*Cries* ~ the next guest is Kim Min Ha. The actress who played teenage Sunja in Pachinko. Rowoon calls her Min Ha noona so I was 😮 how he knew her and turns out she was in School 2017!

:cry: Where's Kim Young Dae, Lee Jae Wook, Kim Hye Yoon, Nam Yoon Soo, Kim Hee Sun, Lee Soo Hyuk or Park Eun Bin...? Damn you tvN for teasing us....!FeCaINqXkAET224?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1
  • Star Struck 1

Episode 4

There are a lot more Rowoon this time. More interactions with the sunbae and Kim Ha Neul. Rowoon drooling over the thought of having toast (spam + half-cooked sunny side up + strawberry jam) with coffee — I find myself thinking Rowoon is easy to feed :pandathink:.

HoW-38.gif

Plus he ate all the food for the last 4 episodes deliciously, apart from Ha Neul's failed fried rice (which he ate without complaint LMAO). And the PLUS side is he's a fantastic kitchen helper/cleaner. He does all the washing and cleaning. He's got Chiaki in him and I need a man like him! @Tofu You have to hurry up and catch up!

Sung Dong Il turns out to be a pretty good cook. I'm impressed! Though I'm not sure about fish in soups. Always been a bit iffy about putting fishes in soup because they tend to be fishy, but then again Korean puts chilli in everything so it could mask the fishyness.

Also, what's this roasting rice cake and eating with honey!? Is it really tasty? Koreans really love their rice cakes, don't they?

Lastly, I'm still :lmao2: at how cute he is with his reaction towards a wasp!

HoW-37.gif

The only con I guess because I'm scared sh*t of spiders 🕷️!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1

I've reason to believe that Rowoon is an introvert too :pandathink:. He was really awkward with Sung Dong Il and Kim Hee Won for at least the 3 episodes, and with all the guests. But in episode 4 is when he's became a lot more "out there" and spoke more. In episode 5 now you can see he's comfortable with the two sunbaenim, but then gets completely silent/awkward again with the new guest, Kim Min Ha, whom he's actually worked with in School 2017. LOL.

FhSWBB1UoAABJ2t?format=jpg&name=medium

I cannot wait to see him with Kim Hye Yoon and Lee Jae Wook since they are soooo much closer so Rowoon will be a lot more comfortable, chatty and playful (esp. with Hye Yoon). Rowoon so far has been a kitchen helper, but this time he cooked braised salmon. From other shows he's been on, I know he can cook, but he's been humble and let sunbae take the spot. So I'm looking forward to seeing him cook with Hye Yoon and Jae Wook. Is it always a tradition that the guest cook breakfast? Because that's what happened for all the guests this season.

It was quite hilarious seeing the two oldies coaxing Rowoon to lie and show off about "Andong Jjimdaek". Rowoon tried his best to complete his mission but dying to tell the truth later :laugh:. Don't they know that eventually the truth will come out anyway on TV? Hahaha. Rowoon is also funny on the yacht / boat, being super scared of Hee Won's driving. I thought about us, @Tofu, thinking what if all of them have motion sickness - so to do this kind of show - does that mean they must always take a motion sickness pill? It must be a torture for those who really suffer bad.

I feel sorry for Sung Dong Il, having to continue filming with a painful backache. It got me wondering if he was feeling pain even from walking. They had to walk a lot, sightseeing the historical places in this episode. I only knew Andong by name because the infamous Kim clan that controls the Joseon dynasties came from there 😅. Andong itself has very beautiful sceneries although most of them were shot through those drone camera, so we wouldn't be able to see the same view shown on TV if we were there, unless we are in a helicopter.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1
22 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Did you like the length or the wavy-ness of the fringe?

Maybe both? I actually like it a little shorter than that gif (kind of more like the first episode). I do like that he has wavy hair too! He should keep it more natural 

• Like 1

JH doesn't work well on my phone browser now due to the pushed update we had, so I have to split my comment in two posts. It wouldn't allow me to continue to write. Sigh. 

I would have to take or bring motion sickness pills with me if that's going to happen. They probably tell their guests and the members ahead of time what they will be doing. There are those motion sickness patches so they could also just stick those on them too. I've never tried those before so I don't know how effective they are. 

Rowoon seems like he's comfortable with his  sunbaes now, but the introduction of a guest makes him shy again. With the exception of Ah Joong, I wished they have guests the members are familiar with. It'll make socializing easier; however, I thought they got along well with Kim Ha Neul. 

I didn't watch the other seasons so I'm not sure about the guest making breakfast. 😕 

• Like 1

@Tofu You haven't seen Extraordinary You, have you? Rowoon's hair is wavy in there. It was so beautiful in the beginning, the waves. Then he straighten it to indicate "the change". When he goes back to the original Haru, because he cut his fringe, the wave didn't look as nice as it was anymore.

My fave style is from the below scene... front, side and back all styled very nicely

Rowoon was shy with Ah Jung as well and because he also doesn't know the sunbaenim so he was very quiet throughout. Now he's even cheeky with Sung Dong Il (sunscreen application). LOL. Yeah Kim Ha Neul at first all of them were awkward and then got better afterwards, especially by the time they cook breakfast. The wasp scene is so funny.

Ah Jung is a big fan and wanted to try everything related to House on Wheels. I do like how the part where she enjoyed the ATV so much whereas the boys... what is going on there? Hahaha.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1

Episode 6

I love watching Rowoon eat. He eats everything deliciously, even seonji (blood). Also I think he's being too humble about his cooking. He's actually a pretty good cook himself. I think thanks to him, now I know why my rolled omelette doesn't stick together :pandathink:. I shall re-try next time. Not sure if the beef was really that good but watching Rowoon making all those faces, I shall believe him. Hahaha.

The wet fog on the surface of the lake looks amazing. I often thought that probably is just part of the special effects. It never cross my mind that it was real! Kinda cool and I'd love to be there to see it except it looks really cold (for autumn) that I'm having second thought. Them wearing such thick windbreaker scares me.

Interesting that Kim Min Ha went for so many auditions (think a total of 9 in the end). I wonder how many times LMH did his. :pandathink: It wouldn't have been an easy one since the director is a foreigner.

Really looking forward to episode 7-8! Rowoon is so much more lively with Jae Wook and Hye Yoon. I just love the friendship and bond they have forged since Extraordinary You. I guess this drama meant a lot to the three of them especially Hye Yoon and Rowoon for it was the first time both of them were leads, shouldering the pressure that they must do well for the ratings, and from the BTS, they supported one another a lot through thick and thins whilst acting opposite each other. As a fan of EY, I'm just as thrilled as EY fans to see them reuniting on screen again. :heart:

Edited by mademoiselle

FiV4Lt_UYAAyPze?format=jpg&name=large

Seok Woo and Lee Jae Wook, please release all these photos you guys have taken on the show! 😆

FiV4JajUAAIeNpA?format=jpg&name=large

LOL, Kim Hee Won has the face of "Get off me!"

Really really love seeing them interact. Rowoon was super excited and cheerful because of Hye Yoon and Jae Wook. And I just loved how both of them, especially Jae Wook, teases and criticises Rowoon being clumsy on the show :lmao2:. Meanwhile upon meeting big sunbae Sung Dong Il, both were bowing 90° and Rowoon just smiles and runs to give sunbae a hug! I was so amused at how straight up Jae Wook sat after Hee Won arrived and noticed his stiffness before Hee Won pointed it out. :lmao2:

I also love through them chatting away, we get to learn a bit more about Jae Wook being the one who likes to cook, and he even made Tiramisu. They haven't eaten that yet after lunch! Maybe they'll have it for dinner. The whole synergy lifted because the guests are Rowoon's close friends. He's talkative and even nags Hye Yoon as well as nearly loses his cool over "washing spam". :laugh: And yes @Tofu, I've never washed my spam too. I just scrap the oil/jelly bit. The fats are inside the spam so we can't wash that off anyway. The bickering between them was so entertaining. For a split moment I also felt a little emotional of their closeness and the bond they formed over Extraordinary You - that it was very precious memories for them as newbies (and us fans).

I feel like I got to know Rowoon a lot more and learnt new things I never knew about him e.g., fear of motorbike, quad bike and boat ride.

img.gif

Rowoon looking fondly at his friends...:heart: So adorb.

• Like 1