The Good Bad Mother 나쁜엄마 [2023]

Tofu

The Good Bad Mother 나쁜엄마

Fr-Ply-YDWc-AAN6-Xi.jpg

Korean Title: 나쁜엄마
English Title: The Good Bad Mother
Director: Shim Na Yeon (Previous work: Beyond Evil)
Writer: Bae Se Young (Previous work: Extreme Job, Stellar)
Network: JTBC
Episodes: 14
Release Date: April 26th, 2023
English Subtitle: Netflix
Official WebsiteNamu Wiki

Synopsis:

Ra Mi Ran plays the role of Young Soon who only live for her children. Kang Ho (played by Lee Do Hyun) becomes a prosecutor per his mother's wishes. One day, he gets into an accident and turn into a child again after losing his memories. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Cast.

11.jpg

Ra Mi Ran as Young Soon 

She only lives for her children and becomes a bad mother to her son, Kang Ho. 

22.jpg

Lee Do Hyun as Kang Ho

Becomes a prosecutor per his mother's wishes. Due to an unexpected accident, he loses his memories and turn into a child. 

33.jpg

Ahn Eun Jin as Mi Joo

Mi Joo is Kang Ho's childhood friend.

44.jpg

Yoo In Soo as Bang Sam Sik

Supporting Cast.

Spoiler

Cho Jin Woong as Choi Hae Sik

Jung Woong In as Oh Tae Soo

Choi Moo Sung as Song Woo Byeok

Seo Yi Sook as Bang Sam Sik's mother

Kim Won Hae as village foreman

Jang Won Young as Bang Sam Sik's father

Kang Mal Geum as Lee Mi Joo's mother

Baek Hyun Jin as Trot Baek

Hong Bi Ra as Oh Ha Young

Ki So Yu as Ye Jin

Park Da On as Seo Jin

• Like 3
  • Party! 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow! That was one of the most dramatic child birth scene I've seen in a drama. :laugh:

I think a lot of people will be able to relate to the pressure placed on Kang Ho by his mom. I felt like I was getting flashback of my own parents when she was yelling at him to do more and be more. I understand where she's coming from though. Her husband was murdered and she didn't want her son to follow that same path. 

The ending scene...Kang Ho. I hope he's not a corrupted prosecutor. 

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 2

I am happy to say I'm into episode 1, so it's a keeper. There were a few scenes that had me feel like crying because it made me emotional. Good job to both Ra Mi Ran and Lee Do Hyun coz it was both their scenes that had me nearly in tears.

When the villain came out of the car, I was knocked out of the story instantly because of R88 - I was like, errr this is Taekie's Appa vs Jung Hwan's Omma. 🤣 It's not intentional; it's just that R88 is a very memorable drama for me.

I do think the storyline and development thus far is predictable: Kang Ho's father being killed and he ended up working for the killer. It is like history repeating itself. But this is just episode 1 for now, the unpredictable bit is after Kang Ho loses his memory and how the mother handles it all. Is it to let him live his life as he wishes OR repeat the same and be tough with him etc.

I'm looking forward to the sparks/friction between LDH and RMR. I think it'd be a heartwarming story in the end, what with the villagers. Why Sam Shik actor is always playing the bully though (except in Alchemy of Souls)?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Clapping Hands 3
11 hours ago, Tofu said:

I kind of like this unexpected twist. Can't tell at the moment if he has truly gone to the dark side or if it's part of his plan to avenge his father. But I do hope he has strayed ...mainly because I think this is the only wake up call that can get through to his mother. Their relationship dynamics would more interesting this way. I understand why she is like that, but she pushed him too hard. Her husband would not have wanted that for their son. He had no life. Thankfully he had MiJoo. Love that girl - she is like that burst of sunshine he needed in what is a very gloomy stressful childhood. I don't know if they are still together at this point though.

Very good first episode - I think  I can upgrade Lee Do Hyun's oppa status  again since this is a drama that I can finally enjoy 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

11 hours ago, Tofu said:

Wow! That was one of the most dramatic child birth scene I've seen in a drama.

I must ask @abs-oluteM this... is it really like taking a dump? :laugh: Wouldn't that mean real poop might come out with all that pushing? @Tofu I actually thought this is quite toned down. I remember seeing worst and a lot of screaming and hair grabbing ones. Mum would tell us that isn't true... but guess what? I'm not willing to find out. Hahaha! My aunt even told me the nurse ...

Spoiler

cut her vagina without telling her. Sorry for the details... I'm just making a point. Hahahahaha!

11 hours ago, Tofu said:

He looks like he is! Or do you think he's trying to play both sides?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3