Love In Your Eyes 내 눈에 콩깍지 [2022-2023]

As frustrating as it was to watch YY get bullied , I think this is something that she'll have to smarten up and learn to deal with. That awful guy colleague of hers won't be the last of nasty people she'll meet at the work place. YY was definitely put in a tough spot because we all know how seniority trumps everything in the SK work culture. 

In the midst of all this, KJ is the only one who gave her the benefit of the doubt. Seriously this writer is getting the thumbs up from me for writing such a compassionate and understanding ML. I wish though that YY didn't give such a low blow when he asked if what she said was true - she retorted that she's not a liar like someone. LOL But wait till she finds out who he really is and all the charade everyone has been playing to hide his real identity . 

Thanks @Zoaze for the preview. I am assuming that thanks to KJ's persuasion she got the job back. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

😆 I watched ep.17 raw. Couldn’t wait till tomorrow for the subs.

I have decided that I detest SJ’s mother the most out of the 3 mothers. The other 2 are just plain annoying because of their childishness. This one is arrogant and spiteful, and always barking. Only gentle family members like what she has now can tolerate her. She needs to be brought down by a lot of notches somehow. I am even thinking later she can be put in prison if possible, like maybe because in truth, she is the one causing the death of YY’s husband. Not SJ. Can we have that plot maybe? 

Love it when at the company lobby, KY just simply say gently to YY “Let’s go”. And love it too when YY literally twisted the arm of the male sunbae to get him go with her for a talk. Urgh, that male sunbae is really despicable. I wish for him to be fired when truth comes out. Don’t know how they’re going to prove what really happened though. YY is being forced literally to leave the company. How is this issue going to be solved? Can SJ really reverse the decision of his mother? Or will Haraboji make his appearance in the company already? He is one interesting guy. Doesn’t matter where he goes, he made sure to dress down. Maybe one of the themes in this drama is to not judge a book by its cover 😄

• Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama haroboji is a self-made man. One of those old school type entrepreneurs who knows what it's like to toil & sweat to build an empire. His son inherited his hard work & hence isn't as driven. The next gen in KJ and SJ looks alot more promising especially KJ who doesn't mind starting from the bottom. I hope haroboji doesn't need to step in and that SJ would be able to go against his mother. hahahah.. is too early for that ? 

Both brothers have a soft spot for her. They are already laying down the foundation for the love triangle

in this preview

• Sad 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

57 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

His son inherited his hard work & hence isn't as driven. The next gen in KJ and SJ looks alot more promising especially KJ who doesn't mind starting from the bottom.

There has been sayings though that family business is usually ruined by the third generation. First gen worked hard, sscond gen just enjoy, third gen pampered thus cannot work. I am glad it’s not the case here. Haraboji taught his successors well. 

• Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Episode 19 Preview
Kyung-jun, who got a hint from the conversation with Chairman Jang, begins to reveal the truth of the kitchen incident in earnest, and Young-i, who has delayed returning the pass due to Gyeong-jun's reluctance, goes up to the office and waits for the moment of judgment...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 previews

Changi is angry with Hwa-kyung, who does not know the name of her brother-in-law Eun-sook and is suspicious of him.
A bloody couple fight begins, and in the end, Hwa-kyung goes to her in-laws' house to get her 100 million won back from Eun-sook...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 10/25/2022 at 2:16 PM, abs-oluteM said:

As frustrating as it was to watch YY get bullied , I think this is something that she'll have to smarten up and learn to deal with. That awful guy colleague of hers won't be the last of nasty people she'll meet at the work place. YY was definitely put in a tough spot because we all know how seniority trumps everything in the SK work culture. 

She needs to learn basic information about MS Office. Poor girl was thrown in an ocean like haraboji told her, she needs to learn how to swim.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
20 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

She needs to learn basic information about MS Office. Poor girl was thrown in an ocean like haraboji told her, she needs to learn how to swim.

True...I do appreciate that she's taking lessons from Eun Ho. At least we know that she is doing something about her lack of skills.

Eps 18 -  The writer of this drama must be a woman who has clearly written her dream ML :pandacool:.

How is it possible for me to love KJ more in every episode?  I am watching so many dramas ( a few romances in fact), but his character is the best written. To the point , a character like his is unbelievable. A rich handsome chaebol heir  who doesn't have a trauma , and is fair, humble and industrious. Rare species !

I appreciate that KJ was so earnest and sincere in wishing to help YY. I do think that his values are something that he has inherited from grandpa. The way grandpa thinks and his attitude towards money and investment are reasons for his success.

So far both the 2nd leads are fine for me. I like SeJun - and as much as I dislike love triangles, YY's interesting personality had caught his attention. And Hae Mi isn't so bad too. I find her quite fair - and she's also in quite a tough spot being a new manager.  I hope she'll prove to be more sensible like her father compared to her ditzy mum. 

• Like 2

YY found out Dosik had stolen her money that she saved up for Mirinae. YY confronted Dosik and that scene was painful to watch. YY didn't even hit him. tears fell from her. Ended with her outside crying. 

After knowing what Dosik did, MIL had the audacity to ask her for money ugh..

YY also confronted MIL in the preview.

Episode 21 Preview

Hwa-kyung learns all about Eun-sook's circumstances, but the couple's fight with Changi shows no sign of being easily resolved. Haemi sticks her tongue out as the fight between the two becomes more and more intense.
Meanwhile, Chairman Jang presses his grandchildren to hold his great-grandson as soon as possible, and Kyung-Jun and Se-Jun begin to feel a subtle burden ...

Edited by Zoaze
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I just finished eps 20. Oh my ! So YY thinks SeJun was the one who got the awful colleague to admit his mistake. Our poor Kyung Jun who did all the hard work making sure she doesn't lose her job. Am sure this will be revealed to her somewhere down the line. But I did love how KJ arm twisted the colleague to do it without revealing who he is and how he got the information. 

2 hours ago, Zoaze said:

After knowing what Dosik did, MIL had the audacity to ask her for money ugh..

The mum is really shameless. Knowing that both YY and her daughter are at entry level jobs, I don't think it's right for her to ask for an allowance. Especially from YY who also has to save up for MRN's education. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:
3 hours ago, Zoaze said:

The mum is really shameless. Knowing that both YY and her daughter are at entry level jobs, I don't think it's right for her to ask for an allowance.

She is such a child. Pouting and whining all the time. I wonder if she is naturally that unlikable, or she is a very good actress to make us detest her so much, so I went to search her past works. We’ve seen her at least twice!! In Terius as the mother of Ae Rin, and in Stranger as the mother of Hwang Shi Mok!

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

The mum is really shameless. Knowing that both YY and her daughter are at entry level jobs, I don't think it's right for her to ask for an allowance. Especially from YY who also has to save up for MRN's education. 

Actually, it's beyond shameless given that YY had given $30k to Do Shik as part of the deposit he needed to get his apartment. The deposit that he cashed in and then blew on whatever. And the mother has been keeping it a secret from everyone, and then guilting her BIL for money for DS to get a new apartment so that he could "study" to be a doctor.

The mother character is written as a really foolish woman. I feel bad for her that the eldest son (and YY's husband) Do Jin died because it's always sad for a parent when their child dies, however, her own actions and whining make it hard to feel any sympathy for her.

I dislike that she's pressuring Do Shik to become the doctor that Do Jin might have been if he had not died. DS clearly doesn't have the inclination nor possibly the ability to become a doctor, so all she is doing is messing him up further as she pushes her family deeper and deeper into debt so that she could salvage her own idea of what she is due? Also, dislike that she feels so aggrieved that she's not getting what she's due. She's petty and silly and short-sighted. She also slights her daughter and enables her immaturity, while using YY for all she's worth even though she looks down on YY. It's clear that she weirdly blames YY for DJ's death, possibly along the lines of "if it wasn't for YY, DJ might have married a better (meaning wealthier) woman, and then wouldn't have died". It's stupid and illogical, but that is the way the character has been written for the time being, though I expect that she will get redemptive moments at the end of the drama. Regardless of what's she's like now, she's ultimately going to be treated as the best thing since sliced bread, just for being a mom, because this is a KBS family drama.

• Like 3
  • Party! 1

@stroppyse Have you watched eps 20 yet...you'll dislike her and HaeMi's mother even more.

After eps 20 , I really wish YY can afford to move out now. That family doesn't deserve her. The apology from DS is pointless - lip service as I don't honestly think he will grow up just yet. Made worse because the mother is forcing him be a doc. Not something that interests him.  HaeMi's mum is calculative & a drama queen. Glad the husband yelled at her and isn't backing down.

SeJun is actually quite a decent chap and he didn't like the way HaeMi was talking down to the cleaning lady that dirtied her shoe. Too bad High Heels is such an annoying mother too.  But after this episode, I am not sure I want HM paired up with him. HM is a bit too spoilt for my liking. 

Can we have more KJ - YY interactions next week please? 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, stroppyse said:

The mother character is written as a really foolish woman. I feel bad for her that the eldest son (and YY's husband) Do Jin died because it's always sad for a parent when their child dies, however, her own actions and whining make it hard to feel any sympathy for her.

The usual thing lols

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Have you watched eps 20 yet...you'll dislike her and HaeMi's mother even more.

I got curious after I read your post, so I jumped ahead to ep 20. And, yes, you are right. I somehow dislike YY's MIL and HM's mother even more. Not to mention KJ's stepmother.

I thought it was hilarious that SJ notices that his mother and HM are similar people after he notices how HM treats that cleaning lady. And, I agree that he seems way too nice a person for HM. I'm not sure whether HM is all rotten or just not used to thinking of anyone other than herself.

I also wish YY and her daughter could just leave that house, but I know it's not possible. Especially since DS has lost all of her money anyway.

I wonder if YY's reaction to hearing how he frittered all of her money will wake him up to some reality and make him more of a person?

• Like 2
On 10/28/2022 at 10:52 PM, Zoaze said:

what drama is that gif from?

You mean the one in my signature? It’s Cdrama You Are My Glory. Highly recommended for the sugar inducing romance 😄

Ep.20 — it’s like the three mothers are competing with one another for “the most annoying mother” award 🙄

• Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

18 hours ago, Zoaze said:

I just read about the tragedy in Seoul, how awful.

Yes, it is terrible. That's the thing about crowds. There does need to be some kind of crowd control in place with such large masses of people. Otherwise, the sheer density of people can lead to disasters. I think that people who are on the edges and trying to get to wherever they are going will keep pushing because they can't see how packed it may be in another part. They are only thinking about how they can get to the place they want to be. However, if you're stuck inside a surging crowd and being pressed on all sides, you are literally fighting to keep enough space to be able to breathe.

I went to Carnival in Salvador, Brazil one year and was shocked at how quickly I got swept away by the crowds, not to mention getting separated from my friends and getting all of the money and items I had on me stolen. I could feel hands reaching into my pockets, but my hands were pinned and I couldn't reach down to stop them even. Instead, I had managed to cross my hands over my chest, so that I could press out and be able to breathe. And that did not seem nearly as crowded as Itaewon on Halloween.

I feel so badly for all the celebrants who were just out to have a good time, especially since I hear it was the first maskless event since the pandemic hit.

Just saw that almost all scheduled events and broadcasts have been delayed as SK enters a national period of mourning over the deaths in Itaewon.

18 hours ago, Zoaze said:

Yeah, since you have to pay a deposit before getting an apartment its impossible for her to move out with Mirinae at the moment. I hope Eunjin beats him up.

Well, there are places where you don't have to pay a deposit, but those tend to be serious dumps, and not some place that YY would want to raise MRN. Also, YY knows that despite how she herself may feel, that MRN gets a lot of love, care and attention from the extended family, so it probably won't even occur to YY to want to move out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@stroppyse Yeah i saw that Vengeance of the bride won't air until wednesday cause of national mourning. Atleast according to KBS Schedule. From what i read, the mourning period should last until november 5th. KBS schedule still has this drama airing tomorrow but it could change. Then it probably won't air until the 5th.

• Like 3
On 10/28/2022 at 11:20 AM, ktcjdrama said:

She is such a child. Pouting and whining all the time. I wonder if she is naturally that unlikable, or she is a very good actress to make us detest her so much, so I went to search her past works. We’ve seen her at least twice!! In Terius as the mother of Ae Rin, and in Stranger as the mother of Hwang Shi Mok!

Actually this is the fourth drama I seen act like a child. It was a daily and she was HORRIBLE MOM THERE TOO.  VERY SELFISH

@abs-oluteM YY is too NICE. She lacks common sense. Where is the professionalism she has while she worked at the store.  Not only that she knows how to cook and no knows NOT TO LEAVE A STOVE UNATTENDED. Smh smh 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House