Call It Love 사랑이라 말해요 (2023)

abs-oluteM

@Tofu haha, I'm givong you quiz to this? err... 16 episodes?? LOL. Well the first two episodes arent too bad, I like there is a progress in each episode. Hopefully this could be a good melo one. 

@abs-oluteM hopefully. They tried so hard to make it so depressing. But I like the three siblings and WJ's best friend. Do u think keun unni will fall with WJ's bestie? Haha, she sees him in a different light that morning. We could see how she wavers over his kind gestures at her. Hopefully he won't fall for WJ too. Or this drama could be really more depressing later on. 😄

Okay, for the serious note, I really like how WJ confronts DJ tries to tell him why she did all the stalkings. And I'm glad that he finally find the real culprit in the company. These are two things that I like from this week premieres. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

wonstein-cll-it-love.jpg

"Secret Garden" OST No. 1 for the Disney+ original series, 'Call It Love', this beautiful rendition by Wonstein raspy singing voice takes listeners on a journey of coming to terms with one’s feelings.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

21 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Do u think keun unni will fall with WJ's bestie? Haha, she sees him in a different light that morning. We could see how she wavers over his kind gestures at her. Hopefully he won't fall for WJ too. Or this drama could be really more depressing later on. 😄

Oh most definitely. I already like the idea of noona and bestie together. But I think YJ has always liked WJ, so that might get messy. So hopefully it isn't a full blown love triangle and quadrangle. 

-------------------------

By the end of episode 2 , I already find myself quite invested. There's no doubt that WJ is not the vindictive sort. If she was she would not have waited 15 years. In fact, from what we know she's always been protective of those she love and her decision for "revenge"  wasn't planned. She was triggered thinking DJ was having a good life while she and her siblings lost their home. But in time to come she will realise that she had made a lot of wrong assumptions about DJ and that her revenge is misdirected.

DJ on the other hand has had a most unfortunate life. He already had such an awful mum. Not to mention a useless business partner , an ex whom I assumed cheated on him and in now a long time trusted staff who betrayed him. When the latter charged at him at the end of the episode, DJ wasn't even going to avoid the punch. I am wondering if DJ's luck with people is because he just allows them to take advantage of his kindness. But I liked how WJ reacted and shoved that staff off. And that I think signals where this drama is headed. Instead of getting revenge, she'll end up protecting him and helping him because that is just really the sort of person she is. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I finally had time to watch this and I very much ended episode two thinking, "why is this drama so good?" Honestly, I don't remember the last time I actively watched a melo -- was the last time Reflection? :thinking:

The editing and transitions seems deliberate at times, which I like. I really enjoyed the scene where DJ was at the crosswalk. It suddenly reversed the scene bringing the viewers to a flashback. Even the shot taken from above of when DJ was eating soup to WJ eating tteokbokki was a nice transition between scenes. The pink/lavender tone is kind of whatever to me. I totally get it why they use it, but I'm neither impressed or distracted by it. 

I think DJ's ex-girlfriend cheated on him based on the clips we've seen in the trailers. He said she cheated on him for a year but he pretended it wasn't happening. He has really low self-esteem and just takes everything in. Will he even do anything to the spy?! 

WJ is a bit of a firecracker, but she means well. She does not like seeing injustices and I think that's what is going to draw her into him. 

@Alice Wonderland @abs-oluteM The unni and BFF might end up together. At the press conference, they were doing hearts together. That's a sign that it's a possibility!

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Tofu from the preview does it seem like the ex-gf may have cheated on him with his partner? 

@Alice Wonderland From the preview, I was very surprised that the mum comes to visit in the office as I don’t expect them to know each other’s true identity so quickly. Maybe mum will pretend not to know her ? But knowing WJ who’s already so bad at stalking 😆, she won’t be able to hide the truth for long . 

@mademoiselle @SilverMoonTea @ktcjdrama come join us here. So far I like what’s going on 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM I'm here. I've actually watched both episodes yesterday but forgot to clock in here.

As I was watching episode 1, I was wondering if Ha Dong Jin is the mistress' son and voila, he is! That is going to be a big conflict/hurdle between them. "Good" thing is his relationship with his mother isn't good. And this would end up being the best revenge because in the end, he would inherit all his mother's inheritance and he would be able to return the house to her!

Though I'm curious how the mum gets to keep the house. Did she perhaps dated the gangster's head (they were there to shoo the siblings out) so he gave the house back to her...? Or she never sold the house in the first place but she had enough money to help her son.

To be honest in the beginning it had a bit of My Ahjussi's vibe except ML isn't married. The FL is dull and rundown like IU's character and was also an office assistant who doesn't get along with people or care about others. The spying/stalking was also a little similar except IU was better at it. And then it stopped having the My Ahjussi's vibe (to my surprise) at the end of episode 1 when it is revealed Dong Jin knew all along he was followed and even offered to let her know which apartment he's in (he's a weirdo too...)

Will the eldest sister be paired up with Sung Joon or she's met for the Dong Jin's work partner? xD

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

@mademoiselle I am quite confused about the mom & the gangsters , and I was surprised she still had the house . I thought she had sold it to the gangsters , and that was the source of the money she gave DJ . Don’t tell me she’s dating the gang leader or something? 😳. Then again I shouldn’t be surprised seeing how she behaves all the time . 

I do hope WJ’s sis doesn’t date that useless partner. I’m assuming she’ll have a love line with  Sung Joon’s character. Talking about him , I’m really happy to see him as it’s been so long since I’ve seen him do a show . Island is not counted 😂😂. He’s bulked up quite a bit 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@abs-oluteM she cant do that. WJ knows her and her son too. I think DJ didnt really notice she is his step-sister. Like WJ said he never really cared or interested in anyone's else. And he even cant sense that someone who works for him for years betray him. I wonder when he finds out later, will he regreat it. The subs at the end of ep 2 was kinda weird. What does it mean by she will make her regrets but she wont do that so often. I think something wrong with the subs. 

@mademoiselle I watched MA too. But I don't feel it is quite similar. Or maybe I have forgot some of those details cuz that was really oainful to watch. And that makes me hate JKY for 16 episodes. 😆

As @Tofu said, I like that reverse flashback too. The transition is smooth and good.

37 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselleIf the older sister likes Sung Joon...then this will be a messy love pentagon :lettalKWA:

Why, I hope he doesn't fsll for WJ too, I like their friendship, for once can we have a pure friendship between male and female. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM I'm here. I've actually watched both episodes yesterday but forgot to clock in here.

I also totally forgot to clocked in here :poliWeird: I was lurking a while here, then I do something else and then amnesia kicked in :lmao2:

I won't make a promise that I will be staying here. Actually I sort of felt this drama a bit slow at first and the colour too muted and dull, also the ML seems so down and sad. But I can see by the end of episode 2 it have potential perhaps to be a great drama, I'm still not sure. 

I like that the ML quickly apologize after he investigate her claim. And actually the FL quite charming, despite of her blunt & grumpy attitude. Probably it's the charm of LSK, the actress able to make the character enjoyable despite her apparent flaw. 

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM

To be honest in the beginning it had a bit of My Ahjussi's vibe except ML isn't married. The FL is dull and rundown like IU's character and was also an office assistant who doesn't get along with people or care about others.

It did remind me a bit of MA, but I think this drama a bit more lively than MA and had more dramatic moment (like the sister fiancee's mistress appear and make commotion in the bank). It also reminded me a bit of Lost somehow, probably because of the pace also slow and the muted colour theme. 

Hope the show can keep our interest, I do quite like the pairing. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

19 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

@mademoiselle I watched MA too. But I don't feel it is quite similar. Or maybe I have forgot some of those details cuz that was really oainful to watch. And that makes me hate JKY for 16 episodes. 😆

Ahahahaha yes, I remember it was shocking at the time to see JKY being the "baddie" after his sweet character in Go Back Couple, and worse he was punching/kicking such a little person like IU! But then I don't hate him after the show gave us his backstory. When he tear up upon hearing IU's conversation about him with Ahjussi, I forgave him and he redeemed himself at the end.

18 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

It did remind me a bit of MA, but I think this drama a bit more lively than MA and had more dramatic moment (like the sister fiancee's mistress appear and make commotion in the bank).

Yeah the tone became very different after episode 2. It's not entirely like My Ahjussi, just some very minor similarity in the beginning for the character(s) and the workplace setup. My Ahjussi is a lot more darker because IU is all alone on her own whereas here the FL has a best friend and siblings who are a bit short-circuit hahahahaha!

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

The first OST is so upbeat unlike the initial tone of the show :laugh:

More TMI videos with no subs. I wish we had like NF / The Swoon type material. One thing I noticed is that LSK due to her extrovert nature is always very bright and full of energy

• Like 4

On 2/27/2023 at 3:58 PM, abs-oluteM said:

come join us here. So far I like what’s going on 

I am planning to watch, but I'm just so busy these couple weeks that I've fallen behind on many dramas. Haven't even started on Taxi Driver. I might start this one first though, after reading all the comments here on the thread. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Both DJ and WJ are victims of those shameless betrayers. I just like how they slowly walking toward each other. Rather than hurting each other I think the best revenge could be they are hand in hand to live their life better and never give those people any room for treating them unfair again. The ending, why did they have to end it there???

I believe DJ could overcome the crisis, he just need a trigger and WJ is his trigger I think. Everytjing she dis and said for him, he eventually listens to her suggestions. Just like the novel love story that HS imagine. Everything seems goes on that way. 😄

And the siblings are just fun. I like their scenes in these episodes. Especially when the younger brother start annoying his sisters and acts he isnthe only normal one among them. Hahaha. I find it oretty entertaining! I feel like they become the warm for WJ's cold life.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@Alice Wonderland this drama is good - especially in terms  of how the they are developing the characters & that we get more revelations about everyone in each episode. The whole revenge melo premise is just a red herring for what is actually a healing slice of life . 

I will comment more on the plot after I complete eps 4. Was halfway through it.  

———

Some comments I read about the production quality .

The filter does take getting used to & while I’m not a fan of this dull pinkish tone, it does give off that melancholy vibe .  Also the editing can be confusing as they like to show a shocking scenario first before doing a flashback to show how wrong the characters’s assumption about the situation was . While it is an interesting form of story telling , it requires you to figure out which is the flashback as the execution may not seem so smooth. But they aren’t deal breakers for me . 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

After a very long & tiring week, this drama give me a lot of comfort. Probably because the colour tone, the pace and the story. I started to enjoy this a lot more now. The dull and purplish tone somehow good for my very tired eyes after long hour looking at computer. 

The 2nd CEO looks shady as hell, but it seems he's actually really a good friend to DJ. DJ trully a good guy and he really fell into some depression after ended that 7 years relationship of his. Not sure if the cheating of her have more background story. But it seems now she regretted it deeply. 

I love how she's not a damsel in distress, instead she's the one whos always end up rescuing him 😅 Her tongue very sharp, but her action betraying her. I think it must be very confusing for him to understand her 😂

I'm also looking forward how Jun will come into the picture to their already tangled story. I wonder if he already harbored a feeling for her for 10 years, or the feeling just surface recently. Pretty sure he already started being jealous, since he have concern about his face 😅

Spoiler

P.s I found SJ matched the character here better than seeing him as a boring and forced villain in Island, plus with his white hair to make the matter even worse 😅

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

'Call It Love' is truly an emotional masterpiece. star Kim Young Kwang and Lee Sun Kyung really brings out the best in the characters of Woo Joo and Dong Jin. but Woo Joo's heart won't be softened easily and Dong Jin may struggle to understand her. 😅 it's all about trust. sometimes I feel like Woo Joo is slowly starting to fall in love with Dong Jin from episode 4 onwards and he won't even look at her romantically because of the "back" talk. 😉 I'll try to imagine his devastation if he finds out she tried in many times to get things done, to betray him. and I'm sure I got more precious Dong Jin smiles here than the last plan combined. 😉

here's the link to a subtitled version,

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpRhZyrJs8h/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

'Call It Love' has shared behind the scenes secret revealing how the cast reherse their lines on set. many shared their love for seeing a height difference between the leading men and female actress. I find they're very attractive.  :true:

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

7 hours ago, twink_twink_ said:

but Woo Joo's heart won't be softened easily and Dong Jin may struggle to understand her. 😅 it's all about trust. sometimes I feel like Woo Joo is slowly starting to fall in love with Dong Jin from episode 4 onwards and he won't even look at her romantically because of the "back" talk. 😉

I think so too. Even when she went on her revenge mode and told the spy colleague that DJ knows about him being a spy, there was part of her that was so uncomfortable. Almost as if she was like a child that was about to be caught for doing something naughty. WJ is not cut out for this because deep down this isn't something she would do since WJ is a protector by nature as can be seen with how she looks out for her siblings. WJ can see that DJ isn't a bad person and she should realise ( hopefully soon) that he is undeserving of the betrayals that come his way.

Sometimes I wonder if DJ is a pushover? But then I figured being an introvert , he handles difficult situations differently . He tends to internalise them , and needs his own time to come to terms with things. He is also quite considerate of people's feelings, but it doesn't mean he won't stand up for himself when it comes to it. The way he dealt with Director Kim ( the client who betrayed him) and with ex-gf, telling her that she should show some respect, just shows that he can be firm too and handles things with grace. WJ on the other hand is rather different from DJ. She's doesn't keep it in. She gets mad and reacts , says what she feels , bulldozes into things. May not always be a bad thing but I am not sure if being unfiltered all the time is such a good thing either. So that's why their interactions are always so interesting .

@SilverMoonTea I love this show and after 4 episodes it is indeed a comfort drama. As to the ex, perhaps there's more to it but I don't actually want her anywhere near him :D 

@Dhakra this show has your name written on it. It is one of those thought provoking melodramas. Reminds me of shows like Lost and Plus Nine Boys. You'll like the leads too.

@ktcjdrama I think this show is worth checking out first :D

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Shocked 1