A Killer Paradox 살인자ㅇ난감 [2024]

GE7r1-OZW4-AAIz5-L.jpg

Spoiler

GDf-Ln8j-Ww-AEw-HAN.jpg  GDf-Loa6-WUAA-Dkh.jpg

• Drama: Murderer o Nangam (literal title)
  • Revised romanization: SalinjaㅇNangam
  • Hangul: 살인자ㅇ난감
  • Director: Lee Chang-Hee
  • Writer: Ggomabi (webcomic), Nomabi (webcomic), Kim Da-Min
  • Network: Netflix
  • Episodes: 8
  • Schedule: 9 Feb 2024
  • Websites: Naver | NamuWiki |

Plot Summary

Lee Tang (Choi Woo-Sik) is an ordinary university student. While he works his part-time job at a convenience store, he gets into a fight with a rude drunk man and accidentally kills him. He is terrified that he killed a person and his life could be ruined. It turns out the dead man is a serial killer and he has been wanted for the past 4 years. Lee Tang realizes that he has a special ability to recognize bad people who deserve to die. Lee Tang soon becomes a serial murderer to kill these evil people. Detective Jang Nan-Gam (Son Suk-Ku) investigates a murder case committed by Lee Tang. His instincts as a detective leads him to suspect Lee Tang as the killer. Meanwhile, Song Chon (Lee Hee-Jun) is an ex-detective who chase after Lee Tang alone.

source: AsianWiki

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Party! 1

Choi Woo Shik, Son Suk Ku, And Lee Hee Joon Confirmed For New Thriller Drama

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Upcoming drama “Murder DIEary” (literal title) has confirmed its main cast!

Based on a webtoon, “Murder DIEary” is dark comedy thriller about an average man who accidentally murders a serial killer and a police detective who is chasing after him. It will be directed by director Lee Chang Hee, who previously helmed the drama “Strangers from Hell” and the movie “The Vanished,” and rookie writer Kim Da Min.

On August 19, it was announced that Choi Woo Shik, Son Suk Ku, and Lee Hee Joon will be starring in the new Netflix series.

Choi Woo Shik will play Lee Tang, an ordinary college student who becomes aware that he has the ability to distinguish evil people after his first accidental murder. Son Suk Ku will take on the role of the detective Jang Nan Gam, who keeps lingering around Lee Tang with his animal-like intuition and instincts. Lee Hee Joon will star as Song Chon, a former detective who traces the whereabouts of Lee Tang by himself.

source

• Like 5
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle I just changed the date for the title to  2024. Is that correct? Why hasn't NF aired this yet? :idk:

I just checked, it says scheduled to release Feb 9. I've updated it again. They changed name to A Killer Paradox. To put in your list, the Netflix's direct link is https://www.netflix.com/title/81607354

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2024 at 5:19 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Anyone started this yet? I noticed all 8 episodes are available on NF. I have 4 more episodes of Big Bet S2 to finish before I start this. Coincidentally SSK is cop there and here :D

I’m done with all 8 in one binge today.

It’s not bad although 6 episodes may have been better. A bit slow in the first half but the second half is more exciting once LHJ appeared.

Didn’t read the synopsis in detail but thought the main plot was CWS having the knack to murder people who are villians - that creates the paradox - and SSK’s investigation of his murders. But in the middle of this, suddenly, SSK started to chase another villain 😅 and CWS started to cry 🙄😂 I found the switch a little abrupt and CWS’s story incomplete in a way.

The way they showed some of the scenes is interesting - from different angles/time period - so you don’t see the actual killing (you can watch alone @JenL). But beware, you will see some boobies and backsides 😁.

SSK looks good despite the beard. He has a certain swagger that makes him very watchable. But they aged LHJ such that he is almost an uncle to SSK 😅

7/10

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
11 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I’m done with all 8 in one binge today.

It’s not bad although 6 episodes may have been better. A bit slow in the first half but the second half is more exciting once LHJ appeared.

I just completed Big Bet S2 which was pretty good. So now I can start this. I can't say I am a big CWS fan ( though I loved Our Beloved Summer) - am definitely watching this for SSK. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

7 hours ago, Chocolate said:

7/10

This does not make me want to continue watching. :laugh:

I started episode one and wasn't sure how I felt about it so I came to read what everyone has written about it. 

• Haha 4
13 hours ago, Chocolate said:

But this is not one of those must watch type. I think Shadow Detective is better than this.

I think the story telling in Shadow Detective & even A Shop for Killers is abit more sophisticated. That said, this is still not bad though I don't know if the show is trying to angle this more as a super hero drama? The RohBin hacker seems to see his ability as "gift" . Over the 4 episodes that I have watched ,  it's switched from manslaughter/ murder that was born out of anger to a vigilante cause? It feels like  the drama is trying to justify that this is his life's calling to kill these criminals since the urge for him to dirty his hands only appears when he encounters them. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

On 2/12/2024 at 11:03 PM, Chocolate said:

But in the middle of this, suddenly, SSK started to chase another villain 😅 and CWS started to cry 🙄😂 I found the switch a little abrupt and CWS’s story incomplete in a way.

You are so right about this....suddenly the focus is on another killer (LHJ). I am actually at episode 7 and it feels like I am watching a completely unrelated drama with the only link being RohBin. If this show was a pure procedural where SSK's character is the central character, then I think it is alright that they spend so much screen time on LHJ. But here CWS's character is the reason for the title of this drama...shouldn't they zero in on his journey and his development? 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Anyway , I am done. 

Spoiler

I think eps 8 tried to parallel what Song Cun and Lee Tang did, and also pointed what made them different. It seems to say that Lee Tang is special - like the chosen one appointed by the universe or whatever to mete out punishment to those who deserved it. He gets those goosebumps telling him to act, and the evidence of his involvement magically disappears. So is this a superhero drama then? 

Anyway, this was still a decent watch. At least SSK's character wasn't just some one dimensional character of cop that was hot on the heels of these killers. They did show us what drives him as a detective and how that was linked to his relationship with his father. His father as we discover wasn't really the hero that most thought he was. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

On 2/13/2024 at 7:44 PM, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate Glad it ends properly. This one is 7/10, how much did you rate A Shop For Killers?

I unfortunately couldn't get into Shadow Detective, and haven't picked it back up since.

A Shop for Killers would be 8/10.

Shadow Detective starts off slow, but the story picks up. Not the fast fast kind, but the plot is quite good.

On 2/14/2024 at 8:57 AM, abs-oluteM said:

I think the story telling in Shadow Detective & even A Shop for Killers is abit more sophisticated. That said, this is still not bad though I don't know if the show is trying to angle this more as a super hero drama? The RohBin hacker seems to see his ability as "gift" . Over the 4 episodes that I have watched ,  it's switched from manslaughter/ murder that was born out of anger to a vigilante cause? It feels like  the drama is trying to justify that this is his life's calling to kill these criminals since the urge for him to dirty his hands only appears when he encounters them. 

On 2/14/2024 at 6:06 PM, abs-oluteM said:

You are so right about this....suddenly the focus is on another killer (LHJ). I am actually at episode 7 and it feels like I am watching a completely unrelated drama with the only link being RohBin. If this show was a pure procedural where SSK's character is the central character, then I think it is alright that they spend so much screen time on LHJ. But here CWS's character is the reason for the title of this drama...shouldn't they zero in on his journey and his development? 

From the start, I found it hard to reconcile CWS as a hero figure. Before he started his killing spree, his character was average - he cheated on his girlfriend and did he steal from someone? I can't remember now. Anyway, his is not the kill and save the world kind of mentality. He stumbled into it, and it so happened that the 2 he killed were evil. I thought that was the point of the drama - that he has a "talent" and will spontaneously come across those who deserve to die.

So when he had a sidekick who would FIND the victims for him, it was no longer a paradox to me. That's just vigilante justice, which after watching so many dramas, my personal opinion is the cons outweigh the pros, generally speaking.

In fact, I think LHJ's story was more compelling. It felt justified that he was pushed to the limit and thus battered SSK's father in the spur of the moment. Thus, I was quite sad when SSK shot him. His father deserved it and SSK, I wish, could have accepted that.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1