wink_

tumblr-ecfbaa2c72ef17348d414c31674c5be0-

'Payback' sweeping all the charges under a huge difference | highlight video • behind the scenes images.

Spoiler

• Like 6

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Written By Reporter Park Ah Reum

202301260839421910-1-20230126084403545.j

SBS

Interest is focused on actor Lee Ki Young, who left a strong impression with his special appearance in the popular SBS Friday-Saturday drama 'Payback'.

202301260839421910-2-20230126084403548.p

In the play, Lee Ki Young plays the role of Oh Chang Hyun, a former chief of the Seoul District Prosecutor's Office and a key figure in the prosecutor's connection with Chairman Myung (played by Kim Hong Pa), who struggles to enter the political arena with the business card of the CEO of GMi Bank, a listed company made by Chairman Myung.

Even in the unfortunate luck on his character as Oh Chang Hyun, he's deep acting skills shone through. Actor Lee Ki Young completed another customized the character by perfectly portraying Chairman Oh Chang Hyun, the corruption itself. 

When he received an offer favorable to him, he showed a snarky side and in the conflict with Chairman Myung, he left a short but strong impression by digesting a vicious and greedy character that he hadn't shown before with his clever tone and action.

a link for a source:

https://m.newsen.com/

• Like 6

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

prepared to wait longer for a 'Payback' encapsulate each character’s individual • teaser trailer • cuts

source:

Spoiler

• Like 6

@mademoiselle So sad that you still don't like this after ep3. If the nephew prosecutor was played by your precious Rowoon or new squeeze Moon Sang Min, I'm sure you would persevere! 🤣

It's ep8 now and the story is still developing nicely. Some things could be better eg. pace could be faster and uhm, I don't really like Moon Chae Won's role - she doesn't seem to be really adding any value, yet - but the plot is quite good. Every time we think Eun Yong is winning, the bad guys hit back and they are quite smart too. So the twists are quite entertaining.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@Chocolate I finished ep.4. Tbh, it’s not as engaging as I thought it would be. But I am interested to see the nephew. Never seen him before but I think his character is interesting and I want to see what will become of him. Here mainly for the cast only, that is including Park Hoon. Story wise, a bit confusing as in why this Myung guy so “powerful”. Not quite understanding what EY has in mind with his plan to take down Myung, why does it have to be so complicated. I agree that MCW’s character is a bit disappointing. I actually like her younger self, how she wasn’t afraid to stand up against the gangsters, but her adult self is rather bland....? 

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@Chocolate I am still watching actually. I managed to persevere. Hahaha! I think it got a bit more engaging for me after the first 4 episodes, but I'm still not watching it diligently for every scene and agree MCW's character is disappointing. There's an obvious imbalance of the screen time between her and ML.

Her younger self I do like. She was acted by the first Crown Princess from Under the Queen's Umbrella. She was also in another drama will Jun (though her character there was meh).

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Party! 1

@ktcjdrama @mademoiselle that’s great! It does get better progressively. For one, there will not be so many flashbacks and it’s more interesting once we get into the real plot.

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Story wise, a bit confusing as in why this Myung guy so “powerful”. Not quite understanding what EY has in mind with his plan to take down Myung, why does it have to be so complicated.

Myung’s son in law is Park Hoon the chief prosecutor of the Special Investigations Division. Myung has money and using it to bribe the officials while Park Hoon can stop and start any investigation. Together, that’s how they are so powerful.

How EY plans to bring down Myung and Park Hoon is essentially the plot. If there is no complication, the drama will end by episode 6 😂

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

@Chocolate @ktcjdrama I don't get how there are so many similarities with dramas in/around the same year. I've watched at least 3 dramas where the ML spend his time in prison plotting/fighting against the villains 😅

I'm glad to know it's only 12 episodes (so 4 more to go), coz I am seeing the plot running out of twists or complications. If introducing more, it'd just seem redundant. Plus ML has managed to drive a wedge between Park Hoon and Myung now so it'd only seem right that the next one going down is Park Hoon.

• Clapping Hands 1
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate @ktcjdrama I don't get how there are so many similarities with dramas in/around the same year. I've watched at least 3 dramas where the ML spend his time in prison plotting/fighting against the villains 😅

I'm glad to know it's only 12 episodes (so 4 more to go), coz I am seeing the plot running out of twists or complications. If introducing more, it'd just seem redundant. Plus ML has managed to drive a wedge between Park Hoon and Myung now so it'd only seem right that the next one going down is Park Hoon.

Oooh, what are the others? I have nothing to watch except this. I even finished Watcher recently (the Grid guy is not bad).

Yes, agree 12 ep is about as far as this drama can go. Any more twists and it will become tiresome.

Anyway, has Park Hoon ever done any dramas where he is NOT the bad guy? 😆 Though he does the villian quite well - maybe it's the sharp corners of his eyes haha.

• Haha 1
  • Star Struck 1
17 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Oooh, what are the others?

LOL. You've seen these dramas too. That one with Kang Ha Neul and Big Mouth.

17 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Anyway, has Park Hoon ever done any dramas where he is NOT the bad guy?

Yes he has! Soundtrack 1 (a cafe owner who is very lovey dovey with his wife) and TKEM (as Jo Young's dad). He was in Tomorrow too, as Hades — who usually is portrayed as baddie but maybe a grey one.

• Insightful 1

preview of a music track by singer-songwriter Kim Ki Tae, Back In The Game [Payback OST Part 4]

payback-ost-part-4.jpg

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 6

1e4df2b54d3aa8f16084af92943ecfc23c2ce027

257231d48359b8c6abe90bf0b6cae3c8b52b4036

'Payback' , battle for the vulnerable and feel a responsibility to give it their all • video footage  |  teaser images

source:

Spoiler

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 6

Content Writing Reporter Park Ah Reum

202301301515171910-1-20230130152106051.j

(Photo = Captured from SBS 'Payback' broadcast)

Actress Son Eun Seo is showing a strong presence even in a short appearance in 'Payback'. Son Eun Seo plays the role of Myung Se Hee, a wife of Hwang Ki Seok (Park Hoon) and the daughter of Chairman Myung (Kim Hong Pa) of the company owner, in the popular SBS Friday-Saturday drama 'Payback' (scriptwritten by Kim Won Seok/directed by Lee Won Tae).

'Payback' episodes 7 and 8, which aired on January, 27 and 28, Myung Se Hee, who did not mind turning her back on her father, Chairman Myung, was captured in order for her husband to enter the political arena. She came to save her father's life, asked him to fill the useful slush fund from her bow fund with her personal assets as chairman Myung and turn her representative position over to himself. Also, through Myung Se Hee character, said, “You still don’t know? No one's on my father's side,” she says, drawing her line and grinning, thinking she inherited it a little earlier. However, Chairman Myung eventually decided to stop her redemption, making her fund bankrupt and leaving her alone to survive, shocking everyone once again with her reversal.

Among them, Myung Se Hee is completely arousing interest in each appearance by hiding the shadow of desire behind a true and beautiful smile next to her husband Hwang Ki Seok. Myung Se Hee supports Hwang Ki Seok's unstoppable move by the side and adds tension with her qualities of a great housekeeper. 

https://m.newsen.com/

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 6

e9856c06-d5e0-4169-8a4a-ef1a43995f7a-75c

'Payback' [episode 9 pre-release] "I'll let you break out of prison if you want." two characters look full of worries ~ teaser trailer

source:

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2

Content Writing Reporter Ha Soo Jung

0004783371-001-20230204074703255.png

Actress Choi Jung In left a strong impression on viewers by acting as a bold prosecutor Ham Jin who tries hard not to let go of her convictions even after tasting the bitter aftertaste of law and money in 'Payback'.

From the charisma of overturning the prison, Prosecutor Ham Jin showed off a bitter aftertaste of the law and money, and fought to defend justice while defending his dignified convictions. Actress Choi Jung In's played her role with gentle yet she has a sharp eye, a fluent pen were well contained, showing off her affirm strong presence to viewers.

Prosecutor Ham Jin and prison guard Kwon Sung Wook cleared Eun Yong (played by Lee Sun Kyun) of murder in prison for SBS Friday-Saturday drama 'Payback' (scriptwritten Kim Won Seok, directed by Lee Won Tae), which aired on February , 3.

source:

http://mosen.mt.co.kr/

• Like 4
  • Party! 2