Summer Strike 아무것도 하고 싶지 않아 [2022]

Tofu

I'm still not sure about this drama yet. Though I think it's one of those healing drama. I do want to keep watching for now mostly because of Dae Beom and his backstory after learning the billard Yeo Reum stayed was once where he and his family lived. AsianWiki says he speaks with a stutter but turns out he speaks just fine!

It takes great courage what Yeo Reum did. Quitting her job. Standing up to her sunbae. Selling her belongings and move out of a comfortable home...but it's relatable. The impact of losing someone so dear can cause a change to a person. It makes the person reflect on oneself and question. Now that she need not worry about her mum, she wanted to focus on herself and take a break.

Now the question is, she suddenly adopted a dog for $450! She now only has $400 left. 😵 She will have to work part time or cut short her hiatus. And seems like the lady librarian pass the civil exam next episode so maybe Yeo Reum can take her place and work part time with Dae Beom.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3

At first I was a little annoyed that she's being quite irresponsible and drinking everyday and even lost her life saving. But the money in plastic bag bring everyone together at the end :smile:

The house looks a little cozy now with the additional furniture from the uncle, and she got friends too. The dog is so cute as bonus. 

I agree with @Tofu, this drama so enjoyable. I had good laugh, also it have the emotional roller coaster at times, but still the overall setting so peaceful and relaxing. And I think it will have some good doze of neighbourhood mistery too. The OST quite wonderful as well.

I can understand everyone hestitate because of the FL actress. Trust me I had my reservation as well at first. But she did quite decent job here, maybe for those who really know Korean, I think her diction and pronouncation might sounds a little off and a bit unconvincing at times (Too much watching K dramas and even able to criticizing Korean native speaker :lmao2:) @LaLaI wonder what your opinion of this drama, if you ever do watched it. 

• Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

I just started this... Okay, even if I am given money, I wouldn’t want to live in that building. I see no proper lock on the doors, and the location seems rather remote from other people. Although there is that creepy neighbor observing from next building. The place is too huge to maintain as well. 

On 11/29/2022 at 11:18 AM, stroppyse said:

Probably not. I like Im Shi Wan a lot, but not enough to overcome his co-star. I keep wondering if SK has so few actual actors who can act that they have to keep casting idols instead.

I understand your reservation, but her acting is actually very okay here compared to her role in Awaken, where it usually is just one type of expression. 

• Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

All caught up. It’s an easy watch. And what’s a small town drama without a little bit of mystery to keep the story thrilling, right? 

On 12/3/2022 at 9:39 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

The house looks a little cozy now with the additional furniture from the uncle, and she got friends too. The dog is so cute as bonus. 

I agree it looks so much better now. But still a no for me. It is an empty building, on an empty street. Nope...

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Forgot to add... Not liking the part where they make the library noona be a love-rival of YR... Sigh, things were going well, but I dread having to watch fighting over the ML.

I'm quite annoyed with that library girl lols. The way she preached Bom was like... The type that I will disliked too in real life tbh. Kind of intrusive. 

• Clapping Hands 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Hmm....I understand why Bom feels angry, but it's unfair for her and her family to put the blame on Yeo Reum. She is a victim in all of this just as much as halmoni. I found myself skipping a lot of their parts because I couldn't continue to watch how childish they were being. The dad was supposed to have some sort of redemption but I just rolled my eyes. Halmoni worked so hard for her family. They don't do anything but demand things from her. Even Bom's last words to halmoni was yelling at her for forgetting to wash her shoes. 

I feel bad for Jae Hoon. He obviously really likes Bom, but she's still young and has different priorities. If they work out, great. If not, maybe it's a life lesson for Bom not to mistreat those who cares about her.  

The movie date with Dae Beom and Yeo Reum was cute. I wished they had more scenes in this week's episodes. 

I'm glad the female librarian finally told Dae Beom that something happened to Yeo Reum. I was beginning to think he would never find out that halmoni passed away and that he would never see Yeo Reum again. 

Seems like there's more to the crime in the preview for next week's episodes. I hope the ending will be satisfying and I want more Yeo Reum/Dae Beom scenes too! 

• Like 2

I can't believe Show killed off Halmoni. Why they've to go down that route? Aigoo. And agree, I feel bad for Jae Hoon. But did that new guy went to juvie because of Bom? Is that why Bom feels indebted to him?

Is Gyeol a maltese? It is so cute. I'm not a fan of Maltese but he/she was trimmed to look so cute that I really like.

• Like 2

I really hate it when people just conveniently blame other people for the misfortune that befalls them. Okay maybe at the heat of the moment they might do that but please, use your brain afterwards. How is it YR is responsible for Grandma’s death? Just because she didn’t say anything before to the police? It’s so unfair to shut her out like that, especially coming from Bom. She can be so immature. Her younger brother has more sense than her. YR is grieving too. Especially that useless father of them, just one slap to YR without thinking. Urgh!!... Although we do see from preview that the killing is not as simple as what was known. Who do you think is the real murderer? 

Then also that library lady. Why was she making one sided decision not to inform DB about Grandma’s passing? I am glad at least she realized she made a mistake of pushing DB into a dark hole, and decided to tell him about YR leaving. 

Lesson learned: ask yourself often, if you’re on a deserted island alone, what are the things you will continue doing, what are the things you won’t care about being able to do or not. 

On 12/20/2022 at 3:16 PM, mademoiselle said:

Is Gyeol a maltese?

No he isn’t a Maltese. Not with such big head. Could be a mixed breed with a Maltese. 

I too feel bad for Jae Hoon. I feel that Bom doesn’t deserve him. He will be better off with another girl probably. Sorry, Bom is not on my good book now. After all the happy joyful times she had with YR, to turn her back like that, just left me a real sour taste. 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

9 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

The murderer seems to be someone they know based on the preview. I actually wonder if it's Bom's father.

Some people are speculating it is the agent who recommended the place to YR. Come to think of it, that actor is quite a popular supporting actor, so he could be having a more significant role than just appearing once in a while. 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

@ktcjdrama Oh yes, I forgot about him. For a split second when he came up on screen I did suspect him. And you were right! The unexpected part was his father's involvement.

===

What does everyone feels about the last two episodes?

I like the bit Yeo Reum mentioned about how she worked only for 4 hours and the rest of the time is hers. It's kinda nice if that's what she wanted and satisfied her. $50 a day and $300 a month for rent isn't exactly enough for me since I still have materialistic desires. More importantly, I'd worry about what happened when I'm older, retirement and medical fees for any health condition I later develop.