Call It Love 사랑이라 말해요 (2023)

abs-oluteM

20232102-call-it-love-disney.jpg

@abs-oluteM , you're right, absM. although pitiful, it is almost maddening to watch Dong Jin getting pushed around by those around him. 😅 Woo Joo continues her run as a woman of strength. at least Woo Joo is honest with her disdain for him. someone is getting through something hard right now although not much but I felt I knew they've got their back. he might offer the best support simply by showing concern and offering a caring presence. where love is just... difficult to figure out. 😉 Dong Jin's feelings for Woo Joo isn't built on trust, but on his understanding of her. 😉 I think, episode 4 was better; at least I found something to latch on to. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Here for you @SilverMoonTea:smug:

Their chemistry is ❤️🔥 in this Singles Vid that KYK posted on his IG . I guess being former models they really know how to work the camera 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpXngmiADXb/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Subbed by Disney + SG

I had to read this twice to make sure I read the "subbed" part correctly. Disney+ barely sub their videos. Haha! 

Their love language fits them really well and I was not surprised why they chose what they chose. I'm not good with words as I do not often need them. I guess Kim Young Kwang and I are not meant to be. :cry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

@Tofu It was interesting that he said that none of the love languages were exactly what he would choose but words of affirmation was the closest since what he craves most is acceptance.

----------------

Eps 5 was really so darn good.

WJ is beginning to feel something for DJ , even if she doesn't realize it and even if we can't exactly define what it is that she feels. But I am certain that instead of hating him she sympathizes with him. She had so wanted to see the  company go down, but yet she instinctively helped him because she knows deep down what that Cha guy did was just wrong and unethical. And she knows that DJ doesn't deserve this. 

It was the same situation with the ex too. Once she realizes what the ex did to DJ, that protective instincts in her surfaced. She was worried he was trying to kill himself (he wasn't , he was just drunk) . And that ending scene at the office...my heart just raced. In fact I love the build up from the time she texted him to see if he was okay to asking if they should have dinner and to that bit where we could see he was quickly walking back to the office. (KYK's acting here is top notched - very restrained but you can see that he was happy).  I wanted them to meet so badly that I almost yelled when the ex-gf turned up. Anyhow,  so glad that DJ told the ex-gf off and turned to WJ. What WJ did next was truly awesome!

FqthuC7acAIUtUk?format=jpg&name=large

FqthwUTaAAEUiop?format=jpg&name=large

WJ is instrumental in the changes we're seeing in DJ. He's finally pushing back against these people that are taking advantage of him

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

I feel that the story is getting frustrating when DJ couldn't do anything when people blames or whines at him or plead at him. And it even more annoying to see the shameless clingy ex too. She senses that DJ has change of heart and she no longer has chance for a room in his heart now. So she plays cheap trick to annoy WJ. But I'm glad that writer creates a female character that doesn't easily get bullied like her. And slowly DJ changes from time to time, become more confident and bright. I hope he really gets revenge to his ex by telling "I've become better now since you're my bad luck has gone from my life". Also I hate that his friend is still trying to help that ex with him. Ugh, I am so glad when WJ ignores him a lot. 😄

WJ might think it was her habit for protecting people that she thinks need her protection. So when DJ told her that what she did for him might make him minsunderstand her, thinking she likes him. And both are so akward after he hugs her, what is it if it's not sign of love . 🤣😆

AIso it was so funny Jiguk waits for DJ and sees him delightfully, like meeting a long lost love. 🤣 he will be the cuoid for his noona. And I think he asked his help for shelter for a while. It was cut and we still dont get his story yet. 

@abs-oluteM They always have ending that leeaves us with so much questions. Will he find out this soon and pretend like he used to be? Why I want him wont find her now, at least for now. She seems want to let go her revenge and leaves him once he settles his company crisis. How could it be if he knows that WJ is his step sister, her mom never divorce her dad right? So they r legally step siblings?

On 3/5/2023 at 8:35 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Uh my heart... he hold her hand

Same here, I saw their clips as well, my heart flutters too, 😆

And both are just looking so gorgeous to gether, and her height looks pretty average besides him. He's realllly tall! 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

Wow, the ending of episode 5! :PsyWhat: 

But the ending of episode 6! :scaredpanda2:

11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

KYK's acting here is top notched - very restrained but you can see that he was happy

I completely agreed! I think his acting is excellent in this drama. I haven't watched his last two dramas, so it's been a while since I've seen him. Kim Young Kwang has improved so much (not that he wasn't good before). His microexpressions are better than what I remembered. 

@Alice Wonderland I'm a bit indifferent about DJ finding out. It would be nice for everything to be out in the open, but at the same time knowing that will change their relationship. DJ might become more empathetic towards WJ and that's not want to she wants. WJ has been helping DJ feel less empathetic and be more confident. If DJ knew that WJ approached him for a reason that means there really isn't anyone he can trust -- he really is alone. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

Sigh at least if they give early preview oike other dramas do, but they might drop it on Monday.

@Tofu that is why if it could be kept a secret for little longer. But even he finds out, I think he will still accept her maybe, since he might feel responsible for what his mom did to her family. But WJ is not blaming him. At first she might misunderstand him but the more she gets close to him with her revenge plot in mind, she learns that he is as misrable as she is. So it makes her being emphatic toward him and that feeling develops into another meaning as the title suggest, I conclude it goes into that direction. And once they decide to be happy for both, the other party poopers might interfere for sure, the first is that ex then followed by his gold digger mom. So awful!

• Like 5

@Alice Wonderland If it goes that route, it'll get really melo before the sweet romance starts. :nervous: 

I am curious as to why he's looking for her. I wished Disney+ showed the preview at the end of the episode like the other platforms. Maybe they will release the preview tomorrow.

I really liked this scene between them. I loved that he told her he was grateful he didn't have to eat alone. I also laughed when she told him to sue the ex-girlfriend because she was the reason he cut his hand. Haha!

CIL-06.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

@Alice Wonderland @Tofu I seriously hate DJ's mother with a  vengeance. Her borrowing $$ from the ex makes me hate her even more. In some ways, I think it would be better for DJ to know who WJ really is. They are already falling for each other , and I don't want DJ to feel betrayed a second time where his love life is concerned. One thing I love so much is seeing DJ's character development - he is pushing back at people who are taking advantage of him. And unknowingly, Woo Joo has become a bright spot in DJ's bleak life. Just a few affirmative words from WJ, gave him strength and hope. (I believe there's a lot of KYK in Dong Jin :D) . 

Spoiler

FqxrlhdaAAIGxkL?format=jpg&name=medium

WJ needs to stop parenting her siblings. I can understand why as she was the one to witness her father's infidelity , so she took on that role unconsciously to protect them . She's got very strong protective instincts - and that is also partly why she ends up defending DJ. But she needs to learn to let go, as both her sister and brother are adults who need to chart their own paths too. 

Talking about her siblings, they provide some comic relief. I too laugh seeing DJ's brother's expressions. I think he is more in love with DJ than WJ is :laugh:. And big sis and YJ's scenes crack me up no end . From that underwear scene to him catching her trying to date a much younger man - their interactions are hilarious. Wait till she finds out that her "love interest" is her bro's bestie. She will be horrified. :lmao2:

Love that gif and that scene @Tofu

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Wow, how did this thread move so fast? Didn't the new episodes only comes out today? Or it's yesterday because Disney+ drops two episodes in one day? Hahaha, I think I got confused.

Anyway, I just finished both episodes. The ending keeps leaving us much to desire and I want some previews! I like the directing and the use of shadows in the drama. Woo Jin and Dong Jin's scenes are my absolute faves and enjoyed it very much. I am enjoying the nuance acting and micro expressions from Kim Young Kwang a lot as well, especially this quiet kind of character is my cup of tea! Why hasn't he taken up roles like this until now when he clearly could do it. Nonetheless, I'm glad I encounter this character after that psycho NF drama (so that we could sanitise our memory with Dong Jin).

I think Woo Joo has realised her feelings for Dong Jin hence she was drinking alone and telling herself to get a grip. Dong Jin is definitely changing as well, which I love seeing that slow but minor changes each time, it's strangely lovely, exciting and interesting to see it progress. They are still awkward with each other but they have this unspoken and unexplainable attachment (?) or dynamic between them. I see this as a healing drama, much like My Ahjussi, where two very "dead" people learning and gaining strength from interacting with each other and becoming more alive at the end of the show. Love that scene where Woo Joo tells Dong Jin "she just knows he'll not go down" and Dong Jin had tears in his eyes. She always managed to give him what he needed at the right time.

Dong Jin thinks he's all alone but really he isn't. He has an uncle who cares about him, and even let him stay at his expensive apartment. He has a friend whom he helped when that friend was in need. And now that friend is helping him too (the relief on his face was nicely done). He has Sun Woo as well and that lady who works for them.

Now, is the show trying to pair the Noona with best buddy or not? Because it's no point giving them a scene where he saw her in her undergarment if the show isn't planning to pair them up.

As for Kang Min Young, could she perhaps wanted to break up because Dong Jin's mum ask her for money?! I obviously wanted her cheating to be real but this one is a curve ball because if she didn't cheat and the real reason was Dong Jin's mum then rather than hardcore being cold with her, Dong Jin's behaviour will change to "apologetic" when he finds out.

I want Dong Jin to find out about Woo Joo's identity but I don't want what you guys say to come true. But then I feel even though Dong Jin knew in the end, he would still try to believe her because that is what he has been doing so far--recalling her actions from the past, her reactions to protecting him and justifying it whenever he/someone doubts her.

Hahaha am I the only one that thinks Ji Guk's reaction to seeing Dong Jin was more of "life saviour" than "love"? xDDD I swear he wanted to take advantage of Dong Jin because he needs a place to stay. Poor Dong Jin cannot even go home because of Min Young. I love the realisation for Woo Joo why Dong Jin didn't go home and stayed at a motel.

===

Ooooo, so they do know they like each other in the next episodes. Dong Jin is smiling. Woo Joo lets her hair down. Progress!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
6 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Ji Guk's reaction to seeing Dong Jin was more of "life saviour" than "love"? xDDD I swear he wanted to take advantage of Dong Jin because he needs a place to stay. Poor Dong Jin cannot even go home because of Min Young. I love the realisation for Woo Joo why Dong Jin didn't go home and stayed at a motel.

Oh yeah ...you are right. Forgot the maknae here has no where to stay. I wonder who is that Uncle Donghae that asked DJ to stay at his place. Some relative? The man knows the ex too. 

7 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Now, is the show trying to pair the Noona with best buddy or not? Because it's no point giving them a scene where he saw her in her undergarment if the show isn't planning to pair them up.

I am hoping they do.

I am very appreciative of every role that I have seen KYK in , and I have watched almost everything he's done  since I spotted him in Pinocchio. There's a reason why he's on my VIP list - it's that he is  versatile. He plays psychos and smarmy characters as convincingly as a rich clueless chaebol.  But here I think he up his level and will possibly be one my favorite roles he's taken on; it's like what @Tofu mentioned his micro expressions are just spot on. 

This show has unexpectedly become my favorite right now. Like @SilverMoonTea says it has this comforting  vibe.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2

@abs-oluteM I think it was mentioned in past episodes that Uncle is his birth father's brother. I might be wrong though.

I think this role is potentially going to be my favourite out of all his past ones. I like him in his past characters, but it was never enough to "love" him because there was not that "one" character I'm really in love with. This one fits the bill. There's enough screen time on him, and you know how much I like a quiet (and especially tortured soul) character. Heh. His past characters are mostly goofy although not so much the movies, but still it wasn't enough to be attached to those characters. I look forward to the sequel of Mission Impossible ... or what was it called something similar to MI. His character is still goofy in there but I like the pretense or facade he puts on and then when needed, he's all swoony with the action scenes.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@mademoiselle Are they still gonna do Mission Possible - the drama version? I am still hoping hard as I also like LeeSunBin and that movie was so enjoyable.

One thing I regret is that SungJoon and KYK have so few scenes together here . This is their 3rd drama together ( White Christmas and Can We Get Married before this ) and I know that they are good friends since their modelling days. In fact LSK , SJ and KYK have all known each other for a long time.

https://elle.com.sg/2023/03/03/how-lee-sung-kyung-kim-young-kwang-and-sung-joon-built-their-chemistry-in-call-it-love-k-drama/

Their chemie is just great. I have actually been waiting for this film called Broker which they did together a few years ago. Still not aired.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

@abs-oluteM I think so. I thought it was confirmed. If there's no news, means it's happening. Hahaha!

Yeah I figured they would all know each other for a loooong time too. The modelling world is quite small in SK.

True that there are still no direct interactions between SJ and KYK. Sung Joon is another that needs better character and script. He hasn't quite impressed me in any dramas yet.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I actually second WJ's advice about going to forum to get more miserable story on others when I felt bad. At least it can also make me forgot my problem temporarily. 

I like that the dialogue of this drama is so clever and witty, like for example what Jun's said about his background from natural science and lack of imagination 😅

Btw I got a slightly disturbed by the point which DJ said to Mr Cha that her daughter didn't know what kind of money was used to pay for her study. As he also try to close his eyes about money from his mother. But, since he seems looking for the daughter of the family, did in the end he found out ? 

• Like 5

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

19 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Btw I got a slightly disturbed by the point that DJ said to Mr Cha that her daughter didn't know what kind of money was used to pay for her study. As he also try to close his eyes about money from his mother. But, since he seems looking for the daughter of the family, did in the end he found out ? 

I think that line to Mr Cha was on purpose to provoke something in us  viewers. Down the road , we may see some wrong assumption we had. Mum did say she didn't steal the $$ that she gave to DJ. And DJ was already at his wits end then , so I think he had no choice but to accept it.   So the strange thing is that the money that DJ got from his mother ultimately didn't come from WJ's house. In that sense , I feel relived because now WJ has zero reasons to be directing her revenge at DJ. And I feel him trying to look for the daughter is to set things right.  He hasn't found out that WJ is that daughter. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1