure what this signify...

With the way it ended, I'm pretty sure there's a season 2.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • 7 months later...

I've finished this too. S1 has left us hanging so if there is S2, I would likely watch it.

GKP is quite eerie as the psycho. Looks like he and Z would likely regenerate in some manner since they now have part of DS attached to/in them. Maybe GKP will take the eye that belongs to the dead surgeon.

Dong Soo, I find has been quite irritatingly naive sometimes, doesn't seem to think through before he does something. Irang makes a good partner to him, but I'm not sure if she is good because she seems to have plans to dominate the world if they are unaccepted. Anyway, they could build an X-Men type community haha.

On 12/9/2022 at 4:43 PM, mademoiselle said:

But it's actually Go Kyung Pyo's bed scene you should be asking the "how many people on the set" question. FYI,  no private parts were revealed in this bed scene though. Hahaha.

This scene was quite well done I must say. No private parts revealed to us, but definitely the actress had to show her boobs (unless covered in front) to the chap below her lol.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Chocolate said:

This scene was quite well done I must say. No private parts revealed to us, but definitely the actress had to show her boobs (unless covered in front) to the chap below her lol.

I don't remember the scene anymore. It's 7 months ago. LOL

Anyway, they could build an X-Men type community haha.

This X Men mutant community is a bit more disgusting though.

S1 has left us hanging so if there is S2, I would likely watch it.

I would too, for another season at least, because I want to know how this "Connect" thing works or come about. Alien? Man-made?? Mutation?

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...