The Good Bad Mother 나쁜엄마 [2023]

Tofu

Just now, abs-oluteM said:

Thankfully he had MiJoo. Love that girl - she is like that burst of sunshine he needed in what is a very gloomy stressful childhood. I don't know if they are still together at this point though.

Mi Joo reminds me of the FL's character from It Started with A Kiss. Don't you guys think so?

Just now, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle This gonna be a show that will make us laugh & cry :D

I'm happy to do both!!!

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

I must ask @abs-oluteM this... is it really like taking a dump? :laugh: Wouldn't that means real poop might come out with all that pushing? @Tofu I actually thought this is quite toned down. I remember seeing worst and a lot of screaming and hair grabbing ones. Mum would tell us that isn't true... but guess what? I'm not willing to find out. Hahaha! My aunt even told me the nurse ...

Reveal hidden contents

It hurts like hell especially if there's no painkiller. It's not quite like passing motion - it is worse :heiboi:...but different.

Spoiler

I had piles after I gave birth while pushing. I had no idea why I was so gungho to do it naturally without epidural.

I really should have taken the epi ...but it was too late when I decided I needed it. I had a very long labour 19 hours from the time my water broke. I think go for c-section if anyone wants to give birth :GrowDerp: 

:laugh:

• Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM Omg you did it without epidural! Is it because you think epidural might be bad for your son? I think that's what I'm told.

Spoiler

My sister did C-section but it isn't without consequences. She had this condition (I forgot the medical name) whereby her stomach remain big. So she did another operation to fix it. So she has a huge scars vertically on her tummy area and a smaller one for C-section.

I really think some women made it look like it's nothing when in truth, giving birth leaves a lot of side-effects to women's bodies. My aunt said she had her first one easy but second one was hell.

5 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

It's not quite like passing motion - it is worse :heiboi:...but different.

My ex-boss said it's a combination of period pain and something else. I can only imagine but I know what she meant by period pain... you feel the internal muscles constrict and the pain comes and goes.

• Haha 3
17 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM Omg you did it without epidural! Is it because you think epidural might be bad for your son? I think that's what I'm told.

I didn't think I will need it :laugh:- but also epidural is not without its side effects especially for ladies as you age.  

It is definitely worse than very bad cramps 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM @mademoiselle I was talking dramatic in the sense of there is soooo much going around her when she was giving birth -- lots of people, lots of shouting, just a lot. :lmao2:

I finished episode two and I believe Kang Ho was going to turn bad before his accident. It didn't seem to me like he was playing both sides, but we will never know now. 

You know, I was a little surprised when Ra Mi Ra's character didn't stop him from getting adopted by Chairman Song. I thought she would stop him, because he is responsible for Kang Ho's father's death. Then, I remembered it was never disclosed that Chairman Song was the man behind the murder.

I absolutely felt it when she was talking about money and wealth and Kang Ho says something like, "this was what you wanted". This mother and son pair....we are going to be in for a lot of tears, aren't we? :cry:

By the way, Mi Joo --- her twins. Is she actually the biological mother with Kang Ho possibly as the father? :pandathink:

BTS w/ English Subs.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

BTS w/o subs

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM @mademoiselle I was talking dramatic in the sense of there is soooo much going around her when she was giving birth -- lots of people, lots of shouting, just a lot. :lmao2:

Ohhh you mean that. Ahahaha yes that I agree. Kim Won Ho (the one making the phone call) can be very exaggerating. I think the most disappointing out of the pairing had to be Mi Joo's father - for DV, and mostly because she never bore him any sons.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Tofu said:

I finished episode two and I believe Kang Ho was going to turn bad before his accident. It didn't seem to me like he was playing both sides, but we will never know now. 

At times, it does feel like he had greater plan in mind trying to gain the trust of these awful men . But you're right....I think that he was rebelling & was bitter. While an adult has to be responsible for his own choices, I can't help but blame the mum for having shaped him to be this way. I know it isn't easy for the mother either raising him herself and feeling so powerless given the circumstances. But when you push your child the way she did, how can he even breathe? This accident & the condition that he will be in might end up becoming a blessing for them.

Oh my ...I didn't expect Mi Joo to be raising twins and now there's gonna be the big question mark about who the father is. Hope it isn't Sam Sik who went to jail. Since I love these makjang birth secrets :laugh:...it really could be Kang Ho's.

Anyway, this was a good premiere. My mum is watching this too and we both agree that the story is very interesting and we're hooked .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

But when you push your child the way she did, how can he even breathe?

Kang Ho made that point too. He asked her when did he ever enjoy a meal with just the two of them. He grew up resenting her and even the village people too. They all saw him as the greatest thing to come out of their little village, but he was nothing but miserable. 

I was surprised he was so willing to marry that snobby rich girl, but I guess he felt like he was already living in hell so being rich and living in hell sounded like the better option. 

@abs-oluteM Is your mom watching Dr. Cha? It's on Netflix and that's a good one too. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

I just finished episode 2. It was a heavy episode. I'm wondering if Kang Ho had a bigger plan too, because as a prosecutor, he could totally access & look into his father's case. Was he planning to infiltrate these two and plot revenge or he was genuinely going on the wrong path. I want to believe he didn't really push that car into the sea with the mother and son in it. That would be horrible and unredeemable when he recovered from his illness, if the illness is temporary.

I actually thought his accident was a result of the, now, Assemblyman or Chairman Song. But wait, it could totally be set-up because it's so coincidental that the truck drove towards it without even braking and I didn't see the truck anymore when the camera pan out to a farther scene, indicating a hit and run.

I agree Mi Joo's twins could most likely be Kang Ho's. It had to be!

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
31 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I want to believe he didn't really push that car into the sea with the mother and son in it. That would be horrible and unredeemable when he recovered from his illness, if the illness is temporary.

Me too ...even if he is angry with his mother or with the world , and is willing to do anything to be accepted , I cannot see him killing someone. I hold some hope that he still has conscience in him like when he withheld showing the adopted dad the phone that the lady gave him in eps 1. 

• Like 3

I started watching, and not even halfway through ep.1, was feeling heavy-hearted already... I already guessed correctly what was going to happen to the pig farm... That actor of bad guy, is also in Joseon Attorney, and playing bad guy part as well... Sigh, looks like I am not in the mood for serious heavy drama... I think I will pick this up again another day. Lately I am enjoying light-hearted watch more. 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@abs-oluteM @mademoiselle I think his accident was not an accident too. The truck had the entire left side of the road to avoid their car. 

@ktcjdrama Haha! I said the same thing to Abs too! I was like this adopted father in The Good Bad Mother is annoying me in Joseon Attorney too! If you end up not watching this one, a drama I'm watching is Oh No! Here Comes Trouble. It's a supernatural/crime with comedy Taiwanese drama. I really like it and look forward to it every week. Or if you're into a really light drama, I'm enjoying The Love You Give Me (Chinese). I mentioned it above, but Dr. Cha is also good. It makes me feel like I can do anything (FL is almost 50 and decided to go back to do her residency). 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
19 hours ago, Tofu said:

If you end up not watching this one, a drama I'm watching is Oh No! Here Comes Trouble. It's a supernatural/crime with comedy Taiwanese drama.

I still want to watch this... especially since you guys said there will be laughing as well... maybe when my mood is better.

I just checked out Oh No! ~ enjoying the first episode a lot! My kind of drama. Will continue. Thanks for the recommendation. I should probably also try Dr.Cha for motivational/inspirational bit. I should be able to relate well with her, hahaha...

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I just checked out Oh No! ~ enjoying the first episode a lot! My kind of drama. Will continue. Thanks for the recommendation

This drama is good. ...or at least I have a good feeling about it. This is listed as a touching healing comedy.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Eh, it has aired already?? Why I didnt know this? Ok, since it's LDH so I'm gonna watch, hopefully it is good. 

So far so good! I recommend this :D 

New stills

FvM9xygaAAAB6LY?format=png&name=900x900

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tofu said:

I forgot this aired today. :nervous:

Anyone watched episode 3 yet? Is it another heavy episode too? 

It started off heavy but ended very hopeful. You can go ahead and watch . There are some moments where I really felt for the mother even though I may not always agree with her parenting style. Her resolve to stay strong for KH and herself will see them through. 

Mi Joo's nail salon was doing real well but her partner took off with her money. So I think she'll return to the village and that's when she and KH will start again. I am more certain now that the twins are his ahahahah ...

I think this is a second chance for him to catch up on the childhood he missed out

Spoiler

Pre-released

I love that he gets this time to bond with the twins 

• Like 2

Next week's preview ! We get to see what happened to KH and MJ before they broke up. 

Spoiler

FvStwsgaMAE26uw?format=jpg&name=large

With subs

Spoiler

There was also a written preview 

After wandering all over town, Kang-ho finally found  the baseball. 
He runs  to Yejin's door and knock on the door, but the person who opened it...is from  America?
Mi-joo, who came down from Seoul as if being chased, sees the innocent Kang-ho she never imagined, and recalls the times she tried to forget and collapses.
On the other hand, Kang-ho, who met a 'pretty person' he had never seen before, feels strangely heartbroken after that...

• Like 2

I really loved episode 4 as we got to see how KH and MJ's relationship was like. MJ supported KH through law school, and they were very much in love. So given the time line, there's no doubt that the twins are his. They have to be ...they better not be building this amazing bond with the twins and give me a cruel twist where the kids are not his.

I am curious as to why he broke up with her and there are two possibilities. If he became a monster because he really craved money and power, then MJ would of course have to be out of the way for him to do so. Considering that the mother came across all these folks who were cursing at him ( and she now finally realised what he became) , this I suppose is the likely scenario. 2nd scenario is that he had to let her go as he cannot possibly drag her into his revenge plans. I know the chance of that is small but there's still  part of me that is holding out hope that he wasn't as terrible as it seems. 

I wanted to add too that this is not only a reset for Kang Ho, but it is also for his mother. She was under this impression before this that her upbringing lead him to much success. But now she knows, she turned him into a monster.  I am sure going forward, her perspective on life and "raising" KH again will change. 

• Like 2

I bawled my eyes out for episode 3 when it was revealed why Kang Ho refused to eat. I love that both Kang Ho and Omma are alike in the sense that they have a strong will to live. Omma always pull herself up when she falls or hit a wall. Same for Kang Ho actually. It would be easier to give up and lose the will to live, but the survival instinct is strong in Kang Ho and eventually Omma succeeded in making Kang Ho move and eat on his own. *Cries with happy tears*

I also love that he became friends and bonded with the twins. In no doubt, he is definitely the father of those twins. It's kinda a bit of a deja vu as well since he was also a father of twins in 18 Again. Hehehe.

I guess we will never see the face of that lady with the facial sheet mask. A refreshing character and so easy for that actress - no need to wear makeup to act. Hahaha! I'm guessing we will know her face only in the finale.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1