Call It Love 사랑이라 말해요 (2023)

abs-oluteM

CALL IT LOVE

사랑이라 말해요   

isp20230211000135.600x.0.png

SYNOPSIS 

A romantic melodrama that depicts the story of a man and a woman who, exhausted from their harsh reality, begin to understand each other with new emotions and find themselves gradually changing.

Source : AKP and MDL

Writer: Kim GaEun

Network: Disney Plus

Airing in : TBD (2023)

# of Episodes: 16

Genre: Romance, Melodrama

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Cast 

Main Cast 

6820119_1008856_323.jpg

Kim Young Kwang as Han Dong Jin

To endure a lifelong battle against loneliness Han DongJin became a workaholic. In the midst of living while enduring the pain of being hurt by love, he meets a woman who is entangled in revenge and his life changes.

Lee Sung Kyung as Shim Woo Joo

Wounded by family affairs, Shin WooJoo vows to take revenge on Han DongJin, who has deeply affected her life. However, as she gets to know Han DongJin on a deeper level other emotions start to bloom and she becomes confused about her original intentions. 

Sung Joon as Yoon Joon (Woo Joo's bestie) 

Ahn Hee Yeon as Kang Min Young (Dong Jin's ex-girlfriend)

Kim Ye Won  as Shim Hye Seong (Woo Joo's sis)

Supporting 

Yeon Je Hyung  as Kang Goon
Sung Ryung
as Kim Yu Ri
Nam Ki Ae 

Jun Suk Ho 

Park Jin Ah 

Jang Sung Bum 

Character description source:  kpopmap.com

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@abs-oluteM Mmm. Another revenge drama. So is 2023's theme "revenge"? 😆

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©

Sim Woo-Joo's (Lee Sung-Kyung) life became miserable because of her father and his mistress. After her father's death, Sim Woo-Joo is kicked out of her home by the woman her father dated. She decides to take revenge on that woman. She approaches Han Dong-Jin (Kim Young-Kwang), who is the son of her father’s ex-mistress. Sim Woo-Joo gets to know him and realizes that she has fallen in love with him. Han Dong-Jin is a workaholic, who has suffered from loneliness for his entire life. His life changes after he meets Sim Woo-Joo.

• Haha 3
42 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Why KYK looks rather different in the still above? Right? 

Yes ...he looks really different. Did he get some nice skin work done? :D  He looks like he lost weight too? Or maybe it is just the hair?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yes ...he looks really different. Did he get some nice skin work done? :D  He looks like he lost weight too? Or maybe it is just the hair?

Don’t think so. I tried to cover up the hair. Still not the same KYK’s aura. I think it’s the eyes and mouth. We’ll see better when the drama starts. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

KYK looks good here, like younger...? It's LSK that seems to look tired - although I'm thinking it's her character look.

Ya he does look younger ....and looks different from his role in Somebody . Thankfully as that role traumatised me even though oppa showed me his body :lettalKWA:

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

These two went on Amazing Saturday . KYK mentioned his MBTI shows his an introvert but LSK is extroverted. So you can tell there was one part where he was dying of embarrassment when he had to dance :laugh:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Their pictorial 

FpUYfg5agAALlMr?format=jpg&name=medium

Spoiler

FpUYfg2akAIhUNO?format=jpg&name=medium

Spoiler

FpUYfgvaUAAsbBI?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 2
  • Star Struck 1

mb-1676946805523540.jpg

mb-1676946885179653.jpg

Photo = Xports News

on this day - February 21 ; a press conference for the Disney+ original drama 'Call It Love' was held at JW Marriott Dongdaemun Square Seoul, Jongno-gu, Seoul.

Spoiler

mb-1676945821237992.jpg

mb-1676945397229247.jpg

1676948015313812.jpg

mb-1676945582317723.jpg

:hearties:

@abs-oluteM  thank you for providing this thread to be part of it, absM ⚘️ I couldn't help but adore the pair so much. yeah, I've seen the clip then shows Shim Woo Joo as she resolves to get revenge as well as a glimpse into the life of Han Dong Jin, the man who supposedly becomes the target of her revenge. can't wait to see the chemistry between their angles on scenes. it's also nice seeing Sang Joon on his character. I almost forgot about to spell Sung Joon, his name not Sang Joon. 😉

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Party! 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

What I like from Disney+, they always drop two episodes in one day. That is good plus bad. Good when the drama is bad, bad when the drama is good. What do you think am I going to end up with?? @Tofu 😄

I'll give you hints, so the first episode already felt so gloomy like they fear we wont get the message that it's a melodrama. So I keep watching LSK helplessly gets her revenge toward her daddy's mistress. Her messed up family doesn't really ruin the whole family. I mean, the three siblings are harmonious and there's a best friend who stays with her through her difficult years. And then I finished the second episode just now. So I come here to get the preview since they always share the preview separately. But no one shared it here yet. It takes another week to see the next episodes. Is it possible for D+ to drop whole episodes like NF does, it would be good so I dont have to wait for long. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Alice Wonderland I am guessing you'll be hanging on to this? :hug:

Some recaps: 

First eps wasn't bad @Tofu.

It does start off quite depressing especially when you find out that Woo Joo's father cheated on the mother with her BFF. He also ran off with that woman ( who later became his wife) and took money /jewellery with him. 15 years on he dies and Woo Joo finds out at his funeral that he has transferred the deed of WooJoo's house to this woman. And yes this woman is our male lead, Dong Jin's mother. The woman sells off the house much to WooJoo's horror. Woo Joo and her siblings who have been living there were forced to move. Woo Joo later finds out that she has given the $$ to help her son who had some cashflow problems with his business.  So WJ finds a way to work part time at his company and thus begins her revenge mode. The ending of eps 1 was interesting with him realising she was tailing him.

Woo Joo is the 2nd of 3 siblings. She's the "crazy one" - the one who wouldn't let any of her siblings get bullied. Prior to joining Dong Jin's company, she worked at the pharmacy that belongs to her bestie, Yoon Joon ( Sung Joon's character) . The older sister works at a bank and was about to get married only to find out the man had been in another relationship with someone else for a decade. Younger brother is studying for his civil service exams. YJ is close with all 3 and is a pillar of support for the siblings especially the sisters. 

Dong Jin on the hand is busy trying to keep his company afloat. He runs an events  business and his former employer makes it hard for him and his partner to get contracts. It doesn't help that partner barely does anything. DJ desperate to keep his company, accepts the money his mother gives him. He wanted to know where she got it from but she said she didn't steal it. DJ doesn't have a particularly strong relationship with mum. Don't think he likes what his mum has been doing much. They actually met for the first time in 5 years at WJ's father's funeral . ( WJ and him didn't cross path then). Anyhow with the money he got from her , he managed to save his business. 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1