Can We Be Strangers? 남이 될 수 있을까? (2023)

abs-oluteM

Fi3tvyoVEAA0JoO?format=jpg&name=medium

Synopsis by AsianWiki

Oh Ha-Ra (Kang So-Ra) is a lawyer, who specializes in divorce. She is also a divorcee herself. Her ex-husband is Ku Eun-Beom (Jang Seung-Jo) and he is also a lawyer. She meets Ku Eun-Beom again as a colleague.

Director: Kim Yang-Hee

Writer: Park Jin-Ree

Network: ENA, Genie TV

Episodes: 12

Release Date: January 18, 2023 

• Like 3
  • Star Struck 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Source: MDL

Kang So Ra and Jang Seung Jo are confirmed to star in a new ENA K-drama!

The upcoming ENA original series "Can We Be Strangers?" confirms its main leads and airing date. 

"Can We Be Strangers?" will revolve around a star divorce lawyer named Ha Ra and her ex-husband who's also a lawyer. The two will meet again as colleagues. The upcoming series is set in a law office and it will showcase the love, divorce, and career of people in their 30s and 40s. 

On November 18th, it was officially confirmed that Kang So Ra and Jang Seung Jo will lead the 2023 series. Kang So Ra will play the role of Ha Ra. She is popular as a divorce lawyer and is also called the goddess of litigation. Jang Seung Jo on the other hand will play the role of Eun Beom. He is also a lawyer and he will meet his ex-wife again through work. 

The upcoming series will be directed by Son Jae Gon ("Secret Zoo" and "Villain and Widow"). 

This new series will be one of the firsts original k-dramas of ENA for 2023. This will be added to the drama lineup of the broadcast channel such as "Extraordinary Attorney Woo," "Gaus Electronics," "Love Is for Suckers," and more.

"Can We Be Strangers?" will premiere in January 2023 and it will exclusively air both on Genie TV and on the ENA channel. 

This will be Kang So Ra's comeback project after five years. This will also be her first drama after getting married and giving birth to her first child. 

The actress last appeared in the 2017 K-drama  "Revolutionary Love" with Super Junior's Choi Si Won, Gong Myung, Lee Jae Yoon, Kim Ye Won, and more. 

Meanwhile, this will be the first drama of Jang Seung Jo for 2023. This year, he focused on the second season of "The Good Detective 2" with Son Hyun Joo,  Oh Jung Se, Ji Seung Hyun, and Kim Hyo Jin.

This drama will be the reunion project of Kang So Ra, Jang Seung Jo, and director Son Jae Gon. 

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

I love both leads! :wow:

Enjoyed Jang Seung Jo in The Good Detective 1 & 2.

So glad Kang Sora is finally back to dramaland!

How long do we have to wait for this? When does it air?

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Hope...

Sometimes that's all you have when you have nothing else.

3 hours ago, Rina said:

I love both leads! :wow:

Enjoyed Jang Seung Jo in The Good Detective 1 & 2.

So glad Kang Sora is finally back to dramaland!

How long do we have to wait for this? When does it air?

Oh yay ! Let's watch together. Airs in Jan 2023 and that is not too far away

• Like 3
  • Party! 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Rina I really hope that this drama doesn't disappoint as my anticipation is growing with every promotional material that's coming out. ENA doesn't exactly have a good track record with me where rom-coms are concerned. I was quite disappointed with the plots for Good Job & Love is For Suckers , and I had high hopes for both given the cast. Fingers crossed.

Happy holidays & celebrations if you do celebrate Christmas !

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

I'm really, if cautiously, looking forward to this drama. I like both leads, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this relationship develops, even if there is a bit of a hint of 'Emergency Couple' in the set up.

A 30 sec preview with translations of the captions and the voiceovers.

Captions unless otherwise noted with initials when it’s a voiceover.

I am a lawyer who specializes in divorce.

I am also divorced.
KSR: What is happiness?

Fate
Love
Marriage
Hatred
Separation

KSR: Are you not going to leave?!

Happiness
Happiness?

Let me know
What real love is
What real separation is
What real happiness is

Kang So Ra
Jang Seung Jo

I am a divorced lawyer who specializes in divorces

JSJ: So, can we become strangers?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Party! 1

@RinaLooks so good ! I can feel the heat.  :lenny:

Oh well you know what they say right that love & hate are just two sides of the same coin. 

On 12/30/2022 at 9:49 AM, mademoiselle said:

I might actually check this out. They look like they'll have chemie.

They do especially based on the latest long teaser. 

Thanks @stroppyse for the translations.  Oh yes I remember Emergency Couple which I ended up really liking . So excited to see JSJ in his 1st romantic lead

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1