Call It Love 사랑이라 말해요 (2023)

abs-oluteM

23 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

you know how much I like a quiet (and especially tortured soul) character. 

I knew you for so long , but I didn't know this :facts: :laugh: I always thought you like loud & showy characters more, I didn't know why I think so too though... Sorry for misunderstood you 😂 

34 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

This show has unexpectedly become my favorite right now. Like @SilverMoonTea says it has this comforting  vibe.

Yeah I also think this show might have potential to be the great one and could be one of unexpected gem like Lost. It's so comforting when she said to DJ, you won't go down, when he felt like his world had been crashed. 

I always think KYK is decent actor. But I think LSK impressed me more here, she's very spot on to play WJ's character which snappy and seems to be a little depressed, but you can't hate her, because deep down she's always quite right. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@SilverMoonTea I love LSK taking this on too. But I am also quite bias to her - just like how I watch all my oppas' dramas  I also watch all her shows since It's Okay That's Love :laugh:. First time she's playing such a serious heavy character ( though her character in Dr Rom S2 was heavy too but I didn't like the character much) and here I think she gets to show more range than her other roles. 

This has subs. Very eye opening. DJ has been looking for the daughter to apologise for his mother. YJ's mum wants him to go on blind date - he says that he's already dating someone and HaeSung's name came out :hug:. Then DJ's bestie asked when DJ fell for WJ...WJ has also fallen for DJ....

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

12 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I didn't know why I think so too though... Sorry for misunderstood you

It's because you didn't watch Love Like the Galaxy with us. @mademoiselle talked about it a lot there because the ML was like that. Hahaha! 

Wow, understanding the dialogues in the preview makes a difference. It seems like many things will be realized in next week's episodes. 

Did DJ return his mom's money? There was talks about him returning it to her. 

---------

Lee Sung Kyung has improved a lot too. I just had a look at her drama list and I've seen nearly all her dramas ever since About Time! Haha! I hope she reunite with Lee Sang Yoon again. I liked them together. 

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 3
17 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I knew you for so long , but I didn't know this :facts: :laugh: I always thought you like loud & showy characters more, I didn't know why I think so too though... Sorry for misunderstood you 😂

Yeah that's a biggg misunderstanding! There were definitely signs! For example, when did I fall for Rowoon? When he played Haru and Haru doesn't even speak at first! Hahahahaha! Lee Min Ho in Faith was like that and that's how I realise I have a thing for quiet / stoic characters.

4 hours ago, Tofu said:

Did DJ return his mom's money? There was talks about him returning it to her. 

I kept forgetting to ask everyone about this! When Woo Joo's father died, the drama showed us the mother lend the money to Dong Jin but the next episode, she came to the office and asked for the money back. That's the part I am most confused because is that a flashback or a continuation of her lending money to him at the funeral...?

---

Lee Sung Kyung can be a hit or miss for me but I do like her in Sh**ting Star. Not so much in Dr Romantic or Doctors and Weightlifting Fairy (sorry, I know most of you liked her there). About Time, I never got past episode 1 even though Rowoon played her brother.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2
On 3/10/2023 at 7:12 PM, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle hmm did DJ return $$ to his mum?  I don’t remember him doing so though. When she came to see him , I thought it was just to tell him about her new beau ?  

Not that scene. She went to their office twice. The first time, Woo Joo hasn't worked there yet.

On 3/10/2023 at 7:29 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

This is totally true. When he started to spoke, I drop the drama :laugh: I didn't know you fell from Rowoon since then.

Hahahahahaha you're so mean! But why didn't you stay for Baekyung? I "remember" Rowoon from Where Stars Land (though the first drama I first watch of him was School 2017 - but I forgot about him and didn't like his gold hair). In Where Stars Land, his acting wasn't great but he left enough impression. However, when he appeared in episode 2 of EY, I think I was bewitched. He was like the male lead walking out of the comic books I've read since young; it was befitting to the EY theme.

Both my friend and I had a bit of hard time adjusting to his voice after Haru spoke. But by that time, I was already bewitched so Haru all the way! When you're in love, you go through that stage where you "learn" about your oppa and I had to adjust to him more and more as I get to know him as the idol in SF9. Yeahhh after that I just got used to him/his voice, and I think the love is still there because (1) he's so beauuuutiful (2) his acting is getting better - and this is very important as an actor (and for me coz I not only want my Oppa to be beautiful, I want to see them improve/grow in their acting career).

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

This is a drama you have to watch on normal speed. I just love the tone. Very contemplative. I like some of the camera shot as well. It plays the part in telling the story, so I appreciate it. But I agree with some of you that the way flashback is played out is kinda confusing. 

Love the pairing, but tbh, I cannot help but kept being reminded of the female lead in Secret Life of My Secretary while watching @abs-oluteM similar height/build, similar hair styling :laugh: Anyway, loooooove seeing KYK's tall stature. :wow:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

On 3/11/2023 at 7:07 AM, ktcjdrama said:

I like some of the camera shot as well. It plays the part in telling the story, so I appreciate it.

This drama uses lines, lights, and shadows really well. Still one of my favorite shots was in the scene when he was returning the strawberries and when he was in the stairway after the ex-girlfriend showed up. It uses the environment/things around him to create this visual like he's trapped in a tunnel. 

CIL001.png
CIL002.png

• Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

Episode 7 was so darn good. This drama like @ktcjdrama said must be savoured and cannot be watched on FF. In fact I find myself so invested that I keep pausing to tweet out moments I like so that I don't forget.

The crucial thing for eps 7 is WJ's realisation of her own feelings. She is already made more conflicted because she finds out that DJ had always wanted to apologise to her ,and return the house to them (though he doesn't know she is the person he's been looking for) . Anyone can see that what she is doing is not for revenge anymore. Like why would she go up to his ex and ask her to move. Hahah that scene turned out to be gold because she ended up spending the night at the ex's place. Perhaps many episodes down the road these two girls will become friends but for now WJ's actions showed that she is bothered. What made it even sweeter was that DJ found out what she did the next day.  

WJ: I didn't run into her by chance. I was waiting for her.

She's a crazy nut ...but DJ is in love with this nut :D

That little bit of happiness on his face. He was pleased. 

Spoiler

FrRg99PaMAAxkXq?format=jpg&name=large

And Jun who knows her so well , can already tell that this is headed for dangerous territories. That's why he confronted her. Then she started to tell him that she just cares a lil bit more for him, and that she wishes to see him less lonely...and she comes to that realisation that what she feels for him is possibly affection. LSK did amazing in that moment.

It isn't one sided ...DJ's partner can already see straight up that DJ likes WJ. The fact that DJ lets the little bro stays with him etc shows how concerned he is over WJ and her affairs. 

---------------

A spoiler for eps 8 :duckhearts:

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

I don't know what I'm feeling, can you all tell me what am I exactly feeling?

It's more important than my sleep. It feels even longer to wait the next wed comes. What exactly I'm feeling actually? When I'm just like each episode more and more. 😄 

Ok, I won't beat around the bush again now. 

I like the revelations for eveyone here. What was exactly happens in their past and their respective back stories. I just feel that every lines and plot that the writer planned develops better and better each episodes. I agreed that this melo turns out to be a pleasant slice of life drama. It feels even better when you don't expect something to be really good but it suprises you with this exciting feeling you get when a new week comes along with new episodes. 

I cant really pick which scenes that comes really memorable for this episodes, most of them are just relieving to watch. But I think I could pick the scenes where DJ watches WJ leaving and waiting the elevator. No words there just his deep gazes with a thousand meaning, haha. And she doesn't even flinch to look back and really leaves him puzzled. They don't have a single line here. So if they don't do it right, the scenes would fall flat and meaningless. It was really deep! The feels... he falls for her definitely. That was my thought.

I would like to gush over more but thinking it may spoils you all who havent watched. So I'm gonna stop right here. And it's very late for me here, even I said my sleep isn't that important, my body cant hold it any longer. It asks me to sleep.😄

What exactly am I feeling? Whenever the episode ends, I'm so excited to wait the preview releases next day. Okay, really kkeut now. 😄

• Haha 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

I'm pleasantly surprised by what the drama is showing us. When I think I know what's going to happen, the drama does the opposite. The scene with the older sister and her love interest -- I thought he was going to say something shallow about her, but he captured who she is so well. 

The way WJ realized her feelings -- I don't think I could ask for a better scene. It was revealed in the most WJ-way.  She was just spitting out whatever she was thinking and suddenly she had this "oh, shit" moment. I liked that she didn't try to deny it either. As for DJ, his realization, again, done in the most DJ-way. When he said "yeah", there was so much intensity and at the same time a huge sigh of relief. He was finally accepting the emotions he's been trying to suppress. 

7 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I'm so excited to wait the preview releases next day.

I am actually annoyed that we have to wait a day to see the preview. :GengarPout::laugh:

4 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

it would all shattered once the truth revealed.

I am hoping JG will see it the way WJ does. DJ has done so much for him and it's my hope that he will think of DJ as that person and not the son of his dad's mistress. 

Kim Young Kwang is so cute here! :wow:

CIL-14.gif

@abs-oluteM Those long and intense gazes from Kim Young Kwang reminds me of Jing Boran in Road Home. He does the exact same thing, which is why I often find myself comparing the two. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

I probably need to start setting a reminder/alarm to watch this on Wednesday evenings, so I can join the discussion here asap. I was catching up on Blooming (Mon-Tue) last night instead of watching this one. And now my schedule is rather packed today, that the earliest I can watch is tomorrow morning, maybe? :cry:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

@ktcjdrama The ending of episode 8 was a bit of a cliffhanger. If you watch it later, you won't have to wait as long for new episodes. 

I can't wait to see more cute moments like this from the both of them. :heart:

CIL-18-T.gif

Hopefully, Dr. Romantic 3 wait until this drama is done airing before they air. Otherwise, it doesn't matter how much I like Seo Woo Jin, I won't be able to see Lee Sung Kyung with anyone but Kim Young Kwang. :laugh:

• Awesome 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I probably need to start setting a reminder/alarm to watch this on Wednesday evenings, so I can join the discussion here asap. I was catching up on Blooming (Mon-Tue) last night instead of watching this one. And now my schedule is rather packed today, that the earliest I can watch is tomorrow morning, maybe? :cry:

I'm starting to feel lazy to continue OBY, ep 9 to 10 get ffd from me.

Spoiler

So is there a good progress in ep 11-12? It's been very long long time the smartest investigator team to realize that they're being tailed. Especially it takes very long for them to really realize who are their enemies.

So now I like CIL the most from all of my watching list. What is this feeling huh? What exactly am I feeling? 😄

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Haha 5

@Tofu I like all those moments, their realization for both are just doing right and proper. And this kdrama felt like jdrama too. I mean their lines are not beating around the bush and they use the implicit words but it came out so explicitly understandable. And agreed when both comes to realize their feelings they don't denied it. Quickly acknowledge it and act on it on their own way. This is something that we can't get so often in kdramas. 

I also thought that HS's boyfriend will act as another jerk but nope he accepts her because of what she is. But I think later on HS will face more moments where their age gap could lead into another mismatch for their relationship. And that moment could be the chance for Jun? Haha, I got a feeling these two will attract to each other later on. Cuz HS doesn't need to try hard whenever she's with him. She can be all herself with him and he understands her too. 

I feel bad for the ex once we knew her real reason. But it's still her fault not to voice out her mind to him. That is her big mistake. And here WJ is the opposite of her. She tells everything in her mind so DJ can understand her well. That is why I think he will act actively to defend WJ once the mom comes to mess up later. He would do the same for the ex too if she could tell him what was her problem back then. But now it's over for the two, it's pointless for her to tell everything after making him hurt for long. 

And since they lean on more to the slice of life plots, they just reach the 8th episode, we still have 8 more to come, there would be a lot of time for more developments they could give. Before all those angtsy parts hit, I wanna see more happier moments for WJ and DJ here. 

14 minutes ago, Tofu said:

According to WJ, you just want DJ to feel a little less lonely. That's why you continue to watch this drama instead. :lmao2:

You know the drama shouldn't become too likeable, it wouldn't be a problem if the drama wasn't good. Aah, *the moment of realization hits me* 😂

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
5 hours ago, Tofu said:

abs-oluteM Those long and intense gazes from Kim Young Kwang reminds me of Jing Boran in Road Home. He does the exact same thing, which is why I often find myself comparing the two. 

I hope to find some time to check out Road Home.

KYK is doing so good here. Possibly my fave role of his.  I need to find a nice gif of him to make into a badge. Maybe we can use the one you made - where he's smiling a little ...the one on the bottom left? 

Spoiler

CIL-18-T.gif

I think LSK was superb too in that scene where she realised her feelings. I think the writer is fantastic at writing her characters - there's consistency but at the same time there are moments that will surprise you. 

3 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I also thought that HS's boyfriend will act as another jerk but nope he accepts her because of what she is. But I think later on HS will face more moments where their age gap could lead into another mismatch for their relationship. And that moment could be the chance for Jun? Haha, I got a feeling these two will attract to each other later on. Cuz HS doesn't need to try hard whenever she's with him. She can be all herself with him and he understands her too. 

This was such an unexpected scene ...and I find myself impressed with this young chap. But the main issue like you said won't be him but HS. She's not herself when she is with him unlike when she is with Jun. 

@ktcjdrama I have not watched eps 8 yet too. Will take me some time

• Like 4