Call It Love 사랑이라 말해요 (2023)

abs-oluteM

Their romance is so slow burn, it suits @SilverMoonTea. xD And @Alice Wonderland are you perhaps the same like Tea who likes slow burn romance?

I feel their tension/emotion is building up, and I'm waiting for that moment when it explodes. Like you guys, my fave moment is that scene where a slightly teary Dong Jin goes, "Oh..." admitting he was swayed by Woo Joo (+ the flashbacks help).

I thought it was cute and funny how Dong Jin is living with Ji Gu now. I kinda like that Ji Gu invaded Dong Jin's apartment in a good way because he keeps Dong Jin company and feel less lonely. The two siblings are indirectly mending this lonely heart/soul. Kim Young Kwang portrayed Dong Jin really well in the sense that I see him slumping and dragging his feet when he walks. Let's see by the end of the drama he would walk differently and become livelier. I do love the rare moment of him smiling, wearing more expression when he's with Woo Joo or Ji Gu.

As for the ex, it's still a puzzle whether she truly cheats on him. However, the flashback showed they have issues and both did not sort that out due to their personality. Dong Jin keeps his thoughts to himself—it was wrong of him to postpone the meeting with his mother without giving her some context or why. It led her to misunderstand he wasn't being sincere with her. On the contrary, it's also wrong for her to dig into his mobile phone and call his mother without his consent. I admire his good temper and I admire her courage in approaching her partner's parents. Meeting the parents should never be done alone! :psweatduck:

This show is so good with the cliffhanger. Once again I'm like, "Noooo... don't end there."

I wonder what would CEO Shin do now. I hope he takes his defeat gracefully, otherwise if Show wants to go for the makjang style, then ok, please stab Dong Jin. :laugh: I already love KYK as a tortured soul, I would not mind to love him even more as an injured soul who needs nursing. Kekeke. It's cliché but if done well, it's 100% enjoyable.

Honestly not sure where Hae Sung and young boyfriend's loveline is taking them because I'm fully expecting she and Jun to be a couple. I suppose they will soon break up when he finds out she is Ji Gu's sister. Also, I reckon they will just break it off naturally too because Hae Sung is trying to accommodate him/his likes and dislikes and forgetting about being herself. And with Jun, she can be herself. That said, what is that prescription medicine her colleague was talking about? Is that foreshadowing something?

Forgot to mention last week—I always thought the siblings have lost their mother but turns out she is alive but sick. However, what kind of sickness did she have that she's not staying with them. Is she staying in a hospital or hospice or village...? Why are the siblings not visit her?

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

This drama is great as its emphasizing the raw feeling & emotion of each characters. The moment when WJ screaming at Jun and trying to play down her feeling for DJ is amazing. I think SJ played well as Jun too. 

The tone of this drama is so comforting for me. At time its quiet and have great BGM. I do enjoyed their simple interaction like when they go eating together and drink coffee slowly. Or he just quietly carrying box for her, or she quietly sewing his button. 

@mademoisellethanks for the post above, also share almost same question & sentiment with you... 

Yes @Alice Wonderlandalso love slowburn type, same as me... 

Calling @LaLa

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

10 hours ago, Tofu said:

The ending of episode 8 was a bit of a cliffhanger. If you watch it later, you won't have to wait as long for new episodes. 

But then I cannot read the posts here until I watched. I don't want to be spoiled, so I haven't really read you guys' posts... No, I will watch it asap, and be on cliffhanger with you guys :smile:

• Haha 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

5 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

But then I cannot read the posts here until I watched. I don't want to be spoiled, so I haven't really read you guys' posts... No, I will watch it asap, and be on cliffhanger with you guys :smile:

Is it day or night there? Work hours or free time? Just take some hour during your break or wjen you don't have much deadlines, haha. 

@mademoiselle yes, it is. They're slow but not frustrating. It flows with the right rythim. Like @SilverMoonTea said I like their interactions here, simple less long talks, implicits but so explicit and their acting are just great. 

Oh the preview, WJ becomes DJ white knight in shining armor. That CEO is getting his karma. I wonder people like him or DJ's mom would ever get to repent? I am waiting th

e day that mom getting dumped and betrayed by her boyfriend. Cause she always taking advantage from others it will be her turn now. 

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Forgot to mention last week—I always thought the siblings have lost their mother but turns out she is alive but sick.

Lol, me too. I thought she died as well. It was ever mentioned in the prev episodes that their mom is ill and lived in Tongyeong. A small coty I think. And not much information shared cuz no one really talk about her. WJ ever said  to Jun she doesnt want to be quite without doing anything and end up like her mom, getting cancer. But we have 8 more episodes, there's plenty of hours for her to show up later. 

Oh the preview, WJ becomes DJ white knight in shining armor. That CEO is getting his karma. I wonder people like him or DJ's mom would ever get to repent? I am waiting the day that she'll be dumped and betrayed by her boyfriend. Cause she always taking advantage from others, it will be her turn now.

Hoho, HS finally agrees to Jun's request, meeting his parents. She looks pretty in that yellow dress.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

@Alice Wonderland Preview with subs

I just finished eps 8....how can I wait another week????

That admission by DJ at the end was done very subtly but yet it meant so much. :hearties:

Okay ...as sweet as that young kid was , I have decided that these 2 should at the very least  be the end game and have a happy ending. (cuz I am abit worried that the main pair may have one of those open ending)  I just love their interactions - honest & unfiltered 

FrWnaokaAAI9LBj?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

I have more to say about Kang Min Young. While DJ was partially to blame for their relationship going south, it did not sit well with me that she went through his phone to meet his mother. And when she realised what sort of person the mother is, that freaked her out and she decided to break up with him in the most painful way possible. Yes, I agree that DJ is terrible at expressing his feelings and is not very communicative. But if it had bothered her so much, she should have said it then. It doesn't even matter if she never cheated on him. The issue had always been that his background bothered her. Actually that is probably why DJ never could let her meet his mother ( and he was hesitant in meeting hers as well) . 

DJ actually is ashamed of & despises his own mother too. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Dunno if it's addressed or not yet in ep.8, but I want to know the story behind that worn out backpack that DJ always carry with him. 

I don't even notice it is worm out. If that has a back story, I think it would be a gift from his late dad or someone like camping ahjussi. That uncle was one of his mom husbands right? He seems very close to him. And he cares at him a lot too. 

• Like 5
12 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Dunno if it's addressed or not yet in ep.8, but I want to know the story behind that worn out backpack that DJ always carry with him. 

Maybe he will get rid of the backpack and it will be like the weight he has been carrying is finally off his shoulder. Has the drama shown what's inside the backpack?

@abs-oluteM @mademoiselle I agreed that I want the sister and Jun to end up together because of how candid and comfortable they are with each other. I also agreed that she's accommodating him too much, which is already something Jun has pointed out or commented on. She does this frequently in all her relationships. 

For the ex-girlfriend...is there ever a time where she wasn't drinking? I swear all her scenes involves her drinking in some way or another. They were together, but they did not communicate. They were never honest with their feelings, how they felt about the relationship, and what in the relationship they were struggling with or scared them. 

I hope DJ does not push her away now that he's admitted he likes her. She's done so much for him. 

CIL-22.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

I just finished eps 9...damn that was a good episode...super angsty all the way but a fantastic build up to this. I didn't expect it all...no complains. I know things will be complicated later but for now I am happy that this ship can take off .

Spoiler

Fr1es2iakAEEyS7?format=jpg&name=large

I said it before but I have to say it again. The leads are just fantastic with all their subtle expressions. That bit where he was trying to confront her to check why she was giving him a cold shoulder is a great example. They were awkward at first , trying not to look at each other. Then later you can see DJ expressing his frustrations. WJ was almost crying - trying to hold back. He walked away disappointed. 

I am also very happy to see noona - Jun progress. These two's development are different from the main leads but there's also something very organic about it. When she rejected Suho's call, I know without doubt that noona is starting to have feelings for Jun. Does it seem like Jun may have feelings too? 

• Like 4

:nervous: I feel like I'm watching a modern day, more muted Romeo and Juliet story... How will these two overcome the fact that their mothers are enemies? Wonder how DJ will react when he finds out the truth, especially that WJ has known their true connection since the very beginning. 

Teared up quite a bit in ep.10. One of them is when HS finally opened up to her boyfriend about her true state of mind since the incident at the bank. It's so sad to see that it actually affected her a lot, yet she tried to hide it from everyone. Probably only Jun who knows about it? since he probably is the one prescribing the medicine for her? It's also sad to see her hurt by how her boyfriend took the news. Although he seems understanding about it, he just nonchalantly shared it with his buddies. It's generational gap lah... different values set. I just feel so sad for her.

The other part is towards the end when WJ is realising once again how impossible it is to be with DJ. She clearly knows what her feelings for him.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

Sigh, just done the episodes, gosh. Why it has to be continued?? I want next episodes asap! 

There are a lot of progress happened and the story starts to untangle the tangled threads. I laughed and cried with them. Feeling so bubbly happy with DJ that he finally escaped his past burden and feeling pretty sad with HS and WJ too. How it will be solved. I'm so curious. They can wrap things up between Shin CEO and put an an to his crazy revenge wisely. Do you think which thread will be untangled next? 

Oh, also I think two or three ships are sailing in their own journey here. And I like it if they don't collide each other. 

Waiting for tomorrow's preview. 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

First of all, I am very sorry to @abs-oluteM who I spammed this morning with comments about Call It Love when I was watching it. Both episodes were wonderful and it was so special to see DJ's growth. I did not think we would be able to see these emotions from him this early. 

CIL-29.gif

12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I remember the episodes are released today!

My routine on Wednesdays has been to hurry up and watch both episodes before I have to join my department meeting. I'm so glad our meetings are virtual otherwise I would not make it into the office. :laugh:

6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Does it seem like Jun may have feelings too? 

I can't really tell if Jun looks her or if he likes WJ instead. He could, also, see both of them like family given how horrible his is. When you get to episode 10, I really liked the scene where HS ran into his arms crying. 

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

How will these two overcome the fact that their mothers are enemies? Wonder how DJ will react when he finds out the truth, especially that WJ has known their true connection since the very beginning. 

Agreed. I feel like we are in store for even more angst once both moms find out about their relationship. That ending scene in episode 10 was so full of so much anguish. 

@Alice Wonderland I dislike how we have to wait until the next day to see the preview. :cry:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
20 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

One of them is when HS finally opened up to her boyfriend about her true state of mind since the incident at the bank. It's so sad to see that it actually affected her a lot, yet she tried to hide it from everyone. Probably only Jun who knows about it? since he probably is the one prescribing the medicine for her? It's also sad to see her hurt by how her boyfriend took the news. Although he seems understanding about it, he just nonchalantly shared it with his buddies. It's generational gap lah... different values set. I just feel so sad for her.

That gap has been clear to see since the start. He's a sweet kid but still a kid in a sense - as in their stations in life are different.

Ironically, Jun is also younger than her but he's way more matured and has sufficient life experience. I really like that he gets her - I think he understands this entire family and he treats them like his own siblings. I love the organic progress between HS and Jun. Their conversations are candid and honest. I am rooting for them romantically. :D My favourite bit was this flashback when he told her she should just be herself - not worry about her looks etc.

Spoiler

Fr4QhVoaQAIlTZq?format=jpg&name=large

13 hours ago, Tofu said:

First of all, I am very sorry to @abs-oluteM who I spammed this morning with comments about Call It Love when I was watching it. Both episodes were wonderful and it was so special to see DJ's growth. I did not think we would be able to see these emotions from him this early. 

Hahahah not to worry. I love spoilers and it just makes me excited for the episode. DJ smiling and not walking around with a slump shoulder , DJ getting angry at his ex boss for hitting WJ....so many emotions that I never expected to see. 

Did you all notice that the filter for DJ - WJ scenes are less dreary now? There's a sweeter or is warmer tone to it? 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Did you all notice that the filter for DJ - WJ scenes are less dreary now? There's a sweeter or is warmer tone to it? 

Yes, I have! I don't have to try to change the colors that much when I make gifs now. :laugh:

• Haha 3