Love Is For Suckers 얼어죽을 연애 따위 [2022]

wink_

tumblr-cd4dd677878853ce51058a09db89cf82-

perfect fluttering point through 'Love Is For Suckers' | click a link | teaser trailer | preview stills

source:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 6

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

ENA's new “clips” feature lets viewers watch 1 minute 42 seconds clips of videos 'Love Is For Suckers' | the released stills foreshadow a variety of attractions.

source

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 6

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Feel bad to say this but main love line lost its spark for me. But these two though - I think why so many viewers like me are so invested now is because of them. The way their story line developed was unexpected and you want them to so badly end up together, Theirs is the  most genuine thing to come out of that Kingdom of Love fake dating show.

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

The dating show itself is a major failure in my opinion. No producer should’ve ever let one participant be left behind. Like in the case of that unwanted girl. They should always have a backup plan to jazz up the competition a bit. The dating show is so boring when from the beginning the pairing is always the same. That actress of the unwanted girl btw, played a very annoying brat in Three Bold Siblings. Very very annoying and unlikable. 

• Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

4 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

@abs-oluteM, the OTP for this drama lost me a long time ago, but I'm intrigued by your post about the unexpected couple. I assume that they are also contestants on the dating show? Would you mind giving me a quick synopsis of their situation in a spoiler? Thank you!

Stroppyse - these two 

Spoiler

started connecting and bonding over food he cooked a few episodes ago. And there was this incident where a knifed man came in and cause some chaos resulting in filming of the reality show being suspended.  During that time she was feeling rather scared and decided to clean up stuff in the main living room rather than being alone in her own room. He helped too and they bonded further. During that period, he had an emergency at home and had to go to his home town. She begged him to take her with him as she wanted a break from the place. He took her home ( his mum had a small accident) and introduced her to mum & also their seaside restaurant. Chef Jang is really just a small town boy. He has been falling for her because she is so honest ( not fake like the other girl he was paired up with in the show) and has real appreciation for food like him. 

So back to the pic I posted...last filming and all the couples were supposed to ask each other out on dates ( and give a time limit). The writer girl, Park Ji Wan decided to ask him for half an hour & he agreed. He was actually so happy inside but at the same time he was supposed to go on a date with the other girl that he had a love line with. So Park Ji Wan was given the first slot & then the other girl ( Tae Mi) had the second slot. Park Ji Wan  forgot her phone & returned to the restaurant to get it. Chef Jang had agreed with PD Kang Chae Ri to stage a kiss with Tae Mi( though he didn't quite want it but Kang somewhat arm twisted him. So when PJW came to get her phone Chef was about to kiss Tae Mi but he stopped when he saw her. And he ran after her instead of finishing up the kiss. 

17 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

The dating show itself is a major failure in my opinion. No producer should’ve ever let one participant be left behind. Like in the case of that unwanted girl. They should always have a backup plan to jazz up the competition a bit. The dating show is so boring when from the beginning the pairing is always the same. That actress of the unwanted girl btw, played a very annoying brat in Three Bold Siblings. Very very annoying and unlikable. 

And didn't you think it was so dumb that they let YR go up alone to get her from the balcony. They should have sent someone up ASAP along with YR. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Gosh... the production team is too lazy now. They edited this episode so haphazardly. Can still see the boom microphone on top of the actors (twice), and then the safety harness so clearly seen on the unwanted girl waist. It made me laughed that YR is persuading someone harnessed so securely not to jump 😆🤣 I really don’t know how to continue watching this drama anymore. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

photo1576757.jpg

Spoiler

official teaser trailer for 'Love Is For Suckers' Episode 15, which reveals a fascinating situation - OST Part.8

source

Spoiler

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 1

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Wait! Is Chef Jang the one who was having the flirtation with YR in the beginning of the drama? He was suck a jerk towards YR. And, now he has an unexpected love line with a writer girl?

Yes ...that's why I have to say he had a very good character development in this show compared to the leads. 

Too bad not enough of them in Ep 14

• Like 2

afc29709-f3cd-4ec5-8abe-93ca12f007ea-7dc

Content Writing Herald POP Reporter Jung Hyeon Tae

restmb-allidxmake-1.jpg

ENA

Actors Choi Si Won and Lee Da Hee showed off a hot bed scene.

On the 25th, ENA released the making-of videos of episodes 13 and 14 of 'Love Is For Suckers'.

In the video, we could see Choi Si Won and Lee Da Hee in the middle of rehearsing the kiss scene.

Choi Si Won showed a slightly shy appearance before the kissing scene. However, when the actual shooting started, Choi Si Won filmed a kissing scene with Lee Dahee without any hesitation.

Later, ahead of the bed scene, Lee Da Hee taught Choi Si Won how to make her flutter. Lee Da Hee joked, "Tell me how?", and Choi Si Won, who scratched his heart-thumping craftsmanship, said, "I'm learning a lot. Thank you."

In the filming, which continued in a thrilling mood, Choi Si Won and Lee Da Hee drew attention by sharing a kiss on the bed.

On the other hand, 'Love Is For Suckers' depicts a real-life survival romance that takes place when Yeo Reum (Lee Da Hee) and Park Jae Hoon (Choi Si Won), who live upstairs from the lower house, unexpectedly meet a dating reality show PD as a performer. It is broadcast every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:00 PM.

http://m.heraldpop.com/view.php?ud=202211251741121188864_1#cb

• Like 6

ENA> There are still two episodes left in 'Love Is For Suckers' | Revisit the talk about Kingdom of Love relationship | Mini-trailer cuts 

source:

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 4

tumblr-f04ed8d6c27fda36db146554ad619f46-

nostalgia and melancholy thrown in 'Love Is For Suckers' , will have only two episodes that ultimately finish the story | Kingdom of Love | preview stills | video clip cuts

source:

• Like 5

Seoul Economic Daily

• news
Reporter Lee Ji Yoon

Content Writing Reporter Lee Ji Yoon

mb-1669861103321721.jpg

'Love Is For Suckers' which is about to end, amplified curiosity about the final episode with Goo Yeo Reum's declaration of resignation and Park Jae Hoon gives subtle hints about a break up.

According to Nielsen Korea, an audience rating research institute on the 1st, episode 15 of the ENA Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Love Is For Suckers' which aired the previous day, recorded 1.4% viewer ratings based on paid households nationwide.

On this day's broadcast, Goo Yeo Reum (Lee Da Hee) unconsciously at first, told Park Jae Hoon (Choi Si Won) regarding the resignation. Park Jae Hoon who was shocked at that time, calculated that they had been in for more than 10 years and a relationship they had formed after circulating for 22 years.

Goo Yeo Reum acclaimed Park Jae Hoon,  one of the 'Kingdom of Love' cast members exposed inappropriate hardship between the production team and the performers which the controversy over the broadcasting were manipulated. Park Jae Hoon said, "How can I tell if I am the only one who responsible for 'Kingdom of Love'? And if so, is it reasonable to ask for shared responsibilities in it that I had messed up? I will deal with 'Kingdom of Love.'"

However, the next day, a photo of Goo Yeo Reum and Park Jae Hoon entering the house was leaked online, and the broadcasting station was turned upside down. The moment Goo Yeo Reum explained her relationship with Park Jae Hoon to Director Ma Jin Guk (Lee Seok Jun), Kang Chae Ri (Jo Soo Hyang) appeared. Kang Chae Ri said, “I asked you to bring it to me,” and she has to protect Goo Yeo Reum. Goo Yeo Reum told Kang Chae Ri that she would honestly reveal her relationship with Park Jae Hoon, but Kang Chae Ri revealed that she has received a disclosure threat from Kim Jun Ho (Seo Jun) last night, saying that she was the protagonist of the scandal by herself.

26-EQF8-JEVO-1.jpg

/Photo = ENA 'Love Is For Suckers' Broadcast Screen Capture

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

tumblr-d6cd1d8ebbd3f7b468787685c9e89e4a-

ENA> As of writing, there is currently just one episode of 'Love Is For Suckers' left | Let's strive, ambition and love | Teaser trailer clips | Farewell stills cut 

source:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Oh yay! Chef Jang and Ji wan ship sailed. That was the most important thing for me. 

Spoiler

This drama's writing was just all over the place. It is like the writer couldn't decide what she wanted to do with the characters. I was so closed to dropping it in the last few episodes because I didn't care anymore about the main pairing's love line. Where did it all go wrong?

Perhaps it was a gradual thing. Maybe it started with the FL consistently using her best friend to get out of trouble - taking him for granted one too many times. Or the ML just pining for her to the point that he was willing to be used over & over. The timing of his confession was off too...What annoyed me further was that Jae Hoon was supposed to give Ji Yeon a chance. But next thing you know , he is still thinking about YR. That really put me off.  Perhaps this is why I felt so disconnected from the main love line towards the end. 

My other gripe was also what they could have done for Kang Chae Ri's character. There was potential to give her more layers. In fact there were moments in earlier episodes where it was shown she isn't such a bad person. But not sure what happened later. And I don't even know how her sleeping with one of the contestants add value to the entire plot. 

What saved this show for me - yes and most surprisingly - Chef Jang's gradual but visible character development, and the unexpected and refreshing romance with Park JiWan. They should have dedicated way more time for this romance. Thankfully they had a good ending. 

As much as I like the cast , this show will not be missed. I only hope to find a fan made MV for Chef -Writer  romance. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

“Love Is For Suckers” Cast Shared More Farewell Sentiments Ahead Of Last Broadcast • Clips Cut

source

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 5

1264037328.png

Yonhap News

Reporter Yoo Joon Ha

p1065579114987169-762-thum.jpg

This photo provided by ENA shows, scenes from 'Love Is For Suckers.'

Romantic comedy fantasy series “Love Is For Suckers” about romantic relationship between protagonists in their late 30s, came to an end with 2 percent viewing rate.

According to South Korean Television Audience Measurement service Nielsen Korea on Friday, final episode of “Love Is For Suckers” by broadcasting provider ENA which aired on Thursday at 9 p.m recorded 2.2 percent viewing rate.

Throughout the final episode, protagonist Go Yeo Reum, acted by Lee Da Hee and Park Jae Hoon, acted by Choi Si Won who has been friends for 20 years comes to a happy ending.

Throughout the series, producer Goo Yeo Reum who produces “Kingdom Of Love” leaves to Paris for six months in order to overcome burnout, and Park Jae Hoon overcomes by resolving emotional challenges his scars in the past to become a neurosurgeon. 

Both protagonist who work at the same building plays tug of war between friendship and romantic relationship for a very long time, however in the end they kick off their romantic relationship.

Contestants of the programs “Kingdom Of Love” such as Chef John Jang acted by Park Yeon Woo and webtoon author Park Ji Wan acted by Son Hwa Ryeong finally finds out their true feelings towards one another after the program ended therefore they get engaged, and for Han Ji Yeon acted by Lee Joo Yeon, who had the biggest crush on Park Jae Hoon finds another lover.

“Love Is For Suckers” is a romantic comedy series which received numbers of positive feedbacks from the audience by successfully portraying the relationship between protagonist, which is not to light but at the same time not to heavy.

Moreover, the series successfully portrayed real life concerns that most of those who are in their late 30s will at least thing about once in their lifetime, creating the bond between the viewers and the series.

Throughout the series character Goo Yeo Reum addresses “Throughout my 20s birthday was a day of celebration, however now in my 30s birthdays are one of the normal days,” and due to the uncertainty of marriage she makes regrettable decisions as well.

By featuring a reality program within the series “Love Is For Suckers” drew a lot of audience’s attention. 

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

@ktcjdrama Thanks so much. So nice reliving their scenes. From the videos you can really see the evolution of Chef Jang's facial expressions and feelings for Ji Wan. This is 2022's most unexpected pairing. At least I feel I didn't waste my time watching this show :GrowDerp:

• Haha 1