[K-Artist] Yang Se Jong 양세종

[News] 2017.12.10 Yang Se Jong, Woo Do Hwan and Jang Ki Yong shares their thoughts about each other

by S. Park

Yang-Se-Jong-Woo-Do-Hwan-Jang-Ki-Yong.jp

Yang Se Jong, Woo Do Hwan, and Jang Ki Yong are being referred to as the 92-line of super rookie actors who graced TV screens this year. A Korean media outlet asked each of these three actors their thoughts about each other.

Yang Se Jong first met viewers through SBS’s “Romantic Doctor Kim” in 2016, appeared in the sageuk (Korean historical) drama “Saimdang, Light’s Diary,” and played dual roles on OCN’s “Duel,” before stealing hearts on SBS’s “Degree of Love.”

On his fellow 92-line actors, Yang Se Jong said, “When I first started acting, I acted because I was stimulated by something. It was my school [Korean National University of Arts] that made me realize that. Everyone has a different way of practicing, but I thought that it would hurt me if I acted in order to compete with someone else.”

He continued, “I don’t think people should act while thinking of trying to win over someone else. I only focus on the script and how to best convey it. I think that is the most important. I think people around us are creating this rivalry.”

Woo Do Hwan debuted his acting skills through small roles on MBN’s sitcom “You’re Here, You’re Here, You’re Really Here” in 2011, then tvN’s “Shut Up! Flower Boy Band,” and KBS2’s “The Man Living In Our House.” Then, he gained more attention through the film “Master,” OCN’s “Save Me,” and most recently KBS2’s “Mad Dog.”

Spoiler

Woo Do Hwan spoke fondly of his fellow 92-line actors and commented, “I saw Yang Se Jong’s good acting on ‘Duel’ and thought it was cool when I later learned that we were the same age. I think he’s an actor with good appeals. I have not yet met him, but if I have the chance, I want to meet him and I think we can become friends. I read his interview articles and he is a cool person with a good mind. I have a lot to learn from him.”

He also talked spoke about Jang Ki Yong and added, “They play re-runs of ‘Go Back Couple’ right after ‘Mad Dog’ so I watched [Jang Ki Yong] in the drama. He is really tall and really cool. I think there are many great, charming people my age which is a good stimulus. I think we can have fun if we were to meet each other on set.”

Jang Ki Yong also played minor roles on multiple dramas. In 2014, he appeared on SBS’s “The Greatest Marriage,” web drama “We Broke Up” in 2015, KBS2’s “Beautiful Mind” in 2016, tvN’s “The Liar and His Lover” in 2017, and most recently KBS2’s “Go Back Couple” as Jang Na Ra’s college senior named Jung Nam Gil.

Spoiler

As a former model and actor of YG KPLUS, he wowed viewers in his ROTC uniform and acting on the drama. He revealed, “Before I started my latest project [‘Go Back Couple’] I grabbed a beer with a close friend and talked about how it would be nice to be mentioned with actors such as Yang Se Jong and Woo Do Hwan. So it’s really cool that it’s actually happening.”

He continued, “I thought it would be encouraging and thankful just to be mentioned alongside them, so I am really grateful to be mentioned with them. It makes me think that I should work harder now that I have been named with these actors. I am ready to show you more prepared acting in the future.”

source: Soompi via Sports Chosun

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Party! 1

[Video] 2017.12.31 SBS Drama Awards - New Actor Award's Acceptance Speech

Se Jong: Thank you. Thank you to hyung, noona and sunbaenim who filmed Temperature of Love together for 3 months. I will be an honest person. Thank you.
---
Sejong's first ever award! Look how nervous and sweaty he was! Poor boy looked like he's about to pass out from the overwhelming emotions 😛 
  • Party! 1

[News] 2018.05.08 Evaluation Results for 54th Baeksang Arts Awards Announced

Spoiler

eESBLKD.png

In summary, 54th Baeksang Arts Awards announces the evaluation results (in points). This gives us insight as to how many points each actor and project received from the judges.

There were 8 judges on the panel and each are to give the actor or project between 1 to 5 points. Yang Se Jong scored a total of 32. Runner up was Lee Kyung Hyung (Secret Forest) at 28. Then follow by Park Hae Soo (Prison Playbook) – 26, Woo Do Hwan (Save Me) – 20 and Kim Jung Hyun (School 2017) – 14.

Excerpt from news regarding why Yang Se Jong won the New Actor award:

'사랑의 온도' 양세종은 대형 신인의 탄생을 알렸다. 
'낭만닥터 김사부' '사임당' '듀얼' '사랑의 온도'까지 1년간 보여준 성과가 엄청나다. 
이동규 교수는 "유독 필모그라피가 많았던 올해의 님지 신인상 후보 중 가장 뛰어난 연기를 보여준 건 양세종이었다"고 말했다.

"Temperature of Love" Yang Se Jong - birth of a big new comer.

With "Romantic doctor", "Saimdang", "Duel" and "Temperature of Love" in within a year, he showed amazing achievements. One of the judges, Professor Lee Dong Kyu shared that amongst the candidates, the only one with an outstanding performance in various filmographies is Yang Se Jong.

심사위원단은 양세종에 대해 "신인의 풋풋함과 배우로서의 가능성이 느껴진다. 이런 기운이 작품에서도 드러나 좋았다. 대성할 배우"라고 평가했다.  

From another news excerpt, the whole judge panel evaluation towards Yang Se Jong is that they found him refreshing as a new comer and has the potential of an actor. This energy was evident and well performed in his works. He will become an accomplish actor. 

source (1) (2)

It's good to know the reasons behind why Se Jong beat out the other candidates and won this award fair and square. It may not shut all the antis up completely, but at least there's evidence to show them this guy won the award based on his performances for all 4 projects, not just based on one i.e. Temperature of Love (which the script/drama/his role unfortunately failed to impress (the antis) and his character weren't likable, challenging or multi-dimensional as his previous).

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Party! 1

[News] 2018.07.13 "30 but 17" Writer Jo Sung Hee's View on Yang Se Jong

0000053598_001_20180713101437380.jpgAn old news that was not translated by any English websites, but it's one that's informative in relation to Se Jong.

-- Extracted & translated the part on Yang Se Jong only --

Writer Jo Sung Hee's interview—in regard to choosing the actor for the role

Yang Se Jong is an actor I am always curious about. I remember being surprised when I first saw him in "Duel". I wondered how he could show that kind of emotions and looks at his age. I was surprised again when we first met. Even though it was only a simple meet and greet, but from our light conversation, I felt he had already captured the meaning of the script and character accurately. I thought to myself, "He really is a smart actor!" He matches the Woo Jin I had in mind very closely, and I really wanted to work with him. I am very thankful he could become our Woo Jin.

source: iMBC

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Party! 1

[News] 2020.05.12 D-Day: Yang Se Jong Shares Heartfelt Letter With Fans And Quietly Enlists In Military

TcVZ31g.jpg

Yang Se Jong has quietly enlisted in the military.

The actor enlisted at the 27th Division located in Hwacheon, Gangwon Province at 2 p.m. KST on May 12. There, he will undergo basic training before being assigned to the division where he will carry out the rest of his military service.

Yang Se Jong made the decision to have a quiet enlistment without any scheduled events. However, he did take to his fan cafe the day before to write a heartfelt letter to his fans and explain his quiet enlistment, which reads as follows:

Hello to all the people I love, this is Se Jong. There is something I wanted to ask from you regarding my enlistment.

As we are currently living in a time where we must all be careful about our health, I hope you will be okay with sending me away without physically being there. I understand that you will want to come say goodbye to me in person, but please don’t. Although I am sad that I won’t be able to give you a proper greeting, I promise to be healthy and brave and come back to you… Goodbye!

It is thanks to you and your support and love that I have been able to work hard on my acting till now. I promise to greet you once again in good spirits. Please be healthy while I am gone. Be healthy, be healthy, and be happy!

We wish Yang Se Jong all the best and can’t wait to see him again!

Source (1) (2) via Soompi

===

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Party! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

D-Day 2020.05.12 Official Day of Yang Se Jong's enlistment

Yang Se Jong has officially reported his active military service duty today at 2 pm. It was as he had wish, to be quiet and not publicized. He'll carry out 5 weeks of training at Gangwondo.

His 5 years contract with Good People Entertainment has also expired therefore who he will sign with will be the foremost interesting matter when he returns 15th November 2021.

See you late 2021, Sejong-ah.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Party! 1

2020.06.06 Yang Se Jong's Military Camp Photo

Spoiler

EZ05TCbUMAEsUJV?format=jpg&name=large
EZ05VM5U8AAiLKL?format=jpg&name=large

2020.06.13 New Military Photo - Last week of training

Spoiler

EaXVpRSVAAIRq8_?format=jpg&name=large

[News] 2020.06.17 Yang Se Jong Receives Commendation for His Outstanding Performance in the Military

EartcjPU8AIL9fw?format=jpg&name=medium

Actor Yang Se Jong received commendation upon completing his 5-week military training.

On June 17, Yang Se Jong's management agency revealed that the actor was awarded commendation for his outstanding overall performance among the training soldiers. The agency said, "Yang Se Jong has received commendation for his outstanding performance in the military from the divisional commander." They continued, "He just had a completion ceremony, and he's doing very well in the military."

Then, photos of Yang Se Jong receiving and holding the certificate of commendation were shared online soon after. In the photos, Yang Se Jong indeed looked happy; he looked like he has gained a little of weight while there as well.

Yang Se Jong started his military service on May 12, and is expected to be discharged in November 2021.

Spoiler

EartdT6UYAAuL6P?format=jpg&name=medium
201441587_1280.jpg

source: SBS Star

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Party! 1

Introducing Yang Se Jong's 5 Dramas' His Crying Scenes - Part 1

Yang Se Jong may be a rookie actor, but when it comes to emotional (crying) scenes, he had always had them in the bag since Day 1. Tears stream naturally down from the middle of his eye(s) down to cheek. He cries beautifully is what makes it even more captivating.

2016 - Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim

45kDVrz.gif

source: mademoisellesia

The only crying scene Se Jong had, but his delivery of lines, the emotions and that one tear streaming down his cheek was powerful enough in displaying how tough the decision was for In Beom to tell the father he was proud of & highly admired that he now wants to be independent, that he won't be able to stand beside him.

2017 - Saimdang

ewSGLwi.gif

source: Attractive

Ugh, I literally heard Lee Gyeom's heart crush into pieces with that tear as Saimdang tells him she has consummated her marriage the night before...💔

2017 - Duel

on2ScVR.gif

source: new bell

Se Jong plays two clones, both Sung Joon and Sung Hoon - their last heart-breaking confrontation but emotional scene. 💕

Spoiler

L75HUiC.gif

source: SODA

Snp6CHn.gif

source: TEN MILLION

This one is so gorgeous I feel compelled to stick it in! :P

Edited by mademoisellesia

Introducing Yang Se Jong's 5 Dramas' Crying Scenes - Part 2

Yang Se Jong may be a rookie actor, but when it comes to emotional (crying) scenes, he had always had them in the bag since Day 1. Tears stream naturally down from the middle of his eye(s) down to cheek. He cries beautifully is what makes it even more captivating.

2017 - Temperature of Love

j13OZzV.gif

source: Unknown

Spoiler

HgdKc3Vh.jpg

Se Jong weren't really allowed to cry a lot in Temperature of Love, which I think is because of his character set-up. It would've been awesome to see this particular shot in actual action which was not in the actual drama, but in the end, the PD went with just Jung Sun's eyes well up with tears, and not actually cried in front of his dad.

2018 - Thirty but Seventeen

itBksEh.gif

source: 1024o_o

By this time, I don't even think I need to say anymore about his crying scenes. He's just too good at it and I think most importantly, the crying style is my cup of tea.

Spoiler

dC3id3G.gif

source: Moon9

mS6yzTl.gif

eGB4lVa.gif

source: ON CLOUD NINE

1yh9JBN.gif

source: dr.MOA

Edited by mademoiselle

!! Throwback !!

[TV Interview] 2017.09.24 Truth or Lies for Yang Se Jong and Seo Hyun Jin? Find out on SBS Hanbam TV!

36570035484_605c59fcd2_b.jpg

On Sep 19, SBS releases a section interview of Yang Se Jong and Seo Hyun Jin promoting Temperature of Love on Night of TV Entertainment (Hanbam TV). There were so much cute and laughters (for me) that I believe it garners a special post as remembrance for these two.

Video

It won’t be a full translation, but a focus on the important and funniest part. Here goes:

Time 0:31 – 0:42

Host: The title is… Temperature of Love

SHJ: To put it simply, I like you a lot and I hope you will like me back is ‘Temperature‘. ‘Temperature‘ is also another way to express ‘timing‘.

Time 1:18 – 1.43

Host: It’s not the first time both of you first met, right?

SHJ + YSJ: Nae. Nae (Yes, that’s correct)

Cut to clips from Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim showing us they have worked together before. Hanbam informs viewers Yang Se Jong played a character who had a crush on Hyun Jin. The host then asked if they are in contact with former co-star Yoo Yeon Seok, and uri Hyun Jin hilarious explain why he didn’t…

SHJ: That person is busy with dressing up as a girl and isn’t paying too much attention to us. (Note: Yoon Yeon Seok is currently busy with musical, Hedwig)

Read more → LINK

Edited by mademoiselle
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

2021.08.27 Pride Republic of Korea Army (Narrated by Yang Se Jong)

Translation:

We are the Republic of Korea Army loyal to the country and people. 

1. We protect freedom and democracy and become a force for national unity.

2. We have become the victors of ground warfare through actual combat training.

3. We abide by the law and obey the orders of superiors.

4. We defend honor and loyalty, and are firmly united in friendship. I am the Army of the Republic of Korea.

:pandalove: Love the narration. Less than 80 days now~

Edited by mademoiselle
  • 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Yay! So he will sign with Blossom then? Is that the one that you were hoping he didn't sign with?

Yes that's the one I'm hoping he doesn't sign with. It's Cha Tae Hyun's agency. They didn't handle some issues very well for PBG back then and I don't think they are as resourceful so I'm hoping it is a no.

• 3 weeks later...

2021.11.18 Yang Se Jong Left A Message & Photo of Himself for Fans at His Fan Club

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Yang Se Jong's message:

To all those whom I love! Hello, this is Se Jong.

I said that I would come to find you one day and here I am. I’m sure you have a lot of disappointed feelings, but I cautiously believe that you’ll understand me. 

I really missed you. Everyone has been doing well, right? I’m happy and relieved to think that I can greet you again with a healthy image after this time has passed. Now that I’m writing this, the fact that I’ve been discharged feels more real. 

During my time in the military, I spent each day well while thinking about the people who are cheering me on with unchanged hearts. You gave me a lot of strength. From the bottom of my heart, thank you! 

To those who waited steadfastly for me, I will repay them with a good project. And I will keep updating you on how I’m doing. 

Everyone! Take care of your health in the cold weather. It’s a difficult and tough time, but I hope everyone will be happy. 

As always, thank you and I love you! Be healthy and healthy and happy! 

Edited by mademoiselle
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle Wah?! So many voices! I think he is either the second or third (I'm thinking more third) one that said the greeting after everyone said their names. Did you also think the same too? 

Hahahahahaha he's not the 3rd. He was near the end, after Song Joong Ki. Actually, why is SJK's voice still there when he's no longer in Blossom?

Sejong's voice is at 0:12, 0:27 and 0:43

• Shocked 1