Call It Love 사랑이라 말해요 (2023)

abs-oluteM

Episode 14 becomes a bit slow and melancholic. We have a time jump too - from 2019 to 2022 although we aren't told which month and exactly how many years they have been apart since that day. It was sad that Dong Jin released Woo Joo and walked away after she said they cannot see one another again.

Dong Jin seems to pull himself together to get the company out of the debt and the moment it is over it all got a bit too much for him mentally. He hasn't had a good rest since which I can only assume he was working hard to pay off debt for the company and find ways to get the house back to Woo Joo.

Gosh this is a bit makjang because of the position they are at, but can it be possible for the family to accept Dong Jin? I really wish for happiness for them both.

We have 2 more episodes left, isn't it?

• Clapping Hands 2
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I love the bit Yoon Joon said about he pitied Woo Joo since they were 17, that she finally found someone she loved and it turned out to be someone she shouldn't fall for.

34 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

The part where HS slapped her and she just stood there with tears streaming down... :cry: I

I am at this part...poor WJ. My heart hurts for her. She deserves happiness too and DJ is such a great guy. It is unfair that their fates are twisted in such a way. Anyhow , Jun is a very good friend. I am glad he gave her space to sort her own problems. 

3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

We have 2 more episodes left, isn't it?

Yes. 

I had a feeling we will get a time jump cause I remember in the first 2 episodes , there was a calendar that showed it was 2019. But it pains me that they have been apart for this long :nervous:

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

There is no time jump... The poster of 2019 I believe was showing that was the last time they had an exhibition. Now they're finally going to have an exhibition in 2022. Woo Joo's father wrote his will on 2021/10/5 before passing away in 2022/03.

Ah. So actually last exhibition should be 2020 because they took down 2019 and beside it was 2020. Their timeline should be 2022 then and Dong Jin just finished the exhibition, maybe like 2 weeks later or something if time jump. It makes more sense that way.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

@ktcjdrama @mademoiselle ahhhh makes sense now. I was confused as heck :laugh:after last night.

Ep 13 and 14 were good. It was painful but I like how things are somehow turning out. I am glad that camping ahjussi had the will but he really should have done something earlier about it. Anyhow, at least DJ has the will now and can pass it to WJ. But from the preview , he will leave the company because he is gonna cash out and help repay the buyer of the house . Okay, so WJ and family will get back the house, and WJ will always have her family. But what about our DJ? His mum is just awful - she brushed him off when he told her how happy his childhood has been.  Come on drama , you have got to give this man a happy ending

With subs

There were a couple of scenes that I thought the leads did so well.  This bit when they parted at the end of 13 and at the start of 14. This was just some awesome acting & directing. WJ just almost touching her cheek but had to restrain himself - the sadness, regret, longing and love. I felt so crushed on their behalf

Spoiler

Fs9wXQ6aMAEbAV3?format=jpg&name=large

And the ending of eps 14 ....no words but plenty of emotions here. I believe DJ heard what WJ told her mum. I so badly want them to hug :nervous:

Spoiler

Fs-CzSbagAE3zGH?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

And these two....one minute I thought no chance ...then next minute my hopes go up...then I don't know again :zzzz:

Spoiler

Also I remember this particular picture early on when they were doing promos for the drama. 
Perhaps there could be a time jump. They seem to wearing warmer clothes 

Spoiler

Fs-MB9AaEAAd1pJ?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

This bit when they parted at the end of 13 and at the start of 14. This was just some awesome acting & directing.

Yes! I love this part too. When DJ was hugging WJ, their expressions were just so real, so raw. I cried. The being comforted tears for end of 13. Then at start of 14, when WJ said "now we really cannot see each other anymore" I cried again, sad tears this time. Like she wants to continue seeing him, but now not able to anymore, because the family has found out who DJ is.

And the ending of eps 14 ....no words but plenty of emotions here. I believe DJ heard what WJ told her mum. I so badly want them to hug

Love this part also. Yes, a scene with no words, but lots of emotions. 

Okay, so WJ and family will get back the house, and WJ will always have her family. But what about our DJ?

Can we think of ep.15 as resolving WJ's problems, then ep.16 resolving DJ's problems? So a happy ending. Please writer-nim? I don't always need a happy ending, but I badly want to see a happy ending here. I do feel we might get one tho'.... :heart:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

Dong Jin deserves some happiness. I'm banking on happiness in the finale. There is probably not going to be a 100% happiness because of Dong Jin's mother. I just hope he at least get forgiveness and is accepted by Woo Joo's family in the end, no matter how long it takes. It's not fair he has to pay for his mother's misdeed. You know how sometimes parents get mad (or in the dramas), they would scold the kids and say hurtful things like, "you are the debt collector here to collect the debt I owed in my past life" so and so? Sometimes I think it's actually the other way around. I think this is pretty much Dong Jin and his mother. She takes everything for granted and Dong Jin, out of duty as a son and a person that wishes a motherly love, could not entirely break it off with her. It is sad.

• Clapping Hands 2

@ktcjdrama @mademoiselle I think that a good ending is not impossible - one where our leads reunite. I know in this part of the world, relationships ( especially marriages) are not just between two people but often it feels like between 2 families. Hence, I understand that it could be insensitive to WJ's family if they get back together. But the camping ahjussi did clearly say that DJ is his own person. He isn't his mother, and is not responsible for her misdeeds. I hope the drama will head towards that direction in sending its message. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

57 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@ktcjdrama @mademoiselle I think that a good ending is not impossible - one where our leads reunite. I know in this part of the world, relationships ( especially marriages) are not just between two people but often it feels like between 2 families. Hence, I understand that it could be insensitive to WJ's family if they get back together. But the camping ahjussi did clearly say that DJ is his own person. He isn't his mother, and is not responsible for her misdeeds. I hope the drama will head towards that direction in sending its message. 

It is a drama so I want my happiness for Dong Jin. Lol. They maybe don't need to be together in the finale but they can hint that they are heading that way. Time will heal.

• Heart Eyes 2

Except for the rosy filter, I like how real the drama is made and how the characters are presented. It feels real. SWJ from the beginning was mostly using the same black sling bag, not showcasing various bags/outfit. And HDJ carrying the same ragged backpack (but they never explain the backpack!! or did I miss it?)

The little brother, although seem to be in rather insignificant role, he was the cupid for both sisters! 

I thought their mother is very elegant in the way she handled the husband's affair and DJ's mother. Seemingly strong and stern yet not unaffected. 

I cannot help but wonder, whether Jun's house is real, or a set build for the drama. Love the design. It surely left an impression on me like Twilight's Edward's house in the forest. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

In the last two episodes, every time when Woo Joo and Dong Jin meet, I wish they would touch and hug each other. It just feel like they needed to, which they did before the one year time jump.

The pacing was significantly slower in the last two episodes. When Hae Song bawled upon reading the will, it really squeezed my heart, not just Jun's. I'm glad he realised in the end he likes her too and good that the drama didn't introduce a square lovelines for the OTP. One ex-girlfriend and a horrible mother are bad enough.

I'm so glad Woo Joo's mother is a reasonable person. The bit where she pointed out that Dong Jin grew up on his own was poignant, even though it didn't invoke tears.

I can take the ending bit as they got back together right? Because to be honest, the ending bit seems more like after PD says cut, Lee Sung Kyung and Kim Young Kwang start their bickering/teasing. That was not Woo Joo and Dong Jin to me.

• Heart Eyes 2
5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I can take the ending bit as they got back together right? Because to be honest, the ending bit seems more like after PD says cut, Lee Sung Kyung and Kim Young Kwang start their bickering/teasing. That was not Woo Joo and Dong Jin to me

From their smiles, I am certain they will get back together. What HS told WJ was pretty indicative that mum had already given her blessings for DJ to be with WJ.  That is after all the final barrier that WJ felt she could not overcome.  I would have loved more scenes of them reunited rather than apart but I get that they both needed time to heal. I was glad that DJ was smiling so much more doing the things he loves, and WJ has a career path of sorts.  So now they both can start afresh. 

Jun-HS getting married was a lovely touch. Right up to last week, I wasn't so sure if this ship had any chance of sailing - so their sweet scenes were a bonus.  And I too am very glad that there was no love triangle or quadrangle. It made me happy to be able to root for both pairs. Anyway thank you to their lil bro JiGu who had a hand in setting things up for both his sisters.

@ktcjdrama  While right to the end, DJ's mum was still not sorry for the pain she caused, WJ's mother was truly a class act handling all things with much grace. Her asking DJ to come over for a meal meant so much to him than she would ever be imagine. For a young man who had not received the sort of motherly love he had needed, the few brief encounters he had with her must have moved him. I  love that he treats the camping ahjussi as his father (even listing the old man as such in his phone). Life would have been a lot worse for DJ without him.

So this is the end. I like how this show was done - it isn't easy getting the right pace for melancholy dramas like that. There's a tendency for things to be draggy but I think the show managed to pace it decently. I love that we have very flawed and insecure characters; yet you see significant growth in them and their relationships every single episode. 

I have been fangirling so hard over this show that I kept saying how I think LSK and KYK both brought their A-game as WJ and DJ. KYK said he won't mind reuniting with her again but hopefully rom-com so they can show off their chemie and real life closeness. :hearties:

I know LSK and KYK have upcoming projects though I know it will take me awhile to move on from this pairing. I do hope to see Sung Joon in a good one too. SJ is one of those actors that I have always crushed on since Can We Get Married ( incidentally good friend KYK was the 2nd lead there but with a different love line). I still remember my SLS in Discovery of Romance. :D 

• Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

I finally finished this yesterday. I thoroughly enjoyed this drama from beginning to end. This drama is truly one of the best I've seen recently (even though I thought some of the angst was overdone towards the end). 

Han Dong Jin was made for Kim Young Kwang as well as Sim Woo Joo for Lee Sung Kyung. The cast was perfect for this drama. The little brother playing matchmaker to both couple was sweet and funny at the same time. :laugh:

Sorry Ahn Hyo Seop, I don't know if I can picture Lee Sung Kyung with you in Dr. Romantic 3. :niu:

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 4/18/2023 at 3:48 AM, Tofu said:

Sorry Ahn Hyo Seop, I don't know if I can picture Lee Sung Kyung with you in Dr. Romantic 3

The romance there is the least fave thing for me. That's why it will make it harder for me to move on from this. :hug:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2