The Killing Vote 국민사형투표 [2023]

Tofu

The Killing Vote 국민사형투표

Lcx1689207042475.jpg

Korean Title: 국민사형투표
English Title: National Death Penalty Vote / The Killing Vote
Adapted From (WebToon)Gukminsahyeongtupyo written by Eom Se Yoon and illustrated by Jung Yi Poom
Director: Park Shin Woo (Previous work: It's Okay Not to be Okay)
Writer: Eom Se Yoon (WebToon), Jung Yi Poom (WebToon), Jo Yoon-Young (Previous work: Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo)
Network: SBS
Episodes: 12
Release Date: August 10th, 2023
English Subtitle
Official Website: SBS

Synopsis:

Dog Mask's identity is unknown. When heinous criminals avoid punishment from the law, all citizens over 18 years old receive a text message polling them on whether that person should receive the death penalty. If more than 50% respond in favor of the death penalty, that person is killed by Dog Mask. Meanwhile, the police chase after Dog Mask and three people become involved. (Credit)

• Like 4
  • Party! 1

Cast.

64a3ae23e464997d9af05686-p.jpg

Park Hae Jin as Kim Moo Chan

He is the leader of the First Investigation Team at the Southern Police Agency. He only cares about his career at the police agency. He is the youngest man to become the team leader of a regional investigation unit in the shortest period of time, and he is likely to make any interesting case his. 

64adfc217155327daa8832f0-p.jpg

Park Sung Woong as Kwon Seok Joo

He is a long-term prison inmate who turned himself in after personally killing the culprit who sexually assaulted his eight-year-old daughter. He was once Korea’s most famous legal expert, and he is still respected as a teacher-like figure and referred to as “professor” within the prison. 

64a61896e464997d9af05d62-p.jpg

Lim Ji Yeon as Joo Hyun

She is a police officer who works at the Cyber Security Bureau of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency for five years. Joo Hyun was once the ace of the Cyber Investigation Team after being specially hired, but now she has become known by everyone to be a nuisance who is always under fire.

Supporting Cast.

Spoiler

Kim Yoo Mi as Min Ji Young

Shin Jung Geun Choi Jin Soo

Kim Kwon as Lee Min Soo

Choi Yu Hwa as Chae Do Hee

Seo Young Joo as Kim Ji Hoon

Kwon Ah Reum as Joo Min

Go Geon Han as Jordan

Kwon Do Hyung as Sang Jae

Oh Ha Nee as Kang Yoon Ji

Gong Do Eun as Hye Mi

Credit: (1) (2)

• Like 4
  • Party! 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh... Park Hae-jin and Park Sung-woong... together again in another drama. With a title and premise like that, it's definitely worth a look.

Sounds a bit like The Devil Judge but from a different perspective. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, I've been watching this. 1 episode a week is really slow, but quite easy to watch and digest even if you're not all that interested 😅

The first few episodes were ok, the story plods along. But ep 7 was a re-hash of what we already know - they told you and then now they must show you by flashback 😆 It's no wonder the ratings dropped for that episode.

The acting is good, especially Park Sung Woon. The villian is also not bad.

Generally, you already know who is the bad guy, but just waiting to find out why he set up the killing vote, because he should be a target of this vote and not the organiser!

And, in my opinion, Park Sung Woon killed the wrong guy so I wonder if the show will just gloss over it. But I guess that also shows why meting out punishment without the law is not the way to go.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Why the heck are high schoolers involved in the investigation? Why? Why?

Why is she leaving highly confidential information around the house for everyone to see?

So many dumb things happening in one episode.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Haha 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2023 at 6:17 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

Why the heck are high schoolers involved in the investigation? Why? Why?

It turned out the high schooler had a semi-important role hahaha.

I like Lim Ji Yeon in The Glory and Lies Hidden In My Garden. She is versatile. But here, she irritates me occasionally because here character is too much of a "smart aleck"?

This drama is also too long.

• Party! 1