Oasis 오아시스 [2023]

Tofu

Oasis 오아시스

1675752401700-424375.jpg

Korean Title: 오아시스
English Title: Oasis
Director: Han Hee (Previous work: Goodbye, Mr. Black, Empress Ki) and Yoon Sung Shik (Previous work: Mr. Queen, Hwarang)
Writer: Jung Hyung Soo (Previous work: Jumong)
Network: KBS
Episodes: 16
Release Date: March 6th, 2023 (Monday/Tuesday)
English Subtitle: Viki
Official WebsiteKBS

Synopsis:

“Oasis” is set in Korea’s stormy period from the 1980s to the 1990s. It depicts the lives of young people who are forced to live solely to pursue power and wealth, and are surrounded by erroneous social values.

Lee Doo Hak (Jang Dong Yoon) is a high school student in a provincial city. He comes from a poor family background, but he is smart and compassionate. He falls in love with Oh Jung Shin (Seol In Ah) at first sight, who is a transfer student from Seoul. Lee Doo Hak gets involved in an unexpected case and this changes his life. Further, he becomes a “political gangster” and seeks to avenge his father’s unjust death.

Oh Jung Shin, also known as Sophia, is always honest and confident. She is brave enough to fight against injustice. She is the daughter of Namhae Theater's owner. After transferring to her new school from Seoul, she forms a bond with Lee Doo Hak and Choi Cheol Woong (Choo Young Woo). After experiencing emotional heartbreak with Lee Doo Hak, she enters the film industry to save her family’s theater. She grows into a powerful female cultural figure who is relentless in her pursuit of a profession and vengeance.

Since Choi Cheol Woong was a child, he and Lee Doo Hak have been friends and also rivals. Choi Cheol Woong is the type of person who can’t accept losing. He falls in love with transfer student Oh Jung Shin, but she doesn’t love him.

Credit: (1) (2)

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I love how both actors are so tan and then Seol In Ah's skin is so far. Haha! I do understand that it's partially due to their social status in the drama too -- both male leads are from poor families whereas female lead is from a wealthy family. 

• Haha 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

What I cracked me up more is not their fake tan ...if you guys see the New Year greeting that @Rina posted, just check out the wigs the boys are using. :Mimed:. I don't know if it is meant to make them look older. 

Yeah the guys' hairstyles/wigs especially JDY looks weird. :laugh:

But think I have to get ready a box of issues for this drama.:nervous:

• Haha 3

Hope...

Sometimes that's all you have when you have nothing else.