Thank you for sharing all this videos @stroppyse. I am so impressed by the AGT performance of Dynamite, it's almost a music video for one live performance! At first I thought it was one take and RM had to run down from the roof quickly, but with the cut to Jimin at the end, I figured it isn't. But still, they had to keep running about even if in different sequences. Mad props to the guys.

Oh wow, that Gyeongbokgoong performance! Only BTS could perform there I should think. What an amazing backdrop! Reminds me when I was there two Chuseoks ago. Sigh, I miss Korea!

• Like 1

Thanks for stopping by @wallflowersforjane! The guys are so amazing, and I love how they've poured everything into making memorable online and video performances since they can't do live venue performances.

At first I could tell that they were struggling with their energy levels in doing online/video performances, but now it feels as if they've really gotten into it. It helps that Big Hit is willing to splurge for location shoots as well.

Their performances at Gyeongbokgoong are so fantastic and atmospheric! I love their styling that works well with the lit up palace as well as their attitudes. Seeing Jimin and V do their deep bows were such sweet moments.

• Star Struck 1

@stroppyse I will definitely be in and out of here! A friend also recommended me the Tiny Desk performance (watching that next) as well as In The Soop. I will probably check that out soon because I really like variety shows set in the countryside.

9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

At first I could tell that they were struggling with their energy levels in doing online/video performances, but now it feels as if they've really gotten into it. It helps that Big Hit is willing to splurge for location shoots as well.

So relatable to us coping with Zoom meetings :jiminbtssigh:

10 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Their performances at Gyeongbokgoong are so fantastic and atmospheric! I love their styling that works well with the lit up palace as well as their attitudes. Seeing Jimin and V do their deep bows were such sweet moments.

Oh yes! Their outfits were so cool, with those traditional touches! V's little sword movement was awesome too!

• Like 1

The Friday performance in their week long appearances on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. A version of Dynamite set in a roller skating rink with the guys having a bit of a skate after their performance.

So, it turns out that other than V and J-hope, the others are proficient skaters. Love that they helped each other out. JK and Jimin help V while Jin helps Hobi. The performance is lovely and fun, as expected, but it was this bit of the guys being the guys afterwards that really made me squeal.

Loved their week long residency on Jimmy Fallon, and wishing it had been for longer!

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

My new ear worm. The BTS remix of Savage Love by Jawsh685 and Jason Derulo.

Can't miss JK's vocals on the chorus even with a bit of profanity , and Suga and Hobi added a new bit of Korean verse to the song! 

Here is a translation of the added lyrics.

Suga:

(in Korean)

Maybe love is just the emotion of a moment.
In a little while we wonder what we loved.
Forever
is just
perhaps
a sandcastle,
that with the gentle waves,
crumbles without resistance.

Hobi:

(in English)
Every night, every day
I’m swept away by the waves
Don’t know what I’m thinking
Can’t get you outta my head

(in Korean)

Whether what I’m afraid of
is you
or those days,
I want to love you like fire
now.

• Like 1

I think most artists are grateful for their fans, because without fans, they have no audience for their performances or the benefits they may get from those performances. But, I am touched by BTS' reactions to their fans, and their palpable love and longing for ARMY. They never forget to give ARMY shoutouts and express their love for them, and appear to understand that as good and talented as BTS may be, it's the loyalty of their die-hard fans that have taken them to the top and keep them there.

"We Are Bulletproof: Eternal" is their love ballad for each other and for ARMY. This is from their ON:E online concert.

(Edit: Video was taken down, so I removed the link. I'll try to find another copy of the performance.)

Map of the Soul: ON:E ultimately had to be an online concert without any offline components, but there were 2 fan interaction points. The first was a comment wall such as they had for their Bang Bang Con Live concert where the guys could see the texts from their fans. The second one was their fans dialing in via video which were then on a host of smaller screens surrounding the stage. Called "ARMY on Air", this was a special engagement that fans who bought tickets to ON:E could enter a raffle for, and required participation in both the rehearsals as well as the performance that they had won the right to be on video for.

So, these are the fans who were on audio/video, chanting, waving signs, and their ARMY bombs, that the guys are watching and listening to, and the guys are so moved by the visceral outpouring of love from their fans, even via videos.

I also appreciated how BIgHit went extra lengths to make it feel more of a concert performance for the guys who crave interaction with their fans so much. When I saw the photos of the ARMY bombs being placed on the empty chairs to signify ARMY who couldn't be there with them in the venue, but were watching at home, I think I as well as a number of ARMY were moved.

BTS and BigHit are both working hard to stay connected with us and with each other.

• Like 1

Not sure how long these videos will be up, but this is also from their online concert ON:E. The guys don't hide the fact that they use a backing track when they perform that kicks in when their own vocals fail them during performance. Understandable given how athletic their dance routines can be.

However, in this clip, the backing vocals are necessary as the members become emotional and too choked up to sing. This is 'Spring Day" which always chokes me up anyway. I always love their performances even more when they aren't necessarily doing choreo, but free to interact with each other in their own, unique, loving ways. 

(Edit: Video was taken down, so I removed the link. I'll see if I can find a replacement vid.)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Also, posting this vid from the Map of the Soul: 7 album. This is J-hope's outro called "Ego".

This song is about "ego" as versus the "id" and the "super-ego". Not to go into any lengthy psychoanalytics, but according to Freudian theory, your id is your subconscious, instinctive part that contains your base desires and instincts, hidden memories, primitive responses. Your superego is your conscience, critical and moralizing of what you should be doing. Your ego is the rational part of you that negotiates between your id and your super-ego to actually decide what you do.

And since MOTS is really more Jungian in flavor, Jung also agrees that the ego is the conscious mind, the awareness that governs choices and actions.

This song negotiates that landscape, and the video reinforces that with pictures from J-hopes own childhood to reflect on his past and present, and his desires for the future, claiming his ego and his free will.

All of that wrapped up into a fun song with an infectious beat that wants you to get up, move, dance, and live your life to the fullest. This song also seems reflective of J-Hope's sunny, optimistic persona.

It's also a fitting song to close out their Map of the Soul: 7 album. The album is an album in the classic sense in that each song has a role to play in the overall concept and journey presented in the album. So, after their reflections on figuring out the external factors as well as their inner emotions and demons, what's ultimately left is the self and their sense of their selves as they take their next steps.

One of the many things that attract me to BTS in general is that they seem to sing authentically of what they know. So, even though they may sing pop, rap, etc., there is a sense of folk to their songs as it talks about real conditions, real issues, everyday struggles that we all go through. And they do it to their own personalities and ethos.

• Like 2

Big Hit just released the behind the scenes for their performance of ON at Grand Central Station. They're so cute as they're in awe of the Station as well as the ever bigger stage that they find themselves on. They note that they would like to perform at Seoul Station as well at the end of their commentary, though the pandemic has made that not possible at all for the time being.

And, the actual performance of ON at Grand Central Station in New York City which is definitely worth a watch, or a re-watch if you've already seen it. The guys and the other performers are just amazing!

p.s. thought. Even if very few people read my musings and adoration of BTS, it's nice to have a venue where I can express my affection and thoughts about this amazing group who have struck a chord at the right time to resonate world wide.

• Like 1

I remembered watching the Grand Central Station video and it was amazing. I was so in awe the entire video. It's good to see the behind the scene for that. 

Also, I just realized that their mics are color coded! I didn't realized it before! 

• Like 1
On 10/27/2020 at 3:40 AM, stroppyse said:

p.s. thought. Even if very few people read my musings and adoration of BTS, it's nice to have a venue where I can express my affection and thoughts about this amazing group who have struck a chord at the right time to resonate world wide.

I feel you on this, I've never talked about my gratitude for BTS's impact on me as a skeptic initially (not a die-hard kpop fan) and then learned a lot from them as artists and people. I found their music in Feb 2017 and it was easy to remember because it was a time I moved out of my work studio, tons of things to settle and feeling quite low. Their work attitude, relationship with each other and many other aspects ignited me to stay positive in my own journey. I remember Spring Day was the song that truly got me thinking - this is it, I'm in. (however I don't think of myself as a real ARMY) I do admire and respect what they do and sometimes they're so relatable in the smallest ways, despite being so big now. 

On another note, I bought their Bang Bang Con ticket and totally miscalculate the time zone and missed it live. Hahaha...I had my snacks ready btw. Thankfully the ticket came with the vod which I had to watch much later to access to it...and I haven't watch that concert yet. haha. Instead recently, I bought their Soop series and watched those instead since I was in need of a "getaway". For now, I'm glad their Bts Run series is back! Yay! 

Thanks for the videos posted here...I realised there's so much content I haven't watch! However I'm interested to know how their new material will sound like too (always enjoy listening to RM talking about the making of each song on vlive) and will find time to dig into it.  :btslove:

• Like 1
On 10/26/2020 at 6:43 PM, Tofu said:

Also, I just realized that their mics are color coded! I didn't realized it before! 

LOL. Their mics are totally color coded, as are their earphones.

Jin - Was Pink, though he recently changed it to White to match his song "Moon" from MOTS7

RM - Blue

Suga - Black

J-Hope - Red

V - Green

Jimin - Gold

JK - Purple

It's was actually a cute thing in one of their live performances when Jimin and Tae switched their mics with each other. Awwww...

Also, given that to BTS and ARMY, purple is the color of love, I always thought that it was incredibly sweet that the maknae of the band got the purple mic.

5 hours ago, eNDe said:

I feel you on this, I've never talked about my gratitude for BTS's impact on me as a skeptic initially (not a die-hard kpop fan) and then learned a lot from them as artists and people. I found their music in Feb 2017 and it was easy to remember because it was a time I moved out of my work studio, tons of things to settle and feeling quite low. Their work attitude, relationship with each other and many other aspects ignited me to stay positive in my own journey. I remember Spring Day was the song that truly got me thinking - this is it, I'm in. (however I don't think of myself as a real ARMY) I do admire and respect what they do and sometimes they're so relatable in the smallest ways, despite being so big now. 

Hi @eNDe, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your thoughts! That's great that you got some healing from their music. It's just what the guys themselves constantly say they are striving for. I also love Spring Day and find myself singing it almost constantly. It's wistfulness and hopefulness just resonates with me and has done through so much.

I'm really looking forward to BE dropping next month. I really feel that the guys have matured both individually and as a group, so I'm curious to know how the recent worldwide events have affected them and their music. I really appreciated Dynamite as a bit of sunshine in the world right now, but I also think that they have a lot more to say about the situation, themselves, and life in general. Plus, I think it's incredibly meaningful that Jimin, who was one of the most retiring of the members initially, is being project leader for the album. Though, I suspect most of the songs will still have RM's hand in it. :btsnamjoonlove:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This vid just made me laugh. :laugh: It's supposed to be a preview of BTS' Season's Greetings. Seriously makes me wonder what they have in store if this is the preview. 

The titles of the guys have some story behind them, plus some of them are puns, but I'll leave it for now. Anyway, here is a literal translation of each guy's appellation in this clip.

Jin - Tuna-taste Cucumber
JK - Busan Real Man
Suga - Taechon Neighborhood Shooting Guard
V - Bangtan Neighborhood Grasshopper
Hobi - First Street Neighborhood Bounce
RM - Dokko Grassroots
Jimin - Soccer King Chimdori

:Party01:

• Like 1

But before the Season's Greetings, the new album 'BE' is dropping in a couple of weeks!

The concept trailers. Overall, beautiful and fey, though it leaves me with little idea of what the final album is going to be like. Still, so looking forward to it!

Also, the MV of "Savage Love" with JK, Suga, and J-Hope in it. It's funny how much I love the BTS version, but think that the version without BTS is just ok rather than one I want to listen to endlessly.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

New album 'BE' dropped! Here is the single from that album. For those of us who need a bit of hope as well as reflection in our lives.

English translation of the lyrics, with singer and notation for the lyrics sung in English.

[JK]

One day the world stopped,
Without any warning.
Spring doesn't know how to wait,
So, he just came barging in.

[Jimin]
A street with erased footprints
I'm falling down here
Time goes on by itself
I'm sorry. Without saying anything

[RM]

It looks like it's going to rain again today
I'm soaking wet
It still doesn't stop
Run faster than that black cloud
I thought that would work
I guess I'm just a human being.
It hurts like hell
The cold that the world gave me
Thanks to you, I'm rewinding the dust-covered rewind
Having fallen down, doing an off-beat dance
When winter comes, let's let it out
A hotter breath

[V]

I can't see the end
Is there any way out?
My feet won't lift up, won't lift up, oh

[JK and V]

Close your eyes for a moment
Here, hold my hand
Let's run to the future

[Vocal Line]

Like an echo in the forest (in English)
The day will come
As if nothing had happened
Yeah life goes on (in English)
Like an arrow in the blue sky (in English)
We're flying another day
On my pillow, on my table (in English)
Yeah life goes on (in English)
Like this again (in English)

[Suga}

I'll lend this music to you
People say the world has changed

Mm-mm-mm-mm
Fortunately, things between us
Haven't changed at all.

[J-Hope]
From the beginning and the end, with one word "an-yeong"
Let's continue today and tomorrow together again.
Stay still, but don't hide in the dark
The light will come up again

[V]

I can't see the end
Is there any way out?
My feet won't lift up, won't lift up. Oh.

[Jin]
Close your eyes for a moment
Here, hold my hand
Let's run to the future

[Vocal Line - English lyrics the same as previous]

Like an echo in the forest
The day will come
As if nothing had happened
Yeah life goes on
Like an arrow in the blue sky
We're flying another day
On my pillow, on my table
Yeah life goes on
Like this again

I remember
I remember
I remember
I remember

• Like 1
On 11/9/2020 at 11:44 PM, stroppyse said:

Jin - Tuna-taste Cucumber
JK - Busan Real Man
Suga - Taechon Neighborhood Shooting Guard
V - Bangtan Neighborhood Grasshopper
Hobi - First Street Neighborhood Bounce
RM - Dokko Grassroots
Jimin - Soccer King Chimdori

The video for this...hahahahaha! I want to know what each of these means especially a "Tuna-taste Cucumber"!

I really liked their new single that came out today. It really is a reflection if this year. Thanks for all the translations as always, @stroppyse!!

• Like 1

Grooving to "BE" and being happy now! :eeeee:The whole album, 8 tracks in all, is pretty retro actually, very R&B influenced as well as the disco track "Dynamite" plus a little old school hip hop (think a little Sugar Hill Gang almost), and venturing into 80's dance pop.

Plus, there is a track on the album called "Skit" which is really the guys all talking about how surprised they are that their song reached #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 on JK's birthday. They're so surprised, and yet so normal as well as they talk about whether they should have a drink to celebrate, whether they had slept well the night before, that they still had to practice, and how much they really want to hold a concert. Awww. So adorable.

It feels as if the guys are continuing to explore their musical boundaries. In some ways, the album feels a bit safe because it's a bouncy, likeable, uptempo album even on their more serious tracks. However, the lyrics tackle what they've gone through and are going through as they look into themselves more. It's a reflective reverie as well as the group drawing closer together for companionship, encouragement, and creativity. I know that I'm going to be listening to it over and over again, trying to gain some hope of some normalcy just beyond the horizon. And while I'm waiting, I might as well have a bit of a bop, even if I'm alone in my flat.

This video is of the BTS guys doing their photoshoots for their album BE's jacket cover to the soundtrack of their single "Life Goes On." As always, I love how relaxed and comfortable the guys are with each other, having fun and openly admiring and teasing each other. V served as artistic director, so loving the vibe even more.

They also crack a joke to finish this video. The name of their album is the English word "BE", however, the Korean word for rain is "bi" which is pronounced the same. During the third part of the album jacket shoot which was held outdoors, apparently, it started to rain just as soon as they had finished the official shoot, so they have fun cracking jokes about how the "bi" came just as they finished shooting for "BE". It's a cute bit of Konglish.

Anyway, I love this video, so here it is. It's English-subbed since it's from BangtanTV which is by Bighit Entertainment. Just hit the button that says CC on the lower right to get English subs. Enjoy! :hearties:

This group and their energy are my happy place right now!

BTS won 2 awards tonight at the AMA's: Favorite Duo or Group - Pop/Rock and Favorite Social Artist! Congratulations! So happy for them, though they're probably pretty used to winning awards at this stage.

This is a video of their performance tonight. It'll probably be taken down soon, but I'm hoping that Bighit will post a clearer, cleaner version of their performances soon. The guys seem to become more assured, more relaxed, and able to have more fun each time they perform. They're performing at an empty Seoul Stadium, but I love how they handled the light show within the stadium, even if the guys can't get energy from ARMY being there with them.

Bangtan Bomb version of BTS' AMA performance of "Life Goes On". They've released several versions, and this is the one that continues to show the entire group during their performance rather than focusing on a single members.

And, then their televised performance of "Life Goes On" for Good Morning America's GMA Concert Series today. I love how they put so much thought into the production of each performance.