Love Is For Suckers 얼어죽을 연애 따위 [2022]

wink_

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Don't get fooled by episode 1 "wedding" look. It was just variety show he went on filming.

I didn't worry about it until I realized that his "bride" was actually the woman he went on the blind date with. She seemed really taken by him after his sincere apology. And, we already know that his mother thinks that woman is a suitable match for JH.

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Now Mr. Ex can be officially out of the picture.

I hope that he is out of the picture, and that YR no longer has any lingering questions or feelings for him. Though given that it's still early in the episode count, I'm sure that the OTP will have numerous other obstacles.

5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I love everything I have seen him in. His past roles though , even when he is the romantic lead tends to make him come across as too comical or sometimes silly. This one is quite different. 

I don't know that I love all of his roles... "Oh My Lady"?  However, I absolutely adored him in "She Was Pretty". I came as close to having SLS as ever. I thought his character was fresh and fun with just enough of everything to make him interesting, despite limited screen time.

I'm less enamoured of his leading roles since I agree with you that they tend to make him too silly or try to put too much comedy into it. Still, I enjoy watching them even if they don't end up on my re-watch or recommendation list.

I think CSW has turned into a solid actor. So much so, that I think I've commented on another thread that it almost surprises me when I see him somewhere with his SuJu teammates.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
11 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I don't know that I love all of his roles... "Oh My Lady"?  However, I absolutely adored him in "She Was Pretty". I came as close to having SLS as ever. I thought his character was fresh and fun with just enough of everything to make him interesting, despite limited screen time.

Bahahahah ....I blocked OML out of my mind! He was very cute there though. 

Just finished eps 2 ...while I know the ending with that mozzie thing became quite racy & may overshadow the rest of the episode, I need to bring this up...JaeHoon's advice is solid. Think I am in love with this character. 

FfP_wwsagAA1f8A?format=jpg&name=large

I think why this show is relatable ( more than even Love In Contract where all the characters aren't normal people , LOL) is because the relationship and dating scenarios and issues feel very much like something the average person may face. My favourite thing is just watching them talking in the garden as she pours out what she thinks and he listens first before giving his POV. 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

@abs-oluteM Did you go back to watch him in Oh My Lady? That was a really old drama even I have never seen. I believe my first meet with Siwon is Glamorous Challenge (TW drama). I read that comic book too at the time. And then Poseidon, which was a complete flop. It's one of those dramas which you wish it never existed.

I really like him in She Was Pretty. There were a few scenes of him and Park Seo Joon had me in stitches. I don't have SLS but I really like his character. Hehe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM Did you go back to watch him in Oh My Lady?

This was a few years ago...think 2017 after he came back from the army and I watched him in Revolutionary Love. So I decided to check out some of his old works and I somehow just watched this ...but omg...these old shows are hard to watch. FF button needed. I have never watched those you mentioned. Don't dare try :laugh:But after Rev Love, I started following his career. 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Just now, abs-oluteM said:

This was a few years ago...think 2017 after he came back from the army and I watched him in Revolutionary Love. So I decided to check out some of his old works and I somehow just watched this ...but omg...these old shows are hard to watch. FF button needed. I have never watched those you mentioned. Don't dare try :laugh:But after Rev Love, I started following his career. 

She Was Pretty is good. You should watch this one and is available on Netflix. You cannot say no to this:

11:33 is another hilarious scene I love

Revolutionary Love is another drama I couldn't watch and dropped.

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
5 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I did check this one out and I have seen these famous scenes ..I watched bits and pieces of it with my mum as she was watching it in the living room. We thought he was such a sweetheart. 

Oh you should totally watch the full drama. Come to think of it, you have watched more of his (newer) dramas. I didn't watch the drinking one before this drama. Siwon isn't Oppa. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I like the assistant PD. He's very straightforward with YR that she wasn't his style, but she was someone he looked up to professionally and was willing to follow. Awww.

Same here...I love it when people are just honest about how they feel without being mean or condescending.

You know what bothered me in eps 3 or 4? It was YR's decision to marry her ex so quickly just because she was feeling the pressure of age and is looking to fill the lonely void. I get it but it clouded her judgment about her ex. Jae Hoon already said to her face that he is selfish and never considered her feelings 3 years ago when he took the job. I agree with JH - that man has no sense. That balloon he gave her was not romantic considering she didn't have transport to take it home. Anyhow, both her and her parents are just are more obsessed with the idea of marriage than choosing the right person to spend her life with. That's why the ending of eps 4 was not surprising. She should have reconnected with the ex first before rushing the wedding because people change over time.

In some ways I want to smack JH for denying those feelings. I suppose he had to sort himself out first but if YR hadn't cancelled the wedding, this will be the biggest regret of his life. Also I feel that YR tends to take JH for granted - he's always there for her when she needs him but what does she bring to the table in their friendship? I hope she sees his true value and not just see him as the fallback guy that he's offered to be.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 10:18 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Wonderland@JenLcan consider this if need light hearted romcom. 

I am quietly watching this actually. Lols. It was light and fun too. I think from many of SW's dramas I've known, this one showcase his acting range much different. I'm rooting him with YR but I feel bad for the other lady who fell for him too. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

'Love Is For Suckers'  warmth breaks through episode  | OST Part. 3 'I Want Love' | preview stills.

source

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

tumblr-d3d55c118e1ae848d9167184667110b4-

love sometimes hurts - everything to know about 'Love Is For Suckers' - re-cut - highlights background images

source:

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

59 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Wait, I'm far behind for this show. Too manythings going on in my RL. So I had less time towatch my dramas. The  I saw that clip of her in her wedding dress, did she marry that ex??? No rirghtt??? If yes, I can drop this drama right away. 

Don't worry you don't have to drop the show. 

Spoiler

She came close to it but didn't at the end.

• Thanks 1

Eps 5.

I have too many shows on Wed-Thurs, but I decided to watch this one first as I was keen to know what caused her to cancel the wedding. So it was because the ex had a one night stand some months back & that lead to the woman getting preggers. The latter wasn't expecting him to take responsibility as she had chosen to keep the baby herself but out of courtesy had told him several days before the wedding. His fault was that instead of telling YR about it, he decided that he will only talk to YR about it after the wedding. The woman felt that YR should go into this marriage knowing the truth , and hence decided to tell her...Hmm I am not sure if I agreed that she should do it then but I do think YR can thank her as it is clear that ex tends to make these one sided decisions.

I love YR's courage. It wasn't easy to call it off right there but at least she was honest with herself. And after that I loved that when she ran off - JH followed her and didn't ask any questions. He just took her to a quiet place to rest & was there for her. He didn't bash the ex in front of her and made sure she didn't feel like an idiot for making such a rush decision. JH is the gold standard of a true friend. 

To YR's credit, this friendship , thankfully isn't lopsided . What I mean is that she also did the same for him when he quit the hospital ( we have yet to find out why). He was also going through a rough time, and was depressed. She got him to move to the unit above her and slowly coaxed him to go back to some form of routine. This friendship is precious.

Spoiler

I was surprised that Jae Hoon agreed quite easily to be the replacement for the show. Like her I was expecting some resistance, but I think more than being the kind soul helping a friend out, he's hoping he'd get to spend time with her. I have to say it is quite meta to see how reality shows are done & set up. Also Ji Yeon - hmmm how did she even join this? Was it really coincidence. She's a bit sly I feel ...ahahah but I give her credit for working for what she wants which is in this case JaeHoon's heart.

The other person I am beginning to enjoy watching is Kang Chae Ri...under that prickly personality , she's got a good heart.  Am sure that she & YR will end up becoming very good friends.

• Star Struck 1