Young Actor's Retreat [2022]

stroppyse

@SilverMoonTea @Tofu @stroppyse @Alice Wonderland Episode 5 is absolutely hilarious! Although it was at the expense of the actors, but it was a stress relieving episode from all the laughing! It really lift up my mood, LOL!

Poor In Yeop though... for flying out of the chair so many times. Ji Chang Wook is the luckiest amongst the boys in the first round. He just looks absolutely clueless and lost the whole time. Most of them ended up horrified.

That soy sauce crab is a raw dish, isn't it? I'm really interested in the taste. Been interested ever since I saw it in My Love From the Star, Chun Song Yi grumbling about being scammed from her online shopping. LOL!

I'm sorry, Bogum, I laughed at your shivering in fear (cold?)

In Yeop falling into the pool and JCW is worried about him lol

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

That soy sauce crab is a raw dish, isn't it?

Yes, the soy sauce crab is a dish where raw crab is marinated in seasoned soy sauce. (There are other variations where a chili pepper base is used as marinade/sauce on the raw crab.) Anyway, raw crab tastes different than cooked crab, and the soy sauce has to taste really good as well as the crab being fresh in order for the dish to taste good.  The shell where the lining and potentially the crab eggs which soaks up a lot of the soy sauce is considered a choice part of the dish.

I personally like both the soy sauce crab and the chili sauce crab, but then again I grew up eating the dishes. I do know some people find it tastes a bit too briny and the texture slightly slimy and aren't huge fans of it. Not to mention that there is quite a bit of garlic that can go into the soy sauce marinade which can put some people off.

I don't watch a lot of variety, but I'm finding this show hilarious, and I love the teams. I think that JCW may be the biggest surprise to me. He's definitely not Healer in real life. :lmao2:

• Like 3
18 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I personally like both the soy sauce crab and the chili sauce crab, but then again I grew up eating the dishes. I do know some people find it tastes a bit too briny and the texture slightly slimy and aren't huge fans of it. Not to mention that there is quite a bit of garlic that can go into the soy sauce marinade which can put some people off.

Mmm ok, I'm unsure about the texture being slimy but I'm a lover of garlic. So if there's a chance, I'd still like to try it :heart:

18 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I think that JCW may be the biggest surprise to me. He's definitely not Healer in real life.

He is blur blur most of the time :laugh: He looked terrified on the flying chair.

• Haha 3

I feel so bad laughing at all the scenes with Hwang In Yeop. There's something so cute and pure about his reactions plus struggles.:lmao2:

ABH trying to get to know PBG and HIY was cute. He came a day later so he was worried everyone would become close leaving him unsure of how to approach them. I'm glad to see he's fitting in well. 

PBG and HIY are seen together so often. I hope this friendship blossoms outside of the show. Maybe they can be in a drama together where they have their own love interests -- kind of like a Gong Yoo/Lee Dong Wook type of situation in Goblin. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Hahahahahahaha @Tofu I feel bad laughing at all of them who were on the flying chair, and of course, especially In Yeop. Seo Joon them all are calling him "Variety Shin (God)". I suppose it means everything he does is comedic.

Kwon Nara must be very apologetic. LOL.

And yes, I can see In Yeop and Bo Gum being friends. They sit across each other as well so it means In Yeop is getting comfortable with Bo Gum. They cut out the scene where Ahn Bo Hyun and Bo Gum were eating the marinaded sesame leaves (it was in the preview).

• Like 2
9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Seo Joon them all are calling him "Variety Shin (God)". I suppose it means everything he does is comedic.

I'm not sure if the supposed meaning is that. While it's true that everything that he has done so far in the show are comedic, the god of variety is more like a term to say that he must be blessed during their MT because he experienced all sorts of things that seasonal entertainer might have experienced during his first variety shows. Not to mention that his expression is just as innocent and pure that made people enjoy watching him no matter what..

I only encounter those term when I watched actively running man on their early run and usually actor Lee Kwang Soo will always be the one who got that nickname because of all of misfortune. And well in this episode 5, In Youp is rather unlucky enough to sit at the spot where he would get drenched with water just because Na Ra laughs, which was something hard for her to handle since they're shooting variety show, and would be flown by the flying chair because she answered the questions with I am..

For the team to enjoy delicious breakfast, they better to make Itaewon team to lose and enjoy Park Seo Joon cooking tough.. My experienced watching him as chef in Youn Stay can guarantee that he can and indeed cook delicious food :LaxEat:

• Like 2

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

The second half of the flying chair game wasn't as funny as the first. Poor In Yeop, still the most unlucky one of all and continued to flew off his chair a lot. Even though Itaewon Class team ended up the losing team but I think Sound of Magic team is actually the bigger loser because they have had to play the game twice. I even worried if they would be sick afterwards since the rain got really heavy and the temperature must have dropped a lot since I noted Chae Soo Bin was holding a warm pack.

Nonetheless, it was lovely to see the Itaewon Class team preparing morning breakfast for everyone. I'm looking forward to the next episode because that's where it played to Seo Joon's strength and based on the preview, they were a bit chaotic at first and Seo Joon stepped in to lead the team to be more organised (it seem). This scene immediately reminded me how in Youn Kitchen's in Spain it was also Seo Joon demonstrating and organising the menu order in the kitchen.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

This scene immediately reminded me how in Youn Kitchen's in Spain it was also Seo Joon demonstrating and organising the menu order in the kitchen.

Youn's Kitchen in Spain was a lot of fun to watch, and I thought PSJ was pretty fantastic. He just seemed really prepared, organized, and diligent. I think PSJ was the maknae in the YK staff, but now he's one of the oldest members of this group, I think? Anyway, he seems to be playing a good mentoring role even as he has fun here.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Youn's Kitchen in Spain was a lot of fun to watch, and I thought PSJ was pretty fantastic. He just seemed really prepared, organized, and diligent. I think PSJ was the maknae in the YK staff, but now he's one of the oldest members of this group, I think? Anyway, he seems to be playing a good mentoring role even as he has fun here.

I enjoyed Youn's Kitchen in Spain too. They worked hard during the day and then ate good food during the night. YYJ doesn't like instant ramen but she fell in love with Seo Joon's ramen. Makes me wonder just how good it is, LOL!

If I remember correctly, Seo Joon mentioned he has work experience in restaurant that's why he knew and could share the tricks with the others in Youn Kitchen Spain version.

He was maknae in Spain and then Woo Sik became maknae in Hanok version. I think the age goes from YYJ → LSJ → KYM → PSJ → CWS. I wonder if we will get another season of Youn's Kitchen... YYJ is getting a bit too old now.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

He was maknae in Spain and then Woo Sik became maknae in Hanok version. I think the age goes from YYJ → LSJ → KYM → PSJ → CWS. I wonder if we will get another season of Youn's Kitchen... YYJ is getting a bit too old now.

Not only that, but I think that YYJ has become a lot busier as well for her to drop everything and go shoot overseas for a season.

8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

If I remember correctly, Seo Joon mentioned he has work experience in restaurant that's why he knew and could share the tricks with the others in Youn Kitchen Spain version.

I think PSJ, like a lot of actors, took on various jobs while auditioning for their big breaks, and so had experience working in a kitchen.

I'm curious about how good PSJ's ramen is as well. I like to eat ramen occasionally, though it's usually doctored up because I'm not a huge fan of the "instant" taste.

I guess that means that on the bus in @twink_twink_'s post, I should choose seat 18 so that I can ask him his secrets to making ramen??? :pandapray:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Star Struck 1

Episode 7

First up, Hwang In Yeop. LOLLLL, for side-tracking during their shopping and starts buying junk food. Soo Bin did the same. I honestly expected there would be none from Itaewon Class team and voila, we have Kwon Nara joining the "side-track" team. I should have known, LOL. It was entertaining how she quietly put two puddings in the trolley and quietly took them out again when the others said the beef is too expensive there might not be enough money. Then put it back into the trolley again after they got the final price for the beef steak :lmao2:.

And gosh, I love the Itaewon Class team when they wore the red uniform and sing to their OST. I'm so impressed with Park Seo Joon's leadership. The first thing he does when he's on the food truck is check the surrounding and decide the system of how things need to be done, including the plating. A complete pro. Oh, love it when Ahn Bo Hyun called Baek Jong Won up for guidance on the steak sauce. Hahahaha. Smart idea although he's really not a good cook. Thank goodness we have Seo Joon to the rescue! He's really important member of the team for this mission, down to teaching Kyung Soo how to handle the cut beef. You can just tell who's experience in cooking and who isn't.

Yoo Jung showed some leadership skill as well. I bet the MoonCloud shipper enjoyed this episode the most because Bo Gum and Yoo Jung have many scenes together on screen. Bo Gum is an Ahjumma killer, hahahaha.

Next week will be the last episode. I can't believe we've come to an end so quick. Hopefully we get season 2 with other drama teams. As kdrama viewers, I definitely would love to see more drama teams get together.

@Tofu @stroppyse @SilverMoonTea Have you guys seen this episode?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2