Reasons to Cheer: a Drama Round-up!

stroppyse

19 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

2. Na Bo Ra and Poong Won Ho (20th Century Girl)

:PiplupCry::cry::letalQQ:

Why do I even bother to watch Korean movies?!? They all have sad endings, or bittersweet endings at best.

14 hours ago, LaLa said:

- Gu Ryeong and Park Joon Gil (Tomorrow)

Reason: Given now their soul is somewhat will live for eternity as grim reaper, can that red thread that has been broken to be tied again between the two? Not just as a mere coworkers since after the last mission, both now regain all their past live memories.

I know that their red thread can never be mended, but since they are in the afterlife together and remember what they once meant to each other, I can't help but wish that they could find comfort and love with each other again.

23 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

3. Son Oh Gong-Jin Sun Mi (Hwayugi)

Ahhhh! That was a shocker of an ending! I kept thinking there would be a season 2 where SOG goes and finds JSM rather than leaving it open that way.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Ahhhh! That was a shocker of an ending! I kept thinking there would be a season 2 where SOG goes and finds JSM rather than leaving it open that way.

S2 that wont happen. For days and weeks the ending caused me in bad mood and promised not to watch hong sisters dramas again, but see another same thing happened with AoS. 

14 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Why do I even bother to watch Korean movies?!? They all have sad endings, or bittersweet endings at best.

20th century girl seems lije to follow the old classics of kmovies ending, sad ending. But even so, the story itself is quite mesmerizing. And the characters drawn me in even I knew I'd be broken heart later. 

• Like 8
9 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

S2 that wont happen. For days and weeks the ending caused me in bad mood and promised not to watch hong sisters dramas again, but see another same thing happened with AoS. 

I'm aware that S2 won't happen. *grumble* And, yes, it was memories of that drama that made me drop AoS once I understood where they were going to with it.

I am definitely not on board for any Hong Sisters dramas again!

• Like 8

Completed dramas - I practically had to google the drama listing because I forgot what the heck I watched. I am one of those who usually complete what I started :laugh:

K-dramas (28 & counting ...)

Spoiler

1. The Red Sleeve (since this ended in 2022)

2. Forecasting Love & Weather

3. Business Proposal

4. Twenty Five Twenty One

5. Our Blues

6. Thirty Nine

7. Bloody Heart

8. Through the Darkness

9. Grid

10. Extraordinary Attorney Woo

11. Its Beautiful Now

12. Soundtrack #1

14. Shooting Stars

15. Fanletter, Please

16. Love In Contract

17. Love is For Suckers

18. Money Heist S1

19. Good Detective S2

20. Remarriage & Desires

21. Big Mouth

22. Little Women

23. Squid Game ( yeah only watched it this year)

24. Under the Queen's Umbrella ( will definitely finish this)

25. One Dollar Lawyer

26. Once Upon A Small Town

27. May It Please The Court

28. My Liberation Notes ( possibly most fave show)

c-dramas

Spoiler

1. Master Of My Own

2. Ordinary Greatness 

3. Reset

4. Love Like the Galaxy

5. The Autumn Ballad

6. Because of Love

7. Be My Princess

Dropped

Spoiler

1. Jinxed Lovers

2. Tracer ( I think the lack of subs killed my momentum- though I may rewatch it later)

3. Blind

4. Cheer Up

5. Somebody (suspended) 

6. Doctor Lawyer

7. Why Women Love (c-drama)

8. Hello The Sharpshooter (c-drama)

Currently Watching ( quite certain I will finish these)

1. Reborn Rich

2. Love in my Eyes

3. First Responders

4. Revenge of Others

In a danger zone of being dropped but still hanging on :laugh:

1. Curtain Call 

---------------------

As to 2nd question - hmmmm I don't think there were any ships that I figured truly needed to sail. Even in 2521 - as sad as it was , I just figured it was a very realistic part of growing up. 

The closest is May It Please The Court. The open end leaves for interpretation - I assume they would get together. 

• Like 9

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Wait a moment.. for the second question, is that for any drama you watched or under the 2022 watch list? I only listed the 2022 drama that I watched.. Even when I wanted to mentioned old dramas, my goldfish like memories can't remember all those ships that have sinked to the bottom of the sea :laugh:

And I didn't included Our Beloved Summer and The Red Sleeve because it aired more than the half of it series in 2021.. 

@Tofuto make you happy, I do start watching Silent.. and like the title I'm keeping silent about it :MewGiggle: My first Japanese dorama after a very long time.. the last probably when I was still in elementary and I watched dubbed version in local TV that I might mistook as Chinese series (I was a kid and couldn't differentiate things at that age)

• Like 6
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

@Tofu Not you too, for the same reason!

@abs-oluteM @Tofu May I Help You is difficult to watch. Bad writing. ML's guilt / trauma + ex-girlfriend troop + angst. Finally they get together... angst again.

@LaLa I think you can also mention dramas that you didn't watch when it aired that year but watched this year.

==

For the first question, I forgot to add 2 more. I've only watched an episode of First Love and one episode of an older Jdrama. That one was too heavy so I decided not to go on. First Love is on hold - need to tune into Jdrama mode after watching Kdrama for so long.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

@mademoiselle Wow! I didn't know all of that is happening. I originally dropped it because it was a bit all over the place. Knowing that, it just sounds super angsty which I'm not about. I guess it is a MBC drama after all. :idk:

@LaLa Really?! How are you liking it? I think the last two episodes the pace changed a bit. I do hope Nana ends up with the JSL teacher, but it doesn't seem like it. 😥

• Like 8

@Tofu  Kinnporsche novel is worse. they toned it down a lot.  I put in the spoiler

Spoiler

in a novel Pete and Vegas story was even worse. In series Vegas kept Pete locked in his house bc he found out that Pete was spying on him for Kinn.  they did show Vegas torturing pete but that´s it.  They fell for each others. Pete got away and first he denied his feeling( i mean who would feel anything for a guy that kept you locked up, tortured you. But in the end Pete ended up together with Vegas which I found really weird. 

But in the Novel which was lot worse. Vegas raped Pete many times and even there they ended up together. :mad:

And the Novel was really popular. I did not read the Novel for oblivious reason but I saw people talking about it So i check couple of chapters and wondered how it was so popular. i do not get it.

• Like 4
  • Shocked 3

F1, crime/thiller drama and coffee addict!

FINLAND!

@ssteph I see the common theme in your dramas....LOL!!

@joccu__

Spoiler

OMG, what?! How is the novel so popular if that's what happened? That screams toxicity on so many level. Honestly, one of the things I dislike about Thai lakorns is how much they popularize sexual abuse/assault/harassment. They make it seem like it's a common occurrence in everyday life. It's demoralizing watching Thai lakorns that perpetutate this type of behavior. 

I'm glad you watched this and not me. I probably would have thrown my laptop on the ground by being so frustrated. :lmao2:

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Shocked 1
7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@LaLa I think you can also mention dramas that you didn't watch when it aired that year but watched this year.

Ahh I see. But because I didn't watch any so I don't need to revise my list I guess. I just shared the one that started to air in 2022 to make it easier :)

7 hours ago, Tofu said:

@LaLa Really?! How are you liking it? I think the last two episodes the pace changed a bit. I do hope Nana ends up with the JSL teacher, but it doesn't seem like it. 😥

Hmm maybe because I was used with k drama format, it took some time to adapt, but story wise it's quite good. All the characters are just kind with good heart people.

Spoiler

The next episode will unravel the past of Male lead when he discovered and finally realized his condition and the change with his family dynamics. Last episode will probably address whether the ML can fully accept his condition and see the truth what he really wants and the relationship with thr FL. I dunno whether they will change the pace or not.. 

And for Nana, there's possibility they might rekindle their friendship first with the unopened letter. Both were saying hurtful words to each other and with being silent and not addressing the issue, it caused a bigger rift. The teacher needed to share his honest feeling too I guess. After years have passed since then and also her interaction with Sakura and to some extension with Aoba, opened her thoughts and feels about possible relationship between them. 

Uhm by the way, has the third question been revealed? Or did I miss that? :thinking:

• Like 9

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

On 12/1/2022 at 3:34 PM, stroppyse said:

First topic of discussion is up!

How many dramas did you watch this year?

Ohhhh I have a list on my phone for this !!! I definitely watched wayyyy less dramas than I have in the past 2 years but still more than I did before the Pandemic in terms of scale. I am still on a drama break though which will probably end when Alchemy of Souls S2 begins because I love LJW so much. :laugh:

Actually, a lot of dramas this year felt pretty mediocre. Or maybe I just picked to watch the not so good ones, so it's my own fault! (I'm looking at these 3 in particular...how I finished them and actually talked about them is a mystery to me...I must have had a lot of time then: Link:Eat, Love, Die, Going to You at the Speed of 493km, Cafe Minadang)

Fiinished K-Dramas

-A Buiness Proposal

-Pachinko

-All of Us are Dead S1

-Tomorrow

-My Liberation Notes

-Going to You at the Speed of 493km

-Hope or Dope S1

-Shooting Star

-Link:Eat, Love, Die

-Extraordinary Attorney Woo Young Woo

-Cafe Minadang

-Alchemy of Souls S1

-Once Upon a Small Town

-Little Women

Dropped Kdramas

-Today's Webtoon

Finished Taiwanese Dramas

-Rainless Love in a Godless Land

-Love's Outlet

-Sleuth of the Ming Dynasty

Currently Watching

-One Dollar Lawyer (Kdrama)

-Shards of Her (Tw Drama)

On 12/2/2022 at 4:54 PM, stroppyse said:

This is fun, reading all the answers! Time for prompt #2!

A couple you wished ended up together?

Does it count if the couple didn't end up together because one of them died?  Or just that the second lead was really better than the main lead?

More thinking to do...

Na Hee Do and Baek Yi Jin! :heart:

Although I was not emotionally traumatised or wrecked by this couple, I know ALOT of people were because I had to spend time comforting people and a fair few people told me they liked my podcast episode about the ending of this couple.

Still, I would have really loved them to have figured out a way to be together. Because it was such a beautiful romance, but also because the end of the relationship meant it was also the end oof their friendship. It was such a bittersweet ending for thiis reason. Like even if they had somehow remained friends or stayed in touch, it would have been a bit more satisfying for most people? In any case, it was realistic and difficult. But I still liked the series as a whole even though a part of me wished they'd just gotten together properly.

On 12/3/2022 at 12:23 AM, LaLa said:

- Gu Ryeong and Park Joon Gil (Tomorrow)

Reason: Given now their soul is somewhat will live for eternity as grim reaper, can that red thread that has been broken to be tied again between the two? Not just as a mere coworkers since after the last mission, both now regain all their past live memories.

Ohhh I forgot about this one! Yes, totally agree with all you said as well! :letalQQ: 

11 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

No promises for a happy ending with AOS, but I think they've put the angst in the middle so it's more likely to have a happy or at least bittersweet ending (Eg. they both die and turn into butterflies type ending) :idk::lol:

11 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Yeah, lets do our revenge!

But again, there is LJW in it. What to do? 

Don't hurt my LJW :psweatduck:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

3 hours ago, LaLa said:

Uhm by the way, has the third question been revealed? Or did I miss that?

You didn't miss it!

If anyone wanted to get started on the third prompt before @stroppyse is able to post it, the third prompt is:

What drama(s) did you lose sleeping staying up late to watch it? It could be binging it through the night or the drama airs late into the night and you stayed up late to watch it. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3