The Good Bad Mother 나쁜엄마 [2023]

Tofu

On 5/5/2023 at 8:50 AM, abs-oluteM said:

They have to be ...they better not be building this amazing bond with the twins and give me a cruel twist where the kids are not his.

It would be like a flashback of 2521 if that happens. :pandasadspoon:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

You know, I wonder if LDH used the experience he has with his younger brother as inspiration for this role?

I am slowly finishing up episode three, but I'm hoping to catch up this weekend. 🤞

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

So you can see how in love they were...seeing their backstory makes my heart ache.

Spoiler

Those kids are his, no doubt about that. But it looks like his reason for breaking up is to carry out the revenge , or so I think .

Spoiler

But still if I am MiJoo , how to forgive him when he dumped her just as he became prosecutor with no reasonable explanation

Preview

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Pre-released ...ahahah this is hilarious

Just started ep 5 on NF. My heart aches for Mi Joo...he really wronged her regardless of why he had to break up with her. Even if he had a plan for revenge ( and didn't want to drag her into it) , then he should not have let her support him all this while. Giving her the bank book cannot make up for the love and support she gave him. It was an insult. All the more I hope for Kang Ho to recover from this as he owes her a big explanation and a lifetime of making it up to her. 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Another good episode last night - the one that made me laugh but also made me really sad. Mum's life has been filled with so many hardships that I feel sorry to see that she will have to spend her final days in pain. Stage 4 cancer has quite low rates of survival though with how medicine has progressed, miracles are possible. I think more imperative than ever, Kang Ho really needs to regain all his memories. And it is not just mum that needs him, MJ and the twins too. I know MJ is very strong and resilient , but I think the kids have indicated that they too need their father. 

As I had expected, the rest of the villagers didn't join the protest. Even if for a moment they may have considered their own interests, they are kind and good people at the end of the day. Young Soon is like family and they won't have the heart to close down her farm.

Preview for next week

• Like 2

All I'm going to ask it, why oh whyyyy? Why must writernim gives Omma cancer? :scaredpanda2:

Ok, I have another thing to say. I was so so so surprised to see this annoying actor! Again, he's annoying. LOL! And I'm also surprised to see the actor on the right making a cameo too. Thanks to Alchemy of Souls, I have become fond of him (he was horrendous in Moment of 18 - @Tofu would agree, haha).

• Haha 2
17 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Thanks to Alchemy of Souls, I have become fond of him (he was horrendous in Moment of 18 - @Tofu would agree, haha).

I just mentioned him in my post in Dr. Romantic 3. Haha!

I watched Alchemy first so his character in Moment of 18 is all I remember him as. :pandadisgusted:

• Haha 2

I just started episode five and the twins has to be Kang Ho's. Mi Joo loved him so much. I can't see her having kids with anyone else but him. 

I like seeing the villagers coming together to help take care of Kang Ho even though they bicker with each other every time. 

Some of Kang Ho's mannerisms reminds me of my brother. I bet it reminds LDH of his brother too as both of our brothers have developmental disabilities. 

4 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

The mom was in the Miracle We Met, right?

I never saw this drama but I looked it up and she was in it! 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

I am still upset that Show is so cruel and Omma is uncurable! Why can't Omma have a good life after Kang Ho recover from this? :scaredpanda2: Life doesn't have to be so sad for one person. We now know why Kang Ho wasn't allowed to go on a field trip. Omma was scared since she sent off her family and husband off with gimbap and they all died and left her alone.

It was such a sad scene when Omma teaches Kang Ho the ethics and process of her own funeral. Teaching him what to say when people ask why she died. Gosh. It breaks my heart, so so much.

• Sad 2

@mademoiselle Yes omma really can't catch a break and I feel so sad for her. I cried my eyes out in these episodes. 

While I don't always agree with her parenting style, I know she subscribes to the school of "tough love". It is a very old school way of doing things, and I can understand this generation of new viewers especially all the Gen MZ and even younger millennials will get a culture shock. I see some discussions on twitter that says mum is being abusive etc , and that she hasn't change. I am not endorsing her way of doing things, but I can understand her desperation , frustration.  It is a very Asian tiger mum style of doing things. 

I love daddy Kang Ho and how he is bonding with his kids. The little girl YeJin is like a copy of MiJoo - tough cookie and outspoken. No surprise she has "fallen in love" for Kang Ho "oppa". ...She and Seo Jin need their father badly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@abs-oluteM I learned from K-Dramas that a daughter's first love is their father so...of course, Ye Jin's first love is Kang Ho. Haha! 

A part of me feels like I'm watching the prequel to 18 Again. LDH had twins in that drama too! He will always be a father of twins...:laugh:

I'm up to episode 7 now -- just watched the part where she finds out about her stage four cancer. This drama is so cruel to her! 

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

A part of me feels like I'm watching the prequel to 18 Again. LDH had twins in that drama too! He will always be a father of twins.

I thought it was cute that the writer "gave" him twins again.

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

I'm up to episode 7 now -- just watched the part where she finds out about her stage four cancer. This drama is so cruel to her!

Tell me about it. She had it tough all her life, why is the Drama God/Writer so mean to her? :pandasadspoon:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2